Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I’ll Try (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue), Mistypaw (SkC), Minkpaw (TC)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T3 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T5 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue. Mistypaw: SkyClan Apprentice. Minkpaw: ThunderClan Apprentice.
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2664

I’ll Try (c) Empty
PostSubject: I’ll Try (c)   I’ll Try (c) EmptyFri 24 May 2024 - 8:57

Sunflare’s heart pounded as he approached the leader’s den. He was about to do possibly the bravest or stupidest thing of his life.

“Leopardstar? We, um, we need to talk. I… I need to apologize. I have recently come to recognize that I spent my youth in ways that were unwise and unkind. I was taught by my mother that what mattered in life was getting what you wanted, and that other cats were merely tools, a means to an end. Tawnyshadow taught me the truth, and I need to come clean and start over. I won’t share what it was, but a long time ago Batswarm confided a secret in me… and I used that knowledge to threaten him into siding with me in a political matter. I do not ask for your forgiveness, I understand that it is yours to give or not to give. But I’m trying to be someone better and I can’t build my new life with old lies still buried.”
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6178

I’ll Try (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: I’ll Try (c)   I’ll Try (c) EmptyFri 24 May 2024 - 10:07

i've given up on counting blessings
Leopardstar was rarely in or around the leader's den, though Sunflare managed to catch her during a rare moment where she was attending to something within it and she waved him in with her tail, listening as he spoke. Anger burned in her on impulse, but she took a deep breath and forced herself to calm; yes, he had blackmailed her son, but she was the one who had gone and gotten him killed on the battlefield for the sake of ego. "I can't say I'm pleased to hear this news," she frowned, in part at the specifics and in part at remembering her son's ultimate fate. "But I will say that it means something that you acknowledge what happened was wrong. The only cat who could truly pass judgment on you no longer walks with us, through no fault of your own, and I see no reason to seek vengeance on his behalf."

A softer expression crossed her face.

"I truly believe that all we can do, in the end, is try to be better than we were. It's an admirable goal."
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue), Mistypaw (SkC), Minkpaw (TC)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T3 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T5 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue. Mistypaw: SkyClan Apprentice. Minkpaw: ThunderClan Apprentice.
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2664

I’ll Try (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: I’ll Try (c)   I’ll Try (c) EmptyFri 24 May 2024 - 10:14

“Thank you, Leopardstar,” he mewed, nodding respectfully. “And for what it’s worth, you’re doing a good job as leader, and I’m sorry for the loss of your mate. I… know how that feels now.”
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6178

I’ll Try (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: I’ll Try (c)   I’ll Try (c) EmptyMon 17 Jun 2024 - 13:22

i've given up on counting blessings
Leopardstar shrugged, unsure of what else she could say. Whether there was a right thing or a wrong thing. "I've made my share of mistakes and then some. But that pain of loss... It isn't something I would wish on anyone. Even when it's familiar, it only aches instead of stinging quite so sharply."

She sighed, stretching and rising to her paws. "But with time you learn to live with the grief, and you keep moving forward to meet each new day. I lost sight of how to do that, for a time, but I'm trying to find it again. There was a time I knew it like my own four paws."

Then, observing his stance, recalling his awkward words, she felt she couldn't leave him just with that. "You're too young to remember the Dark Forest, but they walked the forest when I was born. There were no stars in the sky, not until I was just barely a warrrior; and for their return, the stars demanded sacrifice. My mother and father, the ones who raised me as their own, were among those who gave their lives--we didn't know, not until later, that they had a choice."

The memory was vivid and hazy at the same time, half-repressed and yet painfully clear. "I fought recklessly that night, against the last stand of the dead. And when everything was said and done, some tried to offer comfort--assuring me that they now walked with StarClan. I couldn't have cared less in that moment. They were at peace in death, perhaps; but I was alive, heartbroken, left to pick up the pieces they left. To explain their absence to my younger sister."

Would it kill you, to focus on the living?

"Do not forget those you have known and loved, and those that have loved you. But we must always move forward, and remember that there are still those around us; the dead are at peace, so let us focus on the living who are left behind."

Let the dead mind their own affairs, she thought but did not say.

"All this to say... You will find peace, with time."
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I’ll Try (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: I’ll Try (c)   I’ll Try (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

I’ll Try (c)
Page 1 of 1