Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

undertow [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2650

undertow [C] Empty
PostSubject: undertow [C]   undertow [C] EmptyThu 23 May 2024 - 14:36

ROOKFLIGHT
I would rather stay in bed, but...

Little could capture Rookflight’s attention through the regrowth of their kithood haze--except the state of their friends. The recent deputy ceremony had done some work to break the stupor before it could grasp them fully. They were conscious of both Cindersky, whose grief was as fierce as theirs and who now had new responsibilities to uphold, and of Willowwisp. Of her, they’d been mindful of from the beginning. The mother she lost was of blood; in a way, Rookflight felt selfish for grieving as intensely as her. But they knew she was grateful just to have them and Sunpool by her side. But another matter concerned them as well. They’d seen her turned away from the celebrations at Cindersky’s ceremony. Upset wasn’t written on her face, but Rookflight knew her well enough to see it. It bothered them.

They asked Cindersky to assign them to a patrol together so they could talk. It was late in the afternoon when Rookflight and Willowwisp set out into the territory. Admittedly, it felt good to get out of camp and stretch their legs some. They’d been spending too much time wallowing as of late. Activity helped to keep the grief at bay. They walked in silence for a good while until Rookflight slowed his steps to walk shoulder-to-shoulder with Willowwisp rather than slightly ahead. He even allowed their shoulders to brush as he settled into step. ”Willowwisp,” he mewed gently, ”how are you feeling about Cindersky? I saw you were not very pleased at the ceremony.” His tail rose to gently tap against Willowwisp’s flank. ”I know things are… difficult right now. What I mean to ask is if you are alright.” Rookflight shook their head and looked away. ”I know that is a sorry question to ask. Few cats are alright right now. I hope you understand my meaning.”
...I know there's a reason I'm alive.
RiverClan • T4 Warrior • they/he • #6082B6
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3038

undertow [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: undertow [C]   undertow [C] EmptyThu 30 May 2024 - 13:59

WILLOWWISP
A constant uphill run...

The initial feelings she felt towards Cindersky being named deputy had both cooled and grown in their intensity. She no longer felt the spike of vitriol she had in the moment, but the feelings did not dissipate entirely. They had cooled to a quiet ache in her chest that hurt every time she was left long enough to let her mind wander. She did her best to hide it, especially when she was in Cindersky’s company, but it seemed that Rookflight knew her too well to keep it all hidden for long. Shame briefly washed over her as they walked through the territory, but she kept her expression neutral.

“Cindersky is a—good choice. I am not sure if she was the best choice,” Willowwisp said. It felt like a mean thing to say. It was probably objectively true, there were many warrior more senior than her after all, but it was a sentiment coated in her own envy. She did not want to say her own selfish sentiments aloud. “As for myself I am…I am…managing, I suppose is the best choice of words. It still…hurts…when I think about her.” Her death was so sudden, it was unfair. How could she only have her mother for a year of her life? It was cruel. It was a cruel choice from the stars.
...wrong place, wrong time.
RiverClan • T5 Warrior • She/Her • #6abcde
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/190EP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/190EP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/190EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/190EP
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2650

undertow [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: undertow [C]   undertow [C] EmptySat 1 Jun 2024 - 22:34

ROOKFLIGHT
I would rather stay in bed, but...

Rookflight’s ears twitched. The sentiment that Cindersky was not the best choice for deputy… perhaps it was true, in a sense. There were many warriors her senior. The statement still left a curious feeling in them, even if it was nearly objective. It was stained with something that made their whiskers twitch, too. Rookflight let her finish speaking before nodding and returning his attention to Willowwisp. ”I know,” he said softly. ”It still hurts me as well. It is… it is unfair. StarClan has been harsh to us lately.” His tail did not quite lash, but it jerked to the side in a display of emotion that was becoming more frequent. Rookflight shook his head and went on, ”But… the pain will ebb with time. We will be there for each other in the meantime.”

When he retracted from her side (though he still remained close enough for their pelts to brush), Rookflight fixed Willowwisp a little more squarely under his gaze. For a few moments, he just looked at her, silently assessing his words before he spoke them. Then he said, ”Why do you think that of Cindersky?” His head tilted slightly to the side. ”You are free to speak your mind with me, Willowwisp. You do not have to spare my or her feelings because we are friends.” His tail brushed her flank again, the touch lingering a little longer this time. ”You do not have to hide yourself from me, either. It is okay to feel… I am not sure the word. But it is okay to feel.”
...I know there's a reason I'm alive.
RiverClan • T4 Warrior • they/he • #6082B6

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6