Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Teeter-Tottering [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sprout

sprout

Characters : alive: Scrufflewump (Loner), Asterkit [SkC], Cedarkit [SC], Wisteriakit [RC] deceased: [M]innowstar [TC], Frogkit [WC], [F]lurrypaw [TC], [D]aisypaw [WC]
Taurus Pig
Number of posts : 415

Teeter-Tottering [c] Empty
PostSubject: Teeter-Tottering [c]   Teeter-Tottering [c] EmptyThu 16 May 2024 - 21:11

Teeter-Tottering [c] Scruff12
Scrufflewump

A trampled tabby stared unblinking into the sun, letting out a sudden shuddering sneeze. It shook his body and the elderly cat nearly teetered off the fence. From the spot he had managed to leap up to, Scruff peered into the area in front of him. Though he couldn't really be sure, he was quite certain that it was a forest. The blur of green in his eyes seemed too vast to be real. "I ain'ever seen a park this big.." he mumbled, remembering the smaller green area where housefolk often brought their dogs.

The journey he'd made from the other twoleg place several days' walk away had been rigorous and had tested the strength of his old body, but the tom had yet to find a place he could rest at ease. Perhaps this was it! Putting a cautious nose to the air, he sniffed for any dangers. A strange scent, feline but not the same kind he'd found in the alleyways, was strongly marked near the foliage. Scruff leaned forward to get a better whiff of the scent and discovered that there was no more fence in front of him. "Oh, dear heavens!" he cried, scrambling to put his paws forward only to fall flat onto his face on the grass below.

(OOC: this is the fence bordering Skyclan territory)
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 3093

PostSubject: Re: Teeter-Tottering [c]   Teeter-Tottering [c] EmptySat 18 May 2024 - 19:17

Stormwatcher was out on patrol - he had ignored Wolfstars orders about going out alone because his sister couldnt stop him. Rules didnt exactly mean a lot to him - especially after the war.

The war had also left him so on edge about everything in general so when he heard a thud and someone talking he hissed to himself and stalked forward on full alert.

His heart pounded in his chest perhaps this was another riverclan attack or something he suspected.

He leapt out at the sound of the noise claws already drawn and the big tom looking feral as ever.

"what in stars!?? he meowed looking at what appeared to be an elder who had fallen off a twoleg barrier into the ground below

"erm huh?" he stood there mostly dumbfounded for a second unsure what was going on - this cat didnt smell of riverclan!? - or really of any clan.

"who are you!?" he meowed impatiently "what do you want this is skyclan land"

He was not going to attack right away because the previous deputy Honey had told him to ask questions before just attacking loners and he felt a little bad that this cat just fell off some barrier.

sprout

Characters : alive: Scrufflewump (Loner), Asterkit [SkC], Cedarkit [SC], Wisteriakit [RC] deceased: [M]innowstar [TC], Frogkit [WC], [F]lurrypaw [TC], [D]aisypaw [WC]
Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: Teeter-Tottering [c]   Teeter-Tottering [c] EmptySun 19 May 2024 - 4:06

Scrufflewump

Scruff's joints weren't audibly creaking but he was sure they popped when he straightened back up into a sitting position. Scruff swiped a paw over his face to clean off some dirt. The soft sound of a cat pouncing in front of him and the strong scent alerted him of another cat's presence. "What in stars!??" A yowl came from a foreign voice followed by several other questions. There were a few words he hadn't quite catched, but the elderly tom did his best to answer them all. After all, friendliness was almost always well accepted... from his experience.

"Oh hello there, dear! I don't know meself wha's in the stars but it sure ain' you and I..." he chuckled, offering a toothy smile.

"M'name's Scruff, child. Now, I've had quite the long walk to get 'ta where I am now, see here." he continued,

"You don't reckon 'ta know where'd to find a good place to rest, do you? My bones ha'been scolding me an' telling me to lay down soon but I don' feel the safest sleepin' under those roarin' boxes."

Again the loner felt the need to lean forward and squint to make out the form in front of him. The cat with the fierce yowl took on the shape of a burly dark brown blob of color. "Quite the large tom, are ya? Your mother must be proud." he commented, the blank look in his eyes taking on something of fatherly warmth.

Teeter-Tottering [c] 429f26ef443cbe2547f22c67e6714a3b

hiya, im sprout! feel free to pm me here or on discord for a topic  Smile
Teeter-Tottering [c] Scruff11
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Teeter-Tottering [c]   Teeter-Tottering [c] EmptySun 19 May 2024 - 8:35

Stormwatcher blinked looking over this stranger very closely with a suspicious glance. hmm this old tom did not seem to be of any trouble per say but he had always been a bit suspecting of strangers when first meeting them.

"you sure do talk funny" he meowed finally - for stormwatcher that was as nice a greeting as anyone could hope to get.

He sniffed at the loner and tilted his head he appeared to be elder age but was clearly no clan elder.

His ears flicked a bit at the mention of his mum - she died when he was very young he barely remembered her and it was a sensitive area for him.

He was sure if she was watching from the stars she would expect him to offer him shelter at least till they figured out where he could go or move to.

"erm right. Listen here mr Scruff, this forest is dangerous with the clans and all. If you do not know where you are headed you shouldn't really be out just for fun." he meowed laying his ears flat against his head.

"but seeing as how I am supposed to get along with and ask loners questions before sending them away I guess I should do that."

Honey had told him to do this before she died and he would try and honor her memory - but what did she even want him to ask? Who knew -

"I can take you to our leader if you want - she can decide what to do with you. But I warn you in advance some of my clanmates may be less than thrilled about a newcommer"

That seemed reasonable enough the big floofy tom thought to himself as he curiously awaited to see what the older cat would think of all that

sprout

Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: Teeter-Tottering [c]   Teeter-Tottering [c] EmptyMon 20 May 2024 - 4:14

Scrufflewump

Scruff accepted the comment with an amused shrug. Plenty moons of experience had knocked some sense into him quite literally, resulting in the loss of quite a few number of teeth. The loner's tail flicked quietly, wrapping around his haunches as he listened to the other tom speak. Those are some puzzlin' words.. he thought.

"I can take you to our leader if you want - she can decide what to do with you. But I warn you in advance some of my clanmates may be less than thrilled about a newcomer..."

"This erm, clan... you keep mentioning. 'It like a ...gang? If it ain' so welcoming to outsiders such as me, I on' wanna raise yer hackles anymore than I have ta. It just ain' right! Bargin' in like a pack o' dogs." he stammered, "I on' wanna be rude an' the like." Though he needed a place to sleep, another night out couldn't be so bad. He'd just have to make sure not to stray too close to the more hostile felines. Then again, maybe the leader of this gang would be alright...

"Would you mind tellin' me a bit more 'bout this leader of yours?"

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Teeter-Tottering [c]   Teeter-Tottering [c] EmptyWed 5 Jun 2024 - 18:57

At this point Stormwatcher had actually let his guard down a bit more. This cat was basically an elder and was certainly not the danger he had originally thought they were.

He lowered the fur along his back and tilted his head ---

It took him a good minute to process what in stars the old man had just said.

"Hmm Wolfstar?? You wanna know more about her?"

He hummed a bit thinking of the right way to describe his older (adoptive) sister

She had gotten him to become something instead of just lazing around camp all day now he was actually a good warrior of the clan and actually tried she made him do things he didnt wanna do which in the short term was a major pain in the tail but long term he deep down knew it was for his own good that she was doing all that.

"she's ... a piece of work at times" he muttered under his breath

"but she is fair and a good leader at the end of the day"

sprout

Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: Teeter-Tottering [c]   Teeter-Tottering [c] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 3:00

Scrufflewump

Suddenly the tom jumped up, fur raised, back arching. "Wolf?! Where?" the tom shrunk impossibly smaller, head whipping about in search of the potential threat. Realizing the younger cat had been talking about their leader, Scruff flopped back down onto the ground with one paw pressed to his chest.

"Phew, you can't just scare yer elders like tha' m'dear! It ain' good for me ol' heart!" he puffed, relieved it had been a false alarm. "A good leader you say? 'Haps I'll go with ya. Just lemme' catch me breath for a moment."

After another heartbeat or so, the elderly tom sprung up with an unexplainable burst of energy. "Alright, time ta go! I'm ready." Staring at the other tom expectantly, he added, "Well what'r you waitin' fer? The sun ain' gunna wait for us!" Bounding right into the forest, the tom just narrowly avoided running straight into a tree and kept going.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teeter-Tottering [c]   Teeter-Tottering [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Teeter-Tottering [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Twolegplace-