Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Holding On

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Myrtlebloom - Skyclan //// Sycamorepaw - Windclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Skyclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Windclan - Apprentice
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 294

Holding On Empty
PostSubject: Holding On   Holding On EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 22:34

Myrtlebloom
Tier 1 Warrior | Skyclan | She/Her

Once the wounded warriors were in the medicine den, all the other warriors seemed to settle and make their ways to their nests. It had been a long, tiring day and the clan needed it's rest. So Myrtleblooom made her way into the warriors' den to settle in. She laid in her nest for a while staring at Honeydew's empty spot. The young warrior was still in the medicine den, due to the severity of her wounds. Myrtlebloom tucked her tail over her face and drifted off to sleep.

It wasn't long after Myrtlebloom drifted off to sleep, that she was awaken by a wailing. The noise was from the dream, no, nightmare she just had. Myrtlebloom released the grasp her claws had on her nest, stood up and stretched. Maybe some fresh air would help ease her nerves. As she made her way out of the den, she noticed the camp seemed to be quite eerie. Was it from the smell of blood that still lingered in the air or was she still uneasy from the war that took place at their border. She squinted her eyes in the direction that the patrol came back from. What if Thunderclan and Riverclan planned a second attack and came back while they were sleeping?

Myrtlebloom shook that thought out of her head. Her eyes landed on the medicine den. She glanced around and then quietly made her way into the den. In a dark corner she could make out Honeydew's light-colored pelt and her shallowing breathing. She hunched down and crept over to her friend. "Oh, Honeydew." Myrtlebloom silently cried out. A tear landed on Honeydew's cheek as Myrtlebloom curled up beside her and started grooming the remaining blood out of her friend's pelt. The tangy bitter taste of blood made her nose curl in disgust, but she couldn't stand seeing in in the other warrior's fur.

The gash on Honeydew's leg caught Myrtlebloom's attention and she probably stared a few moments too long before she continued removing dried blood. She knew Honeydew would get better. Even now the young warrior's breathing was much better than it had been when she was brought into camp. Myrtlebloom looked back at her friend who was sleeping peacefully. She knew better than to wake her friend, so instead she laid her head down beside her and waited till dawn.

Discord: ChaoticCrow  | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

Myrtlebloom of Skyclan Art:

Sycamorepaw of Windclan Art:

Last edited by ChaoticCrow on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 16:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

Holding On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding On   Holding On EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 17:33

Honeydew

Honeydew woke with a jolting start, promptly pulling her muscles too much and letting out a pained hiss. Another one of those nightmares, she thought exhaustedly. They had been haunting her since the battle, and she knew they would likely continue. She opened her eyes and flinched as she was staring straight into the eyes of another cat...

"Myrtlebloom?" Honeydew mewed groggily, her fur lying flat. "By the stars, I thought for a moment..." ...I was being attacked. The young warrior shook her head and relaxed her shoulders, allowing herself to slump back into her nest. "How long have you been here?" she asked her friend, admittedly relieved to have the company. She leaned over to a small pile of herbs that had been prepared for her the night before, and lapped some up on her tongue. She scrunched her nose against the bitter taste and licked her lips distastefully. "Blech. They really don't ever get any better," she joked, her tired blue eyes hinting at a glimmer of amusement.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Myrtlebloom - Skyclan //// Sycamorepaw - Windclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Skyclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Windclan - Apprentice
Pisces Snake

Holding On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding On   Holding On EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 18:07

Myrtlebloom

"Oh, I didn't mean to startle you Honeydew." Myrtlebloom's multicolored eye's met Honeydew's sleepy blue gaze. "I uh... been here for a little while. Not terribly long." She lied sheepishly. Myrtlebloom was not a good liar, but she didn't want Honeydew to worry about her either. She watched as her friend lapped up the herbs that had been prepared for her. "Sometimes they smell better than they taste." A chuckle escaped her lips when Honeydew scrunched up her nose.

The rays of early morning sunshine peeked inside the den, highlighting the wound on Honeydew's leg. Once again Myrtlebloom caught herself staring, except this time she noticed how deep the wound was. "I'm sorry you ended up in that battle Honeydew." She said turning her attention away from the wound. She peered around the den uncomfortably; She wanted to know what happened in the battle, but she didn't want to make Honeydew live the battle all over again.

Last edited by ChaoticCrow on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 16:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

Holding On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding On   Holding On EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 9:17

Honeydew

Honeydew's head tilted at her friend's tone. She looked exhausted, but the injured warrior didn't pry. She was just thankful for Myrtlebloom's company this morning. She was pleased to see that her attempt to lift the mood helped, even if only slightly. But the somber atmosphere returned as Myrtlebloom scrutinized her injuries, and spoke again of the battle. Every cat wants to know what happened, she realized. They deserve to know.

"It's not your fault, Myrtlebloom," she assured her friend. "It is a risk we all must take when we speak our vows when we become a warrior. I've always wanted to be a strong SkyClan warrior that my clanmates could be proud of." The words felt hollow on her tongue compared to the frightening and traumatic memory of the vicious battle and the scent of blood. She certainly didn't even feel proud enough of herself, let alone for others to be proud of her. Participating in such needless violence and perpetuating the cycle of bloodshed only made Honeydew feel like a failure. If this continued, SkyClan would be led into a blood-soaked future, and eventually the other clans in the forest would defeat them or drive them out.

"The battle was horrific," she admitted. "I've never been good at using my claws, and during the battle, I felt like a different cat entirely. I couldn't think, and I couldn't speak. I fought a ThunderClan warrior named Silverdusk, and I am pleased to say that she fought honorably." Her eyes flickered away. "...Unlike some other cats," she added. "There was so much blood and far too many deaths." Her eyes found and held Myrtlebloom's now. "And near-deaths." Perhaps the young warrior would think Honeydew was referencing herself. After all, Honeydew had lost consciousness not long after learning her opponent's name, and only regained consciousness when she was already back in camp. She had lost so much blood, and that is why she was stuck in this nest for StarClan knew how long.

"I'm glad you weren't there, Myrtlebloom," she mewed softly. "Bad things happened that I wish I couldn't remember." She laid her head on the side of her nest, wincing at the memories.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Pisces Snake

Holding On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding On   Holding On EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 11:48

Myrtlebloom

Myrtlebloom sat quietly as her friend spoke about the battle. She watched Honeydew closely and noticed how her words seemed to fall flat. The young warrior's eyes held not only pain but sadness as well. "I know it is our duty after we said our vows, I just..." Her words trailed off as she stood, "I just wish it hadn't been you." Her muscles ached and twitched from laying down so long, so Myrtlebloom stretched and walked around a bit before sitting back down near Honeydew. "I want you to know I am proud of you Honeydew. You're the bravest and most honorable cat I know."

"I'm sure you fought hard out there, and that is all any cat can ask from you. I can't begin to imagine how you felt and I won't try to either. The cats who lost their lives, lost them over foolishness and the cats responsible for their deaths should feel ashamed." Myrtlebloom lowly growled. Her words came out harsher than she intended but she hadn't spoken a word about how she truly felt to any cat.

Now knowing that her friend would be forever plagued by memories of a senseless battle, just added fuel to the fire. Her tail lashed across the ground behind her, and her eyes burned with anger. She wouldn't say it out-loud, but she wished she was at that battle. She wished she was there to fight beside her friend. If she was, maybe Honeydew wouldn't be stuck in this den, and she would be in the warrior's den instead. She watched as Honeydew winced, 'What is going through her mind?' Myrtlebloom's expression softened, and she laid beside the white and orange she-cat again. "There is nothing we can do to change the past and I'm sorry for that. I hope things can go back to normal now." She murmured burying her face in Honeydew's shoulder.

Last edited by ChaoticCrow on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 16:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

Holding On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding On   Holding On EmptyTue 5 Mar 2024 - 8:06

Honeydew

Honeydew leaned into her friend, absorbing every word uttered by the sweet young she-cat. To have so many cats, including Myrtlebloom be so worried about her, made Honeydew feel filled with love. She would do the same if it were any of her beloved clanmates.

"It if hadn't been me," she mewed, picking her words carefully, "then it would have been one of my clanmates. It could have been you, or Bubblebeam, or Mallowpaw, Yewpaw, or any of you - and I couldn't live with that, I don't think," she purred, nuzzling Myrtlebloom's soft fur. "I would do it over again if I knew it meant you would be safe." It was strange to realize that she meant that, despite her fear and aversion to battle and blood. As awful as the event was, Honeydew would do it ten times again, if only to keep her loved ones safe.

Honeydew was surprised to hear that Myrtlebloom felt the same as her about the bloodshed. She found herself nodding along in agreement as she spoke, almost as though the words were taken right from her own lips.

"You're right - and hopefully now that it's over, all three clans can start over." Her heart was heavy with the losses each clan must have experienced - two clans including her own lost their leaders, ushering in a brand new era for each of them. All clans lost cats they cared about over the cruel actions of the few. "Myrtlebloom, it's cats like us who need to represent the change for our clan. We can help build SkyClan up into a respectable clan again, one that isn't just known for its bloodstained past. We can show the clans we are honorable and reasonable." She leaned forward to give her friend a lick across the forehead. "It might not feel like we can do much, but the more of us there are, the more possible it will be."

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Pisces Snake

Holding On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding On   Holding On EmptyTue 5 Mar 2024 - 21:01

Myrtlebloom

Myrtlebloom knew Skyclan had a not so honorable past of its own, and Honeydew was right, change laid at their paw. All they need to do is work towards making a better tomorrow for everyone in the clan. She just hoped Riverclan and Thunderclan felt the same way.

Her mind wandered off to her other clanmates, who were not so noble. There was a shadow the lingered behind a few of the clan cats, that had not gone unnoticed from the young warrior. Myrtlebloom had learned a lot by keeping to herself and watching the cats around her. She wouldn’t deny she also had her own shadow that threatened to make an appearance if she ever let her guard down.

She turned was brought out of her thoughts when Honeydew rasped her tongue across Myrtlebloom’s forehead. A slight look of shock came across her face, before turning into a smile. “I guess I should let you get some rest before the other cats wake up.” Myrtlebloom gently mewed as she looked towards the medicine den’s entrance. The darkness was lifting, and it wouldn’t be long before her clanmates would be up and moving around. “You focus on getting better, ok? The warrior’s den isn’t the same without you.” She purred while pressing and holding her head against Honeydew’s for a moment before slipping out of the den into the remaining darkness.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holding On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding On   Holding On Empty

Back to top Go down

Holding On
Page 1 of 1