Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

rubik's cube [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xsnap
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyCla T1 Warrior
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2853

rubik's cube [C] Empty
PostSubject: rubik's cube [C]   rubik's cube [C] EmptyWed 22 May 2024 - 16:21

ROOKFLIGHT
I would rather stay in bed, but...

It felt almost cruel, that Oleanderpaw would be named just days before Perchstar’s passing. Rookflight had only taken him on a cursory walk of the territory before then, and in the week following… Suffice to say he’d been a poor mentor. But he berated himself until he was able to get to his paws. It was easy to find Oleanderpaw after slipping out of the warrior’s den, and even easier to get him to agree to a patrol. So it was that Rookflight led the way through the territory in silence. They were rarely one for idle conversation, and especially not now, with their mind clouded with so many other things. It was only when they reached the river that Rookflight broke their imposed silence, turning to their apprentice and mewing, ”Oleanderpaw. Would you like to learn how to hunt?”
...I know there's a reason I'm alive.
RiverClan • T4 Warrior • they/he • #6082B6
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxsnapSkyClan
T1 Warrior
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Characters : [B]oartusk, [Spi]derdance, [O]leanderpaw, [Ser]pentkit
Clan/Rank : [B] Shadowclan T3 Warrior, [Spi] Windclan T3 Warrior, [O] Riverclan Apprentice, [Ser] Thunderclan Unborn Kit
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 638

rubik's cube [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubik's cube [C]   rubik's cube [C] EmptyThu 30 May 2024 - 12:18

"You are alone in your grief because you choose to be"
Oleanderpaw
Apprentice | RiverClan | He/Him

Oleanderpaw rarely wanted to leave his nest anymore. He wasn't close to Perchstar, he never even got the chance to be, but it that wasn't really the problem. It was the rampant death in general. So many of their ranks had been smuggled away to join the stars, and the small stretch without death only made Perchstar's hit harder. It seemed like Starclan was deliberately trying to hobble them. First taking queens and kits, then their medicine cat, now their leader. Had they done something wrong? Who was going to die next? His whole life he had seen cats drop around him, maybe it wouldn't stop.

However, life still went on. He was alive, Twilightpaw was still alive, there were still cats who needed to be fed, so he got up anyway. He did what chores he could in camp, offering extra paws wherever they were needed. Though, when Rookflight finally offered to take him out again, Oleanderpaw didn't hesitate to agree. He could be way more helpful and keep his mind busier if he could learn some actual skills.

He followed his mentor silently, unbothered by the quiet. It allowed him to focus on the landscape, memorizing little landmarks and hearing the sound of the river as they drew closer until it came into sight.

His green gaze flicked to Rookflight's at the offer to learn to hunt, clear want behind his eyes. He was a little bitter he wasn't able to learn earlier... "Took you long enough to ask." He huffed, a strange half laugh as the joke slid awkwardly off his tongue. Maybe he shouldn't tease him for that...

"Yeah, I'd like to." He looked down into the water, already looking for the dark shapes swimming within. They looked swift, but he was confident in his abilities. "What do you have to do?"

discord: MediocreCrisis  | timezone: EST | code (c) kieer

Boartusk | Shadowclan T3 Warrior | #990000
Oleanderpaw | Riverclan Apprentice | #669933
Spiderdance | Windclan T3 Warrior | #0883D4
Serpentkit | Thunderclan Unborn Kit | #703642
Not Depicted
Plotting Page | Art Emporium | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xsnap
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyCla T1 Warrior
Pisces Horse

rubik's cube [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubik's cube [C]   rubik's cube [C] EmptySat 1 Jun 2024 - 7:07

ROOKFLIGHT

Rookflight’s ears twitched. He was not sure if Oleanderpaw’s response was said in jest or if it was an actual expression of bitterness. In some way, the young tom reminded them of Larkspring waiting to become an apprentice, waiting to learn. Rookflight decided not to take offense to the statement and instead responded with a simple nod. ”I know,” they said, a note of apology beneath the usual neutrality of their voice. ”I would have liked to ask sooner. I should not have neglected your training for the sake of nursing my own grief.” Their chest squeezed as they spoke. Stubbornly, they wanted to reject moving on; wanted to reject their apprentice; wanted to return to their nest and curl up and live in their grief forever. But those were habits Rookflight had moved past seasons ago. They would not succumb again, nor would they reject Oleanderpaw. It was not his fault Perchstar’s passing had come just after his ceremony, and he did not need to suffer from the loss more than the Clan already was.

Besides. They were already at the river.

Rookflight nodded again. Their eyes returned to the water and they said, ”Before much else, you must be patient. Fish can be difficult to catch when you are learning--they can be difficult even for experienced warriors, sometimes. They are slippery and quick. You must not lose your temper nor your nerve.” His legs folded under him so Rookflight could crouch closer to the water’s surface. Familiar dark shapes skated by just beneath the ripples. In a whisper, he went on, ”You must be quiet, as well. The fish are sensitive. Be careful not to let your shadow fall over the water, if you can help it. Then it is just a matter of waiting...” His paw suddenly flashed out, reaching beneath the water. His claws hooked between scales, missing the gills, but the puncture was enough to fix the fish to his grip. "...and striking." Rookflight pulled the fish out onto the bank and delivered a quick bite to the back of its neck to keep it from flopping too much. "Pierce and grab with your claws. You must be quick about it--as I mentioned, they move fast. The fish may need a moment to settle now, but when they calm, you try."

Rookflight attempted to catch a fish... Catch successful! -3 EP.
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Last edited by downfive on Sat 1 Jun 2024 - 16:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15468

rubik's cube [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubik's cube [C]   rubik's cube [C] EmptySat 1 Jun 2024 - 7:07

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

rubik's cube [C] Mistpe10
rubik's cube [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Characters : [B]oartusk, [Spi]derdance, [O]leanderpaw, [Ser]pentkit
Clan/Rank : [B] Shadowclan T3 Warrior, [Spi] Windclan T3 Warrior, [O] Riverclan Apprentice, [Ser] Thunderclan Unborn Kit
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 638

rubik's cube [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubik's cube [C]   rubik's cube [C] EmptySat 8 Jun 2024 - 21:52

"You are alone in your grief because you choose to be"
Oleanderpaw
Apprentice | RiverClan | He/Him

Oleanderpaw gave a small nod of acceptance to his mentor's apology. He understood, no stranger to how grief affected a cat. If he didn't name every single reason he could to get out of his nest every day, he doubted he would have the motivation to train either, and he had his whole kithood to work through his grief. Rookflight only had a week or so. He understood... so why was he still upset?

He swallowed down his emotions, instead focusing on the water's edge as Rookflight explained fishing to him. His green gaze flicked over the darker cat, taking small mental notes on their form and their actions as they sat patiently. Rookflight made it all look so easy despite their words of warning, never breaking from their calm demeanor as they caught a fish below with a swipe of their claws. He could do that... probably.

"Alright..." He whispered softly, his gaze turning back to the water. The fish had scattered in a flurry of scales and ripples, so the young tom sat in wait for them to return. He watched for a minute... then another and another, time seeming to crawl now that it was his turn. The tip of his tail tapped the ground behind him impatiently. Eventually, some fish began to wander back into range.

One swam close too close to the edge, giving the apprentice the perfect opportunity to strike. His paw splashed into the water, his claws hooking the small fish's gills and flinging it onto the shore. He pinned it with a paw, quickly dispatching it before it could somehow wriggle its way back into the water. He did it! He glanced to his mentor for validation, the limp fish still in his jaws.

Oleanderpaw attempted to catch a fish. He was... sucessful! -3 EP

discord: MediocreCrisis  | timezone: EST | code (c) kieer

Boartusk | Shadowclan T3 Warrior | #990000
Oleanderpaw | Riverclan Apprentice | #669933
Spiderdance | Windclan T3 Warrior | #0883D4
Serpentkit | Thunderclan Unborn Kit | #703642
Not Depicted
Plotting Page | Art Emporium | Character Profiles

Last edited by MediocreCrisis on Sat 8 Jun 2024 - 21:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15468

rubik's cube [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubik's cube [C]   rubik's cube [C] EmptySat 8 Jun 2024 - 21:52

The member 'MediocreCrisis' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

rubik's cube [C] Mistpe10
rubik's cube [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

rubik's cube [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubik's cube [C]   rubik's cube [C] EmptyTue 2 Jul 2024 - 8:29

ROOKFLIGHT

Rookflight watched Oleanderpaw carefully as he settled down by the water. Their head bobbed in a soft nod to commend his him waiting for the fish to settle. Even though his tail fluttered with impatience, he remained still otherwise, and the motion was not enough to disturb the fish waiting below. Rookflight had seen other apprentices struggle with accepting the simple stillness and quiet of fishing. It was not something they’d personally found difficult with, though, and it seemed Oleanderpaw could accept it as well. That was good.

Before long, the fish returned near enough to the surface to sight. Then Oleanderpaw was striking out. His form was not perfect, but he remained balanced and was quick in his lash. He was doing good. In mere seconds, he’d pulled a silvery body from the water and snapped it up just as quickly between his teeth. Rookflight stood a little straight and the end of their tail curled upward. Much of their expression remained unshifting, but their eyes betrayed the pride they felt.

”Good job, Oleanderpaw,” they said with a respectful dip of their head. ”To catch a fish on your very first try is worth commending. I am proud of you.” Rookflight gestured for him to set the fish down before leaning over the water again. ”Let us continue. We will practice until this feels natural to you, though you are already doing well.” When the waters stilled again, Rookflight patiently waited for the right opportunity to strike before hauling yet another fish out of the depths. After biting its neck and delivering it up to their growing pile, they returned to Oleanderpaw's side and turned on him with a squint, their version of a smile. "I hope our good luck continues."

Rookflight attempted to catch a fish... attempt successful! -2 EP.

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6