Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

⭐ One for the money [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Middy

Middy

Characters : Currently Inactive :(
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 2009

⭐ One for the money [C] Empty
PostSubject: ⭐ One for the money [C]   ⭐ One for the money [C] EmptyThu 16 May 2024 - 13:14

Quickkit

Windclan • Kit • ♀ • 10 [hp] | 30 [sp] • #B0C4DE

"And-a one, and-a two, and-a three, and-a four!

Marching in beat to her counting, Quickkit paced back and forth in front of the nursery with the least threatening serious face on anyone ever. Her tiny, gangly limbs made it seem all the more endearing as she tried to take long steps to cover more ground. Quickkit was on duty, but for what?

"On patrol, on patrol! Future warrior on patrol!~" she sang out with gusto. Ah, yes, she was apparently on patrol. After overhearing some warriors explain the concept of patrolling to keep the clan safe, Quickkit's intrigue awoke. Since she couldn't leave the camp yet, she decided to settle on the next best thing. 

Quickkit was determined to keep her fellow denmates all safe and sound! In fact, she was so determined that she might even start patrolling the whole camp! The camp would truly be safe in her paws. 

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App
Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: ⭐ One for the money [C]   ⭐ One for the money [C] EmptyThu 16 May 2024 - 13:31

Nectarflower

Nectarflower lifted her head groggily, green eyes bleary as she slowly woke up to a tiny voice. She blinked a few times and focused sleepily on the small kit marching around the nursery. A smile quickly warmed Nectarflower's face and she watched affectionately as Quickkit 'patrolled' the den. Kits always got up to the silliest antics - it was so endearing. She missed having her own kits to watch after, but Tigerstar's latest liter of nine was doing a fine job of keeping her paws full.

The tortoiseshell she-cat purred as Quickkit padded back and forth across the den and tipped her head to the side curiously. "Whatcha doin' there Quickkit?" She glanced around furtively and lowered her voice. "Keeping us all safe I bet, right?" She'd never been big on patrolling - even as an apprentice - but it was cute that Quickkit was so diligent already. At her age, Nectarflower had been more concerned with making pretty little bundles of flowers.

[Firetreader] T1 SkC Warrior
[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: ⭐ One for the money [C]   ⭐ One for the money [C] EmptyThu 16 May 2024 - 14:23

Quickkit

Startling at the sudden voice, Quickkit whirled around and then grinned. "Hiya Nectarflower!" she greeted the tortoiseshell before flinching as she realized that the queen was still a bit groggy.

"I woke you up, didn't I? Sorry." She apologized sheepishly. Nectarflower has been a constant in the nursery for as long as she can remember. She was practically family, like an auntie; well, at least she thought so. She really liked the older she-cat. She had such a kind face and a sweet demeanor.

She quickly recovered her previous enthusiasm and, with a softer voice, stated, "You betcha! The nursery is in great paws! I'm patrolling just like the warriors do, so don't you worry!"

The scrawny she-kit started up her marching again but had most of her attention on Nectarflower. "Say, how many patrols did you go on? Were they like this, or were they really different?

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App

PostSubject: Re: ⭐ One for the money [C]   ⭐ One for the money [C] EmptyThu 16 May 2024 - 14:50

Nectarflower

Nectarflower's gaze softened, and she shook her head. She'd just been tired from the morning's many antics and exercises. She'd been trying to stretch her leg and keep herself in shape while it healed, but it took a lot more energy than she'd expected. Her shoulder hurt less, but the bone wasn't fully healed and likely never would be. Regardless, there wasn't any reason for Quickkit to apologize - it was probably about time she got up anyway. "Don't worry about it sweetheart, I was just taking a little nap." Well, it was sunhigh now - so more than a little nap.

The young queen smiled, her heart warming at Quickkit's words. The little she-kit would certainly be a good warrior, but kithood was all about fun - Quickkit should be more concerned with when the next game of mossball would start. However, the kit's question made Nectarflower forget all about instigating a game. Her patrols? Great StarClan - she'd been on a lot. She'd even led her fair share of patrols before she retired to the nursery. "Oh, more patrols than I could count." She meowed wistfully. "Each one was a little different from the last. Some were even dangerous - but I would do it all again to keep WindClan and you little ones safe."

[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: ⭐ One for the money [C]   ⭐ One for the money [C] EmptyThu 16 May 2024 - 19:42

Quickkit

Quickkit's eyes sparkled as she listened to the queen. She's so cool! So brave, great, and awesome, and- 

"I didn't know you were this cool, Nectarflower!" "Patrol" instantly forgotten, little Quickkit hurried up to the tortoiseshell, but before she could reach her, the kit realized her previous exclamation and sputtered. It hadn't come out how she had wanted it to.

"I-I mean, I've always thought you were cool, but this is cool cool, ya know? Like, you're so nice but so brave, a-and I wanna be like that!"

The young kit sat down in front of the molly and looked at her with big eyes. "Can you pleeease tell me about one of your adventures?"

