Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

comeback kid, The (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 327

comeback kid, The (c)  Empty
PostSubject: comeback kid, The (c)    comeback kid, The (c)  EmptySat 3 Feb 2024 - 3:23

Cindersky
T3 Warrior | RiverClan| she/her
"i loved you like the sun."

Cindersky wasn't quite sure when the last lengthy conversation she had had with Rookflight was. Maybe it was before the journey, or maybe it was in the middle of it before the sickness happened. Once the illness set in, her 'conversations' with them were trying to force water into them while they were both forced to bedrest by Larkspring. Well,-- mainly her--, she refused to sit in one spot for too long. So much had happened in so little time from the point they became coherent again that they hadn't actually said much to each other bar asking if one another was okay. Sickness, healing, waking, black, snap of teeth--. Her steps went rigid, and she stopped so sharply she thought she might topple over.

She shook out her head, taking a deep breath to steady a stuttering heart, and weaved around to where she had heard their voice. She caught a glimpse of her shadow. Her, yet not her. She refused to look at the back of said shadow. If she ignored it, then it wasn't true. She approached the black and light shape of Rookflight, and announced her presence with a soft mew.

discord: @moonazine| timezone: gmt| code (c) kieer

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."

Last edited by moonazyne on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: comeback kid, The (c)    comeback kid, The (c)  EmptyTue 6 Feb 2024 - 5:47

"But I know there's a reason I'm alive."
Rookflight
T3 Warrior | RiverClan | they/he

Despite all the time they'd spent near each other over the course of several moons, Rookflight and Cindersky hadn't talked. There was either too much going on to make any words worth the effort, or the effort itself was physically impossible. But now--when somehow, after everything, RiverClan had returned home, and they were both conscious enough to make sense of speaking... the relief that came at Cindersky's announced presence was no surprise. Rookflight turned away from watching the patrol Lightpaw walked away with, whiskers twitching in quiet greeting when their eyes found Cindersky. They couldn't help the pang that still came when they looked at her, the bitter scent of blood on the back of their tongue. Rookflight did not want to pity her-- they didn't pity her, but the guilt that gnawed at them was fierce and tireless.

"Hello, Cindersky," they said, sitting a little straighter and inclining their head in an invitation for her to sit. In some way, Rookflight found himself suddenly missing the suffering illness, the delirium and down-stuffed throat. There was no expectation to speak when he could hardly keep himself conscious. And truly, there was no expectation from Cindersky to speak regardless... but Rookflight had to. He knew there was much that needed saying. "How are you doing today?" He asked, ever the useless question. "Were you in need of something? ...Did you just want to sit?"
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 8:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: comeback kid, The (c)    comeback kid, The (c)  EmptySun 11 Feb 2024 - 10:38

Cindersky
T3 Warrior | RiverClan| she/her
"i loved you like the sun."

Cindersky answered their first question routinely, with a simple, "I'm okay." She had answered with that every time someone asked her that, even if she was grinding her teeth in pain. She had once said so even when the wound had opened and she had caught a glimpse of her own blood and it had sent her vision black. She flicked her ears and inclined her head, leaning in to him as though studying him and returned the question; "And you? How have you been keeping?"

"I was in need for us to sit and talk," Her lips quirked up at her feeble attempt to make a flat joke. "I... It's been too long since we spoke and... I'm sure you want to know what happened while you were sleeping while ill. That, and I've missed talking to you. The aware you, that is." She may have flicked her tail if it still remained, but all she got was a strained-pain that made her wince and let out a huff. She instead gestured with her head to a more secluded spot where they wouldn't be in anyones way. "Have you been speaking to Larkspring much at all, since?"

discord: @moonazine| timezone: gmt| code (c) kieer

"sed non obligant."

Last edited by moonazyne on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: comeback kid, The (c)    comeback kid, The (c)  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 19:17

Rookflight

Cindersky's response earned a frown and a narrowing of Rookflight's over. They looked her over closely as she came to settle, disbelieving that she'd been honest in saying she was okay, but... it wasn't their place to press. If she wanted to claim she was okay, then Rookflight would let her. If she wouldn't admit to any feelings of soreness--mental or physical--then they would just have to remain conscious of any signs of discomfort or pain she issued. They doubted their ability to do that as much as they doubted Cindersky's truthfulness, but they would at least have to try. Whiskers twitching, Rookflight straightened their expression and lowered their head in a nod. "I am doing far better than I had been. Littlepaw is very good with his herbs. There is still an ache in my chest sometimes... but I have been keeping well."

His brow furrowed until he understood Cindersky's statement to be a joke. Then, Rookflight nodded again and let out a quiet huff as a laugh. Cindersky was right: it had been too long since they had the chance to just... talk. The stress of travel wearing them both down, immediate sickness lasting moons, the journey home while sick... the wolves. Cindersky's wince was thankfully hard to miss. Rookflight shook his head ruefully and padded to the niche she'd indicated, folding himself into the shade and gesturing with his tail for her to do the same. Once she settled, Rookflight mewed, "Now, we may talk. I have missed doing that as well." His whiskers twitched in a quick gesture of fondness. "I would like to know of what I missed, but-- yes, of course I have been speaking to Larkspring." Rookflight's ears lowered, partially curious and partially concerned. He knew Larkspring was busy, and did not visit her as often as Rookflight did, but was he avoiding her? Shaking his head, Rookflight asked, "Why? Have you not?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 8:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: comeback kid, The (c)    comeback kid, The (c)  EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 9:53

cindersky

t3 warrior | riverclan

She couldn't help the small smile of pride that worked its way onto her features as they spoke of Littlepaw.  She felt proud on the medicine apprentices behalf, but also her own kind of pride. A sort of glee at the recognition of him, as though she were showing him off. "He's gifted," She agreed eagerly. "Very gifted. Though, that ache should ease off soon. I found that late-night walks helped, maybe it was the cold air."

She considered what to talk about first. Perhaps that evening she ended up sharing with Larkspring, and how he confided in her-- That was something brothers would like to know, wasn't it? And then she could talk about Littlepaw and how the young tom went to her during restless nights, and then--

"Oh," The word came out of her mouth as they answered about Larkspring almost involuntarily. She cleared her throat and shook her head, though the soft droop of her ears remained. Dissapointment? Dismay? Resignation? She didn't know what she was feeling, but it certainly wasn't good. "Well, I sort of assumed that since he had apprentices now-- Like yourself,-- that he was more busy than usual, but..." Her whiskers twitched, not knowing quite how to put it without sounding like an overly-attached kitten, truly. "He is barely there anymore. I had thought we had gotten closer at the lake, but... Mm, no. He is probably readjusting to being home again, on top of the extra responsibilty of being a mentor. It is just... Different, is all." Different or disheartening, she wasn't sure.  

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: comeback kid, The (c)    comeback kid, The (c)  EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 17:04

Rookflight

Cindersky's pride in Littlepaw was impossible to miss. Even if it weren't the make-up of her words, it shone so brightly through her that even Rookflight could not miss it. It was a sensation they'd become familiar with, but the pang of understanding was no less uncomfortable. There was no other route for Cindersky to follow when the tom she'd taken so fully under her wing was in danger. Rookflight would've done the same, for her and for Lark. "I will try that," they murmured agreeably. "Perhaps we ought to go for a walk together sometime."

There seemed to be something on her mind, but their interjection about Larkspring cleared it away. Rookflight's tail twitched once, just as a mimicry of regret for interrupting the unspoken; then again in a true display, seeing the way Cindersky shifted away from the line of conversation. Still, she provided an answer, and Rookflight's head inclined to acknowledge her. Larkspring was busy, of course... but he was not too busy for Cindersky. He was rarely too busy for Cindersky; and if he was, he would make time for her. Rookflight sighed quietly.

"I do not think it is coming home that has him rattled," they said softly. "I am sure the event with the wolves still harasses him." Rookflight leaned a little closer to their friend and swiped their tail in Cindersky's direction. "Do not assume he no longer cares for you. You are his friend. I am sure he is just worried... frightened? Either way: you ought to ask him why he has been so held up. Some form of conversation would do well, at least."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior