Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i've been so good (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

i've been so good (c) Empty
PostSubject: i've been so good (c)   i've been so good (c) EmptyFri 9 Feb 2024 - 21:43

Perchstar couldn't remember the last time she hadn't been adrift in responsibilities. Now, with a war on the horizon, was certainly no exception. She had plenty of cats to talk to, plenty of things to do--and she had, in fact, for her entire life. But that was no excuse for neglecting an apprentice. And now that Lavenderpaw had finally--at least mostly--recovered from the awful illness that had been plaguing him since the waters of the river were poisoned, she could finally carve out a brief space of time to speak with him. He was the last of her apprentices who hadn't received a name, for multiple reasons. Partially because he was not a traditional warrior apprentice, given his disability. Partially because of how horribly sick he had been, at the same time that she herself had lost a life to the disease. Partially because she had been so stars-cursed busy that there had been no time to see to the special training needs that he had.

Today, though, there were a few moments in which she'd been able to delegate her other responsibilities. Moments in which she could finally speak to her apprentice and perhaps begin truly giving him what he needed... whatever that happened to be. So Perchstar found him in camp and gave him a nod of greeting. "Hello, Lavenderpaw. I've heard that you're feeling better. I hope that the sickness goes away for good this time." She sat down next to him, half-reclined in a semblance of relaxation--though she could never truly relax, he didn't need to know that. It was more convenient to converse with him like this anyway. "How are you feeling? Is there anything that you wish to speak with me about? I apologize for not having much time lately."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

Clan/Rank : RiverClan/apprentice
Number of posts : 317

PostSubject: Re: i've been so good (c)   i've been so good (c) EmptyThu 15 Feb 2024 - 20:41

Lavenderpaw raised his dusky grey head from where it had been resting on his paws. Surprised by Perchstar’s approach, his pale yellow eyes warmed in happiness. Lavenderpaw returned her nod, his voice still quiet and rough from sickness, “Hi, Perchstar..” With the beginning of a smile, “Yeah, I hope so too.. I can’t wait to go out fishing..” Unconsciously, his chest puffed out with pride in that ability. He shuffled into a sitting position to be able to meet her eyes as Perchstar partly-reclined, putting them at an equal level. Lavenderpaw briefly searched his mentor’s face, her cool surface, bearing the gravity of her leadership. It was true that it had been a while since they spent time together. “Don’t apologise!” Lavenderpaw broke off into a cough, ducking his head away from her for a moment. More quietly, “How are you?” Lavenderpaw didn’t know about the three lives lost, couldn’t clearly remember the thirst and starvation, the sickness, or the wolves, but one thing that stuck out had been Perchstar’s haggardness. Now, although he had missed the announcement of war, Lavenderpaw felt the tension. “Can I help?” He pushed down the sickness's knock to his confidence. He had doubts he could serve his Clan. But like his mentor did, Lavenderpaw wanted to show a brave face.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: i've been so good (c)   i've been so good (c) EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 21:48

Perchstar held in the sigh of relief that Lavenderpaw did not seem to be too ill-affected. It was miraculous, really, that he managed to retain his optimism. It was something about him--his resilience, his strength in choosing to find joy--that she admired and sometimes envied. His life had been difficult from the get-go, but he'd never let it stop him. More than most other cats... he had truly earned his place in RiverClan. Earned his full name. But she'd answer his questions before broaching the topic. Even now, he asked what he could do to help, rather than give his own list of needs. She shook her head gently at him. "I'm all right. Littlesplash's herbs have worked wonders. Always worried about the war, but I've decided, and that's honestly all I can do for now. Just trying to help rebuild what I can and where I can, and that includes speaking to my apprentice." Her torn ear flicked once, but she kept her attention on him. "You help by recovering. And, once you've recovered, I think... it may be time for an assessment of some kind." Perchstar tilted her head at him. "If you feel ready, that is. I know you have not gotten to practice your hunting in a while. But I believe you have proved your abilities to me, and therefore to the Clan. Unless there is something else you wish to do before then?" Of course, it was not an orthodox situation, so it was completely up to her judgment--but she wished him to be involved in the process. "It would not be quite a regular ceremony, as this has not been exactly a regular apprenticeship, but I hope I have been able to provide what you needed... at least so far."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
isla

isla

Clan/Rank : RiverClan/apprentice
Number of posts : 317

PostSubject: Re: i've been so good (c)   i've been so good (c) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 17:59

Although no sigh of relief left Perchstar, he felt it melt her slightly from where he sat side-by-side with her. Where her fur was patched dark, it was the same soft blue-grey of his. Lavenderpaw didn’t know his family; he had been born into a storm, and the same turbulent waters that had taken the use of his back legs when he was very young had also taken his family; but he imagined family felt something like this. Perchstar gave gentle reassurance she was alright and Lavenderpaw felt a sigh of relief melt him too. His deep light golden eyes grew serious when she spoke of the war. “If you asked me to, I would go.” Lavenderpaw knew his leader could never put him in danger, but the fact he was safe while his clanmates weren’t...hurt. Pushing that down,“We all stand by the decision,” he tried to put Perchstar’s mind at ease. The best Lavenderpaw could do was recover. But then Perchstar brought up an assessment and his ears perked, the pace of his heart picking up, staring in surprise. Finally, voice soft but full of excitement, he agreed, “I’d like to try.” It was true that Lavenderpaw had not gotten to practise his hunting in a while. The strength to go on a trip to the river and hook fish out of the water was withered away by the sickness. Even if Perchstar believed he had ability, which filled the apprentice with warmth and gratitude, Lavenderpaw doubted he had proven himself to RiverClan. “I’d like to learn to patrol with all the warriors,” he admitted, “since warriors work together.” Although Lavenderpaw was not recovered enough to leave his nest to do duties, he was impatient to help. “I’d like to learn to help in the nursery and the medicine-den.” Something akin to love for his mentor shone in his eyes. “You’ve given me everything,” Lavenderpaw emphasised almost fiercely, “I can’t give the warrior oath, but I’d like to give something.”

Last edited by isla on Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 23:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity <3)
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: i've been so good (c)   i've been so good (c) EmptyTue 9 Apr 2024 - 16:28

Perchstar couldn't help but flick an ear at Lavenderpaw's kind and reassuring words. He meant well, she knew, but... as much as she loved all her Clanmates, what he said was not true. Not all of them were in favor of this war, Poppyshine least of all. It was still sometimes hard to shake the nagging, nauseating fear that her deputy felt a stronger kinship to Birdstar than to herself. But it was a foolish feeling and the unfamiliarly bitter tang of jealousy did not sit well with her, so she ignored it. She chose instead to focus on the conversation that was currently happening. Lavenderpaw's eagerness suited him well. "I'm sure that one of the senior warriors could conduct a hunting assessment for you," she agreed. "Perhaps Stormdance, or Sprucebark. And I'm sure that Littlesplash would appreciate any help that you offered to give, once you are feeling up to it. He could even come to you. It couldn't hurt to have more cats with even rudimentary knowledge of herbs." Sandyshell... gone far too soon, just as she'd retired from her position. And poor Wrenpaw, her daughter, still lying ill with a lingering sickness that made dread sink into Perchstar's bones every time she remembered its presence. Her throat tightened. The warrior oath... to fight and die for the Clan. Something that Lavenderpaw could not do in quite the same way as his peers. Though his gratitude towards her showed in a passionate blaze within his eyes, she could not quite accept its zeal entirely. "Fighting is not the only way to show loyalty and dedication," she said softly. "Your oath may not be that of a traditional warrior, but you may make one nonetheless. An oath of commitment to your Clan, perhaps, and of assistance. You have every right to a ceremony just as any other apprentice."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i've been so good (c)   i've been so good (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

i've been so good (c)
Page 1 of 1