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: ⭐ One for the money [C]   ⭐ One for the money [C] EmptyMon 20 May 2024 - 16:15

Nectarflower

Nectarflower purred in amusement, green eyes glittering. Quickkit was a big bundle of energy, wasn't she? "It's alright, I know it can't seem too interesting - me living in the nursery - but I was a warrior, once." She smiled brightly at the small kit and carefully leaned down to nuzzle Quickkit. "Nevermind that, I'm sure you'll be a wonderful warrior too." She laughed softly, then, as Quickkit's pleading and let out an exaggerated sigh. 

"Oh, well, I suppose I have an exciting story or two for you." The tortoiseshell molly looked away thoughtfully, tail tip twitching. There were so many stories she could tell the little she-kit, but many of them were a bit...violent. "Let's see, how about the time I had to travel over the mountains and all the way to a faraway lake?" Nectarflower tipped her head to the side curiously. "Though, it's a bit of a long story - think you can handle it?"

[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: ⭐ One for the money [C]   ⭐ One for the money [C] EmptyTue 21 May 2024 - 21:49

Quickkit

Quickkit's ears wiggled in excitement, and her eyes widened in awe. "Wahh?? Over the mountains?! But they're so huuuge!" She needed to hear that story! It sounded so cool.

At Nectarflower's question, she nodded her head eagerly. "I can! I can! I can handle any story! The longer the better cause those are always so fun." She grinned before quickly getting comfy, tucking her paws beneath her and looking at the tortoiseshell queen expectantly. 

"Story time! Story time!" She chanted excitedly. She couldn't even imagine how tough going over mountains would be! Would she ever be able to do something like that? She sure hoped so!

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: ⭐ One for the money [C]   ⭐ One for the money [C] EmptyFri 24 May 2024 - 10:09

Nectarflower

Nectarflower purred a laugh and shifted uncomfortably. Stars, she'd need to get a bigger one if she kept gaining weight like this. Besides, it was probably time to have the moss and heather changed out anyway. Grimacing slightly as pain lanced up her leg, the queen forced a smile that quickly became genuine at the sight of Quickkit eagerly cheering. "Alright, alright." She meowed, amusement clear in her voice. It would probably take several days to tell the whole story, but Quickkit didn't seem to mind as long as she was entertained. 

"Well, it started just before leafbare reached the forest." She began, green eyes staring at something distant as she tried to recount the story in her mind. "Prey began to hide underground, but something else was plaguing the forest too. All of the prey started to vanish and the territories around Fourtrees grew sick. Here in WindClan, though, something else was brewing. Twolegs were on our territory and with them, came dogs." Nectarflower shuddered. Dogs had been a constant threat in her life. 

They had been the beasts that killed her first mate and, more recently, one had been the reason for her retirement and the broken leg that would never quite heal. That, however, was another story. "So eventually, as cats began to starve, the great leaders of the clans came together and decided that in order for the forest to heal, we had to leave." Now that had been a fun realization. "So, we left for the mountains - towards a safe haven StarClan told the medicine cats of." At least, that's how she remembered it happening.

[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: ⭐ One for the money [C]   ⭐ One for the money [C] EmptyThu 30 May 2024 - 20:41

Quickkit

It was only a few seconds into the story when the she-kit became completely enthralled. Prey disappearing? She couldn't even begin to imagine the usually stocked prey-pile near empty or even completely empty. Twolegs? She wasn't too sure what those were, but they must be very, very bad since they brought dogs with them. Speaking of dogs...

Dogs freak her out! Well, what she's heard about them freaks her out. She hasn't seen or met any, thank Starclan, but she's heard soooo many horror stories about those big, growly beasts that she never wants to meet them.

The next part of the story made her eyes nearly pop out of their sockets. Leave their home?? That's crazy! They've lived in their home for, like, ever! She couldn't imagine being forced to leave it all behind. Don't get her wrong, she loves exploring new places, but this is their home. Quickkit loves her home, even if she gets bored of it from time to time.

The mountains. She'd love to see them at least once in her life. She bets there's a lot of cool stuff to see, smell, and even taste! She should ask the queen about them, but first things first...

"Nectarflower? What are twolegs like? They must be really scary to be patrolling with dogs and to kick us out of our home."

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: ⭐ One for the money [C]   ⭐ One for the money [C] EmptyFri 7 Jun 2024 - 20:23

Nectarflower

Nectarflower hummed thoughtfully at Quickkit's question, her ears angled back uncomfortably. She'd kept her distance when the twolegs invaded the moor, but of all the things she'd been told about them, not a single one was good. No cat knew what went on in their minds and, with her limited knowledge of then, she was pretty certain it couldn't be anything good. "Well..." She began, voice soft. "They don't have claws or sharp teeth, but they're crafty. They have these odd tools and beasts they use to make up for it." She grinned playfully and made a silly face. "They hardly even have fur!" It was a miracle they didn't freeze.

"I've never gotten close to them, though. They've been known to steal grown warriors and kits, so it's best to keep our distance." Even if a cat did somehow find their way home, they sometimes returned with parts of themselves missing - like everything that made them a warrior was gone. But enough of that. "I don't fully know why they were on out territory, but they scared all of the prey away and we knew we wouldn't make it through leafbare at that point. But leaving was the easy part. It was the journey to the distant lands that was particularly harsh." Not just that, either, but the sickness that followed too.

[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ⭐ One for the money [C]   ⭐ One for the money [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

⭐ One for the money [C]
Page 1 of 1