Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

my nemesis, my only friend [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grohiik

Grohiik

Characters : Mallowpaw[skc]; Stoatpaw[wc]; Batpaw[shc] --Copper was here <3
Number of posts : 288

my nemesis, my only friend [c] Empty
PostSubject: my nemesis, my only friend [c]   my nemesis, my only friend [c] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 6:24

[takes place during the war]

MALLOWPAW !
Mallowpaw had taken it upon himself to ask Yewpaw out on a sparring session. Talking with Honeydew had made him feel a bit better about things, but he had to admit his hesitation to interact with Yewpaw due to how tense things had been lately. It didn't feel like his relationship with Yewpaw was as close as it once was and he was desperate to make amends. Yewpaw was his best friend, why should things change now just because his sisters cast him dirty looks without reason? He'd never caught Yewpaw participating in that behavior - the only thing the handsome tom ever did was keep quiet when the she-cats were ripping him a new one for whatever reason they saw fit.

It was fine. Cricketpaw and Myrtlepaw were just struggling with the grief of losing Paledove and were processing it differently. Processing it in a manner that meant Mallowpaw was their new favorite verbal punching bag. He felt the small weight in his chest grow heavier, felt it grow bigger, swore that it was the size of a three-moon-old kit and it threatened to drag him straight to the ground. It was guilt that he had no reason to carry. Or perhaps it was empathy? Sympathy? How would he treat others if something had happened to Honeydew as she marched on with SkyClan to war? Would he lash out at those close to Yewpaw or Stoneheart, for fear of losing what little he had left? No; Mallowpaw wasn't that kind of cat. He wouldn't hold anything against the apprentices. Like Honeydew had said to him a couple sunrises before her warrior ceremony, they were just grieving and Mallowpaw had heard that grief made cats do strange things.

He hoped that he wouldn't have to experience the emotion any time soon. Earlier he'd watched part of the Clan take their leave to meet with ThunderClan and RiverClan at the border, and sent a silent prayer to StarClan for every cat to come back safely. Beechfang, Honeydew, Birdstar, Thymelight and the other cats that went with them. All because RiverClan couldn't stomach Beechfang dying in peace at home and couldn't find it in them to forgive her for her wrongs. Mallowpaw had volunteered to fight, but they'd told him that it was no battle for apprentices. Was he not strong enough? Was he not ready to be a warrior yet, despite all of his sessions with Stoneheart? Whatever the case was, he would prove Birdstar and Wolfblossom wrong. He was capable of defending his Clan just as well as any cat.

So was Yewpaw. He had found the tom on the edges of the camp where the battle patrol had left. "Hey, Yewpaw!" He called warmly. "Do you want to train a bit? I think it'd be a good distraction until they come back. No use in sitting here all day, right?" A distraction, but an excuse for them to spend time together as well. I miss you.

mallowkit #4c0d26
my nemesis, my only friend [c] Ezgif_10
Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff
kieer

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: my nemesis, my only friend [c]   my nemesis, my only friend [c] EmptySat 2 Mar 2024 - 12:17

Yewpaw looked up from where he had been staring into the distance, lost in his own thoughts. Mallowpaw's friendly voice cut through everything like a sharp claw and his thoughts disappeared in an instant. His gaze met Mallowpaw's with a mixture of conflicting emotions. He felt useless with recent tensions between his clan and RiverClan and ThunderClan. He felt conflicted about everything. "Hey there, Mallowpaw." He mewed in response, trying to match the warmth in the other apprentice's tone. There was so much disdain harbored by his sisters for this tom. It lingered over their friendship like a dark cloud. He didn't know why.

When his best friend approached with the suggestion of training, he hesitated. He could almost hear his sisters, accusing Mallowpaw of some cat unworthy of Yewpaw's trust. Were they right? The dream he had didn't help, either, featuring Mallowpaw and accusing him of being a liar. Yet, he blinked, a small smile tugging at his lips. His tone held a hint of reservation. "Training sounds good. Anything to take my mind off of.. everything."

He rose to his paws, his tail flicking with anticipation. Deep down, he missed their friendship. And maybe, just maybe this sparring session could be the first step to rebuilding. "Lead the way, leader!" He said, offering a light-hearted grin.

He was going to try. Maybe they'll have fun.

Grohiik

PostSubject: Re: my nemesis, my only friend [c]   my nemesis, my only friend [c] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 13:02

MALLOWPAW !
He bounced on his paws excitedly, his tail tip curling with delight. Finally! Yewpaw had agreed to go train with him and they could spend time together again. He lightly headbutt his friend in an affectionate gesture, drawing back with a swift lick to Yewpaw's forehead and turned around. "Lead I shall! Come on!"

Mallowpaw, without waiting another moment, bounded away out of the camp his tail held high. He wondered where he could take his friend to. He'd promised Honeydew not to share the hollow she'd showed him a moon ago to another soul, and it was probably best not to sully the tranquil environment with rough housing.

He recalled finding a pleasant patch of space nearby the Halfstone close to camp. The ground is level there. I think it's safe. Things would probably be far more fair that way too! "We'll be warriors soon, I bet." He called behind himself as Yewpaw caught up. "Honeydew said she'd make sure there was space for us when it's our turn... But I can't wait to be a warrior with you, Yewpaw." The hope was that... Maybe once they were warriors, things would be better between them. Maybe they'd grow past this strange relationship his sisters had forced upon them.

mallowkit #4c0d26
my nemesis, my only friend [c] Ezgif_10
Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff
kieer

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: my nemesis, my only friend [c]   my nemesis, my only friend [c] EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 14:48

Yewpaw
Spprentice | SkyClan | he/him

Yewpaw watched his friend's enthusiasm - his ears perked and a mixture of admiration and uncertainty danced in his mismatched gaze. It was as if Mallowpaw existed in a world untouched by the shadows that clouded his thoughts. He returned the affectionate headbutt with a small, grateful nuzzle - temporarily drawn into the warmth of the tom's presence, if only for a moment. It was weird. Did Mallowpaw not care about his sisters at all?

Yewpaw followed his friend's lead. The promise of becoming warriors together was something, that's for sure. To be honest, he didn't think about it until now. He glanced at his friend, a soft smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "My mentor said I was a natural hunter." He bragged, the uncertainty in his gaze melting - being replaced with pride. "I wonder what our warrior names are going to be? I hope yours is cool - like, um, Mallowstrike? Like ShadowClan's deputy." He mewed. There was no doubt their ceremonies would be soon.

As they reached the flat land near the Halfstone, Yewpaw settled into a defensive stance a few tail lengths away from his friend, suggesting a spar. His tail lashed. "I'll do your apprentice duties for a moon if you can beat me!"

No doubt, this was an excuse to release some tension that lingered between him.

discord: kieer  | timezone: EST (UTC -5) | code (c) kieer

Last edited by kieer on Wed 27 Mar 2024 - 14:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : didnt fix his template lol)
Back to top Go down
Grohiik

Grohiik

PostSubject: Re: my nemesis, my only friend [c]   my nemesis, my only friend [c] EmptyTue 2 Apr 2024 - 5:58

[size=32]MALLOWPAW[/size] !
Mallowpaw let out a rancorous laugh at Yewpaw's offer. "Deal!" He chirped. He knew that Yewpaw would probably beat him - Mallowpaw hadn't been the greatest fighter in the world. He preferred hunting. Fighting was... Scary, but he did it so he could protect his Clan. Taking down that hawk with Stoneheart had been something for certain and he'd sent out a thanks to StarClan that they hadn't been chosen to go into the battle with RiverClan and ThunderClan.

Dismissing the thought, Mallowpaw launched himself into the air, paws outstretched to land on his friend and pin him to the ground. Looking down at Yewpaw with his tail tip curled with delight, he mewed. "By the way, Mallowstrike does not fit me at all!"

Mallowpaw used Leap and Hold on Yewpaw for -6 damage! Yewpaw is pinned for one turn!

Mallowpaw
20/20 HP
45/60 SP [-15]

Yewpaw pinned
14/20 HP [-6]
60/60 SP

Last edited by Grohiik on Tue 2 Apr 2024 - 5:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: my nemesis, my only friend [c]   my nemesis, my only friend [c] EmptyTue 2 Apr 2024 - 5:58

The member 'Grohiik' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

my nemesis, my only friend [c] Mistpe10
my nemesis, my only friend [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my nemesis, my only friend [c]   my nemesis, my only friend [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

my nemesis, my only friend [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory-
Jump to: