Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

overcast [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 440

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptyThu 20 Jun 2024 - 22:09

SUNPAW "spoiled, selfish little child . . . "
she/her - windclan apprentice
It'd been ages since Sunpaw had been able to spend time with her family. She was either training tirelessly, or entirely passed out in her nest; many nights, even after Eaglefly dismissed her, she could be found practicing a particular battle move or hunting crouch for hours until she got it exactly perfect. Sunpaw was finding that she missed everyone terribly. After Cloudjumper's warrior ceremony, she'd vowed to find her sister and catch up - sometimes it seemed like they hadn't spoken since birth.

She'd finally caught her by the fresh-kill pile the next day, the sun dipping below the horizon and providing some much-needed relief from the greenleaf sun. It looked like her sister had just come back from patrol. "We really are the same blood, aren't we, Cloudjumper?" Sunpaw remarked, amusement clear in her tone as she approached her sister. She gave her shoulder a playful flick with her tail. "You're always on patrol, and I'm always on patrol, and we never see each other. Speaking of which - congratulations, sis. How's it feel, being a big bad warrior before the rest of us?" The tortoiseshell purred, unusually personable in the presence of kin. Privately, she was a bit resentful; she was always thought she'd be the first of their littermates to be named. But that was entirely her own fault - and Cloudjumper had gotten a bit of a headstart, after all.

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunbear - T1 WindClan Warrior - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

overcast [c] Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]andive [B]riarpatch [H]oneybee [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T3 Warrior [H] SkC/T1 Warrior [C] WC/T4 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 6121

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptyFri 21 Jun 2024 - 15:49

The sun was finally starting to sink, and it was a relief to be back in camp at the end of a long patrol in the greenleaf heat. Even with her short fur, it wasn't the most comfortable of weather. The warmth left Cloudjumper feeling rather irritable, though a smile worked its' way onto the new warrior's face at the sight of her sister.

"We are," She grinned at Sunpaw, "It's so easy to get lost in training and duties," She'd become a warrior first, after all, "How have you been? How's training going?" Despite her focus on her duties, she did care for her siblings.

"Honestly? It's still sinking in. I don't need a warrior following me everywhere, more freedom... Being a warrior is nice. You can't be that far behind me, I'm sure!"

SkC Leader | Profiles | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T3 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneybeeSkC
T1 Warrior
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T4 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptyTue 25 Jun 2024 - 20:13

Sunpaw felt a pang of jealousy as Cloudjumper began speaking of her freedom, though not once did she let her smile fade. Instead, the small she-cat flopped on the ground dramatically. "Ugh! Freedom! Don't brag," Sunpaw groaned, but she peeked up at her sister and grinned. Eaglefly was a good mentor, but he'd never let her out of his sight unless she was tucked safe in her nest. It wasn't fair. Some of the apprentices were at least allowed to go to the training hollow alone. Not her - any solo training sessions were always her off to the side of camp, pretending to stalk some scrap of moss. But she shouldn't complain. "I hope I'm not far off. But I suppose I wouldn't want Tigerstar to make me a warrior before I'm ready." She frowned and glanced at her paws.

"But I'm good, I'm good! Eaglefly seems pretty focused on hunting, is all. But he's nice! I really like him! And I mean, it's not a wasted effort. I wasn't great at hunting at first, but I caught a pretty nice rabbit the other day." Sunpaw purred as she thought about it. Then she perked up as an idea came to her. She was desperate to learn some battle moves, and Cloudjumper must be a pretty fierce fighter if she already had her name. It made Sunpaw restless, really - how could she defend her family if she barely knew how to unsheathe her claws? Hey! Maybe we could spar sometime - what do you say? I bet I could beat you!" The she-cat bounced to her paws and nudged her sister playfully, practically singing her last words.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]andive [B]riarpatch [H]oneybee [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T3 Warrior [H] SkC/T1 Warrior [C] WC/T4 Warrior
Cancer Tiger

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptyWed 26 Jun 2024 - 10:17

Cloudjumper grinned at Sunpaw's theatrics. "The freedom is glorious, too! ...Still have to get up early most days, but who cares about that?" Cloudjumper stretched out beside her sister, a purr rumbling in her chest.

Was that... Jealousy? At how quickly she'd become a warrior? Perhaps it was only imagined on Cloudjumper's end... She hoped it was imagined. Though really, any of the other apprentices would be jealous of how quickly she and Leopardwind had become warriors. Still, she didn't like seeing that in her own family. "Tigerstar would never make us warriors before we were ready, I'm sure of it." She mewed, trying to reassure her.

"Practice makes perfect, sis. You'll be one of the best hunters this clan has ever seen, just wait!" The other being her, of course. "And having a mentor that prioritizes what you struggled with is a good thing. Spiderdance did the same with me." She added, tail curling over her paws.

"Think you can beat me in a spar? We can test that now, if you want..." Cloudjumper smirked at her sister, bright green eyes watching her.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T3 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneybeeSkC
T1 Warrior
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T4 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptyMon 15 Jul 2024 - 20:01

Cloudjumper's attempt at reassurance had the opposite effect. Still, Sunpaw had learned how to craft the perfect charade young - mostly to keep Nectarflower off her back, or make sure she didn't worry her too much. While the implication of her sister's words stung: you're not ready. You'd be a warrior by now if you were only good enough - she was able to hide her hurt and keep her shoulders from slouching. Her pale green gaze stayed neutral, with just the right flicker in them to show her excitement.

It wasn't right to be jealous of her sister. She shouldn't be resentful. It wasn't Cloudjumper's fault that Sunpaw wasn't good enough. But she felt ready - anytime she saw that bumbling Larchbreeze or mouse-brained Auburnrain, she knew she was better than them. Perhaps they didn't truly deserve their names, and Tigerstar just played favorites. Irritation pricked her paws, but she plastered a smile on her face nonetheless.

"Thanks! I could only hope to be half the hunter you are," Sunpaw purred, the compliment coming easy to her own blood. "Spiderdance did well."

Still, a challenge laced her sister's words, and Sunpaw was nothing if not up for the challenge. She shared Cloudjumper's smirk, then raised an eyebrow. "Oh, I don't think, I know. If you wanna go, we can go - but know that if you lose, you'll be beaten by someone who's acting only on natural talent." Sunpaw grinned. Sure, she had never had any battle training in her life, but she was cocky. She knew her wits and instincts would guide her well; surely, they had to. Her own gaze glittered with a challenge. "I suppose I could let you have the first move."

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptyTue 16 Jul 2024 - 18:56

"Oh come on, maybe you'll surpass me, even." Were it any other clanmate but one of her siblings, Cloudjumper would have been as self-assured as ever. Cocky, perhaps, knowing that the majority of them wouldn't be up to the task. But for her sister, she was genuine. "Spiderdance was a good mentor, he taught me everything." Everything, yet also not enough, she found herself thinking occasionally. For all her bravado, there would always be more to learn, something she could improve at.

Sunpaw's voice drew Cloudjumper from her thoughts however, and her smirk only grew. "Bold words for an apprentice." She grinned, "If you really think that..." Without moving from where she'd stretched out, Cloudjumper reached out a paw, playfully tapping her littermate's shoulder. There was no reason to be so serious... But if Sunpaw did truly want to take up the challenge, Cloudjumper would still oblige.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T3 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneybeeSkC
T1 Warrior
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T4 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2024 - 16:24

"Bold words for an apprentice." So Cloudjumper didn't take her seriously, was that it? Maybe it was stupid to take her on like this, but Sunpaw was nothing if not full of hubris - and a deep, burning desire to prove herself, no matter the cost. Her sister's seemingly taunting words were only driven home by a light tap of the shoulder. Something flashed in Sunpaw's eyes. She was still on her feet, while her sister was stretched out across the soft grass below. Her pale eyes narrowed. I'll show her.

"Alright, then. It's not like you to give up the first blow like that." I thought you were smarter, she wanted to add, but it was at risk of being rude to her own kin. That was one line she wouldn't cross. Slowly, Sunpaw stretched out, then crouched down in a defensive position. The technique wasn't perfect, but instinct guided her well enough. "C'mon then." Sunpaw waited just a moment for her sister to get situated. Then, when Cloudjumper seemed ready enough, the small tortoiseshell barreled forward.

Though she was much smaller than Cloudjumper, she knew she was more muscular than her leaner, lankier Clanmates. She aimed low and slammed into her sister's shoulder. Aha! The move caused the warrior to stumble, just as she'd thought, and Sunpaw took the opportunity to shove her to the ground and pin her there. Still, remorse flashed against her features. "Tell me if I'm too rough, okay?" She'd never sparred before; she didn't know what would actually hurt someone, other than unsheathed claws.

Sunpaw used Leap and Hold, costing 15 EP and dealing 5 damage! Cloudjumper is pinned for 2 turns!

Sunpaw
20 / 20 HP
45 / 60 EP (-15 EP)

Cloudjumper (PINNED 0/2)

25 / 30 HP (-5 HP)
80 / 80 EP

Last edited by chicago on Wed 17 Jul 2024 - 16:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15468

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2024 - 16:24

The member 'chicago' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

overcast [c] Mistpe10
overcast [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024 - 16:12

"Only for you, sis. I'm feeling generous." Cloudjumper's whiskers twitched, rolling lightly to her paws.

Sunpaw barreled into her shoulder, causing Cloudjumper to stumble. "Oof, you hit hard for a Windclanner. But that's a good thing." Her sister was a bit less lanky, a bit shorter, more muscular frame lending more toward strength than Cloudjumper's quickness. For the moment the apprentice had gotten a good pin in place, but she wouldn't be able to hold it for too long, Cloudjumper suspected. Then she would strike.

Cloudjumper is pinned.

Cloudjumper

25 / 30 HP
80 / 80 EP

Sunpaw
20 / 20 HP
45 / 60 EP

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T3 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneybeeSkC
T1 Warrior
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T4 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptyThu 8 Aug 2024 - 22:56

Sunpaw felt a rush of pride as she pinned her sister to the ground. "Thanks, sis," The tortoiseshell purred, then pushed her sister's face gently into the dirt. "Hehe. You got a little somethin' on your nose." She teased, whiskers twitching in amusement. Though they were the same age, Cloudjumper's higher rank made it feel like a real accomplishment. If Sunpaw could be good at fighting - really good - maybe one day, she could live up to her own standards.

She kept her paws firmly in place. For once, she was proud of her smaller, stouter size; it was much easier to keep Cloudjumper pinned like this. For a moment, she felt a flash of doubt - was Cloudjumper not going to fight back? No. She was going to try and take her off guard. Sunpaw steeled herself for the blow that would surely come. "Come on, Cloud, try to break free!" Was she itching for a fight? Maybe. Hunting wasn't much of a thrill anymore.

Leap and Hold still in effect! -5 HP!

Sunpaw
20 / 20 HP
45 / 60 EP

Cloudjumper (PINNED 1/2)
20 / 30 HP (-5 HP)
80 / 80 EP

Last edited by chicago on Sun 11 Aug 2024 - 21:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptySun 11 Aug 2024 - 9:01

"Hey!" Cloudjumper sputtered as her face was quite literally rubbed in the dirt, though she couldn't quite keep the grin off of her face as she pretended to glare up at Sunpaw. "Oh, just you wait..." She growled at her, struggling beneath her sister's grip. Her sister was almost goading her... Now would be the perfect time to break her hold... A smug purr escaped Cloudjumper as she managed it successfully, playfully whacking her sister with a paw as she did so.

"Well, you all but begged me to..."

Cloudjumper attempted Duck and Twist for -10 ep, dealing -7 damage and successfully breaking the pin.

Cloudjumper

20 / 30 hp
70 / 80 ep (80 - 10)

Sunpaw
13 / 20 hp (20 - 7)
45 / 60 ep

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T3 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneybeeSkC
T1 Warrior
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T4 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured

Last edited by kjSage on Sun 11 Aug 2024 - 9:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptySun 11 Aug 2024 - 9:01

The member 'kjSage' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

overcast [c] Mistpe10
overcast [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptySun 11 Aug 2024 - 21:50

Sunpaw stumbled as Cloudjumper broke free. Her footing was all thrown off, and as her sister smacked her playfully, she lost her balance and fell in the dirt herself. Fox-dung. Perhaps she'd gotten too cocky. Anger flashed in her gaze for a moment before she remembered that this was Cloudjumper, this was her kin, and she forced her fur to lie flat.

"Agh! You got me! StarClan... I can see the light..." She groaned dramatically, then stuck her tongue out at her sister. "Good one, sis, but I'm afraid you've got a little somethin'... right... there." Sunpaw surged forward. She knew her sister's weak spot - any cat's weak spot. The trick was just landing the blow.

Which... turned out to be much more difficult than she thought. Sunpaw tripped over Cloudjumper's paw and went tumbling right into the dirt again with a quiet oof.
"Aw, man... I thought that would work."

Sunpaw attempted to use Belly Rake . . . and failed! -10 EP and -5 HP on recoil D:

Sunpaw
8 / 20 HP (-5 HP)
35 / 60 EP (-10 EP)

Cloudjumper
20 / 30 HP
70 / 80 EP

Last edited by chicago on Sun 11 Aug 2024 - 21:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptySun 11 Aug 2024 - 21:50

The member 'chicago' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

overcast [c] Mistpe10
overcast [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] EmptyMon 12 Aug 2024 - 15:55

Sunpaw's snark and overdramatic commentary made Cloudjumper laugh. It felt good to spend time with her sister, why hadn't she spent more time with her siblings when she'd still been an apprentice, herself? That would definitely have to change going forward.

Sunpaw tried to get under her, probably attempting to go for her belly, and Cloudjumper gently smacked her with a paw as they untangled themselves.

"Risky... Good try." She flashed a grin at her sister. "Is that all you have, Sunpaw?" She couldn't help but tease a little, "I've hardly broken a sweat..."

Cloudjumper used Claw for -5 ep, dealing -8 damage.

Cloudjumper

20 / 30 hp
65 / 80 ep (70 - 5)

Sunpaw KO pending
0 / 20 hp (8 - 8)
35 / 60 ep

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T3 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneybeeSkC
T1 Warrior
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T4 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

overcast [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: overcast [c]   overcast [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

overcast [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp-
Jump to: