Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Secret that Breaks the Ice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Myrtlebloom - Skyclan //// Sycamorepaw - Windclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Skyclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Windclan - Apprentice
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 319

Secret that Breaks the Ice Empty
PostSubject: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptyWed 31 Jan 2024 - 15:55

Myrtlepaw
Apprentice | Skyclan | She/Her

Myrtlepaw was lying on a slightly snow-covered rocking with her eyes closed, soaking in the warmth of the bright sun. She was reflecting on all that has happened in the past few weeks, the wolf attack, the snowy mountains they fled to, her and her siblings becoming apprentices, but most of all Paledove passing. It was sudden and unexpected. Her siblings were taking it just as hard as she was, but unlike her, some of her siblings had found comfort in Honeypaw. The thought of Honeypaw stepping up and taking her mother's place, made Myrtlepaw wince. 'Great I can't even have one moment of peace' She grumbled as she stood up and stretched out her long slender multi-colored body. If she was going to think about Honeypaw all day she might as well go talk to her.

Myrtlepaw approached Honeypaw and quietly mewed while looking at her tail, "Would you like do some hunting Honeypaw? I would like to talk about some things..." She figured if she was going to talk with Honeypaw she might as well get some hunting in as well, since her training didn't go well. If nothing else maybe she could take her feelings out on some prey critters. Myrtlepaw had thought about sparring, but she wasn't sure how she felt about sparring with Honeypaw and decided it was probably safer to hunt prey instead.

Discord: ChaoticCrow  | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

Myrtlebloom of Skyclan Art:

Sycamorepaw of Windclan Art:

Last edited by ChaoticCrow on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 16:48; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptyFri 2 Feb 2024 - 20:00

Honeypaw

Honeypaw had just been returning to camp when Myrtlepaw approached her.
"Oh, hey there Myrtlepaw!" she greeted warmly. "Hunting?" she flicked her ears. "Of course, I'd love to!" Hunting was certainly not Honeypaw's favorite thing to do, but if it meant spending time with Myrtlepaw, she could bear it. I have to set a good example for them, she reminded herself as she turned to lead Myrtlepaw back out of camp. Since the kits had graduated to apprenticeship and had spent some time training with their mentors, they had already significantly emotionally matured, and Honeypaw hoped that it served as a welcome distraction from their grief.

"We shouldn't stray too far, because there could be predators," she warned Myrtlepaw, "but... where would you like to hunt? I'll let you take the lead, and I'll back you up, whatever you decide." Honeypaw offered. She was well aware that, now that Myrtlepaw was an apprentice, there was no need to treat her like a helpless kit anymore, and wanted to give her some freedom as her equal.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Myrtlebloom - Skyclan //// Sycamorepaw - Windclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Skyclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Windclan - Apprentice
Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptyFri 2 Feb 2024 - 20:47

Myrtlepaw

Myrtlepaw lead the way to the hunting spot that Shatteredsky had taken her to for her hunting assessment. Her ears quickly flickered backwards as she thought of her poor hunting skills and her rude mentor; then they perked back up as to not show discontent too long. Honeypaw didn't treat Myrtlepaw the same way Shatteredsky did. From the first day the kits made it to Skyclan, Honeypaw was there. Myrtlepaw had not forgotten the moss balls she brought the kits to play with, or Paledove instructing the kits to mind their manners; but that was in the past. Paledove wasn't here.

Myrtlepaw turned to face the older apprentice, ears pinned back and a cold look in her bi-colored eyes."Why did you take over my mother's spot? I know we needed someone to care for us but why didn't you let an Adult take care of us? You were basically a kit yourself.." Myrtlepaw slightly hissed before they entered the treeline. Being blunt was the best approach in her mind and She wanted answers.

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 10:57

Honeypaw

Honeypaw followed after her younger friend, oblivious to the tense emotions that were building up until Myrtlepaw turned around and hissed at her. Honeypaw flinched at the she-cat's harsh words, but she understood where they were coming from. Oh, Honeypaw thought, this explains a lot. She took a deep breath to prepare herself for the conversation she always knew she would inevitably have.

"Myrtlepaw," she mewed softly as she continued to follow at her side. "I want you to know that it was never my intention to try and take Paledove's place in your life. I know I could never do that." Her heart felt like it might split open as she spoke of Paledove in the past-tense. She remembered how protective the queen had been of her kits, and how her bond had grown with each visit Honeypaw made to the nursery. She remembered Paledove urging her to go to the medicine den after the owl incident. Paledove had been a fierce cat, and she had departed far too soon. Honeypaw hung her head.

