Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

nothing in the world belongs to me but my love [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

nothing in the world belongs to me but my love [C] Empty
PostSubject: nothing in the world belongs to me but my love [C]   nothing in the world belongs to me but my love [C] EmptyWed 8 May 2024 - 22:02

"But I know there's a reason I'm alive."
Rookflight
T4 Warrior | RiverClan | they/he

Most of the morning had been wet with persistent showers, but the poor weather passed as the afternoon progressed. Everything was oversaturated, squishy and dewy underpaw, but at least it was not actively raining. Rookflight hated the rain; it would’ve soured their mood, and they wanted to enjoy this patrol. It had been a while since they got to walk with Perchstar like this, just the two of them. Likely… likely it was before even the war.

So much had happened since then. So many lives lost. The recent deaths, the senseless, unpredictable ones, were still sore from freshness. It was all very heavy; heavy on Perchstar, they knew. Rookflight walked close to her shoulder as they moved across the pool-pocketed plains, hovering as if they were still an apprentice. Whether it was to seek the steadiness of her presence or it was to support her when the foundation crumbled, Rookflight found more and more that they enjoyed closeness—Perchstar’s especially. Perhaps it was because neither of them were very physical, and so that made it all the more meaningful that she would allow—or seek—breaches of her space. The reasoning did not really matter. All that mattered was the fact Perchstar was here, and that Rookflight themself was here, and that for the first time in moons, nothing seemed at its worse.

The patrol was largely conducted in silence, as walks between them often were. But as Rookflight looked around, recognizing this stretch of territory as that which Perchstar led them to on their very first outing, he broke the quiet with a soft mew. ”Perchstar?” He asked quietly. Rookflight turned away from studying his surroundings to blink toward his leader; once-mentor; close companion, the one who had become like his mother. He blinked, displaying quiet fondness, before continuing, ”Have I ever thanked you? For being my mentor, I mean. I don’t believe I ever have, but I would like to. So: thank you.” Rookflight held her gaze for a moment, earnesty in their eyes, before turning toward the horizon. ”And thank you for remaining by my side in warriorhood. I would not be the cat I am today without your guidance.”
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6856

PostSubject: Re: nothing in the world belongs to me but my love [C]   nothing in the world belongs to me but my love [C] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 15:12

Perchstar did not mind the rain. Most weather she could deal with, and with her sleek RiverClan fur that more often repelled water like the back of a duck than soaked it in like a fluffier pelt would, the wet sensation of droplets falling from the sky did not perturb her. She also did not care one way or the other about the firm ground underpaw giving way to softer mud and myriad puddles. But to be fair, she would hardly have noticed even if the territory had suddenly been afflicted by the worst storm in centuries. All she could focus on right now was the presence of the cat by her side. Rookflight: her former apprentice, currently grown into a talented young warrior, and as like her own kit in all but blood. She did not stare down at them as she walked. Her eyes were fixed ahead of her, looking at the path before, but she did not see it any more than necessary to keep her paws moving. If she looked down at him, she would not be able to tear her eyes away, and then she would make a fool of herself by colliding with a tree or something else foolish. So instead, every other sense focused on the warrior walking next to her. Even simply their presence felt like an act of comfort. Though they remained in a congenial silence, she felt almost healed just by being close to them.

The previous night had been... difficult. Though the leader had never been any stranger to nightmares of various intensities, the one she had suffered from until the early hours of the morning had rivaled some of her post-war struggles in its potency. Nothing had caused it. Nothing had triggered it. She had simply been lost within the annals of her mind, consumed by the piercing pain of the deaths she'd experienced, chased by bloody visions of cats she'd lost and the shattered corpses of some she had not yet been forced to lose... among whom had been Rookflight. Her brain constructed for her, in its infinite skill at creating such scenes, an alternate reality in which she had brought them to the war with SkyClan. In this twisted vision she saw their form mangled in Birdstar's jaws, torn apart as if by a rabid fox, and then tossed in the river to float away while Perchstar remained helplessly rooted to the ground. Not even Poppyshine's gentle cajoling had eased the raw sting of the nightmare. Even thinking of it now felt as if a cloud would pass over the sun and engulf her in darkness. But right now, it could have no power over her. Rookflight was here. He was here, and alive, and well, and simply the fact that she felt the air stirred by their form next to hers and heard the gentle rise and fall of his breath meant that he was not dead. She'd recovered the moment that she saw them, and their presence here with her continued to ease the residual aching of her terror-bruised heart.

She had not even noticed where exactly they were headed; it escaped her that the place in which they ended up was not only the exact same path she had treaded so many times before, but the one where she had taken Rookflight on their first excursion into the territory. The first time they'd truly spoken together... the beginning of the relationship they now shared, which had evolved far past that of mentor and apprentice. In fact, she was quite unaware of her surroundings until forced back to reality by the sound of her patrolling companion's voice speaking to her. Perchstar allowed her gaze to travel down and meet Rookflight's eyes, which looked up at her with such admiration that she nearly froze in her tracks. The quiet and sensitive tom rarely displayed their emotions in such a way. Even now, their tone remained subdued as they expressed their gratitude towards her. Gratitude that she frankly felt she did not deserve. She had mentored them, it was true, but... to say that the cat they had become was thanks to her felt untrue. They had become so on their own merit.

Perchstar shook her head lightly, but the gesture carried no sternness nor condemnation. "You give me too much credit," she said, feeling the tip of her tail twitch as she said so. "Even without my guidance, or my continued presence, you would be a capable and accomplished warrior. You have several friends, and for good reason. They would love you regardless of my involvement." Willowwisp among them. It gladdened her that the two quiet and intelligent cats had gotten along so well. Perhaps, if she'd met a cat like Rookflight when she had been their age, she would not have turned out so poorly adjusted--but that thought did not belong in this conversation. "With that said... I feel grateful that I was able to be your mentor. You have blessed my life in many ways, and I thank you in turn for putting up with my moments of weakness and my terribly busy schedule. It was not ideal that I mentored you alongside two other cats simultaneously. I would have liked to give you more individual time." Remembering the patrol in which they'd all fought a goose together suddenly made her think of Cindersky; she dismissed the image. Rookflight's presence grounded her. She still had not looked away from their yellow eyes, even as they turned to look at the distance. "The fact that you can stand my many flaws, as both a mentor and a figure of leadership, means much to me. You have been there for me when I needed you, even when it was not proper of me to request your assistance, so... I believe that I owe you many thanks, as well."

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

PostSubject: Re: nothing in the world belongs to me but my love [C]   nothing in the world belongs to me but my love [C] EmptySat 13 Jul 2024 - 19:32

ROOKFLIGHT
I would rather stay in bed, but...

”True… I suppose.” Rookflight hummed quietly. ”You did not walk directly at my side at every moment, nor hold my paw through making friends. I know I am my own cat outside of you.” Their head tipped thoughtfully to the side. They listened to Perchstar continued and their tail-tip flickered, a gesture that, even without seeing it, mirrored their mentor’s. Some warmth entered under their pelt at her praise--it always did--but it was dulled slightly by the way which Perchstar spoke of herself. It was the usual speech. And as was the usual response, Rookflight did not like the sound of it. They did not address it directly; not right away.

”It is not your fault for being assigned so many apprentices,” Rookflight mewed, a touch of humor underlining their voice. ”I am not so selfish nor foolish to have assumed more of your time. I knew my mentor would be a busy one upon being assigned to the leader. You still taught me well.” They closed their eyes and thought, briefly, of the seasons ahead. Hopefully more idyllic patrols would lay in their future as the weather continued to warm. ”I am just grateful for the time we did have together. And you did not leave my side after my graduation, so I am not at a loss for time spent with you.”

Rookflight’s eyes finally slid back from the horizon just to find Perchstar’s still lingered on his face. He blinked curiously up at her then turned his gaze down to his paws--just in time to step over an approaching puddle, and warn her of it with a touch of his tail. When they passed it, Rookflight looked back up at her and blinked again. ”I don’t think that’s fair,” he said evenly. ”All cats need support. Without their roots to ground them, even the greatest trees would be felled by soft winds.” Rookflight tilted his head again. ”Requiring assistance is not among your flaws. I do not know how to communicate how grateful I am that you allow me to offer at least some support to you. I would thank you for that… but I will refrain, for the sake of us not talking in circles.” He let out a quiet churr, his version of a laugh. ”And whether I think it is necessary or not… I will accept your thanks. Graciously.”
...I know there's a reason I'm alive.
RiverClan • T4 Warrior • they/he • #6082B6
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nothing in the world belongs to me but my love [C]   nothing in the world belongs to me but my love [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

nothing in the world belongs to me but my love [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: