Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6856

it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c) Empty
PostSubject: it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c)   it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c) EmptyTue 14 May 2024 - 17:23

In her younger days, Bubblebeam had spent as much time as possible in camp, with her siblings and her friends, enjoying the social atmosphere of the little tree-lined hollow. These days, she spent every waking hour she could manage out in the territory--and as much of that as was reasonable, she spent walking the border. Not the ThunderClan border; the scent of bracken and moss still put her on edge and made her scars itch. Not the RiverClan border; thoughts of Honeydew and the eerie sound of rushing water kept her far away. So that left the border with ShadowClan. Its damp earth beneath her paws and the tall, sheltered forest of pine trees felt far more secluded from the collective misery of camp... and besides, there was always the chance that she might run into a friend. She found it far nicer to linger in the memories of misty nights, a sharp yellow gaze, musky conifer bark, rather than the sour tang of grief when she remembered how many cats she'd lost. Instead of sitting in the den with so many empty nests, instead of nursing her aching shoulder and burying her sorrow in the stifling familiarity of camp, she would far rather sit here and look across the border and wish that a devilish smirk and its accompanying pair of green eyes would suddenly appear and set her heart alight with the strange and fluttery sensation of love. She could not care less that it was not supposed to be hers; she would take whatever she could from this world before it abandoned her, too.

It was late enough that she was the only cat out on the territory. Their numbers had dwindled so harshly that it wasn't too difficult to find an excuse to patrol on her own; no one cared enough these days to chase after her. Besides, dawn and dusk sounded far more appealing now that they carried the tantalizing hint of what they might bring with them. A friend... or even more than a friend. Of course, she might also see someone she'd never met before, or not meet anyone at all. But sitting alone at the border wasn't so bad. The heat of the warm new-leaf day cooled off, stirring her thick fur with a gentle breeze that carried with it the strange and different scents of ShadowClan territory. She'd tired of these deciduous trees... as beautiful as SkyClan's territory was, it carried only tragedy. But would she rather live in the wide and agoraphobic moors and chase rabbits, and chase her dream of keeping her family together? Would she rather take Crookedlight's antithetical suggestion and flee to the peace of Twolegplace? Or... was there a chance her fur would stick to her with cold mud, and she'd only wake at night and never see the sun again, and that the darkness could welcome her? A chance that any swallowed bubble of guilt could wash away, and the word "mine" could be anything other than a wishful thought?

Sitting alone here, it almost felt possible... dangerously so. But she pushed the thought away. Leaving at this point was a foregone conclusion. But... where would she go? Could she leave her family? Could she cling to her siblings in a new place entirely, or ruin her life by claiming what little she could for herself? Could she be so selfish? Could she even live without the ties to her siblings tearing her into shreds? Pale green eyes raised themselves to the sky in a silent plea. Birdsong.... Her distant relative, so far gone in the stars, who'd left her Clan and found peace. Found happiness. She'd wondered at first why StarClan would have such a story to tell her... but it seemed almost obvious, now. A sign maybe. Or a warning. How was she to know which was which? Where was she supposed to go? What was she supposed to do? "Stars," she sighed to herself, staring out at the reddish hues of sunset on the horizon. "How much more of this do I have to take?"

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

PostSubject: Re: it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c)   it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c) EmptyFri 17 May 2024 - 14:53

SILVERHAWK
The darker the weather...
Silverhawk had started to spend much of his time away from camp again. He wasn’t sure what to do with the stagnant grief that hung in the air. There was a strange influx of cats that either died or went missing. Quillsplash and Juniperpaw were lucky enough to return… but others were not so. And the dead certainly wouldn’t rewake from their graves. Silverhawk found it hard to celebrate the returns when, primarily, they were cats they did not care for, and secondarily, when his father figure had recently died. Forestbreeze had always been sickly to moderate degrees of wellness. Silverhawk thought a part of him had always known this would happen; outliving Forestbreeze. But… but...

But he was not upset over it. At least not as upset as he should have been. That vexed Silverhawk more than the actual loss. He knew he would be beside himself if he ever lost Pineblossom; she, now, was grief-wracked over the loss of her mate. Why couldn’t he bring himself to feel grief for his father? Why was it only a bitterness over the disturbance to his routine, the inconvenience of having to juggle other cat’s emotions, that upset him? It was true that Forestbreeze hadn’t been very present in his life. Silverhawk had little time to connect with the cat he could have called father. But still-- there should have been something. He was beginning to think he must have been heartless for the way he thought of his own adoptive father’s passing. And for the way he was overall.

Silverhawk shook his pelt out with an irritated huff. He’d been spinning around the same thoughts for hours now, even before he’d got to his paws and set off on his solitary walk. He couldn’t shake them from his head. Even when he tried to fixate on something--anything--else, his attention clung to Forestbreeze. He was growing exhausted with himself. The walk meant to clear his head was proving fruitless, isolation only serving to agitate him further. His frustration was beginning to mount when a familiar meow snapped him out of the loop. Silverhawk came to an abrupt halt and looked around. He hadn’t even realized he was walking beneath the boughs of Highpine; following this route had simply become second nature to him.

On gentle paws, he padded forward, separating the ferns fringing his territory. Any prior concerns were immediately expelled from his mind with the visual confirmation that it was, in fact, Bubblebeam he’d heard. Dove wings unfurled and fluttered in his chest at the sight of her. The moment of elation was short-lived, though, as he processed her pleading words and took in her weighted figure. The clear sight of more grief made Silverhawk’s chest constrict, but… it was not annoyance he felt. Silverhawk couldn’t place the feeling as anything other than tightness. He couldn’t claim interest in what concerned her, but he felt no frustration for the fact she dared to have problems. Still, he could feign concern for her. Stepping forward fully, he called, ”Bubblebeam?” Silverhawk gave her a moment to acknowledge his presence before padding close and pressing his nose into her ruff. When he pulled away from the embrace, he gently asked, ”What’s happened--what’s wrong?”
...the better the man.
ShadowClan • T4 Warrior • he/him • #845D56
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c)   it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c) EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 11:12

Perhaps her plea had been answered. Perhaps she was simply lucky. Perhaps the object of her thoughts simply found his mind walking in the same paths hers so often did. But whatever the reason--curse or blessing--Bubblebeam's ears pricked up at a familiar sound interrupting her despondency. Pawsteps in the mud, and then a voice. His voice. Calling out her name. Pure relief flooded her veins first, and then her bodily response followed: the relaxation of her shoulders, the widening of her eyes, the smile spreading across her face. "Silverbird..." Almost unconsciously she took a step forward, paws pressed up across the invisible line marking the border between them. As always, his mere presence was magnetic, drawing her closer without the merest hint of effort. As if she'd been perched high up in a tree and he was the ground, the irresistible force of gravity sending her plummeting downwards with the exhilarating sense of freefall lightening her heart. Did he even have to try? Did he know how impossible it was to look at anything other than him, with the faintest glimmers of starlight reflecting off of his dark fur?

Whether he felt the same way towards her or simply responded to her unspoken need to have him there, Silverhawk approached, and pressed his nose gently into the ruff of her fur. A violent shudder passed through her from the point of impact and all the way to the tip of her fluffy tail. After the horrible month she'd had, after all the losses... that single touch sent everything else flying from her mind. Bubblebeam rested her head against his shoulder, leaning into his solid form as if he were the only real thing around, because he was. Silently she inhaled the deep musk of his scent. It was okay. Everything would be okay. With SkyClan camp far behind her and the grief in the deep recesses of her mind, it almost seemed true. A quiet purr radiated outward, rumbling from her chest. Just this moment made everything worth it.

However, reality returned eventually, as it always did. Silverhawk was kind but he was not without curiosity. Not even he could read her mind. After a little while he stepped back, and Bubblebeam did not try and cling to him any longer than he wanted. Though she would've been happy if the embrace had lasted just a little while longer. The inevitable question--even in the soft, charming cadences of her friend's voice--doused her gradually-warming heart in the chill of corporeality. "Ah... right." The gray-furred warrior flicked the tip of her tail and glanced away, searching her mind for an answer. She couldn't lie to him, she could never; it felt dishonest to even try a simple "I'm fine." He knew her better than that. But how to summarize? How to explain everything that had happened? She didn't want to dump all of this on him. When was the last time she'd helped him instead of just being a mess? He was always listening to her, always assisting with whatever issue weighed her down. It was that night at the lake all over again. How could someone be so selfless? Bubblebeam wished hopelessly that she could be more like him.

Eventually she looked at him again, pale green eyes meeting the darker green of her friend's. More than a friend. She didn't have any space in her brain to try and find a label that would fit what he was to her. Instead, she smiled--a small smile, but still a genuine one. Her pain truly seemed much lesser just in his presence. "I've just had a hard moon. I got attacked by a fox, then camp got attacked by dogs, then some family members and friends... passed away..." Even thinking about Honeydew or Graywind would send her spiraling, let alone the indecipherable mess of emotions surrounding Sunfire's disappearance, so she willed the specifics away. "Honestly, nothing that I haven't dealt with before. But that's really the problem. No matter how long I wait or how many things I try to do differently, nothing ever really changes. You know what I mean? There's always some predator or some shattering grief that follows me no matter where I go." Though she tried to sound nonchalant, she hardly managed it. Her voice felt low and cynical. She disliked it immediately. Why couldn't she sound like him? Bubblebeam shook her head, a frustrated little laugh making its way out of her throat. "Sorry. Every time we meet, it's always something like this. I wish I could just stop complaining and bear it like everyone else seems to. I don't want to be useless. I don't always want to be the one needing help. I wish I could be of help to you, like you always help me, but I can't help anyone like this."

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c)   it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c) EmptyTue 2 Jul 2024 - 7:50

SILVERHAWK

That he could conjure a smile from Bubblebeam, a loosening of the tension wrought in her body, simply by appearing, even when she was caught in lamentations, pleased Silverhawk. Softly, his petname fell from her lips, and she rose to meet him as he stepped closer. Bubblebeam shuddered under his touch and that, too, pleased him. A fine tremor passed through him, too, from his hackles to his paws, when her head rested briefly against his shoulder. How often was it that he was embraced in this manner? Never. As always, the fact that it was Bubblebeam only gave the gesture more thrill. Silverhawk’s heart performed a strange jump in his chest. The feeling of her breath tugging through his fur, her warmth against him--for a brief moment, her state of grief was forgotten, and there was perfection in the stillness.

But it would not last forever. Bubblebeam’s sobriety swept over again the same instant as he pulled away. She would not meet his eyes for several beats. For once, Silverhawk felt patient. He did not mind waiting for her to sort through her problems. He simply stood and quietly looked her over while she gathered herself. She bore new scars--he was unsure if he’d simply missed them at the Gathering, being distracted by the mess with Hawkmist, or if they were wholly new. They did not look so fresh. Still, Silverhawk felt his chest squeeze again at the sight of them. For a second, his claws flexed and pressed into the ground. The thought that he would kill any cat that dared to lay a paw on Bubblebeam flashed through his mind before he blinked it away. There was a passing concern, as often came with his darker thoughts, but Silverhawk banished it. He studied the wounds a moment longer and decided they did not look like blows a cat could have dealt.

His eyes refocused on Bubblebeam, and he found she was looking at him now, ready to talk. She was attacked by a fox--that soothed his previous thoughts, at least. And then the litany went on. SkyClan had faced no shortage of hardships over the last moon. Silverhawk’s ears tilted back as he listened to her force and a rare expression of sympathy appeared on his face. ”Bubblebeam...” He said gently. There was not pity in his voice. Silverhawk found the tone strange immediately, but he persisted with it. ”You don’t have to apologize. I don’t mind listening.” A smile just wide enough to show the points of his teeth rose to match Bubblebeam’s own. ”It’s good to have cats to confide in. It’s easier when you share your feelings, isn’t it? Things are so overwhelming on their own.” Advice that Pineblossom would often impress upon him… and advice he hated to follow. Why did Bubblebeam pull it out of him, and why with such earnesty? Silverhawk hated the cat she made of him. She made him good. Wasn’t she wonderful?

Silverhawk gave himself a small shake and continued. ”You’re right. You can’t help anyone if you can’t help yourself.” His tail swished. He let the words sit for a moment before he realized they may sound cruel, and he did not want to be cruel. Not to her. ”You have to take care of yourself first, or you won’t be left to take care of. You can’t possibly look after others when you yourself aren’t being take care of.” His smile got a little wider and Silverhawk stepped close again, just a whisker away from her. In a quieter voice, he said, ”So let me take care of you. What’s the point of calling you mine if I can’t do that much?”

Then he tucked his head around her neck again and gently squeezed her closer to him. This time, he did not separate from the embrace after spare heartbeats; he remained there, certain no patrols were soon to descend on them, and spoke from his place curled around Bubblebeam. ”I’m sorry for your moon. It truly does sound hard. I’m sure your loved ones will be watching you from StarClan.” He took a deep breath, savoring in the deep scents of stone and bark that clung to her. ”If it’s any sympathy, ShadowClan hasn’t gone without loss this moon, either. My father was among them.”

Silverhawk shifted around so he was not wrapped around her but instead pressed flush against the side of Bubblebeam’s neck. He wanted to be able to crane his head in a manner that allowed him to see her face. ”I don’t think you’re useless at all. I think you’re a very strong and capable warrior. You’ve survived violence and loss that I’m sure others would not.” He could not place the source of this sincerity. Was his care for Bubblebeam genuine, no longer a farce? A part of Silverhawk was still convinced that he was playing a game with her. The falling over himself he’d discussed with Pineblossom--it was part of the charade. But he did not act to kindly for cats he simply performed for. Stars--he must have really loved her.

Silverhawk pressed a little more firmly against her. ”It sounds like SkyClan treats you terribly,” he said, voice low. Recounting his conversation with Pineblossom had brought an idea suddenly upon him. Perhaps not a good one, but one he would pursue nonetheless. Silverhawk moved even closer to her, resituating so he could press entirely against her side, neverminding the border he had to cross to do so. ”Forgive me if this is traitorous, but...” he wound their tails together and finally pulled away from the contact at her neck. He did not go far, though; just far enough to meet her eyes. There was hope, earnest and shining, in the back of his own gaze. ”I know it would be difficult, what with your family and friends, I’m sure… but have you ever considered leaving?”
...the better the man.
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c)   it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c) EmptySat 6 Jul 2024 - 22:52

Though the mess that swirled within her chest kept itself far more manageable than it had been when she lingered alone in SkyClan camp, it still felt hardly bearable even with the assistance of Silverbird's presence. Bubblebeam felt--not for the first time tonight--her lungs constricting with the difficulty of drawing breath steadily. The positive emotions from seeing her dear friend clashed horribly with the cocktail of anxiety and grief and confusion that laced her veins every waking moment. It buzzed in her ears, hissed in the back of her mind, crawled its way up her spine. She could never truly escape it, never truly wish it away, as much as she wanted to. She still felt like a walking catastrophe. However, despite her state, she still couldn't help but look up when she heard his voice. That voice. It smoothed her over like the stillness of a lake, like a cloudless sky. Just the way he murmured her name, so gently, as if his care for her were the most foregone conclusion in the world, quieted the irregular beating of her heart.

As always, he didn't stop just with her name. Silverbird spoke, and each word that left his mouth in that pleasantly soft tone forced the waves of irrationality back bit by bit. How did he do it? Did he know how something so easy for him was the only thing that drew her away from the precipice of fear? Bubblebeam felt herself sitting down on the grass, as if something else had inhabited her body. She felt the tension in her muscles slowly beginning to fade--the cool night air brushing against her fur--the mud beneath her paws, distantly, far away. Her entire focus fixed itself on Silverbird. A smile curled onto his face. If he'd told her anything with that smile, she would have no choice but to believe it... even if he said that she didn't need to apologize. Apologizing came so naturally to her, just like sweet-talk did to him. But... he said that he didn't mind listening. That it was good to have confidants, because it was. Stars, it was. She hardly realized how much she missed the cats in SkyClan that she'd once considered close enough to share her troubles with. Honeydew, gone. Graywind, gone. Thymelight, far more busy as SkyClan's only medicine cat. Ploverwing, Sorrelmist, busy searching for her long-gone father. Hemlockfox, vanished on the other side of the forest. No wonder then that she kept turning to the ShadowClan border for solace. Her only remaining friends who she could trust to be there for her... Hawkmist, and Silverbird. Silverbird had never let her down. Even now, he listened to her problems. She loved that he was so kind to her, that he knew just what to say... She loved him.