"Paledove entrusted her kits to me before she passed, Myrtlepaw," she spoke softly, bracing herself for the impact her words might have. "It was surprising to me. After all, like you said, I am only an apprentice. But I think she knew that I loved you all, and I was honored to receive her trust." Honeypaw's paws seemed to stop at some point, and she stood behind Myrtlepaw, her eyes stinging.

She braced herself and looked up at her friend, tears clouding her vision so that she couldn't see the other apprentice's face clearly. "I never meant to hurt you." Honeypaw sniffed. "It's just that... my own mother, Thornstalker, died after kitting us. Wolfblossom took over in her stead, but I've always felt this missing piece, you know?" As she blinked, salty tears rolled down her cheeks. Ah, here it comes. "I've never known my mother, but you kits did. I can't imagine how much grief you must all feel for Paledove. I knew I could never take her place, and I wouldn't dream of trying to. I could never be like Paledove. Paledove was amazing. I only hoped to fulfill her dying wishes. I didn't want you to feel alone. I wanted to help you still know that you are loved, even though she is gone. There was always still a place for you, in this clan, and in my own heart."

With that, Honeypaw sat where she was. Unable to meet Myrtlepaw's gaze, she lifted a paw and attempted to wipe the tears from her face. She had managed to be strong up until this point, and now it felt like it was all coming out at once. The kits had been through so much, and now they were all apprentices - her equals. They couldn't be coddled anymore, and Myrtlepaw deserved to know, despite how much it hurt.

"I'm - I'm sorry," she whispered again.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptyTue 6 Feb 2024 - 23:48

Myrtlepaw

Myrtlepaw was taken aback by Honeypaw's word, "Mom put us in the care of Honeypaw? Why would she do that, to such a young cat? She knew Paledove trusted very few cats, Honeypaw being one she trusted, but did she not trust anyone else, that she put her kits care into an apprentice's paws? The tears rolling down Honeypaw's face, as she spoke about her own mother, showed Myrtlepaw just how much she had hurt the older apprentice's feelings. She did not know that Honeypaw's mom had passed during kitting.

Thoughts flooded Myrtlepaw's mind and tears prickled at her eyes, threating to stream down her cheeks. "How could I be so selfish? Here I am snapping at a cat who has only shown me love and affection, and not thinking about how my words would affect her." She had complained about losing her mother early on, but at least she had a chance to meet Paledove. Honeypaw didn't get to meet her mother. Honeypaw was just trying to fill Paledove's dying wish and Myrtlepaw was accusing the poor she-cat of replacing her mother.

Myrtlepaw's body collapsed to the ground as the tears broke free, falling into the snow. "I - I am sorry Honeypaw. I didn't know." She sobbed quietly. Her boddy was shaking. She had so much anger pent up towards the other apprentice, but it all seemed to melt away once the truth was out. Her head felt heavy, but she picked herself up and dragged her body to Honeypaw's feet. She laid down and continued to cry. "I understand if you don't want to be around me anymore, but please don't abandon my siblings. They don't deserve to lose someone they love again. I truly am sorry Honeypaw. I shouldn't have blamed you it wasn't your fault. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me one day." Myrtlepaw silently mewed through the tears.

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptyFri 9 Feb 2024 - 20:48

Honeypaw

"Oh, Myrtlepaw," Honeypaw cried, and curled herself tightly around her young friend as she laid on the ground. "Please don't cry for me. It was an honor to help Paledove." She blinked her tears away. I have to be strong for Myrtlepaw. She's been hurting for so long, and I haven't even realized it. "You have done nothing wrong for me to forgive. I love all of you so much. We have been through so much together, and I want all of us to stick together. I would never abandon any of you." She gave the she-kit some comforting licks on her forehead. "I promise I never will."

As the tears faded, Honeypaw began to purr. "I'm glad we were able to talk about this, Myrtlepaw," she mewed between licks. "I'm sorry you were holding that in for so long. But now that we understand each other better, I think our friendship will become even stronger now. Don't you?" She pulled back, leaning so that she could try to meet her friend's eyes.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 0:56

Myrtlepaw

Myrtlepaw continued to cry at Honeypaw's feet as the older apprentice tried to comfort her. She slowly reeled her emotions in and was able to sit up and meet Honeypaw's gaze. Just looking at the young she-cat made Myrtlepaw want to start sobbing again. She had been so harsh to Honeypaw and yet she still was trying to comfort Myrtlepaw. "Oh Honeypaw, I don't even know what to say. I was so mean to you, and you still want to be my friend? Tears fell off Myrtlepaw's cheeks as she spoke, "From here on out, I swear to be by your side and never doubt you again, Honeypaw. We will be friends forever. No. Not friends, sisters." She returned a few comforting licks to Honeypaw's shoulder. Myrtlepaw vowed to never accuse a cat, out loud, ever again unless she had proof to back her up.

Myrtlepaw is attempting to catch a squirrel

Myrtlepaw: 20 HP \ 60 SP
Honeypaw: 20 HP \ 60 SP

"I suppose we should try to hunt something before it gets too dark." Myrtlepaw said turning her attention to the forest. She hoped her screaming and crying hadn't run off all the prey. Just then she noticed a small, bodied animal bouncing through the snow. "A Squirrel. I know I can catch a squirrel.' Myrtlepaw thought to herself as she lowered down into a crouch. She quickly and swiftly lunged at the squirrel and snapped its neck just like Shatteredsky had taught her. She walked back to Honeypaw and buried the fresh kill in the snow.

Myrtlepaw: 20 HP \ 55/60 SP
Honeypaw: 20 HP \ 60 SP

Last edited by ChaoticCrow on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 16:49; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 0:57

(OOC: Forgot to hit roll dice)

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15102

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 0:57

The member 'ChaoticCrow' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Secret that Breaks the Ice Mistpe10
Secret that Breaks the Ice Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 18:08

Honeypaw

Honeypaw purred and rubbed cheeks with her friend.
"Of course I still want to be friends," she affirmed. "That's right - friends forever!" she agreed. "Sisters!" She gave Myrtlepaw a friendly headbutt and sighed. She nodded in agreement at the suggestion to hunt - that was why they had come out here, after all.

"Great catch!" she praised as Myrtlepaw returned back with a plump squirrel. She looked around, her ears pricked for the sounds of movement. She lowered herself into a crouch and stalked through the underbrush, carefully placing paw after paw. Her tail skimmed the leaves and her jaws parted to bring in the scents of prey.

Honeypaw sensed movement in the bracken ahead. Please, StarClan, she prayed, please let me catch this one. She bunched her hindquarters in preparation to pounce just as a vole scampered from beneath the patch of bracken. Honeypaw pounced!

Honeydew attempts to catch the vole... FAIL!!
... but the vole was too fast! It darted between Honeypaw's outstretched claws.

Honeypaw sighed and turned back to her friend, her tail dragging through the leaves.
"I'm beginning to think I can't ever catch prey when I'm with someone," she mewed. "I always miss. But when I'm alone, I have more luck. Maybe it's the pressure," she suggested with a light-hearted shrug.

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 18:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15102

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 18:08

The member 'uwubers' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Secret that Breaks the Ice Mistpe10
Secret that Breaks the Ice Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice EmptyTue 5 Mar 2024 - 20:29

Myrtlepaw

A slight smile came across Myrtlepaw’s face as Honeypaw spoke to her. She was happy the older apprentice was a kind and understanding cat. A purr rattled in her chest as she received praise for her catch. Her mentor never spared her praise, and she could not help but beam with pride. Myrtlepaw was not the best at hunting or fighting for that matter, but she gave it her all.

Myrtlepaw watched as the other molly stalked a vole; she winced when Honeypaw missed the prey. She walked up to Honeypaw and brushed her cheek against the apprentice’s cheek, “It’s ok Honeypaw, I know you’ll get it next time!” Myrtlepaw brushed her tail agaist Honeydew’s back, “Come on, let’s head back to camp.”

The two young cats made their way back to camp with enough prey to excuse their absence. The wounds of the past were on the road of healing and a new bond was forming. An unbreakable bond not made by blood but made by love. From this day on, Myrtlepaw no longer looked at Honeypaw as the cat who took her mother’s place but as a sister who stepped up when she was asked.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret that Breaks the Ice   Secret that Breaks the Ice Empty

Back to top Go down

Secret that Breaks the Ice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Starfall Territory-