Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

leave in silence [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2613

leave in silence [C] Empty
PostSubject: leave in silence [C]   leave in silence [C] EmptyFri 16 Feb 2024 - 18:55

"Some days end when I need a few friends."
Birdstar
SkyClan | she/her

Birdstar knew she'd seen shadows at some point, in the midst of all her seizing. She hadn't bothered looking for them when she'd first opened her eyes, caught up in choking over what occurred... but after several minutes of awareness and a watery meow ringing in her ears to call her attention, Birdstar finally decided the figures were more than figment. Lifting her head made her grimace, hissing sharply with soreness and exhaustion. When she managed to look, she saw two cats standing at the mouth of her den: Honeydew, barely named as a warrior, and Mallowpaw.

Birdstar's ears flattened. Why were they here...? Had they heard the struggle and come to investigate? She looked foggily between them. Sunlight made them both too bright to look at without squinting.

Right. They'd been meant for the dawn patrol together... of course they could come to collect her when she didn't make an appearance. And now they had to see her like this... Birdstar grimaced again. She tried to push herself upright, and her forelegs trembled terribly with the effort, but she stubbornly managed to stay aloft. "...My apologies," she said, voice a barely-audible rasp. "You two... you two can go. You don't need to-- wait for me. Or... worry for me."
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 8:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: leave in silence [C]   leave in silence [C] EmptySat 17 Feb 2024 - 3:14

MALLOWPAW !
"...Birdstar!" Mallowpaw's whispered cry came tumbling out when he locked eyes with the blank stare of SkyClan's seizing leader. What was happening to her? Should he get Smokepetal? "Birdstar...?" He mewed again, his blue eyes rounded with horror. Brushing past Honeydew, he slinked into the den.

He'd never been here before. It felt wrong to set paw into this place without getting permission first, but there was no way he could just stand there and do nothing. Something was wrong with Birdstar and she was clearly trying to hide it from them. Was she worried she'd be viewed as weak if two younger cats saw her in a moment of vulnerability? Mallowpaw shook his head and pressed his muzzle to the she-cat's shoulder, lightly nudging her to get her to lay back down.

"We're not leaving." The apprentice mewed firmly, looking to Honeydew from the corner of his eye. Back me up!

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

PostSubject: Re: leave in silence [C]   leave in silence [C] EmptySat 17 Feb 2024 - 19:03

Honeydew

Honeydew had been thrilled to have been invited by Birdstar herself on a hunting patrol with Mallowpaw. She woke to the rising sun and had met the sleepy Mallowpaw by the apprentice's den, and the pair had waited by the camp entrance for Birdstar as the sun climbed the sky, but their leader never arrived. Honeydew had decided perhaps Birdstar had slept in. It's such stressful times, after all, she had tried to convince herself. She felt comforted by Mallowpaw's presence beside her as she approached their leader's den together, but she froze at the entrance when she heard the strange, struggling noises inside.

Something is very wrong!

As Birdstar lifted her head, a whisker of relief flooded through Honeydew, but it didn't erase the feeling of terror that seized her stomach. Something still isn't right. Birdstar looks weak! What in StarClan happened? Alarm rippled through the young warrior's pelt as their leader tried to shrug off... whatever had happened to her. As Mallowpaw went to comfort Birdstar, Honeydew leaped to join him, her round eyes worried.

"Mallowpaw is right," she mewed gently, her voice shaking. "Please rest. We won't leave you here alone. Should I go fetch a medicine cat for you?" Birdstar always seemed to strong and confident. What was this that she was secretly, silently struggling with? Do the medicine cats know? Would they know how to help her?

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2613

PostSubject: Re: leave in silence [C]   leave in silence [C] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 18:12

"Some days end when I need a few friends."
Birdstar
SkyClan | she/her

Were there more energy in her body, Birdstar might have cringed away from the look of absolute horror shared between the young cats before. Shame at being seen in this state and regret on behalf of those unlucky enough to find her ran hot through her blood. Her cheek fur stirred with the working of her jaw's hinges, trying to move her mouth into issuing a more meaningful demand to leave, a leader's order, but... she could not. Her tongue would not twitch to do her bidding, and Mallowpaw's intrusion was quick to silence her regardless. Birdstar's whiskers twitched, watching as he moved into the shaded space. Her stomach curled with the first impact of his paw, as if a fragile secret had been ripped from its safety beneath her, drawn exposed and thrashing into view. But, she didn't retreat from him.

His insistence was shocking, what with the firm announcement they were going nowhere and being so bold as to attempt bodily pushing her over. Mallowpaw's weight was nothing compared to her own, but Birdstar gave to the careful press of his nose. Though she sank back against her bedding, her muscles remained tense, locked with both agitation and a readiness to rise again--or attempt to, at least. There was no use attempting to fight him when Honeydew was also scurrying forward, rounding up to join her friend in looming. Birdstar felt small and mouselike and awful, everything aching and tired and agitated, but some thin warmth blustered up into her chest, too. SkyClan was raising good, kind cats--curse what anyone else had to say about them.

"No. No, that won't be necessary," she answered as hurriedly as she could. Birdstar wasn't sure if it was lingering pain or the effort of speaking which made her chest twinge, but it provoked a flashing grimace from her anyway. What would she even say, if one of their medicine cats were to come see her? Tell the truth? Birdstar scoffed and offered no explanation for the sound. How would Smokepetal or Thymelight look at her, if she admitted to being seen so unfavorably by StarClan that her lives had been forcibly removed by them? How much farther into disbelief would that drive Hemlockfox? "I'm... alright. Alright enough." The weary grate of her meow spoke to a different truth, but if she couldn't fathom sharing the matter with her advisors, then no hint of it would leave her maw before an apprentice and a warrior just-barely aged out.

"...Thank you. Both of you." Birdstar's tail stirred through the soft material building up her nest. The tautness finally drained out of her muscles, and she went properly slack, letting her heavy head rest against the cold earth. Foggy eyes drifting off Honeydew and Mallowpaw to stare at the small bones in the corner again, she murmured, "You can... you can stay. I will not ask you to leave again. I'm... I'm sorry, that you had to find-- find me, like this."
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior