Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2414

Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Empty
PostSubject: Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c]   Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] EmptyWed 5 Jun 2024 - 19:49

LILYVALLEY
If we did what was easy
This might have been the last hunting patrol Lilyvalley would go on before the birth of her kits. To be spending that with the grumpiest tom in the Clan....

Lilyvalley felt like she would rather be with Nettleweaver right now.

While Silverhawk had a bit of a silver tongue, it wasn't one she felt like keeping up with. So Lilyvalley just stayed silent, and prayed he would as well.

She spotted a vole coming out of hiding, and immediately went to pounce. Carrying the rodent in her jaws, she padded, reluctantly, back to Silverhawk.

She was sure he would find something wrong with her form, or make some other comment. She just knew this tom would be a headache for her.

Lilyvalley has caught a vole. -2 EP
158/160 EP
Then there wouldn't be anything to live for.
ShadowClan • T4 Warrior • She/Her • #6e174c
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Sfr52Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Sfr5bWhy Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Sfr5LWhy Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Sfr5KWhy Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] SfPQh
Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] SYgf1
Art by Copper

Last edited by Karuna on Wed 5 Jun 2024 - 19:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15439

PostSubject: Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c]   Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] EmptyWed 5 Jun 2024 - 19:49

The member 'Karuna' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Mistpe10
Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c]   Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 7:41

SILVERHAWK
The darker the weather...

Silverhawk did not like interacting with queens. Anything to do with the nursery left him feeling agitated and uneasy, and they were no exception. Silverhawk did his best to avoid them and their kits and their foul den as often as he could. But sometimes... there was nothing to be done. Sometimes he was forced on a patrol with ShadowClan's newest expectant, who'd obnoxiously declared her frivolous moon at the last Clan meeting. Silverhawk dutifully avoided Lilyvalley since. It did not help that he didn't like her. He regarded her with the same respect one would a broken-winged bird, but she frightened him, too. She often saw between his twisting words, or at least saw enough to know there was a between to see, and that disconcerted him. She wasn't subtle about her dislike of him, either. Silverhawk could practically taste the reluctance that rolled off of Lilyvalley, the bitterness. At least the sentiment was mutual.

Silverhawk watched her pad off, tail waving. It was a wonder she managed to catch anything between her leg, her jaw, and the burden of growing lives. “Congratulations,” he called, voice sweet. “I didn't think queens were meant to be out hunting. Perhaps you're the exception.” He spared her the addition or lame cats. Not that he felt particularly nice—he was just terribly disinterested in her frustration boiling any further. He wasn't in the mood for it today.

With a whisk of his tail, Silverhawk turned away and stalked off for himself. He'd heard a frog while he'd been watching Lilyvalley, and he intended to kill it. Once he heard it again he dropped into a low crouch and trailed its scent, the sound of its periodic calls. It wasn't long before he laid eyes on it. He held his breath, wiggled his haunches, and sprang--just as something else descended for the kill, as well. Large talons dug into either side of his ribs and the owl let out a shrill cry of surprise at the catch it landed. Immediately, Silverhawk wiggled in its grip, reaching around to claw at whatever he could until he felt blood, saw feathers fluttering down past his face and heard the squawks of alarm turn into those of pain. When he was released, he scrambled back, hissing under his breath at the way his sides now stung. "Don't mind me," he called without bothering to look for Lilyvalley, "I can handle this myself. Wouldn't want you stressing the kits, now."

Silverhawk attempted to catch a frog... and summoned on Owl! -2 EP.
Owl used Swoop, dealing 9 damage and costing 15 EP.
Silverhawk used Claw, dealing 9 damage and costing 5 EP.

Silverhawk

51/60 (-9) HP
153/160 (-2, -5) EP

Owl
21/30 (-9) HP
75/90 (-15) EP
...the better the man.
ShadowClan • T4 Warrior • he/him • #845D56
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Thu 6 Jun 2024 - 7:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c]   Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 7:42

and down remembered to roll the dice...

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c]   Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 7:42

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2414

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c]   Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 20:09

LILYVALLEY
If we did what was easy
Lilyvalley snorted at Silverhawk's comment. "I'm pregnant, not useless. And I'm still a warrior, mind you. I haven't retired to the nursery just yet. I plan to provide for this Clan until my legs give out from under me." Although that didn't feel very far off, at this rate.

