Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 440

i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c] Empty
PostSubject: i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c]   i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c] EmptyTue 2 Jul 2024 - 23:53

OATFLUFF
Are you going to age with grace?
The moment that Oatfluff had risen for the dawn patrol, he'd felt the heat weighing on him. It was too hot to do much with greenleaf in full swing, but the stout brown tom was determined get things done. He'd volunteered for dawn patrol as always, and he'd even made a delightful catch while checking the borders. It seemed that the moor was alive with prey; anytime a warrior so much as took a step, a few rabbits exploded from the undergrowth nearby. Oatfluff was proud to make so many contributions to the fresh-kill pile, but his Clan would be well-fed without him. No, Oatfluff had different concerns. As plentiful as prey may be, WindClan had known peace for his entire lifetime, and while he'd only realized it recently... he was determined to keep it that way. And on the off chance that he alone could not - well, he needed to be certain he could defend his Clanmates from harm, no matter what happened. He hadn't sparred in what felt like forever. He could almost feel his battle skills beginning to rust with each passing day.

As he padded into camp, a rabbit hanging from his jaws, his eyes caught a familiar pelt. He grinned to himself as he stacked his catch on top of the ever-growing pile. Larchbreeze! He hadn't spoken to the flame-furred tom since... oh, StarClan, since they were both apprentices. Oatfluff shook out his fur and bounded over to his denmate. It was a bit more controlled than his usual bouncing run during his apprentice days, but it was energetic and very Oatfluff all the same.

"Larch!" Oatfluff exclaimed, brushing his pelt gently against his Clanmate's. A low purr erupted from his throat. "I haven't seen you in, let's see, forever! Congratulations on your new name - it was long overdue." His chestnut-brown gaze was warm with sincerity as he looked at the calico, internally remarking at how he'd grown. Had they really not run into each other in so long? He'd caught glimpses of Larchbreeze in passing, sure, but never long enough to say 'hi'. They were always coming and going at different times. Oatfluff tilted his head to the right, then, as if he'd just had the best idea ever, and finally launched his proposal. His paws were itching for a playful spar, and he was sure Larchbreeze would be a worthy opponent. What better way to catch up? "Say - would you want to spar with me? I'm afraid I need to brush up on my battle skills." A kit-like mischief danced in his eyes as he waited for his reply.
...or only to wake and hide your face?
WindClan • T3 Warrior • He/Him • #7f513e
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunbear - T1 WindClan Warrior - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c] Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6888

PostSubject: Re: i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c]   i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2024 - 16:09

Greenleaf's heat made most people languid and lazy. It felt like even the smallest activities took twice as much energy as they used to. Even with the warmth, however, that was no excuse to lay around. Larchbreeze did his best to keep up with his duties--not out of a sense of responsibility, exactly, but because he could take more enjoyment in resting if he knew he'd worked harder than his patrolmates. He wouldn't tell anybody that, though. It just sometimes felt nice to look back and realize how much he'd done all morning. Still, the day grew hot enough that even he had to take a break to cool off. The flame-orange calico tabby tom lay in one of the few shady spots in camp, his sides heaving as he panted. Stars, he missed newleaf's temperate weather. However, all thoughts of the scorching temperature faded when he saw a familiar face bounding toward him.

Was that Oatfluff? It was! It had been a long time since he saw the tom. Larchbreeze felt an answering grin break out on his face as his friend purred a greeting. He'd been worried for nothing, it seemed. The two of them had probably just been so busy that they missed each other with different schedules. "Hey there, Oatfluff!" he said warmly, getting to his feet. "Thanks for the congratulations. I'm glad we get to sleep in the same den again." A spar...? Well, he would be lying if he said that exerting himself further in the full glare of the midday sun sounded like something that he would enjoy. However, it really had been a long time since he'd seen Oatfluff, and he couldn't deny that it always felt good for someone to seek out his company on purpose. Besides, the tom's energy and smile were infectious. Larchbreeze shook out his fur, then winked a gleaming golden eye. "Well, what kind of friend would I be if I declined you in your hour of need? I'd love to assist. I'll try my best to be a good partner, though I worry that my skills might appear lacking in comparison to someone as talented as yourself."

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 440

PostSubject: Re: i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c]   i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c] EmptyMon 5 Aug 2024 - 19:18

OATFLUFF
Are you going to age with grace?
Oatfluff met his friend's enthusiasm with another purr. Even in this heat, Larchbreeze was just as energetic as always - though he partially felt bad that he'd interrupted his rest. Oh, well - who knew when they'd both have a free moment again? The older warrior's feathery tail curled high in the air as happiness radiated through him. Though his thick fur only seemed to trap the heat, he wasn't going to let a little thing like that stop their reunion.

"Oh, you flatter me." Oatfluff grinned. A low purr rumbled in his throat at the tom's wink. Nothing had changed, it seemed. "But don't discount yourself, Larch! You'll prove a good match, I know it." The mottled brown tom rubbed his cheek against Larchbreeze's shoulder, then bounced back to his paws as though remembering his purpose. "Let's go, then!"

Oatfluff surged forward, then stopped abruptly with a pant. "I'd say we should race like old times, but..." He gestured with his tail around the camp, as though gesturing at the heat. Then he started forward again with a slower, more even pace. There was still a gentle breeze in the air; it wouldn't be such a miserable day after all! Besides, he was in good company. "Don't wanna run out of energy before we even start sparring, huh?" He chuckled. Leisurely, he led the way to the flower fields. He glanced over at Larchbreeze occasionally, happy to have his old buddy walking beside him once more.

When they arrived, Oatfluff looked over Larchbreeze, a mischievous glint in his eye. Should he tackle him? Oh, how funny it would be... even though they weren't apprentices anymore, they were still young. There was no harm in a little fun. His whiskers twitched, but he let Larchbreeze go ahead of him, putting on his best air of nonchalance. As the calico passed, Oatfluff leapt, landing square on the tom's back and batting at his nose. "Surprise! Gotcha!" He lowered his voice, then, in a comical attempt to be menacing. "Fear me! I am a great enemy warrior, and you stand no chance against my wrath!" Still, he could hardly keep himself from laughing.

Oatfluff used Smack (Surprise Attack active), costing 5 EP (+15) and dealing 10 damage (+3)!
↳ Total of 13 damage dealt for -20 EP.

Oatfluff
60 / 60 HP
150 / 170 EP (-20 EP)

Larchbreeze
27 / 40 HP (-13 HP)
110 / 110 EP
...or only to wake and hide your face?
WindClan • T3 Warrior • He/Him • #7f513e
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunbear - T1 WindClan Warrior - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c] Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6888

PostSubject: Re: i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c]   i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c] EmptyFri 6 Sep 2024 - 12:07

Sparks shuddered beneath his fur at the tom's touch. Though Oatfluff had always been friendly, sometimes Larchbreeze wondered whether his friend was truly as innocent in his intentions as he seemed. Maybe he was just playing along... or maybe there really was something else behind the gorgeous brown of his eyes. Either way, the calico tabby couldn't help returning his grin. Suddenly the heat of the day did not seem quiet so oppressive, especially when compared with the warmth of his own beating heart. The idea of a race briefly threatened to send the euphoria surging further through his veins, but a belated remembrance of the sun beating down upon both of them made him glad for Oatfluff's forbearance. "Wise as always," he purred. "I'll follow your lead, Oat."

Larchbreeze knew from the mischievous light in Oatfluff's eyes that the tom was planning something--but he was so glad to be out in the territory on a glorious day like this, so taken in by the warm sunlight and the euphoria of being wanted, that he decided good-naturedly to let the tom have his fun. After all, what were friends for? So, to say that he had not been expecting the attack would be untrue, but the boisterous leap did take him somewhat off-guard. Still he felt his heart thrill at the laughter bubbling up from Oatfluff's chest. Stars, but it felt nice to have fun. And to help the brightest tom in the Clan to enjoy himself, too. Larchbreeze felt an answering smile curl across his face. He held still for a moment before suddenly bucking upwards, surging energy through his paws and leaping into the sky, forcing Oatfluff to fall winded from his back. "Oh no," he said insincerely, a laugh of his own building beneath his words. Golden eyes gleamed as they looked down at the warrior on the ground. "Woe is me, whatever shall I do? Alas, I am doomed! I suppose I have no choice but to defend myself against the greatest warrior of the Clan."

Larchbreeze used Trip, dealing 7 damage and costing 15 EP. Oatfluff is stunned for 1 turn.

Larchbreeze:
27/40 HP
95/110 EP

Oatfluff: [stunned 0/1]
53/60 HP
150/170 EP

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c]   i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

i hope somehow, i'll wake up young again [c]
Page 1 of 1