Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [M]oonkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [M] WC Kit
Number of posts : 729

Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey   Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 4 Apr 2024 - 10:36

Hemlockfox

When Sootstorm came to Hemlockfox the day before stating that his apprentice, Stoatpaw was ready to visit the Moonstone, Hemlockfox almost groaned. The last trip to the Moonstone had been a bore and this one was bound to be no different. Though, it was interesting to be guiding Stoatpaw who was not only the deputy's apprentice, but his son too. It was an unconventional pairing, but Hemlockfox remembered when Sunfire had been his mentor all those moons ago. There was a certain comfort in having his father there to guide him through his apprenticeship. However, looking back on those memories brought back none of the warmth they'd once been associated with. Briefly, Hemlockfox wondered if it was the same for Stoatpaw.

Had the forced proximity put a strain on their bond like it had with him and Sunfire? Did Stoatpaw, too, grow tired of always being under his father's watchful eye? Though, it wasn't really fair to compare what were likely entirely different situations. With a huff, he quickly brushed away the curious train of thought to focus on the task before him. Every second he spent away from his sisters made his heart twist and these frivolous duties only kept him from far more important tasks like getting his littermates out of SkyClan and away from Sunfire. 

Frowning seriously, Hemlockfox trotted towards where the apprentices slept and looked around for the somewhat familiar tom. He'd gotten better at recognizing these WindClanners, but not by much. Finally, he spotted Stoatpaw. Herbs clutched gently in his jaws, the medicine cat inched around the other sleeping apprentices until he was at Stoatpaw's nest, where he dropped the small bundle. "Get up. I'll be taking you to the Moonstone tonight. And eat these." He meowed; voice quiet but hardly gentle. Then, with a flick of his tail for the young tom to follow him, Hemlockfox turned and led the way out of the camp.

---(Timeskip)---

Just like last time, the journey was hardly worth talking about but, in no time at all, the glittering Moonstone was before them. The walk seemed shorter with every trip, but even so, Hemlockfox couldn't bring himself to admit that it was nice being so close to Highstones. Shaking out his coat, the tom looked back at Stoatpaw as he entered the cavern behind him, blue eyes glinting in the dim light. "Lie down, touch your nose to the Moonstone, and try to sleep." He said quickly, pelt itching. He needed to get this over with. "StarClan will come to you when you're ready and I'll be here when you wake up. Go on now."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey   Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 7 Apr 2024 - 17:00

STOATPAW
When Hemlockfox came searching for him, he was ready. Stoatpaw had been grooming his pelt in his den, waiting patiently for either a warrior to approach him, or the Clan's new medicine cat so that he could venture off to the Moonstone. The distance between WindClan and Mothermouth was short to him, compared to what the apprentices in other Clans had to travel, and he was reluctant to swallow down the herbs offered due to this fact. However, rather than arguing, he did so.

Arguing with Hemlockfox was not something he wanted to do today. Keeping his trap shut the entire way was what made the journey palatable to begin with. None of Hemlockfox's snooty behavior, and none of Stoatpaw sharing his opinions on his new Clanmate. Just a good old fashioned journey to the Moonstone.

He did not waste any time in approaching it when the previous SkyClanner directed him to share tongues. Stoatpaw quickly crouched down and pressed his nose to the cold surface of the stone, stifling a hiss of annoyance at the shocking shift in temperature.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6726

PostSubject: Re: Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey   Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024 - 11:15

Quailfeather waited eagerly for her next chance to speak with someone. Much as she loved running circles around her enormous family here in the stars, there was a warmth and energy that nothing but mortality held. Stars knew it had been long enough since she'd been down there, filled with that much youth and vigor. She'd died as a tired old elder, too mangled to even make it out of her den before the flood swept in and filled her lungs. But that had been long ago. She was here to speak to the living about the living, not about the dead. And boy... what an interesting apprentice she had to speak with, today. It was kind of StarClan not to give her someone boring. Stoatpaw was very, very interesting. They had a few similarities--the children of leadership, full of strength and vigor, full of pride, headstrong, ambitious, upset with how life didn't give them what they wanted. But that ambition seemed to be consuming Stoatpaw from the inside out, rather than guiding him upward to improvement. Hopefully she could help redirect his path, if even slightly.

The starry echo in which she waited for him to awaken was a mirror copy of WindClan's territory below--perhaps slightly different, with a few hills lower or higher, from the gradual eroding of sediments during the years since her death. But the sun shone down with the warmth of greenleaf, waking him with a gentle light that would hopefully help soothe a little bit. Sitting atop the highest hill was a tall, lithe form. A StarClan cat. A warrior. She appeared as she had in her prime: thin light gray fur, with one dark stripe down her spine and bengal speckles along her back, one white paw and the tip of her tail. Dark ears, long whiskers framing a confident tabby-striped face. Sky-blue eyes shone with life when they met Stoatpaw's--despite the fact that the stars set deep in her pelt indicated that she had not been alive, not for quite some time. "Hey there," she said warmly when he arrived. "The name's Quailfeather. I was the son of Smokepelt, deputy of WindClan--which made Ashstar, the leader, my grandmother. But that was ages ago. It's nice to meet you, Stoatpaw."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey   Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 12:11

STOATPAW
Oh.

StarClan had sent him a cat that was born to similar fates as himself. Stoatpaw studied this cat as he blinked the sleep away from his eyes, staying on the lush green ground while he could. It wasn't like he would get another chance to visit StarClan when he became a warrior. Stoatpaw was not a medicine cat apprentice and he'd sooner fall into a creek and drown before he performed those duties.

"Hello." He dipped his head in respectful greeting. What would she teach him? What guidance would Quailfeather provide him that would last him his entire lifetime? He rose to his paws, his tail swishing steadily across the blades of grass, beginning to approach the starry-furred molly. "It's nice to meet you, too, Quailfeather."

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6726

PostSubject: Re: Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey   Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024 - 12:29

Well, this one was polite, if nothing else. Quailfeather grinned at Stoatpaw, her thin tail waving behind her. Hopefully the courtesy wasn't just surface-level... because the advice she had to give might be a little bit difficult to swallow. "The reason I brought that up wasn't so that you'd respect me more, or anything. It was mostly to show you that I know what I'm talking about. I've been in the places you have; I've experienced some similar feelings. So this advice comes from a place of care, but also a place of knowledge." Now... how to phrase this? Stars knew she didn't want to sound preachy. "Having cats who are close to you also be figures of power is... complicated. On one paw you love them and want them to succeed, and respect them like nothing else. But on the other paw, you see how their responsibilities tear them away from you, and you wish you could have that much more of their attention and focus. It's hard not to feel neglected, sometimes. And it's okay to feel that way. You just need to not let it consume you." Easier said than done, she thought to herself bitterly, remembering when her father had nearly decided to kill her brother on a power trip. No wonder he and her sister had gone to become kittypets. Stars... she missed Ryecloud and Kindleblaze. She blinked the thought away, though, and returned to her current purpose. Giving advice.

"That's not all, though. When your father's the deputy, you see how well he's doing... but you also see the mistakes he makes." The selfishness, the loss of self in power, the pride that puffed up in Smokepelt's chest when he'd gone unchallenged for so long. Quailfeather's tail lashed once behind her. "You see the mistakes. And since you see them from up close, you think to yourself... I could do better. And that's a dangerous line of thinking." Light blue eyes pierced into Stoatpaw's gaze, considering him carefully. She saw a lot of herself in him. Too much. Hopefully he would listen. "Is it possible, that you could do better? Perhaps--but every cat has flaws. You may be able to see your father's flaws, but you're often blind to your own. The leader is ultimately in charge. If Tigerstar did not think Sootstorm was worthy, he would demote him--and the word of the leader is law. Don't let yourself get too inflated with pride and ambition. Ambition can be good. You want to serve your Clan, and there's nothing wrong with that. But don't get caught up in the trap of thinking you could do better. That path leads nowhere good. If the time comes that you get power, then you'll get it. Otherwise, you might spend your entire life as just a warrior of WindClan. Learn to accept that reality. Then if you ever become more, it can be a pleasant surprise rather than an inevitability. I was a warrior and an elder, but never a deputy--and that was okay. Could I have done better than Brindlestar? Maybe, but I didn't, and so I wasn't." Looking at Stoatpaw, she realized it wasn't just herself she was seeing reflected. It was also Laurelsong. Her daughter, so bright and skilled and ambitious, who'd flown too far from the sun... and who now had been cast down to eternal darkness. Her daughter that she would never see again. Quailfeather's expression remained serious as she looked down at the apprentice before her. "Know your limits, as well as the limits imposed on you, and accept them. Do you understand?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey   Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Stoatpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1