Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [M]oonkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [M] WC Kit
Number of posts : 726

Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty28/2/2024, 5:26 pm

Hemlockfox

Hemlockfox gathered a small collection of travelling herbs in his maw and swept out of the medicine den, his gaze trained on Yewpaw's pelt. He didn't really know the younger tom that well...or at all really, but regardless, it was his duty to guide him to the Moonstone to commune with their ancestors. Setting the herbs down with a grunt, the medicine cat looked down at Yewpaw, his tail flicking. "It's time for you to visit the Moonstone." He meowed gruffly. "Eat up and meet me by outside of the camp when you're ready." He looked the apprentice up and down, then turned and walked away. This journey would be far less enjoyable than when he'd led his sister to the Moonstone, but at least he wasn't travelling with Thymelight today.

He frowned at the thought of the other medicine cat and closed his eyes. Their relationship was worse than ever. After their last conversation, she'd been more distant than usual and, frankly, he wasn't sure how to mend things. Was he even supposed to? Would there even be a point in trying? Once Yewpaw had gotten ready and joined him, Hemlockfox shook himself from his thoughts. With an inclination of his head, he gestured for the young tom to follow him. "Let's get going. It's a long journey and we want to be there by moonhigh." 

---

The dark cavern of Mothermouth yawned open before the two toms and Hemlockfox stepped closer, his blue eyes glinting in the moonlight. "Stick close to me. The tunnel is narrow, but we'll be through quickly." With that, he descended into the dim tunnel, guiding Yewpaw further into the depths of the mountain. Surely enough, as the tunnel sloped downward, the light began to fade completely and the stone walls swiftly began to close in around them. Though, as they continued, it began to open up before, finally, they reached cavern that housed the Moonstone.

With a jerk of his head, Hemlockfox nodded to a spot on the ground in front of the Moonstone. "Lie down now and touch your nose to the stone. Starclan will come to you in your dreams then." Sighing, he settled down a few tail-lengths away, his gaze disinterested. Each journey was the same as the last and really only served to take away precious time with his family. "I'll be here when you wake." He added after a moment, then rested his chin on his paws, waiting eagerly for Yewpaw to get on with it. He had little patience tonight.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty3/3/2024, 8:43 am

Yewpaw tried to swallow his irritation and reluctantly picked at the herbs scattered at his paws. He felt the weight of Hemlockfox's gaze, and he nodded silently. He couldn't help but feel a pang of frustration at the lack of effort from the tom, especially when it came to establishing any sort of rapport. It made him feel awful.

Once he was ready and they departed, he fell into step behind the medicine cat. He maintained a reasonable distance and remained quiet. The journey only fueled his resentment, and to be honest, he resisted the urge to snap at the older tom. It was his job, and yet he acted like Yewpaw was an inconvenience. Why even try at that point? Give up.

The moonstone was the prettiest thing he had ever seen. Hemlockfox's disinterested words barely registered. He obediently laid down in front of the moonstone. At that moment, he wondered why he couldn't have been paired with a more supportive medicine cat for this journey. Any other medicine cat would have been preferable, he thought bitterly. Shaking his head, he pressed his nose to the cold surface and closed his eyes - seeking guidance from StarClan.

His consciousness drifted away, and as he entered StarClan, a beautiful dreamscape unfolded around him. It was bathed in a beautiful, ethereal light. The ground beneath him felt solid - yet it was like he was stepping on clouds. It was odd. This was odd. He didn't really like it. Before him stood a clearing surrounded by towering trees, reaching to touch the sky. He approached cautiously, his eyes wide. The frustration was gone - and now it was time for adventure. What will he discover?
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6722

PostSubject: Re: Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty3/3/2024, 9:45 am

Breezewhisker hated it here. How long had he been pacing these same starry fields, trapped forever in a mere reflection of reality, while the progeny of his enemy still survived? They'd acted like they were doing some benevolent philanthropy allowing him into StarClan, when in reality it was more of a prison than the Dark Forest. He'd considered going over there, once or twice, but what would be the point? The real torture was being unable to influence anything. And at least here, in these endlessly glorious plains that he stalked like a captured lion, he was occasionally called upon to give advice. And there, there, he could have some real reason for existing again. Some semblance of purpose. Talking endlessly with Fawnsplash had lost its savor some time ago, as had watching every moment of SkyClan's history that had gone downhill ever since that fox-heart had been leader. But now... talking with someone? Someone who could actually make a difference? That was worth getting up for.

It didn't matter how close his stars were to fading, how little anyone remembered him--none of that mattered right now. Not when he was so close to life again, enough to taste it when the apprentice he was to speak with finally opened his eyes. Tall trees--the same ones Antdrop had fallen from--and endlessly clear skies. But Breezewhisker wasn't here to stare at the scenery he was so tired of. He was here to talk.

A lean blue-gray tabby tom, stars shining through his thin fur, was pacing back and forth in impatience by the time the apprentice saw him. He blinked once, taking Yewpaw in, then his dark yellow eyes narrowed. Most StarClan cats' eyes held "the wisdom of the ancestors," or some such nonsense. His gaze was piercing, unyielding, but seemed to be sizing him up more than anything. "So you're Yewpaw, huh?" he said unceremoniously. The tom stalked closer, putting his face right up close to the apprentice. "I was expecting you to be bigger for some reason. Not sure why." Then he sat back on his haunches. The apprentice had potential, that was for sure... but what would he do with it? Just sit around complacently like the rest of his kin? Snarl and yap at other Clans as if they were the enemies? "I'm Breezewhisker, not that it's important or anything. My kin died out long ago. No one remembers me, and if they did, it wouldn't be for anything good. My father, my siblings, even my mate--all of them betrayed me in the end. It'll happen to you too, kid, mark my words. The moment you're not good enough for them? They'll replace you with someone else. Doesn't matter who you are, where you come from, whether you're the leader's son or just some nobody. You're replaceable. But you don't have to take my word for it. You'll see soon enough." He lashed his thin tail behind him. Was he getting ahead of himself? Maybe. But if this kit couldn't stand up to him, he wasn't worth talking to anyway. "So, why're you here? What's your deal?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty25/3/2024, 4:39 pm

Yewpaw
Apprentice | SkyClan | he/him

Yewpaw stopped in his paw steps when the lean, blue-grey, sparkling tom approached. Impatience and angst radiated off of him, and his piercing gaze made his fur crawl. This was it? Really? He thought, flicking his tail and lightly flattening his ears as he looked up at the tom. I traveled for this. I can't believe I traded one miserable tom for another.

Yet, the StarClan tom spared nothing - not a single pleasantry was wasted on Yewpaw. He introduced himself as Breezewhisker and launched into his tale of woe. Yewpaw had hoped for guidance, even a glimmer of empathy - yet he found himself confronted by the bitter reminiscence of a tom long past his prime. Frustration bubbled within his chest, mingling with a growing sense of indignation.

"What makes you so sure?" Yewpaw snapped, his tone no doubt sharper than he intended - yet frustrated and demanded release. He lifted his chin defiantly to meet Breezewhisker's piercing gaze with a challenging stare of his own. "Why do you assume my fate will mirror yours?"

His words hung in the air. Yewpaw refused to accept the bleak outlook that Breezewhisker presented to him. Yet, he was in denial. It had already started happening.

discord: kieer  | timezone: EST (UTC -5) | code (c) kieer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey   Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Yewpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1