Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

embarrassing older brother (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

embarrassing older brother (c) Empty
PostSubject: embarrassing older brother (c)   embarrassing older brother (c) EmptySat 2 Mar 2024 - 21:13

Dovetail was fairly quiet, as far as the warriors of RiverClan went. He wasn't overly sociable nor overly antisocial. Mostly he did whatever was asked of him, went on patrols, held inoffensive conversations. But whenever he had free time, his eyes were always on his friend Murkyriver, his brother, and his sisters. It was second nature; he couldn't help it. He was always worried about their well-being. Whether they were getting enough to eat. Whether they got a thorn in their paw on the walk. Whether they weren't feeling well. And any time someone needed his help, he would be nearby. Of course, when observing the same few cats as often as he did, there were very few things that escaped his notice... and lately, he'd been noticing something troubling. He wasn't the only tom keeping an eye out for Pigeonpaw. At almost every turn--the fresh-kill pile, patrols, the apprentice's den--another pair of eyes followed her. And, with a narrow glare, Dovetail took note. Scarletpaw. Murkyriver's apprentice. Pigeonpaw's... friend, perhaps. He'd been the one who'd gotten lost with her. He knew little about the tom, other than Murkyriver mentioning how disrespectful he'd been to her at the mentor-reassignment ceremony, and the way that he lurked near Pidge like a second shadow. And Dovetail didn't like either of those things. To be frank, it sat uneasily under his pelt. It itched at him, raised his hackles, caused him to flick an annoyed ear whenever he caught sight of the bothersome apprentice near his sister again. So he supposed he ought to do something about it.

One frigid afternoon, when the sky was clear and the air felt like it bit through any fur to get straight to the bones, Pigeonpaw was out on a patrol. Scarletpaw had probably finished his duties for the day, judging by how he was shivering by the fresh-kill pile. Now was as good a time as any. Dovetail had been wearing his fox pelt all day to help with the icy leaf-bare wind, and he felt no reason to take it off now; for once, it might actually help if the tom found him intimidating. The stocky warrior padded up to the fresh-kill pile, pale-blue eyes locked on his target's pelt. No one else was around to stop him, and Pidge wasn't here to wail in embarrassment or annoyance. He allowed the head of the fox pelt to shadow his eyes menacingly as he approached, taking a seat by Scarletpaw without any ado. Silently he groomed one of his front paws for a moment. Then he turned, staring at the scrawny young apprentice. "So," he said bluntly, "why have you been following my sister around?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

PostSubject: Re: embarrassing older brother (c)   embarrassing older brother (c) EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 23:30

Scarletpaw shuffled awkwardly as Dovetail cornered him, head covered by the admittedly somewhat intimidating figure of a fox's pelt. He was aware of the warrior--aware of most of his Clanmates, actually, whether or not he called them by name--but hadn't expected to be singled out. Especially not now, when the weather had him shivering and when it seemed to dig deeper into the space where his fur had never grown back.

Dovetail was one of the quieter ones--more difficult to read--but Scarletpaw knew that he was one of Pigeonpaw's many siblings, and had sometimes seen him with his second mentor. Murkyriver; the ThunderClanner.

"P-pigeonpaw?" he very nearly squeaked, rather than any approximation of speaking.

There wasn't any other cat he hovered in the vicinity of as a sort of shadow, really; it was only her that it could have been.

His best and only friend.

"Why wouldn't I be around her? She's my friend," he said, trying not to feel particularly defensive and finding it wasn't working very well. He should have expected this some time ago, really: he didn't deserve her tolerance, let alone her friendship, and it was only a matter of time before someone noticed; even if Pigeonpaw herself seemed oblivious to that fact. But as long as she would have him, he would remain. "You worry about her, don't you?"

Her siblings were bound to worry. It was what had given him peace when they reunited with RiverClan. But they also hadn't been there in the moment, hadn't felt the shadows grow hot and heavy and violent; hadn't been bitten or clawed by some unseen monster, alone in the storm that never seemed to end.

(He wondered if Pigeonpaw thought about that.

He tried not to, personally, and also tried not to talk about it.)

you don’t know love, you just show love —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: embarrassing older brother (c)   embarrassing older brother (c) EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 18:53

The little apprentice was intimidated by him--something that pleased Dovetail, for some reason that he could not quite put a paw on, though he tried not to show it. He squeaked, his eyes darted around, he bristled almost at the question. Not a very faith-inspiring reaction. Dovetail's eyes narrowed. "I believe there's a difference between being around a friend and shadowing Pidge's every movement even when she's talking to someone else," he pointed out, lashing his tail once behind him. Murkyriver lurked near him in a similar fashion, though he saw no reason to point that out. Though now he got to thinking about it, what did that mean? It wasn't the point of this interaction, though, so he filed the strange thought away for later. "Even if you do only have one friend--" the tone of his voice implied this was pathetic, despite the glass nature of his own house-- "then it's not normally polite to follow her around like a second shadow. And... you are only friends with her, aren't you?" Here, he leaned forward slightly, looming over the younger tom even more. His pale blue eyes gleamed beneath the shadow of his fox pelt. "I sincerely hope, for your sake, that it isn't anything more than a friendship."

Then he pulled back a little bit, glancing nonchalantly away to groom one of his large paws again. Hopefully that had dissuaded any strange thoughts from Scarletpaw. Then, with a sigh, he answered the question. "Yes. I do worry about her. Her, and all of my siblings. It's the job of a brother to protect her from any threats. Now that she's safe here, I don't intend to let anything bad happen to her." Here his head turned once more, locking eyes with the other tom. "Anything bad," he repeated slowly, a hint of a growl at the end of his words. Implying that if Scarletpaw were to somehow become a threat, then he would not remain so for long.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

PostSubject: Re: embarrassing older brother (c)   embarrassing older brother (c) EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 9:23

Scarletpaw studied Dovetail, his intimidating pelt and the growl in his voice, and swiftly assessed that while he clearly did care for his sister, he did not like Scarletpaw. And as such, Scarletpaw decided in that moment he was not going to like or trust Dovetail.

Instead, he narrowed his eyes. "She's my friend," he repeated. No matter how much he wished it was more than that, he didn't deserve her; and he knew it. "And we'll be friends for as long as she wants to keep me around."

Why would I want to ruin that, and risk getting my ears torn off by some overprotective brother while I was at it?

"We went through a lot together."

He could have explained further. Could have described the terror of being lost in the storm, of feeling the hot breath and sharp teeth of a massive beast in near-complete darkness. But Scarletpaw had no interest in offering explanations to a cat who clearly wasn't willing to listen.

"I want to make sure she's safe."

And that was all the elaboration Dovetail would be getting out of him on that particular subject.

Still, as annoyed as he was and as much as he had decided he did not like Dovetail, he could sort of understand the warrior feeling protective of his little sister. If Violetpaw were still around, would he be the same way?

you don’t know love, you just show love —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: embarrassing older brother (c)   embarrassing older brother (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

embarrassing older brother (c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: