Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

its the children that make history (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw [D]aytrader, [R]yepaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 484

its the children that make history (c) Empty
PostSubject: its the children that make history (c)   its the children that make history (c) EmptySat 3 Feb 2024 - 6:36

Cindersky
T3 Warrior | RiverClan| she/her
"i loved you like the sun."

Cindersky had put this off for far too long. And by that, the length of the journey back to camp. Littlepaw's stares had been distant since, and it made her heart ache in ways she did not know it could before. The little medicine cat reminded her of herself in too many ways, and even though she knew that, she could not shield him from the horrors of the world. But that is what Perchstar had said to her all those moons ago, wasn't it? All you could do is prepare. Littlepaw was not prepared. She tried to make amends for that, and... Even thinking about the remnants of her tail hurt. It still did not look pleasant, still bled slowly at times, still throbbed with pain and felt hot. Sometimes she thought it was still there, she could feel it. And then it vanished like the dreams she had before.

She moved as quick as she could with purpose. If she stopped now, she'd choke on her own worries and make up any other excuse not to speak on the topic she wanted to. That little shape, probably a bit smaller than she was at his age-- And she was small herself-- seemed so busy. The weight and health of a clan on his young shoulders and the heavens staring down on him even then. It was no place for him, too much responsibility, and yet he excelled at it.

"Littlepaw," She called, and cursed her voice for sounding so small. "Littlepaw, I..." She found she could not willingly meet his eyes. The sadness in them, however well hidden, was so potent. She had planned so much to say, and yet the only thing that came out of her mouth was; "Come with me."

discord: @moonazine| timezone: gmt| code (c) kieer

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw |  Ryepaw

"sed non obligant."

Last edited by moonazyne on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 11:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: its the children that make history (c)   its the children that make history (c) EmptyMon 12 Feb 2024 - 13:51

Sorting herbs and tidying up the medicine cat den had become second nature to Littlepaw. There was something soothing about having his own den, one that had been forged over the years specifically to house the sick and injured. Everything had a place, and the bank of the river just outside of the mouth of the den would freeze and thaw intermittently with the weather, allowing access to water at all times... even if it meant having to lap at the icy surface.

Overall, he found himself to be rather contented with the circumstance, easing back into the life of a true Riverclanner despite not having experienced it before. He enjoyed keeping his mind busy and off the unpleasant events of the recent moon. Cindersky's tail had been a lost cause from the moment it was ripped away, not even Starclan could have healed that wound. No matter what he tried the injury was so severe that the healing process was arduous and long. A frown worried it's way onto his maw as he thought about it once again.

Cindersky's voice drew him from the cascading thoughts. Littlepaw quickly recognized the emotion there and it caused his tongue to go limp. There wasn't anything quite right to say in response so he nodded in agreement and abandoned his work to pad silently after her. Regardless of the dark cloud that hung in the air, her presence was a natural calm that had developed in kithood. He leaned into the warmth, keeping close enough their pelts brushed gingerly.
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: its the children that make history (c)   its the children that make history (c) EmptyMon 19 Feb 2024 - 13:30

Cindersky

"I'm going to show you how to fish," She said softly, craning her head to look at him as she spoke, and blinking slowly, elaborated. "The first time I met you properly, still a kit, I told you about the river. I said I'd show you how to catch them when we came home."

The burbling of the river got louder with each step. The air taste changed, lighter on the tongue. Still crisp and cold, but fresher. The river itself, patches of ice in more stagnant areas, but flowing free closer to the rocks and corners. She let out a soft 'mrrp', and nudged his shoulder with her cheek to angle him closer to its sandy banks. The grains were moist and cold. It stung her pawpads, but the longer it stood on it, the less chilled it were.

"I... Won't ask you if you are okay," She meowed softly to him, surveying the clear waters for any shadows swimming beneath. "Because... I know you would not be. But I can at least do this. We can talk, and fish, and wander. The Clan will not miss us for a while, so..." She had neglected to even ask Littlepaw if he wished to know how. She just wanted to try and show him that she was okay. That her missing tail, no matter how it looked, did not bother her. Pain, yes. But pain always faded. "And, I do not know if the thought has run through your head at all, but incase it has... I am not mad at you, Littlepaw. Not mad at you for then, for this."

"sed non obligant."

Last edited by moonazyne on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 11:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: its the children that make history (c)   its the children that make history (c) EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 20:40

He appreciated the guidance away from the den, noting the way she prevented him from turning around. It was difficult to look at her tail, finding it to be a constant reminder of what was lost. Cindersky seemed to mind much less than he did. Somehow. The medicine cat swallowed at the thought and instead focused on the familiar comfort of her fur. After they had strayed a short distance from camp, swaying in time with each other's steps the whole way, she finally broke the silence.

Littlepaw peered up at her with wide eyes. His green eye glistened curiously, while the grey one lacked such a sparkle. The warrior had made him a promise all those moons ago and intended to keep it. He couldn't help the overwhelming gratitude, coupled with crashing waves of pure love for the she-cat who had guided him since kithood. Squeezing his eyes shut, the medicine cat pressed into her shoulder. It was the sound of the river that made him look up. A soft cadence of rushing waters, babbling on in an endless pursuit, had become a blissful background to life on the territory.

Patches of ice reminded him of why fishing had been such a foreign concept. Between that and the haze of his vision, Littlepaw worried how challenging the flickering surface would be to navigate, but he trusted Cindersky's guidance. Flickering shadows told the tale of slippery creatures that swam blissfully unaware in the comfort of the river's flow. His pad reached forward to touch a delicate patch of ice perched on the edge just to see how much he could press it down. She called him back with another utterance of words and he abandoned the endeavor as his gaze darkened.

"I never thought you did," He confessed softly, "but that didn't stop me from feeling like I failed you... I'm supposed to be a medicine cat. I'm supposed to be hope. Not the cat who lost his best friend's tail and just watched." Littlepaw shuffled his paws uncomfortably, welcoming the chilling mud as it squished between his pads. There was a brief pause before he added, without looking up to meet her gaze, still focused on the soft earth, "Sometimes I wish I had the heart of a warrior. Like you."
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: its the children that make history (c)   its the children that make history (c) EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 12:49

Cindersky

The shadows of fish swam beneath the surface, deep down to avoid the chill of leaf-bare. Deeper than usual, but that would not cause much of an issue after the first swing. Even after a failed fishing attempt, when the scales yanked away from claws, they were delirious in their escapes. She had often seen them swim into a rock and disorient themselves.

"You did not fail me," Cindersky meowed quietly, craning her head over the edge of the bank to find the closest unfortunate swimmer. "Failure would need an expectation, wouldn't it? I did not expect anything of you. The only thing I wanted was to be able to open my eyes again, and you were all breathing. You, L-..." She swallowed, and moved on.

"Try to keep your shadow off of the water as best you can," She told him softly. "Raise your paw above the water like this, keep your claws unsheathed. Wait until it is stationary, or even moving toward you-- Then swing like a hook. You want to catch its scales and throw it out of the water behind you."

She slunk back just a piece, and pointed with her muzzle toward a braver fish angled toward them. "Give it a try. Don't worry if you do not catch it. Give it your best go, and then I will advise you based on how you do." That was how Larkspring taught her. Did it really stick with her that much? Her chest felt tight, and she swallowed back the emotions the very thought of his name sprung forth. She settled down, keeping her paws tucked under her for warmth, waiting to see how Littlepaw would do. "I did not catch mine on the first try, if I remember correctly. Did I ever tell you about the goose?"

"sed non obligant."

Last edited by moonazyne on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 11:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: its the children that make history (c)   its the children that make history (c) EmptySun 17 Mar 2024 - 21:13

You did not fail me. Littlepaw couldn't swallow as his throat tightened at the response. All this time he'd been carrying around that weight, blaming himself, and Cindersky didn't even hesitate in her reply. The reassurance of her speech had carried him through kithood. Once having been all alone tumbling about the nursery in a sleepless haze, searching for a purpose, the warrior had become his guiding light. He subconsciously leaned closer to the pale-furred molly, relishing in the closeness of their coats. His eyes didn't move away from the flickering surface of the water as tears pricked at the edge of his gaze.

As her instruction continued, the medicine cat sat upwards and straightened up to move his shadow off of the dancing surface. Littlepaw shook his coat without a sound. One forepaw raise and he unsheathed his claws, studying them for a moment. He'd mostly used them for cutting away at herbs while leaving the warriors to catching prey. It was good to know such a skill. Seeking out the fish that she had recommended, Littlepaw's tail tip flicked with immense concentration. He wanted to catch one just for her.

The slender form of the fish as it slipped through the churning waters grew closer and closer. He tried not to twitched or learn forward no matter how hard it was. Finally, deciding it was close enough, his claws tore through the air and cleanly broke the surface of the river. With one swoop, the fish was scooped onto the bank. It flopped around for a few seconds as it longed for the familiar comfort of the water once again. Littlepaw looked up at Cindersky with shining eyes, "I did it! I caught a fish! All thanks to you, Cindersky." A purr broke from his chest as the unhappy feelings melted away in the wake of such a warm moment.

"You overcame your goose eventually," Littlepaw meowed as he placed a paw on the fish, pressing it into the soft mud, "so I think I can too."

Littlepaw tried to catch a fish. [-5sp] It is.... a success!!

Last edited by Ripped on Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 21:20; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15439

PostSubject: Re: its the children that make history (c)   its the children that make history (c) EmptySun 17 Mar 2024 - 21:13

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

its the children that make history (c) Mistpe10
its the children that make history (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: its the children that make history (c)   its the children that make history (c) EmptyWed 20 Mar 2024 - 13:46

Cindersky

Cindersky watched intently, barely able to keep a hold of her anticipation. She almost forgot to breathe, it coming out in a huff as the silvery, slippery thing arced into the air and landed at Littlepaws feet, flailing and floundering about. "Oh, you did it!" She purred happily, his enthusiasm contagious and she felt more pride in him than she ever felt before. And she felt a lot of pride for the small one.

"I barely did a thing, Littlepaw. That was all you," She purred, tipping her muzzle to the centre of his chest as she leaned down. She was quick and suffice in nipping the fish in its killspot, slowing its thrashing and bringing it to a more merciful rest. "You are so much more talented than you know. And I do not say that to put expectations on you, little one, but rather to make sure you know how wanted, and needed, and valued you are. Even if you believe you have made a mistake."

She smiled softly at his remark about the goose. Her chin came to rest atop his head, barely a stoop for her, and her purrs rumbled against his fur. "There are many more geese to come. But we can take feathers for nests from them to," She meowed. "Would you like to try to catch another, or shall we go share your hunt?"

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: its the children that make history (c)   its the children that make history (c) EmptySat 6 Apr 2024 - 19:33

Her praise filled his ears and an erratic, rumbling purr came from the tom's chest. Cindersky was quick to finish off the fish. He looked down at it, ignoring the slight fuzziness of his gaze and focusing on the great accomplishment at his pads. In that moment, Littlepaw felt like a true Riverclanner. Generations of Riverclan blood flowed through his veins and as if life ordained it, his paws had taken a fish from the river. Briefly, he contemplated if his parents were proud and watching from the unseen stars above. Glancing up, his gaze settled on the pelt of the grey warrior next to him. It didn't matter if his parents were watching, Cindersky was.

Leaning into the warmth of her fur and the reassurance of a purr that was filled with both familiarity and love, Littlepaw sighed. The tension in his shoulders seemed to relax as he found his place underneath her chin. Endless gratitude blossomed in the young tom, far more than he could ever express. Without pulling away, he looked up into the fur that threatened to engulf him in the best way. With a twitch of his whiskers, the apprentice meowed softly, "I'll fill your whole nest with goose feathers someday, okay? I want to take this back to camp to show everyone. I... thank you, Cindersky."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: its the children that make history (c)   its the children that make history (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

its the children that make history (c)
Page 1 of 1