Taking care of herself in order to take care of others... a sensible thought, yet one that seemed foreign. If she couldn't help, then why did she deserve help of her own? Why, when others meant so much more to her than herself? Yet, Bubblebeam could not argue with the logic of it. Acknowledgement felt heavy in her chest. In her attempts to be of help to others, she had only become more of a burden. She couldn't help others if she wasn't even capable of helping herself. But no sooner had she begun to feel the weight of the accusation she had begun to levy at herself than it was swept away from her. Silverbird stepped closer, his deep green eyes fixed on her, his face so near that she could feel his breath stirring her fur.

”So let me take care of you. What’s the point of calling you mine if I can’t do that much?”

Mine.

And before the force of that line had finished wreaking havoc on her composure, before its red-hot warmth had completed its paces through her entire body, Silverbird stepped forward and embraced her again. "Silverbird..." Without so much as a thought, Bubblebeam responded in kind, instinctively seeking out the comfort and sense-heightening pleasure that accompanied his touch. She buried her face in the plush ruff of fur around his neck, twining herself as close to him as she could get. Paw to paw, chest to chest. The spine-tingling intensity fizzed through her mind like so many pine needles cushioning the ground beneath them. At the same time, her ears kept trained to the sound of his voice. Some quiet prickling at the back of her mind said something about the border, but it couldn't help but be drowned out in Silverbird's whisper. Words of consolation, commiseration, empathy. His own father, too... She pressed only closer at the thought, hoping she could give him some fraction of the peace he always afforded her. This moon's difficulties hadn't been locked within SkyClan's borders. Of course, they hadn't; she wasn't the only one with problems. But... it was so much easier with someone else. So much more bearable when she could actually give voice to the pain that lay dormant instead of pretending it did not exist.

He shifted, not moving further away but simply into a different position, and she found herself confronted by those eyes again. Those eyes, so very close to hers, and their accompanying shower of compliments that settled under her skin. Strong, capable... could she believe something like that of herself? In this moment, with Silverbird right there, it sounded like he could only speak the truth. But in the dark of night, or in front of a fox, or facing her family, it felt very different. Yet she had no time to doubt him, not with the trail of fire left by his touch moving once more, and now he stood at her side and their tails twisted around each other. The blue-furred warrior's fluffy, unkempt tail entwined against his. Pale gray-green eyes met Silverbird's gaze, drinking in every moment of his presence, noting the glimmer of hope that shone from his expression. Very briefly, something akin to guilt or shame attempted to possess her at his observation about SkyClan, but it flickered and died immediately with the brush of his side against hers. She had not been treated terribly, on purpose... but the fact remained that she was unhappy, miserable even, in her current state. And Silverbird already managed to reach the conclusion that she hadn't yet shared with him. Had she considered leaving? If she had any breath left in her lungs, she would laugh; the idea of leaving had been one of the only things driving her paws forward through the monotony of everyday life. At first, she'd thought to leave with her brother. She'd convinced herself that Hemlockfox would come any day now to sweep her and her sisters away. But as the moons passed, that idea slowly faded, and in its place a new, more rebellious thought stole into her heart. Marshes crept into her daydreams... and a pair of pelts, one black and silver, one pale as the moon....

Distantly--she felt very far away from herself, right now, very far from the unending warmth that consumed her frame--Bubblebeam realized she had not spoken in several minutes, save murmuring his name. But he'd asked her a question that required her a response. With some difficulty, she loosened the muscles of her throat which had only managed a few uneven gasps and shuddering exhales from the tantalizing closeness they now shared. "I... I have considered it," she said, her voice hardly a breath in the night. She didn't have to speak loudly; a single motion would cause their noses to touch. "More than considered it. I've been... counting on it. I know I can't stay in SkyClan, I just... haven't had the courage to do it by myself." And this even after he'd lavished her with such praises--as if she could ever be anything other than afraid. She shook her head slightly, though the motion caused her whiskers to brush against his. "I thought I would go with my siblings to WindClan, but my brother hasn't come back in moons, and my sisters spend so much time searching for my father that I have had no chance to bring the idea to them. It seems less likely. So, I... I've been thinking about where to go... instead." Her voice hushed even more, if it were possible. Had the night been cold? She couldn't tell; her face felt as if it had been lit aflame by the very surface of the sun. "I've never been apart from my siblings. I--you know, you saw me, when my sister went missing. But I had... never had my friends die like this, either. It's never been so bad. So, if I'm... doing things that I could never do, in the first place..." Birdsong's advice flew featherlike through her thoughts once again. To go, to leave, to find happiness beyond the bounds of her birth. Something that several cats within her Clan would likely kill her for if they knew the depth of the desire that stirred within her at the idea. The vow she'd reluctantly taken as a warrior--she would dismiss it in an instant. She would turn traitor, villain, and risk the hatred of those for whom she'd lived. But... it didn't seem so impossible, when she sat like this with him.

Bubblebeam's face moved slightly, looking at Silverbird. She could hardly believe the thrill that ran through her every time she realized just how closely they sat together, nor the trembling that passed through her whenever she recalled the word "mine." Could that word ever be meant with full honesty? She dared to speak again. "I... know I'm going to leave. And, if I'm being honest with myself, there is somewhere that I would much... rather... go." The last few words fell--traitorous, honest--from her mouth with a sense of finality. She could hardly breathe. Had she meant them? Yes, every syllable. But to sit here in this silence felt as if she'd stepped foot into the den of a fox and now waited to see whether it would reward her bravery, or devour her whole. What if she'd misinterpreted what he had been saying? What if he simply asked out of curiosity, and she had imagined the hope in his gaze as a reflection of her own? Surely not. But she waited on tenterhooks, unable to breathe or move or even think, twining her tail with Silverbird's as if it were the only lifeline keeping her from hurtling off the edge of a cliff.

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c)   it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c) EmptySun 7 Jul 2024 - 21:09

SILVERHAWK

Bubblebeam had gone very quiet following his rambling, his question. Silverhawk did not mind. He beat away the nerves that wanted to tell him he’d offend her somehow and just leaned a little more firmly against her. She came around eventually; she’d only needed a moment to gather herself and her thoughts. Silverhawk’s ears immediately stood straighter at her saying that leaving was already in her plans. A breath of relief he hadn’t known he was holding rushed out of him and stirred through Bubblebeam’s fur. Excitement ran through his veins like lightning. Silverhawk was hit, suddenly and fiercely, with a desire to possess her utterly. He wanted to remain in this coil they’d made of themselves and never let her go; he wanted to consume her like prey. He wanted the word mine to be the only thought that echoed through both their heads.

Silverhawk blinked hard and refocused. Even though her voice was quiet, he caught every word she breathed out. WindClan… he detested the thought. Nevermind her brother. Clearly, he was of no import if he’d thought to leave Bubblebeam behind so carelessly. And stars, her sisters--how could they ignore her? Especially after she’d fallen apart over one of them! Silverhawk would not separate his tail from Bubblebeam’s to lash it, so his whiskers quivered against hers instead, shivering with frustration. He could show her a better world. He could show her what it really meant to be loved.

Again, that word--love. Silverhawk’s chest squeezed over it. It was odd to be assailed by his contentious side while he was in the midst of embracing her, but it rose regardless of timeliness. He did not want to love her. He was a fool to have fallen for a SkyClan cat; he was a fool for falling for anyone at all. There were many reasons. Hawkmist was chief among them. He also simply should have known better, for he was fine on his own; and he was evil, really evil, and not designed for things like love. He did not have paws that could cradle gently. He bore only fangs and claws, tools to rend.

But Bubblebeam--didn’t she make him want to try? She had him thoroughly convinced he could be good for her. That he could love her, near normally. Thoroughly fooled was a more apt phrase.

He would have thrown himself off cliffs and into jaws for those eyes. It did not matter what lie in his heart. He loved her and he wanted her and so he would have her. He could only pray he did not damage her along the way.

”Come to ShadowClan.” It surprised him, the breathless excitement in his own voice. He said it so readily, too--like the conclusion was already foregone. ”My-- I--” Stars above, she’d made him stutter. He swallowed so he could focus on a sensation other than the heat rising into his cheeks and went on, now in a whisper to match hers, ”I… told my mother about you. She said she could speak to Leopardstar about letting you join the Clan. She’s willing to vouch for you.” Here, purrs started to rumble through his throat. As his excitement did moments ago, the sincerity of them surprised him. Bubblebeam in ShadowClan--he could faint from the thought.

It crossed his mind, then, that Hawkmist would likely try to pelt them both. It would drive him mad to watch them flirt. Wouldn’t it make sense, then, to confess some things to him before Bubblebeam would move? Stars, but then he’d have to explain everything to her. Until here, Silverhawk had only worried about Hawkmist’s reaction to having to share. What if that was the blow that finally scared her away? He almost shuddered at the thought, but forced his body to remain still.

It did not matter. None of it mattered. Silverhawk would find some way to work things out between the two of them. The disastrous Gathering meant nothing. Bubblebeam: he needed to have her, even at the cost of his own undoing.

”I can speak to Leopardstar, too. I’m a respectable warrior--I’m sure she’d listen to me. I’ve never seen an outsider that’s been turned away.” Silverhawk pressed his cheek up against hers. His voice, already low, was impossibly softer when he went on. ”We wouldn’t have to play these games anymore, Bubblebeam. The border,” he scuffed a paw over the ground he crossed, ”wouldn’t be an issue anymore. You could really, truly be mine.” He would give anything for her to say yes. Silverhawk was not sure he would allow her to go anywhere else. Nowhere that he could not reach her, at least.
...the better the man.

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c)   it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c) EmptyFri 19 Jul 2024 - 11:08

”Come to ShadowClan.”

The rush of pleasure that flooded through Bubblebeam at the words he spoke, at the press of his body against hers, felt illegal. Was she allowed to be this happy? Was she allowed to be this terribly, traitorously selfish? But she couldn't deny the way she felt, as if gravity lost its hold on her, as if she were falling upwards into the sky. The darkness of the night melted away into haloes of sunlight, all radiating from his deep purr that rumbled all the way through her chest and into her heart. It all sounded, all felt, too good to be true. Someone who loved her this much... was he even real? Was she just dreaming? But he spoke as persuasively as ever. Even if he'd kept on stuttering, nothing could have sounded more eloquent than his voice. He didn't have to work hard to convince her to do something that she wanted to do. She'd never, ever, wanted something this much. She'd never wanted someone this much. Silverbird had spoken to his mother about her; he'd promised to speak to Leopardstar; he would vouch for her. She didn't deserve him... but he wanted her, anyway. If it weren't for his frame holding her up, she might have melted onto the ground like snow in greenleaf.

”We wouldn’t have to play these games anymore, Bubblebeam. The border wouldn’t be an issue anymore. You could really, truly be mine.”

The idea felt so attractive as it flashed into her mind and flew around her like a fluttering bird finally set free. No more nights waiting anxiously at the border for a few stolen moments of time. They could spend every evening together, curled around each other like this. When they'd first made contact, the heat of a blazing fire had spread its warmth through her slowly, and she now felt entirely consumed by that desire. She wanted it. In comparison to the loneliness, to the darkness, to the misery... could she even stand such a stark difference? But oh, to be his, truly and completely. She didn't need anything else in her life. Water, food, even breath itself paled in comparison. All she needed to subsist was this interaction alone. "I... I want that so much," Bubblebeam exhaled, her voice little more than a whisper above the beating of her heart. "I know it'll be hard to go. But... stars. I want nothing more than to be on the same side of the border as you, all the time." If it were possible, she pressed her face even deeper into his fur. The scent of him made her dizzy. Words failed; she had no way to properly enunciate her feelings. Hopefully the embrace they shared, the purr that rose from both of them to become a united entity, would prove that she meant what she said. "I'll go with you. Not tonight, but... soon. I-I want to really be yours, Silverbird." She nuzzled his face. "I want to."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c)   it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

it's only been a couple of days and i miss you (c)
Page 1 of 1