Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Connections [Honeydew]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5642

Connections [Honeydew] Empty
PostSubject: Connections [Honeydew]   Connections [Honeydew] EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 16:27

The days since Birdstar and Beechfang had been a whirlwind. The numbness of her grief had faded a little, replaced with a mixture of emotions that had settled a hard knot in her chest. Too many to name, too complicated to begin to untangle. So the deputy tried to bury it in work. Sky patrols near the border, hunting to keep the fresh kill pile stocked, helping reinforce the camp defenses. Patching a leaky den here, bringing food to one of the queens... And the medicine den.

Her wounded clanmates for something so senseless, something so uncalled for, sat heavy on her shoulders. Guilt, anger... Wolfblossom didn't know. They had fought so hard for something that should not have been fought over at all, had been injured for the pride and family bonds that had been ripped to shreds. Her own living family among those in the medicine den.

Innocents hurt, and for what?

The sight of Honeydew's still and heavily injured form across the shoulders of one of the warriors had been a frightening thing. That had been far too close a call for Wolfblossom to stomach. Her granddaughter, so bright and kind, had never had a place on the front lines of a war. She was recovering, and it was the duty of a warrior to fight, but...

The deputy inhaled slowly, then exhaled, pushing her way into the medicine den.

"Honeydew?" Wolfblossom called softly, "How are you feeling?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

PostSubject: Re: Connections [Honeydew]   Connections [Honeydew] EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 16:54

Honeydew

Honeydew's ears flicked as she heard light pawsteps enter the medicine den. She assumed it was one of the medicine cats coming back from an herb patrol until she heard the soft voice of Wolfblossom, a slight rasp in her tone. Honeydew picked up her head and managed to turn and face her mother-figure before laying her head gently back on the edge of her nest, releasing a small sigh.

"Hello, Wolfblossom," she mewed warmly, despite her current circumstances. Her pale blue eyes were dull with exhaustion, but glowed with friendly welcome. It had only been one sunrise since returning from battle, but many of Honeydew's beloved clanmates had already come to greet her during her time recovering in the medicine den. Each visit helped lift the sorrow and grief from her shoulders as she was reminded of the love and kindness of her clan, taking her attention away from the bloody memory of battle and her uncle's twisted, murderous face.

"The medicine cats say I need to remain still so my wounds have time to close," she explained. "But they said I'm getting better, and the wound isn't infected. In a couple more days, I should be able to return to light duties." She blinked up at Wolfblossom, but her pain - both physical and emotional - was impossible to completely hide behind her optimism.

Remain strong, the young warrior willed herself.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Connections [Honeydew]   Connections [Honeydew] EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 15:45

Wolfblossom padded forward to sit at the edge of the nest where Honeydew rested her head. "That battle was a tough one, I gathered... We were all worried for you." She mewed, head lowering to give the pale she-cat a lick between the ears. She knew that Smokepetal, Thymelight and Hemlockfox were doing their best to care for the injured, though no Skyclanner should have ever been so badly wounded in the first place. "I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well. It's... Not a position you should've had to be in. You fought bravely. You all did." No matter what Sunfire ranted about, her warriors had given their all to defend their clan. The deaths, the injuries... That was not their fault. Wolfblossom, Birdstar, Beechfang... And Perchstar and Mottlestar's refusal to see reason. But never the fault of the loyal cats who had fought for their clan.

"No infection is good... But you will still take it slow once you're back on your paws, got it?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Connections [Honeydew]   Connections [Honeydew] EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 19:47

Honeydew

"Yes, of course, Wolfblossom," Honeydew conceded. She couldn't imagine doing anything to re-open her wound. She sunk down further into her nest and let out a heavy sigh. She hesitated, letting her grandmother's words sink in.

"It... there was a lot, Wolfblossom," she mewed. "There was so much blood. And... so many cats died." Her sad blue eyes sought Wolfblossom's. "Death bring more death, and violence births more violence. And for what? Nothing was won that day." As she continued to get worked up, Honeydew winced and let out a small groan. Anger clawed at her heart. "And it is not a brave thing to attack innocent medicine cats," she spat. Her mind reeled from the image of Sunfire's jaws coming down on the young medicine cat, barely older than an apprentice, and the violent shake he gave him. "He was trying to kill that medicine cat, Wolfblossom," she growled, her eyes pleading. "Where is the honor in that? Where has the warrior code gone?" Honeydew closed her eyes. Perhaps we deserve StarClan's ill will.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Connections [Honeydew]   Connections [Honeydew] EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 17:18

"They came in search of death and found it." Wolfblossom frowned, "And you are right. More death will only serve to spill more blood. My instinct is to march into Riverclan's camp, demanding Perchstar's head, just as she did to us, so long ago. But I have a clan to protect. To keep from seeing more of this foxdung. Continuing it won't do that." She fought to keep her claws sheathed, to avoid restlessly picking at the edge of Honeydew's nest.

"I heard. To attack a medicine cat... We can only hope Starclan will not pay us in kind. They are non-combatants, even if they support those who did fight. Killing a medicine cat is what caused this in the first place. And yet..." Wolfblossom shook her head as if that would shake the dark thoughts from her mind. "The code meant nothing the moment they crossed the border actively seeking the death of another, I think."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Connections [Honeydew]   Connections [Honeydew] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 9:04

Honeydew

Honeydew sank deeper into her nest, flinching at her mother-figure's plain rage, but how could she blame her? The RiverClan leader killed her own sister. How would I feel if someone killed Shatteredsky? she wondered. She shook the thought away. Shatteredsky is strong, and wouldn't die easily, she comforted herself. Not that Birdstar wasn't strong... but... Honeydew recalled that day her and Mallowpaw discovered their leader in her den, writhing in agony, as one life left her, and wondered how many times that had happened before the battle.

"Wolfblossom," she mewed after a moment, her eyes flickering around the medicine den. "You know how I feel about fighting, and even hunting," she began sheepishly. "You know how difficult it is for me. During the battle, I was fighting a ThunderClan cat named Silverdusk. She could have killed me, but instead she took me to Thymelight. She was an honorable cat." Honeydew took in a shaking breath, groaning against the pain in her flank. "I want SkyClan to battle honorably like that. But it's cats like Sunfire-" she spat the name "-who make that feel impossible. We shouldn't kill unless we absolutely have to. Has it always been like this?" she asked, meeting Wolfblossom's eyes. "How long has this gone on? How long will we..." she hesitated, "...allow it to go on, before all of the clans in the forest turn against us?"

What can we do to change it?

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Connections [Honeydew]   Connections [Honeydew] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 16:51

Indeed, Wolfblossom knew how Honeydew felt about some of what was required for a warrior. She was very much like Bubblebeam, like Mistflower in that way. She had fought though, despite her distaste and fear. Wolfblossom had never been a a large scale battle against other cats, but she had heard and seen enough between her mother, Bloodstrike and even Dawnfeather's recollections that she thought she understood how damaging it must be. "Hard to reconcile the clanmates you know with the cats fighting to defend their lives and the lives of their clanmates. And the enemy wasn't foxes, to be incapable of reasoning or mercy." No, they were cats who had chosen to forego such. A deep sigh left Wolfblossom at the mention of Sunfire's name. She had not wanted to see it, had not wanted to acknowledge her son's bloodthirsty nature. But he had attacked a medicine cat. He had crossed the border in search of prey against her order, had initiated a border skirmish when the forest was starving, just before they were to leave the territories. Wolfblossom did not have the full story there, but that he'd disobeyed her out of desperation...

The deputy closed her eyes for a moment, then glanced at Honeydew. "I would not have taken him for someone to attack a medicine cat. Brash, acts without thinking, quick to fight, yes. But to deliberately attack a medicine cat..." Wolfblossom shook her head. "War does things to a cat that nobody should strive to emulate or look up to. He must know that's a step too far. His outburst in camp too, but that is less pressing than actually using claws and fangs."

"So at least one Thunderclanner had some sense of right and wrong... I would not count on such. Not with their leadership. You are lucky she seemed reasonable. Not every cat is capable of such." Her mind had gone to Perchstar... And even Sunfire seemed to be headed in that same direction, much as it pained her to admit it. "Including our own."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Connections [Honeydew]   Connections [Honeydew] EmptyTue 5 Mar 2024 - 7:32

Honeydew

Honeydew was silent for a few moments as Wolfblossom's words hung in the air.
"...Neither would I, honestly," she agreed after a while. "Ever since I was a kit, Sunfire intimidated me, but after a while, I decided it was just because he is a passionate warrior who really cares for his clan. During our training sessions, he helped me learn how to be stronger and more reliable in battle. Those skills helped pay off on the battlefield, but..." Honeydew hung her head, picking at her nest. "How is it helpful to SkyClan to repeat the same mistakes that got us into this mess?" The injured warrior just could not reconcile the thought.

Sadness replaced anger now as Honeydew sank into her nest, images of the battle flashing through her mind. Images of Silverdusk's expression as she watched Honeydew's kin attack a medicine cat, the blood on Sunfire's fangs after battle, and the murderous look in his eyes after the patrol arrived in camp, the memory blurred. The shouting and outrage she sensed as she lie, unable to move, in the center of the clearing. Honeydew winced away the memories.

The knowledge that she would have to participate in many more battles like this one took her breath from her body. She could only hope that they wouldn't feel as meaningless. Honeydew sighed.

"Thank you for your company, grandmother," she mewed, strength leaving her as exhaustion replaced it. Her eyelids grew heavier with each passing heartbeat. "If you get a chance, could you please find one of the medicine cats? I think I need more herbs for my wounds."

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Connections [Honeydew]   Connections [Honeydew] EmptyTue 5 Mar 2024 - 18:12

Wolfblossom nodded in agreement, though part of her was reluctant to ever call her own son's actions wrong. They were, though, and a tired sigh escaped her. "Yes," She agreed, "Something has to give. The only thing we will gain from that is the ire of the other clans." Which they had earned enough of.

"Rest up, Honeydew." She mewed gently to her granddaughter, "I'll send Thymelight your way."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8