Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

and if it were my last day on earth [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3115

and if it were my last day on earth [c] Empty
PostSubject: and if it were my last day on earth [c]   and if it were my last day on earth [c] EmptyWed 8 May 2024 - 15:12

Poppyshine

Tragedy after tragedy continued to fall onto RiverClan. Littlesplash gone, and they were left without a medicine cat so soon after a war, with more threats still lurking beyond the shadows. Perchstar and Poppyshine had both been trained in basic medicine by previous medicine cats, but they still were no proper medicine cat…They could uphold things best they could, but hopefully StarClan would choose someone new for their clan quickly.

But with all of these troubles, and now that Poppyshine knew some of the things weighing on Perchstar’s mind, she would not let them simply wallow. It was easy to forget some of the beautiful things in life when darkness was all that one focused on. She didn’t want this new tragedy to pull Perchstar back down again; thus, she requested Perchstar’s presence with her on a walk in the late afternoon.

Poppyshine guided the way, but her pathing made it obvious of their destination. Sunningrocks soon came into view, and it was completely empty. Since they severed their shared-territory deal with ThunderClan, there were far fewer cats in the area most of the time, and right now there were none at all. Poppyshine continued deeper into the area until she climbed up onto some of the raised rocks, to the highest point in the shallow area. The sun was starting to descend past the Highstones now and it colored the entire territory in orange. The river and pools reflected the color, making the whole valley appear to glow. The warmth of newleaf and the setting sun made the rocks warm to sit on as well.

She took a seat, settling against the warm stone. She looked to Perchstar, watching her for a moment like she was trying to remember every detail of her face. Ever since their last big conversation, when Perchstar admitted that she did not think that she would have years left but perhaps only moons…a fear had settled into Poppyshine’s stomach, afraid of losing the cat that she loved so dearly. Poppyshine wanted to remember every detail of Perchstar and she wanted to cherish any moment with her, if her instincts were correct and she was not long for this world.

After a minute of just watching her friend, Poppsyhine finally found her voice. She said, “I love you so much, Perch. I’m glad that I have you.” She looked out at the sunset and her heart ached, but it felt warm too. “I am happy that this is my home. Despite the hardships, and the things that have gone wrong…I am happy. I hope one day you can feel happy with it too.” She shifted, leaning against Perchstar as they sit together observing the sunset.

RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6856

PostSubject: Re: and if it were my last day on earth [c]   and if it were my last day on earth [c] EmptyThu 9 May 2024 - 1:34

Unlike the saying, time did not mend all wounds. However... Perchstar had become good at allowing it to ease her many, many aches. Not because they ever hurt less, but because they hurt less frequently. Perhaps it was the only gift of StarClan that still remained. The passion she'd received had caused her far more agony than assistance, but the life of strength--given by Ivystar so very long ago--had not left her all this time. Though she still was not as strong as she would like to be, the power to get up every morning and continue to do her duty was far more impressive than it may have seemed. When everything attempted to weigh her down, having the burden lifted by anything, whether it be her duties or forgetfulness or occasionally the intervention of another had been her saving grace. And today, when Poppyshine had asked with a sparkle set deep inside her gaze for an afternoon stroll, Perchstar would not have been able to decline even if she'd wanted to. As it was, the invitation came at the perfect time. In a lull between responsibilities, in a time when idleness by herself might reawaken old ghosts. As always... her best friend knew her well.

As they walked together in a companionable silence, sunlight almost warm enough for greenleaf filtering down through burgeoning leaves, Perchstar could believe in the possibility of happiness. Not for her, perhaps--she would settle for a temporary contentment, for the warmth that reached her pelt and Poppyshine's smile even brighter than the sun itself. But... the possibility of happiness existing, somewhere. More than a translucent phantom used to delude those innocent enough to believe it. Even in a world as harsh as this... eventually, the sun still shone. There would be a moment or two of respite. And even if the moment passed as quickly as it had come, its existence eased the burden. It lingered always ahead like the promise of a new day. And even if soon, the new day would not be hers, at least she could gift it to those she loved. To Poppyshine. To her daughters. To Rookflight. For them, happiness may not be so far off. And if she could move them even a pawstep further towards that goal, then perhaps... perhaps her life would not have been such a waste after all.

Time passed slowly for once. Normally it rushed past in the nice moments, but lingered only on the pain, on the repeated images of failure or bloodshed that haunted every nightmare. But just for now... there was sunlight. Perchstar lowered herself onto a large heated rock in a rare moment of relaxation. The sun's warmth soaked into her body. She'd almost forgotten what it felt like just to lie down like this. Untempered by the usual darkness of her thoughts, the leader closed her eyes and allowed herself a relieved sigh. She was not old, not really. And yet... in moments like this, she felt how her bones ached. How her muscles strained from use. Only in the absence of their usage could she truly feel the cracks and pains that beset her every waking moment. Right now, though, the everpresent light soothed them. Her eyes closed not in exhaustion, but in a moment of pure rest. Here, with no one else but her dear friend, she could allow herself that for now. She did not want to think about anything. She did not want to think at all. All she wanted was to empty her mind and to feel this scene. The sun, the stone, the river, the love. They subsumed her like a rock in the riverbed, sensations flowing gently over her. To be a stone in the river... she could achieve it. Just for now.

I needed this. However long it lasts... I will cherish it.

Soon, Poppyshine spoke again, and Perchstar turned to listen. The voice of her friend fell sweet on her ears as it expressed unadulterated joy. Undeniable love, unassailable gladness. Happiness. Perchstar felt the truth of it emanating from her friend, rolling in waves so honest and pure that nothing could dampen it. Just minutes ago, had she not thought that her life would be truly worth something if those she loved could feel even a step closer to it through her efforts? And now, her closest friend, her dearest companion gave voice to her desire with a few uncomplicated words. Poppyshine was happy... and she was happy with Perchstar. Nothing else could have given her more fulfillment than that simple statement.

She spoke in return, then, her voice clear and calm--but not because of any mask. For once, she truly felt calm. The softness of her tone expressed its honesty. "I love you too, Poppy." There was no need for apologies or explanations for the past moons of darkness and exhaustion. They'd gone through the song and dance before; there was no place for such talk now, not in the sunlight. Perchstar could not profess her happiness in turn. Such a concept remained foreign to her. However, with the lines of her face relaxed, it looked so far from her normal stern expression as to almost be considered close to a smile. Light blue eyes felt more reminiscent of a pool than of ice as they met their green counterparts. "I am glad, too. However long it lasts, whenever it ends... in moments like this, everything is worth it." Her gaze shifted for a moment, taking in the golden light that deepened to ochre over the fluffy tops of the trees. The sun set every night. One day it would set on her, too. She would go. But such a thing did not seem tragic, not in this transient and fleeting stretch of color painted against her dull backdrop. No... right now, she had everything she needed.

"Thank you. For everything. What you have given me is something I could never hope to repay." Not just the valued help of a friend, nor that of a capable deputy who had proven her worth many, many times over. There was only really one way to phrase the impossible gift that Poppyshine had given. "You have given me... life." She did not mean it in the sense of breath, or of lucidity, though an argument could be made that both had been granted by her friend too. No, she meant this. This warmth, however brief. The sunlight that made life worth living. The unfamiliar flame of love. Not one soured by loss or by corruption or by indifference, but a pure love that had never abandoned her. One that she'd been given, and had cherished for so long... cherished for more than two years. One that she would cherish in the years to come after it, for ever and ever, until the very last star burned out of the sky. She could not even comprehend what she might have been without it. Because of Poppyshine... she could say, after it all, that she had lived. She had truly lived. "Thank you, Poppy. Thank you so much."

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3115

PostSubject: Re: and if it were my last day on earth [c]   and if it were my last day on earth [c] EmptyFri 17 May 2024 - 1:24

POPPYSHINE
Just stop your crying...

Poppyshine had been around Perchstar long enough to know every aspect of her. She had seen Perchstar when she was stressed, upset, furious and depressed; when she faked happiness for the sake of others and withheld all of her emotions behind a cold mask. she knew all that there was to know about Perchstar at this point, which is how she could feel the true genuine feelings behind Perchstar’s words. Poppyshine’s heart swelled so big it hurt in her chest. They were happy together, and they loved one another; two cats that had taught one another things they never would have known otherwise, and been at one another’s side through it all. They were sisters in all but blood.

There was a contentedness to stay sitting and listening to that for a while. To just stare out at their territory and wait; and so Poppyshine did. She had come to learn how to appreciate the quietness held between two cats—another lesson that Perchstar had taught her in their years together. She settled down easily, pressed against her friend, and enjoyed the warmth, both physical from the sun and metaphorical from the cat at her side. She closed her eyes and tilted her head back to feel it all across her face, and some tears silently flowed from her cheeks too. She had shed many tears in the past moons, and in her entire lifetime, but these were not those of devastation or pain. They were of relief and happiness. It was wonderful to feel, especially after so many months of anxiety and grief, such plain…happiness. She was sure that it would be gone by tomorrow, complicated by some other matter as life always was, but for now, to just feel it was overwhelming. Overwhelming, but wonderful.

A long while passed between them. It was hard to judge the exact time, but long enough for Poppyshine’s tears to slow and for her fur to dry of them. She had taken to laying her head on Perchstar’s neck, enjoying the soft ruff around her neck. She opened her eyes slightly and murmured, “I’ve learned a lot from you, Perch…I’m not sure I ever properly thanked you for that. Not just teaching me how to be a warrior—though thank you for that as well—but you taught me a lot about life and just…what it takes to keep our clan safe. How to look after them…I appreciate it.” She looked back on her youth and laughed a bit at her naivety. She was at least aware enough in her adulthood to know that she still carried some of that naivety, but the bright-eyed kit who believed that no cat could ever—would ever—do no wrong had grown up. She probably would have one way or another, but it made for a smoother transition with Perchstar to guide her.
...have the time of your life.
RiverClan • T5 Deputy • She/Her • #669966
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6856

PostSubject: Re: and if it were my last day on earth [c]   and if it were my last day on earth [c] EmptyMon 17 Jun 2024 - 2:13

Perchstar allowed the silent lull to take her over. Distantly she could hear birds in the trees of ThunderClan territory. Far closer she heard the rushing of water, of the lifeblood of RiverClan, that had given her so much and taken so much away. Here on top of the rocks she felt between it all. Between wakefulness and rest, between water and land, between earth and sky. It was pleasantly transient--something she rarely got to experience. Perhaps it was the presence of Poppyshine that quieted her mind so. Usually she could find no silence; anxious thoughts would bombard her with memories or griefs long past at any time that she managed to find solitude, and so she filled her life with the many responsibilities that weighed her down. But right now, unless she focused on thought, she found it slippery and unable to grasp. Was this what other cats meant when they talked about relaxation? If so... she could finally understand why they liked it so much.

She could almost fall asleep, like this. Normally she dreaded unconsciousness taking hold of her and dragging her into a realm where she could control nothing, could believe nothing that she saw. Far too often she would awake with nightmares, but even worse were the pleasant dreams that dangled her happiest greenleaf memories in front of her before cruelly tearing them away again when she opened her eyes. But like this, she felt as if she could close her eyes and simply exist, in the sun and the warmth and the breeze. As if when she closed her eyes no dream would follow. This was all the dream she needed, right here, right now.

No dream could be better than this.

Light blue eyes slid to the side, taking in the small calico form of the deputy--the many scars crossing her pelt from so many years lived. Instead of inspiring guilt in her as they normally did, instead Perchstar felt pride. Pride in Poppyshine that she had thrived despite it all. A deep, unshakable gladness to see the light in the deputy's eyes that had never faded nor dimmed. Even with the tears that had begun to flow. They were different from the tears that Cindersky sobbed, or the tears of rage flowing down her own face so long ago, or any other tears she'd ever shed herself. They were tears of relief and relaxation. Good. Her friend deserved to feel happy. It was a contagious sensation, burning curiously warm within the depths of Perchstar's chest. She loved her friend dearly. Poppyshine was strong... so, so much stronger than her. She had been such an important presence, and would continue to be forever. RiverClan will be safe with you at its helm.

Eventually Poppyshine spoke again, but her voice was not a distraction from the calmness permeating the leader's form. It was simply part of the environment. The best part. Her dear friend. In response to the smaller face leaning into her thick ruff of fur, Perchstar gently placed her head on the top of it. She did not press very close, but close enough to continue their embrace. Moons ago this would have seemed unthinkable. She still did not find physical affection easy, and it often felt strange or uncomfortable. But with Poppyshine, here in this moment, this closeness was... all right. Still, not even in a time like this could she bear to hear herself praised so unilaterally. While she had been a mentor figure and a leader, she could not take all the credit for teaching such a wonderful cat. Poppyshine's good values had been in her from the start. Perchstar had simply been there to give her the baseline of support that she needed to thrive and grow.

The gray-and-white she-cat shook her head slightly, without moving too much. "Do not learn too much from me," she murmured "As you can see... no cat is infallible, myself least of all. I chose you for deputy because I saw you had the potential to be far greater than I, and that is what you have grown into. Your love and care for all things, when used wisely, will be a great boon for you and for RiverClan. Even when I am gone... this Clan will remain strong, and it will be due to your guidance." With or without Perchstar, Poppyshine would be a great cat. She'd seen the beginnings of this moment in the small calico, long ago... and far beyond her wildest expectations, her former apprentice had grown and matured into the strongest and wisest cat she knew. "If I ever made any correct choice in my life, it was to pick you as my deputy... as my apprentice. As my friend." Without thinking about it, Perchstar licked the top of Poppyshine's head. A gesture that many cats gave to family or friends when sharing tongues--something that Perchstar had never done before for anyone but her own kits, and even then it had never come naturally. She had no idea what had come over her. The gesture felt natural, but once she had completed it, it seemed... strange. Then, in a moment of self-consciousness and vague surprise at what she had just done, she shifted her head away. Not pulling away from Poppyshine's embrace, but simply moving back from it, no longer initiating the physical touch. How far they had come from mentor and apprentice... how far from their younger selves. And yet, how much still remained the same.

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: and if it were my last day on earth [c]   and if it were my last day on earth [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

and if it were my last day on earth [c]
Page 1 of 1