Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Compassion Brings Healing (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

Compassion Brings Healing (c) Empty
PostSubject: Compassion Brings Healing (c)   Compassion Brings Healing (c) EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 16:56

Honeydew

When she was finally released on light duties from the medicine den, Honeydew had made a beeline for the camp entrance. Her wound was closed and healing, but her muscles were stiff and ached, and she longed to feel grass beneath her paws once more.

The young warrior wandered SkyClan's territory, keeping far away from the site of the battle, still fresh in her mind. Images from the bloody scene flashed in her mind, the yowls and wails of war echoed in her ears. In an effort to escape, just for a moment, Honeydew found a comfortable, sunny spot among the boulders of the Great Ridge. The sun's bright rays warmed her pelt as she sprawled across the rocks.

It had not snowed in many days, and most of the snow and ice had melted and thawed across the territory. The promising scents of tiny growing things reached up from the forest floor. Honeydew had never known newleaf; her memories of this world were dull and whitewashed and bare. New growth, she imagined, symbolizing new beginnings, new memories, and new life.

Honeydew sighed softly, lost in thought.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3036

PostSubject: Re: Compassion Brings Healing (c)   Compassion Brings Healing (c) EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 20:28

Falconmoon himself was feeling much better than he had been. The belly wounds had been the worst, making movement painful and even sleeping in certain positions impossible. But Thymelight and Smokepetal had done an amazing job. Part of his recovery at this point was to move around and gently stretch his belly muscles as they healed to ensure that they wouldn't heal with him all bunched up. It wasn't the most comfortable thing to do, but he followed their instructions.

Falconmoon had been out walking when he scented Honeydew's trail. She'd finally been released. With a sigh and a stone in his heart with what the very near future would bring, the ivory and gold tom padded after his daughter. His approach was deathly silent, moons upon moons of practice was evident in each swift and soundless pawstep. Spying her on a rock, sunning herself, he leaped forward onto the rock beside her's, as quiet as the grave.

"Honeydew," His voice came, quiet as a whisper to break the silence. "I'm glad to see you're doing better." He lie down and slowly stretched himself out like a bear skin rug. The heat from the rock felt like Silverpelt on his aching belly. It was so wonderful and so needed that he literally sighed with relief and closed his eyes, floating away into another perfect, light filled world for just a moment. Stars he forgot how therapeutic the sun's warmth could be. This was the longest leaf-bare he'd ever experienced.

"You... are feeling better, right?" He asked, then quietly tensed for the answer. Battles changed cats, regardless of how hardened they thought they were. What chance did poor Honeydew have, especially seeing what she had? He would pick up the pieces that he needed to, one fragile, skin piercing shard at a time, and do his best to keep her together where ever she may be struggling.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Compassion Brings Healing (c)   Compassion Brings Healing (c) EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 11:47

Honeydew

Honeydew was pulled from her thoughts at the sound of her father's voice. She jumped, startled, and whirled to face him, a wildness in her eyes only briefly before recognition took over in her blue depths. She relaxed, her fur lying flat.

"Oh, father, it's just you." She sat on her haunches again, dragging a paw over one ear, and didn't meet Falconmoon's eyes. "Yes, the wound is healing nicely," she mewed simply. The last time her father had acknowledged her was at her warrior ceremony, where he beamed with pride. But on the battlefield, just before the war began, he had ignored her attempts to seek comfort. Honeydew couldn't forget the vicious look in his eyes as he seemed to look right through her.

As an awkward silence seemed to settle around father and daughter, Honeydew made no attempt to fill it.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Compassion Brings Healing (c)   Compassion Brings Healing (c) EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 12:13

Her lack of eye contact and her body language did not go unnoticed. He waited for a few moments to see if she would bring anything up that might be bothering her, but of course she didn't. Any kind of confrontation, she tended to shy away from. He honestly was surprised that she came from Beechfang's line instead of Primroselight's with how similar they were. Falconmoon blinked slowly and sighed. It seemed there was damage after all, beyond the physical. He knew it would happen, but it didn't make seeing it any easier.

"I know that battle was probably hard for you. It's hard on everyone. I tried to stop it, I really did. My efforts weren't enough." He hadn't even heard or noticed her trying to take comfort from him at the start. He'd been so preoccupied with the appearance of Nightstalker that he tuned out all else.

"I'm sorry if what you saw... if it was me... Battle is hard for everyone but it has a way of especially affecting me. I wasn't the same cat, so to speak, and I'm sorry if what you saw me do bothered you..."

He made the attempt to slowly roll onto his back to get the sun on his belly, but he winced, grit his teeth and groaned before he gave up. He'd try again in a moment. He needed to focus on talking to Honeydew. He had no idea if she saw him take a life from both leaders. He was so focused on his own goals that he hadn't looked around much at all.

Keeping all of your emotions locked in you isn't good for you, you know. I'd like you to talk about it, as much as you can. If you really believe it will be more harmful than just keeping it to yourself, then I won't pry. But coming from someone with a lot of experience, I recommend you speak to someone about it at least once." Though he really hoped it would be him she talked to. He hated being on the outside of his kits' lives. He'd done it longer than he ever cared to remember, and none of it was his intention to do so. Now that they were in the same clan at the same time, he still felt like they were far away. He wanted to fix that. He had to.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Compassion Brings Healing (c)   Compassion Brings Healing (c) EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 20:10

Honeydew

Honeydew listened quietly as her father spoke, her blue eyes staring ahead of her as her emotions built. How did you try to stop it? she wondered to herself, but kept her mouth shut. It didn't feel like you tried to stop anything. You only fueled the fire. Honeydew's lip curled subconsciously with anger, her tail flicking from side to side.

I'm sorry if what you saw me do bothered you.

Honeydew's head snapped towards her father, her eyes alight with emotion. Was it anger, or pain?
"You're sorry if what you did bothered me?" she mewed, eerily quietly. "All due respect, father, but what I saw out there... when I saw what my clanmates are capable of..." Honeydew looked away, blinking back tears. "None of them were the same cat." She recalled Thymelight's small, sobbing figure working her way from cat to cat, healing them just so they could get back up and continue killing each other. Honeydew suppressed a shudder.

"I was chosen to fight in a battle caused by the actions of cats before I was even born," she hissed under her breath. "A pointless shed of blood and needless death. How long will it continue?" She turned her eyes back on Falconmoon, and there was anger and determination within them. "How long will SkyClan try to justify murder, and protect those cats who would attempt to kill innocent medicine cats?" Honeydew didn't realize that she'd gotten to her paws, her fur standing on end. "This war, and these battles are only perpetuating the cycle of violence."

At once, the breath seemed to leave Honeydew, and she collapsed back onto the rock with a sigh. She hadn't realized how much she had been holding in, and how angry she was about the injustice of it all.

"I tried to talk to you about it," she mewed weakly. "Before the battle. But you..." She laid her head down, her strength gone. "You wouldn't speak." She opened her eyes, all traces of anger faded. "You wouldn't even look at me, when I was right beside you, Falconmoon."

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Compassion Brings Healing (c)   Compassion Brings Healing (c) EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 23:35

The instant Honeydew spoke, Falconmoon wished he knew a trick to become one with the rock he was laying on. How ironic that at one point he could send his father to a torturous prison for an entire leaf-bare, slay clanmates and other cats as easily and naturally as breathing, make deals with Dark Forest cats and lead an undead Dark Forest army into his own home, take a life from his already tortured father, force Beechfang to take the life of her own mother in front of the whole clan...

Yet Honeydew raised her voice and he wanted nothing more than to flee. How far we have fallen... An intrusive thought entered. Shush! That's enough! This isn't about us! He scolded himself before returning all of his focus to Honeydew.

"I was chosen to fight in a battle caused by the actions of cats before I was even born,"

This is very much about us. Falconmoon sighed, looking away guiltily for a moment. How was I supposed to know that the ripple effect would reach this far, or reach those I cared about even now? Beechfang would never have killed Cloverheart if it weren't for the events at that gathering. The events at that gathering would never have happened if Skyclan and Windclan hadn't had their battle. Their battle would never have happened... if Dawnhawk hadn't lied taken refuge in Windclan. It was a realization that made him feel sick. She continued to speak, each word of her's making him wish more and more that the boulder he was on was a bog in Shadowclan instead. At least then he could just sink into it and eventually drown. What could he even say to her, with this much guilt weighing him down and choking out his voice?

"You wouldn't even look at me, when I was right beside you, Falconmoon."

Now, he looked at her with eyes as round as saucers. The pain in his gaze was evident, like two deep blue pools with bottomless depths. His mouth was agape and his ears were flattened. "I... I didn't even hear you Honeydew..." It didn't feel like an excuse at all to him. Shame pummeled him worse than any adversary he'd ever faced. Shame forced water to well up in his eyes and blur his vision. "I'm so... its not an excuse I know but I am so sorry..." He winced as he forced himself to his feet, pain lashing down his belly like so many angry clawed kicks. He didn't care. Honeydew's pain was more important to him right now. His shame was stronger than gravity pulling down on his weakened and torn muscles. He offered his head to her, hoping she'd reciprocate and butt heads with him, but he wouldn't blame her if she didn't.

I have to tell her something... she is owed at least this much now. Another thought forced it's way into his head an instant later. If we're not careful with what we say, we are finished! But that that was banished from his mind and ignored.

"Honeydew I... I need you to know something about me that I'm not.... not proud of. I have a... Lets call it a condition. Some things and certain cats trigger this condition and Nightstalker, the black tom I attacked, was one of those cats that triggered it. I tunnel vision, I practically go deaf, I hyper fixate on one thing... sometimes I say and do things that are out of character for me.

Other clanmates don't know. I don't want them to know. Beechfang, Wolfblossom and Birdstar were the only ones that knew. Now you. I really didn't mean to ignore you. I swear I couldn't even hear you!"
He was pleading with her to understand, while inwardly simultaneously cursing himself for focusing so hard on "Apollo's killer" when Nightstalker wasn't even the one that did it, apparently! What had he said to Perchstar? Only a fool seeks to avenge a corpse? What a fool he was, indeed.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Compassion Brings Healing (c)   Compassion Brings Healing (c) EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 8:38

Honeydew

Honeydew couldn't believe what she was hearing - her father claiming not to have even heard her? But... What if he is telling the truth? What reason does he have to lie? She didn't know Falconmoon to be the type of cat to divert blame from himself. And his pleading eyes felt genuine. Honeydew felt a stab of sympathy, and a little guilt, at verbally attacking her father. No, I won't let that battle harm my relationships within my own clan, she firmly decided. I can't allow it to divide us. Especially not my father. Honeydew sighed, and reached up to meet his apologetic headbutt. An odd little gesture, but also a little charming, she supposed.

"I forgive you, father," she mewed, "But I am concerned..."

As she listened to her father's explanation of his condition, Honeydew couldn't help but be reminded of Shatteredsky. Considering they were father and son, the condition could have been passed down. She couldn't blame Falconmoon for not wanting his clanmates to know, but...

"Perhaps you could try seeing one of the medicine cats about it?" she gently inquired, deeply unsettled. "Perhaps they might know what causes it. They might have an herb to help you." This particular condition sounded like an illness of the mind, rather than the body, but if medicine cats had herbs for things like shock, then they might know what this was, too, as strange as it was.

"Is there anything I can do for you, during those times?" She asked, her pale blue eyes reaching into his. "Is there any way I can bring you out of it? It was..." Honeydew hesitated, "...It was frightening, to see you like that. If you're unable to think straight, it could put the wrong cat in danger." If he couldn't see or hear her, and he tunnel visioned like he said, what would happen if a clanmate such as herself attempted to intervene, or hold him back? Would he lash out at us? Would he hurt his own clanmates?

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Compassion Brings Healing (c)   Compassion Brings Healing (c) EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 0:47

Thankfully she seemed willing to forgive him. He sighed with relief at her touch, the tension in his shoulders relaxing. His tail even drooped, as if had been helping carry weight and it finally no longer had to.

"Perhaps you could try seeing one of the medicine cats about it?" Falconmoon frowned, but he still allowed her to finish speaking after that. "I've been to see them. It started with horrendous nightmares that wouldn't let me sleep. I would wake up in the night screaming, I could even taste blood on my tongue that wasn't there, even hours later. I was born with this. It will not go away. All I can do is try to prevent it from getting worse." As for how to answer the rest of that question... what could she do to bring him out of it? He'd never even thought about that before. He'd never even thought about he and Dawnhawk being truly separate. Would Dawnhawk hurt Honeydew, or Shatteredsky? Was it crazy to try to separate his past self from his current self?

After a moment's hesitation, his eyes darting from one invisible thing on the ground to the next a few times, he eventually just shook his head. She wanted to help, and he appreciated it, but this was something beyond herbs, beyond a kind word.

"It was frightening, to see you like that." Falconmoon grimaced and it had nothing to do with the wounds on his belly. If he could put his face in his hands, he would have. Beechfang's words echoed in his memories. "They don't need to see you like that." "I'm sorry." What else was there to say? If that was all it took to frighten her... Stars... that wasn't even that bad. It was nothing compared to what he could have done, absolutely nothing at all compared to what he had been before.

I don't think I'd hurt Honeydew. I don't even think I'd hurt Shatteredky, though I'm sure he will make me want to with how he's been already. But... I did hurt Sunfire... That was something I didn't think I would do either. Maybe it was just the stress from the reality of their situation that caused him to do that, rather than Dawnhawk and Falconmoon being truly separate and Dawnhawk started to leak out a bit.

But it was true that he had times where it was very hard knowing who's thoughts were what, or who was angry, or who was sad. There were definitely times it felt like different cats were vying for control in his body, yet that wasn't true either. It was maddening trying to understand it, so he had grown content to just let things play out as they would.

Except now... that was no longer the solution either.

"I am still me... but getting my attention might be harder sometimes. Luckily, the... episode you saw doesn't happen very often. Nightstalker is dead now anyway, so we don't have to worry about that now... Maybe just try to remind me to be better. If you see me going off the deep end just remind me of who I am. Tell me I am better than this. Maybe it will help."

That was the best advice he could give her. As for himself, he needed to work on it. He took a deep sigh, casting away any thoughts about himself. They'd lingered on him enough for now. Now... he looked Honeydew dead in the eye and took on a very serious expression.

"I'd like to talk about you now. I know battle is new and unpleasant for you, and I wish I could tell you that you'd never see another one, but I would be doing you a great disservice by
lying. This is the unfortunate world we live in, Honeydew. All you can do is prepare for it and don't let the cruelty of the world make you cruel. There are cats in this world and even in the next life, love, that will see you, search for the darkness that resides in every cat that has ever walked this earth including you, and when they find it do you know what they will say?

'I can use this.'

And I am warning you now, the cats that think that way can be very very good at what they do. Your fear, your anger, your uncertainty, your pain, your sorrow... they seek it out and pursue it like the wolves did back at the lakes so they can use it for their own selfish desires. There are cats in this world that want nothing more than to smother the light that you carry within you simply because they do not have it, and they hate it."
He paused for a moment to let those words sink in, and his gaze remained very serious and fixed on her.

"The worst part is, Honeydew, is that these cats don't even realize what they are doing half of the time. They look like you, they look like me, they look like Wolfblossom, or Shatteredky, or Stormwatcher, or even Perchstar. None of these cats have messages from Starclan etched onto their faces to give you that warning. You have to learn to see it, how to avoid it, or if you get really good, diffuse it. I think the best thing you can do for now is be aware of yourself, be aware of how you may start to change and seek help when you find yourself sliding closer into that darkness that other cats are looking for. Once it has ahold of you, it is very difficult to make it let go. It will convince you that you are wounded, it will convince you that everyone is an enemy, and you will justify those feelings however way you can because admitting you are wrong about something, that you made a mistake, can be the hardest thing to do when you are hurting, or angry or frightened."

Falconmoon's eyes softened and his gaze dropped. His expression went from serious to somber... to something hinting at regret. Slowly that look of regret hardened into anger from some unseen force. "And most cats in this forest are very unforgiving of mistakes; Unwilling to give you a second chance..." It was at that moment he realized he'd been rambling... or maybe venting. She didn't need this right now. He'd said enough. He blinked... and the anger vanished. He looked back up at her, back as Falconmoon that was concerned for his daughter.

"Do you understand what I am trying to tell you?"

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Compassion Brings Healing (c)   Compassion Brings Healing (c) EmptyWed 20 Mar 2024 - 10:38

Honeydew

Honeydew frowned. He's been to see the medicine cats, and there's nothing they could do for him? Her tail flicked back and forth as he spoke. Her heart ached with sympathy for her father, who had this mysterious, inescapable curse. Is there really something I might be able to do, if I see him like that again? she wondered, her eyes on the sky. Thornstalker, did you know about this? What would you have done?

Her attention was brought back when Falconmoon redirected the attention to her, and the battle. Anxiety clawed at her heart at the mention of it, and images of blood and death flashed before her eyes. She blinked a few times, trying to clear away the visions as she listened to her father speak.

Her muscles tensed. The prospect of cats trying to use her for her kindness was not new to her, but to hear Falconmoon speaking the words aloud, as though warning her specifically, sent a chill down her spine.

"I... I think I understand, Falconmoon," she finally responded, a bit spooked by the whole message. "I won't let them get to me, I promise. I will do my best to make sure it doesn't happen." Though Honeydew didn't believe that she was even capable of such dark acts as those she had been witness to, perhaps her father was telling her this for a reason. Perhaps he had once thought of himself in such a way, too. Or perhaps, he had witnessed someone close to him get pulled into the darkness... her mind wandered back to Sunfire, his own brother. Of course. She imagined Shatteredsky's outburst in the clearing after the battle, and his death threats to Wolfblossom. Many of her clanmates seemed to have a shred of darkness lying in their hearts, seeds sewn by past violence and mistakes, which could grow to become a bigger problem, if they let them...

What is this he mentioned about second chances? she pondered, tilting her head. Has Falconmoon done wrong? Something I don't know about? What secrets is he keeping? Honeydew's gaze narrowed on her father, as though she could pull the truth out of him with just her eyes. There must be more he isn't telling me. Perhaps he will one day trust me enough to feel comfortable enough to tell me everything.

Honeydew reached forward and touched her pink nose to her father's cheek.
"I believe I understand, Falconmoon," she affirmed, new determination igniting inside of her. "We are a family, and we have to stick together and trust each other, okay? I don't want you to feel alone, and I promise I won't hide my feelings from you anymore." She pulled away, a smile playing at the edges of her maw. "And thank you, for coming to visit me. I feel like we've learned a lot about each other today, and I do feel better now."

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compassion Brings Healing (c)   Compassion Brings Healing (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

Compassion Brings Healing (c)
Page 1 of 1