The tom stalked off after what she had assumed to be prey, and she had to fight not to laugh as he ended up brawling against an owl.

"Oh, yes, I see you're handling that so well. I have to say, I'm proud of you. Going above and beyond to catch the largest prey. I'm sure that would feed a lot of cats in the Clan."

Even still, after letting the tom suffer for a bit, Lilyvalley did eventually charge at the owl. She didn't trust Silverhawk to not find a way to mess it up.

"I think the kits can handle a little excitement. And I'm pretty experienced when it comes to owls. Don't want you to hurt that pretty pelt of yours."

Lilyvalley used Claw, dealing 9 damage (+3 due to surprise attack) and costing 5 endurance.

Lilyvalley
60/60 HP
153/160 EP

Silverhawk
51/60 HP
153/160 SP

Owl
9/30 HP
75/90 EP
Then there wouldn't be anything to live for.
ShadowClan • T4 Warrior • She/Her • #6e174c

Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Sfr52Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Sfr5bWhy Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Sfr5LWhy Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Sfr5KWhy Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] SfPQh
Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] SYgf1
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c]   Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] EmptyTue 2 Jul 2024 - 8:10

SILVERHAWK
The darker the weather...

Silverhawk’s ears burned at Lilyvalley’s comments. What--did she think he couldn’t handle the owl himself? So what if it had grabbed him and nearly hauled him off the ground in its first plunge! His tail lashed furiously and he had to fight to swallow down a vicious snap demanding she stay back and watch him. He could kill the cursed bird himself just to show her how many cats it’d feed. But, after letting him wrestle with the bird for a bit, she came rushing in. Silverhawk’s lip curled, but he reminded himself the owl was his opponent, not Lilyvalley.

”Far prettier than yours,” he sniped, voice still light with song. The owl beat its wings to escape the assault, then immediately came back down, raking its claws at Lilyvalley’s shoulders. Silverhawk used its own attack against it, taking its low altitude as his opportunity to spring forward and bring it to the ground. His teeth sank into its neck as he collided with it, and he and the bird went for a brief roll, one that Silverhawk quickly came out on top of. The owl squawked weakly, but with a shake of Silverhawk’s head, he cut its life short.

After a puff, Silverhawk spat the feathers out of his mouth and looked back over his shoulder. "What was that about feeding the Clan?" He grinned smugly back at Lilyvalley. ”Oh, and thanks for all your help. Clearly," he gestured to the bird, which he'd done most of the work on, "I must have needed it." His tail flagged in a single lash before he turned and stalked away again. He was determined to actually find something on this outing.

But luck would not be on his side. As he ranged further from Lilyvalley, a strange chittering caught his attention, and it wasn't long before he laid eyes on a raccoon. Silverhawk groaned and considered leaving it to its own devices, but his frustrated claws itched to draw blood. Besides, it wouldn't do well to let it linger on the territory. He crouched down between a patch of ferns, watching it for a moment to be sure it was unaware of his presence, and then he sprang. The raccoon whirled and hissed violently, lashing out to drag its claws harshly under his muzzle as it tried to struggle away from his gripping claws.

Owl used Talon Strike on Lilyvalley, dealing 5 damage and costing 10 EP.
Silverhawk used Bite, dealing 12 damage and costing 5 EP. Owl is KO'd!

Silverhawk

51/60 HP
148/160 (-5) EP

Owl
-3/30 (-12) HP
65/90 (-10) EP

Lilyvalley
55/60 (-5) HP
153/160 EP

Silverhawk attempted to catch a frog... and summoned a raccoon! e.e -2 EP.
Silverhawk used Claw + Surprise Attack, dealing 15 damage and costing 15 EP.

Silverhawk

51/60 HP
131/160 (-2, -15) EP

Raccoon
5/20 (-15) HP
110/120 (-10) EP
...the better the man.
ShadowClan • T4 Warrior • he/him • #845D56

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Tue 2 Jul 2024 - 8:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c]   Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] EmptyTue 2 Jul 2024 - 8:10

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c]   Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Do We Do This To Ourselves [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: