Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

heat of the summer [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 440

heat of the summer [c] Empty
PostSubject: heat of the summer [c]   heat of the summer [c] EmptyTue 2 Jul 2024 - 20:22

FOXPAW "there's nothing that i'd take back"
they/he - windclan apprentice
"It's too hot today." Foxpaw's nose wrinkled as they stepped out of the shade of the camp walls and into the harsh sunlight. They hated greenleaf. Sure, there were some cool bugs out, but newleaf had cool bugs and their fur didn't get all sticky with sweat the instant they left the shade.

They looked over their shoulder at their patrolmate. Weevilpaw wasn't a cat they'd ever spoken with before, but she seemed nice enough! He was always open to new friends, even if he didn't need them. It was just nice to talk to someone who wasn't his sibling. "Do you like greenleaf, Weev? Do you like hunting? I don't actually know you, and I think we should change that. I don't like greenleaf and I don't hate hunting, but I don't kill birds." Foxpaw stated plainly, their voice as chipper as it ever got. They padded forward with their head held high and their tail drooping, as though wilting in the oppressive heat. They were practicing hunting today; Foxpaw's mentor didn't even seem to know his name, but Weevilpaw's mentor had suggested it. Uh... whatever the tom's name was. They were just happy to be outside!

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunbear - T1 WindClan Warrior - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

heat of the summer [c] Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Hickorypaw - Skyclan //// Weevilpaw - Windclan //// Beankit - Thunderclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 4 Warrior //// Skyclan - Apprentice //// Windclan - Apprentice //// Thunderclan - Kit
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 518

PostSubject: Re: heat of the summer [c]   heat of the summer [c] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2024 - 15:19

Weevilpaw
Apprentice | Windclan | She/Her

Weevilpaw happily swayed through the tall grass as she followed behind the patrol. She was a bit slower than the other cats in the clan, but she was finally getting better at using her legs… most the time. She tried to catch a blade of grass with her teeth and missed it by just a second. Her ears perked forward at the sound of her den mate’s voice.

“I don’t mind Greenleaf, but its all I’ve ever know too!” Weevilpaw chipped as she leaped to Foxpaw’s side. “I haven’t done much hunting either, but I like chasing bugs around! Why wont you kill birds?” Her dark amber eyes sparkled as she looked up at the larger tom. Most cats in Windclan were much larger than her, even the ones that were her age or younger. Her eyes scanned over Foxpaw; his pelt was short and slick whereas hers was a bit longer and fluffy. She wondered if his short coat made him feel the heat more than her longer coat.

Discord: ChaoticCrow | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: heat of the summer [c]   heat of the summer [c] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2024 - 15:22

Foxpaw didn't mind if Weevilpaw needed to walk slower. They were rarely in a rush to go anywhere - why would anyone be, with views like these? They'd much rather stop and take in the view.  Though they were meant to be hunting, Foxpaw was certainly in no rush to do so, and they wouldn't initiate it unless their denmate did.

"Bugs? I like to play with bugs. You - you don't kill them, do you?" There was a hint of horror in their voice; killing bugs was off limits, in their mind. It was one thing if they were already dead; they'd just bring them home and add them to their collection (after, of course, giving them a proper funeral). But they weren't sure they could be friends with Weevilpaw if she killed bugs. Then they shrugged. "I don't kill birds either, 'cause I like them a lot. They're cute n' I like their songs. Also, it just feels wrong for some reason." Foxpaw cocked his head to the side, then, as though a thought had just occurred to them.

"You know, you're named after a bug. I can keep an eye out if you wanna see one. I've only seen weevils a couple a' times, but they're kinda cute. Got these long snoots and little feets." If anyone listened closely, they could probably hear a quiet whirring sound, almost like some sort of machine, as Foxpaw jumped to their next topic. "Say, what's your favorite kinda prey? Maybe we could practice catching it today!"

Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Hickorypaw - Skyclan //// Weevilpaw - Windclan //// Beankit - Thunderclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 4 Warrior //// Skyclan - Apprentice //// Windclan - Apprentice //// Thunderclan - Kit
Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: heat of the summer [c]   heat of the summer [c] EmptyTue 23 Jul 2024 - 18:10

Weevilpaw

“Mm well sometimes they make a yummy snack…” Weevilpaw mewed sheepishly at Foxpaw’s question. She nodded along as her fellow apprentice spoke. They did have a point; the birds were pretty, and they sounded nice too. “Birds are cool I guess, and I know! I’ve never seen a weevil though.” She chirped as her friend changed topics.

A small chuckle escaped Weevilpaw’s lips and Foxpaw started on a new topic. “I’m not sure! I guess I haven’t given it much thought. Maybe a rabbit or hare? I don’t think I’d be any good at catching anything though… My legs don’t like to work with me a lot of the time, but we can try!” She purred with a soft smile.

chicago

Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: heat of the summer [c]   heat of the summer [c] EmptySun 11 Aug 2024 - 22:36

Foxpaw barely seemed to regard Weevilpaw's sheepishness as they scanned the territory. They didn't have any weevils in their collection, since they'd never found one dead. But it seemed like the wrong time of year for them. Newleaf was the best time to find most bugs.

"Hm? Oh, that's no problem." Foxpaw tilted their head as Weevilpaw spoke. Did their friend really think she wouldn't be any good? "I always assumed I wouldn't be no good at catching anything, and I caught a rabbit on my first time hunting! Don't discount yourself." Still, their eyes dimmed as they thought. Her legs would make hunting harder. Could they help?

"Say! Maybe I can chase a rabbit toward you, and you can just pluck it up and make the catch! One sec!" With that, Foxpaw ran off, their long, long legs stretching as they zoomed off toward a rabbit warren. In no time, they were chasing one toward her with a big, dopey grin. "Heads up, Weevs!"

Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: heat of the summer [c]   heat of the summer [c] EmptyMon 2 Sep 2024 - 14:52

Weevilpaw

Weevilpaw groaned slightly at Foxpaw’s offer but she was willing to give it a try. ”We can sure try!” Her voice hid her anxiety well. Foxpaw was sprinting off before the young apprentice finished talking.

She tried to peer over the grass, dark amber eyes looking for her friend. Weevilpaw could hear the pitter pattering of feet heading right towards her. Foxpaw’s voice called out a warning as they ran through the field, and Weevilpaw’s eyes widened as a scared rabbit plowed right into her, knocking her onto her back.

Her claws sank into the fragile skin of the rabbit, and she bit into its neck. The two of them rolled and flipped through the grass before everything seemed to stand still. A blob of brown fur laid in the blood-stained grass. Weevilpaw stuck her head out from under the rabbit as Foxpaw approached. ”Um, I caught it… kinda. Mind helping me, I can’t get up with it on me.” She mewed with a slight laugh.

PostSubject: Re: heat of the summer [c]   heat of the summer [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

heat of the summer [c]
Page 1 of 1