Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Unravelling [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [M]oonkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [M] WC Kit
Number of posts : 761

Unravelling [C] Empty
PostSubject: Unravelling [C]   Unravelling [C] EmptyThu 2 May 2024 - 20:16

Nectarflower

Time seemed so slow now that Nectarflower couldn't leave the camp. Since the dog attack, the furthest she'd managed to get was a few tail-lengths outside of Hemlockfox's den and that was with the rude medicine cat's help. Her broken leg hadn't healed much, and she seriously doubted she'd be able or even allowed to do much of anything until it did. Even if she could, she wouldn't want to. So much had happened while she was hurt. It began with the deaths of Heatherfrost. Stoatsnap, and Galestorm. Cloudypetal vanished soon after and, in the wake of this, both Fennelbreeze and Sootstorm had died. It was...surreal, honestly. 

Nectarflower wasn't particular close with her former mentor's kits or even his mate, really, but he was her best friend, her rock. They'd been there for each other through everything and now...he was gone. Just like everyone else. She almost couldn't believe it. Who did she have left now except for Eveningmoon? A few friends, sure, but it wasn't the same. It wasn't even fair. The camp was...so empty now, with none of those familiar faces around to keep things bright.

Rapidfire was a fine warrior, and perhaps it was her own bias and bitterness talking, but no cat could compare to Sootstorm. He'd been such a beacon...an inspiration...and now he was dead. Nectarflower wanted to cry and scream up to StarClan at the cruelty of it all, but found rather quickly that she couldn't even do that. That dog had done a number on her.

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1868

Unravelling [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unravelling [C]   Unravelling [C] EmptyFri 3 May 2024 - 11:05

Kestrelchirp's life had stagnated. Sleepyhollow has disappeared, following in his littermate's footsteps. It had hit Coyotegrin very hard, as the two of them were close. Kestrelchirp loved his sister, of course, but he was more saddened over the loss for his mother. Nectarflower had been injured by a dog, and he wasn't sure if he remembered him visiting after the incident. But he had pulled away, because the pain of hiding his feelings were becoming too much to bare. It seemed as if she had more than enough cats around her that perhaps, his unrequited crush would come off in a way he didn't want it to. Ultimately, above all, Kestrelchirp had always wanted to be her friend. He wouldn't stop doing it just because she had rejected him, but the she-cat had gone through too much to put the weight of his feelings onto her.

The air was thick with growing humidity that Kestrelchirp did not miss as he entered the camp, shooting warm greetings to any cat in his path. After what the clan has went through, he was still attempting to be a shining light. His auburn eyes shifted as he spotted Nectarflower outside of the medicine den, his paws following along as he padded over. She looked so sad. A twinge in his chest forced him to swallow hard, the familiar nerves threatening to steal his voice. Slowing his pace, the warrior neared the injured cat.

"I can help you move somewhere more comfort, if you'd like. " he said with his honey-laced voice, a friendly and charming smile accompanying it. He flicked his tail to a quiet, shady spot. "I can also gather up some moss so the ground is more comfortable." He'd run the entire territory if it meant collecting her a few precious moments of peace. Inching forward, Kestrelchirp nudged her shoulder lightly but playfully with his nose. "I know you've been through a lot, so please don't feel like you need to turn my offer down. It's the least I can do." Pulling back, the tom studied her for any negative reaction.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [M]oonkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [M] WC Kit

Unravelling [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unravelling [C]   Unravelling [C] EmptyMon 6 May 2024 - 23:14

Nectarflower

Nectarflower glanced up, green eyes tired as a voice rumbled overhead. Who was that? Kestrelchirp's familiar face greeted her, and she stared at him for several seconds before finally, a small smile began to split across her maw. He was always so sweet towards her and though his crush was clear as day, she'd never quite been able to bring herself to return his feelings. For the longest time, she'd clung to her love for Weaselfoot but the as the moons passed and seasons came and went, the pain lessened. Her heart healed from the loss, but death still followed her like a shadow. Her kits, her mentor, her friends...love was the last thing on her mind.

The though of finding a new mate in Kestrelchirp seemed impossible. She constantly feared what would happen if he died and, worse, if she ever had kits with him. Would they die too? Like the majority of her first litter had? However, as she stared down death when the dog's teeth clamped around her neck, she found it impossible to ignore how lonely her life had become. She blinked as he nudged her and clamped her jaws shut for a moment, worried that she would blurt out something embarrassing. She was delirious - that was all.

"I...that would be nice." She meowed softly after several moments of hesitation. A nest under the stars sounded blissful after being stuck in Hemlockfox's den for so long. It wouldn't be her nest by her fellow warriors, but in all honestly, Nectarflower doubted she'd get a chance to sleep in that nest again anyway. "Maybe some room for you too? It's been...a while since we spent time together." The tortoiseshell paused for a moment, throat tight as she caught her breath, then continued. "Maybe I should get hurt more often?" She joked.

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1868

Unravelling [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unravelling [C]   Unravelling [C] EmptyTue 21 May 2024 - 12:24

The handsome warrior studied her as thoughts seemed to race through her, before she spoke, accepting his offer. He moved to help support her against his body, his pelt flush with heat at her offer for him to sit with her, followed by her joke of injury. Carefully, he helped Nectarflower along until his chosen, cozy spot was reached. He settled her down, then sat a hair length away from the molly before speaking.

"I- I don't like seeing you injured, so perhaps you should avoid it." He mused quietly before silence fell upon the pair. Clearing his throat, the tom broke the silence. "I- I have something to confess, Nectarflower." He said in his honey-smooth voice, refusing to make eye contact and studying a blade of grass in front of him. "I have loved you for many moons, since we used to play in the flower fields. The flowers, they were also so beautiful, but their beauty compares nothing to you. I never wanted to impose myself upon you, I know you have faced many loss. But each day, the sun rises and it sets and nothing the sun provides in its glow compares to the dazzling glow of your soul." He swallowed, his heart tumbling through his throat like a trapped mice. "Seeing you in pain is so difficult, when all I want to do is wrap myself around you and let you sleep peacefully. If I was there, when the dog attacked you, I would gladly have thrown myself into his maw for you." The tomntrailed off, shuffling his paws before daring a glance at Nectarflower.

"I- I'm sorry if that's too forward." He whispered, throat tight.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Unravelling [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unravelling [C]   Unravelling [C] EmptyWed 22 May 2024 - 19:11

Nectarflower

Nectarflower fell silent as Kestrelchirp helped her to her paws, her face twisted in a grimace as the movement sent pain sparking through her broken leg. The tom was careful, though, not to hurt her, but she was still glad to sink back to the ground and let her leg rest once more. Kestrelchirp was quiet for a moment, and she stared at the ground uncertainly. Now that he'd seen her like this, would he be disappointed in her? Larchpaw most certainly was, and she couldn't find it in her to even blame him. She would've felt the same in his paws.

Finally, he spoke again, and the tortoiseshell she-cat lifted her head to meet his gaze, expression pinched. Well, getting hurt wasn't exactly her favorite past-time...especially when the damage was so severe. However, she wouldn't have done a thing differently if it meant keeping Larchpaw safe. Sacrificing herself for him was a small price to pay. Besides, it wasn't like the dog had killed her - she was just a little banged up. Though, as the other warrior continued, Nectarflower blinked, her previous thoughts and concerns forgotten. He...loved her? Even now? 

They were always close, sure, and she knew he'd always harbored feelings for her, but to say that he loved her? She'd had a mate before and even kits. She would likely never return to the life of a warrior and none of that bothered him? Nectarflower's jaw fell open and she gaped at Kestrelchirp for several long moments after he finished speaking, her heart pounding painfully in her chest. It seemed heartless to take a mate after Weaselfoot, but it had been seasons since his death. Eveningmoon was a warrior now and, besides, maybe it was time to finally allow herself to move on? Maybe she hadn't been delirious earlier - maybe it was possible.

"I..." Her jaws opened and closed soundlessly for several long moments before, finally, Nectarflower smiled. Words couldn't seem to come to her, so she shifted to press herself carefully against the tom's side, a purr building in her throat. "It's okay." She meowed softly. "I knew...I've known for a while. I was just scared, after everything." Her eyes watered so she closed them and continued. "You've always been there for me, your jokes and the way you brighten the camp every day-" She paused, throat constricting.

It was still difficult to speak for too long, but after a couple of deep breaths, Nectarflower continued. "The thought of letting this, us, become something more terrifies me. I can't lose someone else." However, a future where they never got even the chance to be together scared her even more. "But I think it would be worse to never experience what we could be."

[Firepaw] SkC Apprentice
[Moonkit] WC Kit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unravelling [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unravelling [C]   Unravelling [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Unravelling [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp-
Jump to: