Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Chasing Butterflies [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 204

Chasing Butterflies [C] Empty
PostSubject: Chasing Butterflies [C]   Chasing Butterflies [C] EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 19:56

SMOKEYKITi need you so much closer . . .
he/him - shadowclan kit
Smokeykit spent most of his days carelessly batting around a mossball or delicately organizing the nursery, lately unenthused and ready to get his apprentice name. Life as a kit was just so boring - he wasn't allowed outside of camp, and scarcely allowed outside of the nursery without permission, in spite of the fact that his claws and teeth were very much pointy and his ears and eyes were very much developed. Leopardstar was certainly protective, but he knew he could be useful if she would just give him a mentor. The small kit sighed, a sigh much too heavy for his three moons, and plopped himself down just outside the entrance to his family's den.

Bored. He was so bored. There was nothing to - oh. Smokeykit's ears perked up as a small movement caught his attention out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head, little white paws itching with excitement as the movement became clear - a butterfly! The bright orange insect fluttered closer to him, headed past him to a blooming bush beside the nursery. Smokeykit smiled, watching the brilliantly colored butterfly float in his direction. Perfect. He quietly got into a sloppy hunter's crouch, gathering his legs beneath him and wiggling his rear as he prepared to leap. I'm gonna get you, little butterfly! 

He bunched his hind legs tighter and launched his little body into the air, soaring toward the creature in a less-than-impressive leap. As the smoke-furred tom landed, he looked underneath his front paws to where his prize should've been - and growled as he realized he'd come up empty-pawed. A quick glance upward confirmed his miss, the small butterfly floating around as though nothing had happened. Smokeykit blinked, his frustration growing. Leopardstar and Sablestrike would never make him an apprentice if he couldn't even catch a butterfly! Tail lashing, the tuxedo tom sprung forward again, hasty in his anger, and found himself crashing into something solid and very much furry. A Clanmate. Who dared get in his way? Sure, he hadn't looked where he was going, but didn't any cat keep to themselves around here?

Spitting out fur, Smokeykit shook his head and looked up at the cat, huffing.  "Who are you and why did you ruin my catch?" He accused, looking up at the strange molly with feisty blue eyes.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2966

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Butterflies [C]   Chasing Butterflies [C] EmptyMon 1 Apr 2024 - 12:20

Pineblossom

Pineblossom was happy to get ready for her border patrol with Fernpaw before they left in a little while. It was a nice day and even at night, the air did not hold quite the same heavy chill as it had in leafbare—even better at sunset as it was now and the heat warmed their camp. She was just passing the nursery when suddenly something leapt onto her and earned a short yowl of surprise. She spun around, eyes wide, and found a kit shouting up at her.

It took her a moment of just blinking down at him for her fur to relax down her spine and realize what had happened. She was used to kits getting into mischief after her own litter, so she relaxed fully. This was…Smokeykit, if she recalled correctly. One of Leopardstar’s children.

“I didn’t realize that I was in the way of your catch,” she replied. Her voice was kind, but she was not going to actually apologize. Smokeykit would have to learn to be aware of his surroundings; though he would learn that properly when he was an apprentice. “I’m Pineblossom.” She looked over her shoulder and spotted the butterfly fluttering about. “Is that what you were trying to catch?”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Butterflies [C]   Chasing Butterflies [C] EmptyTue 2 Apr 2024 - 21:19

he/him - shadowclan kit
Smokeykit's eyes narrowed as he took in the molly before him. The dark she-cat practically towered over him, and he'd be lying if he said his nose wasn't a little bit sore after crashing into her legs. He shook out his fur and sat down, curling his tail around his paws neatly. He was still a proper tom, after all. 

"Sorry," he meowed begrudgingly. He did feel bad - if she truly hadn't meant to get in his way, then it was his fault. He wouldn't stoop to the same level as his heathen siblings. "I'm Smokeykit, on account of my fur is so smokey looking. I was..." The grey tom sighed and lashed his tail, glaring up at the butterfly. It fluttered about near him, but just out of reach - almost mocking the poor tom-kit. "They're just so fast! Hey, you're a warrior. You could teach me how to hunt!" He suggested brightly, a spark alight in his gaze.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2966

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Butterflies [C]   Chasing Butterflies [C] EmptyWed 10 Apr 2024 - 9:08

Pineblossom

Smokeykit was young, but he showed a lot of enthusiasm, in his own quieter way. It was clearest when he asked Pineblossom to teach him how to hunt, and so how was she to say no? It may not turn out as magically as he imagined, but she would assist regardless.

“Butterflies are a difficult bug to try and catch. They can move vertically more than we can. Perhaps if we were SkyClan cats, but we are not.” She watched the butterfly flutter away and then looked around. She pointed with a paw towards a different bug, a little beetle that was bumbling along on the ground. “There’s an easier one to start with. You want to keep low to the ground while you hunt and move carefully. Sudden movements will startle your prey. When you are close enough, you spring at it and land your paws on it to trap it. With full prey you would bite it to kill it, but let’s try just catching the beetle.”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Butterflies [C]   Chasing Butterflies [C] EmptySat 27 Apr 2024 - 0:12

he/him - shadowclan kit
A beetle, huh? That seemed easy enough. Unless she was directing him toward it because she thought he wasn't good enough. He frowned. No, she wouldn't waste her time trying to teach him if she thought that - or at least, he wouldn't, in her position.

"Tch. I'm glad we're not SkyClan cats. They're a buncha birdeaters!" Smokeykit stuck out his tongue, losing his decorum for a moment. Then, seemingly remembering himself, he followed her paw to the beetle. It seemed completey unaware, ambling along the ground without even noticing the predators lurking above it. His eyes narrowed, watching it move. Sudden movements will startle your prey. Smokeykit hung on to her every word, taking a mental note for the day he was finally an apprentice. "That seems easy enough." He reasoned, though his pupils widened as he watched the insect.

The grey-furred tom moved into a sloppy version of a crouch, too focused on the beetle to correct his stance. He stalked forward carefully, placing each foot as quietly as he could, hoping he could catch the beetle and maybe even impress her. His whiskers twitched with excitement, and when he felt close enough, he waggled his hindquarters and pounced!  Did I get it? Did I get it? Smokeykit's tail flicked with excitement as he lifted his paws. The small brown bug scurried out from under them immediately, and he turned to face Pineblossom with a huge, dorky grin. "I did it! I did it! Er - I mean, ahem, thank you, ma'am." He straightened up, seeming to remember himself. His azure eyes widened as an idea seemed to come to him. "I wish you could be my mentor, ma'am. I'd be the strongest warrior in the whole forest!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chasing Butterflies [C]   Chasing Butterflies [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Chasing Butterflies [C]
Page 1 of 1