Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i see the light [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

i see the light [c] Empty
PostSubject: i see the light [c]   i see the light [c] EmptySun 11 Feb 2024 - 12:55

FI'm not a stranger to the dark!
Foxtrot ventured deeper into the forest, his paws crunching softly against the recently fallen snow. Moonlight filtered through the dense leaves overhead, casting ethereal patterns of light and shadow on the floor.

The forest seemed alive with the whispers of the night, a symphony of rustling leaves and distant calls of nocturnal creatures Foxtrot couldn't place. It was tranquil, a place of serenity and solitude and Foxtrot had always found solace in the towering trees of Skyclan's territory.

Yet amidst the calm of the forest, Foxtrot's mid was racing with thoughts of his impending confession. His pawsteps faltered as doubt crept in, threatening to consume him. "Y'know, maybe this ain't such a good idea," he muttered to himself, his voice carrying his slight accent he adopted from the streets of the city where he grew up. "What if she thinks I'm some kinda mousebrain? Pourin' my heart out in the middle of the woods?"

He paused beneath the outstretched branches of one of the oldest oak trees, its knarled roots twisting into the earth. The moon washed the tree in a gentle glow and the warrior took a deep breath and huffed.

"Alright, Foxtrot, you got this," he muttered, eyes burning with determination. "Just gotta tell her you love 'er. Plain and simple."

But as he turned to continue on his journey he heard a rustle of leaves behind him and the tom nearly jumped out of his skin as he turned toward the noise, "Hey! Better show yourself, buddy!" he called, hackles raising in alarm.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: i see the light [c]   i see the light [c] EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024 - 9:52

Mistflower's steps were soft and light, graceful movements that did nothing to betray her nerves. This is it, she thought to herself. You have to say something.

She had fought to defend her Clan, she had taken a warrior's oath, and even with her wavering confidence she knew she could do this. It was only a matter of taking that step, of saying the words and facing the consequences of honesty.

As she walked she crossed over some stray leaves, the sound pleasing to her ears, and was met with Foxtrot's distinctive voice; which caused her to laugh, the sound quiet but clear.

"Was I not invited?"

Her whiskers twitched, betraying her amusement, but she studied his form; even just standing here in the heart of the forest, she found him breathtaking. As she gathered her thoughts, she did her best to commit every detail to memory.

"There's something I wanted to talk to you about."

It was just like climbing a tree. She had taken that first unsteady step, clinging desperately to hope the way an apprentice would cling to the tree they were learning to scale.

you never had a chance, you know (incurable romantics never do) —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: i see the light [c]   i see the light [c] EmptySat 17 Feb 2024 - 11:39

His hackles flattened and his cheeks heated with embarassment as his call was met with the familiar soft laugh of Mistflower. He met her with a mischievious smile and he dipped his head,

"My apologies, ma'am." he said his voice playfully formal, as they gazed at each other his eyes danced with affection and amusement. Mistflower's grey fur was dappled with moonlight, the light seemed to radiate from her and create a pale white halo around her form. His breath caught in his throat and he felt like he was in a dream.

"I also have somethin' to talk to you about."

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: i see the light [c]   i see the light [c] EmptySun 18 Feb 2024 - 7:29

The warrior's dark fur blended into the night's dark and shadowed atmosphere but stood out against the snow, an interesting effect that kept Mistflower's attention.

Even as she was captivated by Foxtrot's appearance, his distinctive voice and way of speaking, even as she wondered at the expression on his face, she could feel her heart sinking when he spoke.

Despite that, se offered a small smile, stumbling over her words in a way she hadn't in what felt like forever. "Y-you can go first, then! You were here first, after all..."

He could see it coming, couldn't he? she thought. He doesn't feel the same. But if he wants to let me down gently... Then maybe we'll at least still be friends.

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: i see the light [c]   i see the light [c] EmptySun 18 Feb 2024 - 15:55

The longer he stood in front of her the more nervous he was getting. He scratched his ear with a paw and smiled his crooked smile once again.

His own thoughts were about as jumbled, he kept going back and forth.

She doesn't feel the same, he looked like a scruffy loner straight from the alleys of the big city. To: How could anyone not love him? He was a catch! Right back to: But what if she rejected him... After another moments thought, the warrior landed on: There wasn't anything left to lose. The worst she could say is she didn't feel the same. And he inhaled a big breath before meeting her gaze.

"I've been thinkin' about this for a while now, and uh, it ain't easy for me to say," Foxtrot admitted, his voice softening as he struggled to find the right words. "But here goes..."

The night furred tom took a deep breath, his nerves coiling like a spring as he prepared to lay down his heart for Mistflower to either pick up, or absolutely skewer. "Mistflower..I haven't met anyone like you before," he confessed, his voice wavering slightly. "You're different. A good different! Like a rose in a field full of daisies..."

Foxtrot looked away for a second, his paws shuffling in the snow. The tom huffed,

"I guess what I'm tryin' to say is...I have feelings for ya, Mistflower," he finally admitted, his cheeks flushing with a hint of color. "Really big, deep ones, the serious ones."

He paused, his heart thudding in his chest as he waited for her response. "I don't know if you feel the same way, and I understand if you dont wanna see me ever again. We can still be a really good friends..if that's what you want..I just had to tell ya. 'Cause, well, you mean a whole lot more to me than I ever thought possible. And if I die in the battle...I just wanted you to know. Ya know? 'Cause if I...if I died without telling you it would be the biggest mistake of my life." he babbled.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: i see the light [c]   i see the light [c] EmptyTue 20 Feb 2024 - 18:08

As Foxtrot spoke, Mistflower's fear and anxiety seemed to dissolve entirely; her sinking heart rising back to beat loudly in her chest. "O-oh!" she breathed, resisting the urge to bound forward and close the miniscule distance between them.

"You're different, too," she started softly once he was done speaking. "In a good way, but... Not like flowers. Not really. You're like... The rough rocks on the mountain pass, or the water at the lake. Different, unexpected, refreshing. Always exciting, always new... But you're also like the forest path, or the light shining brilliantly on the creek at moonhigh. Somehow familiar."

The words came quickly, in a rush, but her movements were slow and deliberate; as delicate as her name.

She stepped forward, one paw at a time, crossing the distance at a glacial pace. One to match the cold ground on which they stood.

"I told you, once, that I wasn't sure what I meant when I said I loved you. But I know the answer now. I didn't know what to say, or how to say it, but... If I don't say something now, I never will. I can't let that happen. I need you to know. I need you to understand."

Another step.

"I know that I want to stand by your side. That I want to walk with you through the forest, that I want to show you all the things that make me think of you, that I want to see you every day and understand the things you love. That I want to know and understand you, more than I already do."

Another.

"You'll come back," she promised, touching her nose to his shoulder. "I'll be waiting for you. With feathers and flowers."

She took a small step back, meeting his gaze.

"I'm sorry that I can't fight with you... I'm hardly a warrior, really." She fought to defend her Clan, but that wasn't the same as a war. "But I can still give you something to come home to."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i see the light [c]   i see the light [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

i see the light [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum