Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i am not my mothers daughter (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 326

i am not my mothers daughter (c) Empty
PostSubject: i am not my mothers daughter (c)   i am not my mothers daughter (c) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 11:18 am

cindersky

t2 warrior | riverclan

There was a cure going around, Cindersky had heard. And then there was that ill-fated clan meeting, and Cindersky made a promise to herself that she would find time to go speak with Perchstar. Since they journey had started, they had said little to each other of not the briefest of exchanges. Then came the illness, and although Cindersky still struggled to keep one paw in front of the other and the crackle out of her breathing, she would seek her leader, her mentor, out. She followed the bi-coloured pelt until she was close enough, and with her voice still-hoarse (despite Larkspring practically forcing the wet moss onto her), she called out; "Perchstar?"

Maybe Perchstar did not wish to speak with her. She was still sick, after all, and Perchstar only just recently brought back from the brink. And she had the threat of SkyClan to deal with and as much as Cindersky would rather ignore that the potential problem was there, it was current and stark. She waited a moment, and when she realised that Perchstar was not turning away from her or running for the hills, asked her; "How are you doing? You look much better, now. Littlepaw is growing into his rank quickly."

template by #kiikko

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: i am not my mothers daughter (c)   i am not my mothers daughter (c) EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 11:44 pm

Perchstar lay in her makeshift den, just as she had for most of their time at the lake. But no longer was she doing so in a delirious, fevered, half-dreaming state. Littlepaw had worked wonders, and the worst of her illness had begun to abate. However, now she was left only with her thoughts. For example--the thought that most of her Clan probably thought that she had barely been spared the loss of a life. When, in fact, she had died... just days before the cure had finally been shared with RiverClan. She'd lost a life to this awful sickness, in front of Rookflight, and thus one of her few chances to save a Clanmate or work even longer had been wasted. The reminder caused a brief huff of frustration to shake her shoulders, since she did not think anyone was nearby. She didn't like how callously she was beginning to view her own deaths. The first time she'd died, it had been an ordeal. The second time had been a tragedy. Now, on her fifth time passing to the stars and returning, she'd begun to see herself as an expendable resource--not just her time and her energy, but her very life itself. It ought to have worried her. It didn't, and that was the problem. She could see no issue with her own logic. If she had more lives, then should she not use them up in order to save the lives of her Clanmates who could only die once? Would it not be best for her to take any and every blow, just as she had to save Poppyshine the first time she'd been taken by the jaws of a fox? How could it not be the objective answer? And yet she knew that if Poppyshine heard her say so, she would be appalled. It confused her because she recognized yet another shortcoming of her ability to understand. She'd never been able to glean the rules of socialization instinctively, as most cats did, leading to her life as a young cat being secluded and miserable. And now, even as a leader with experience taking care of her Clan, she still would never truly be like them. She would never truly be one of them. So she laid alone on the floor, staring out at a distant snowdrift and wishing she could either be truly emotionless or feel properly as her friends did. This in-between had always been agonizing.

A voice startled her from her reverie. Blinking, Perchstar raised her head to see the familiar face of Cindersky. Her face regulated quickly and automatically to a calm blankness rather than a dull stare. "Hello." Her own voice echoed the hoarseness from disuse, and she coughed once into her own ruff of fur to try and clear it out. The kind she-cat's comments confused her, if anything, but she accepted them as best she could with a single flick of her torn, scarred ear. "I am feeling better than I was. I hope to resume my duties soon. I am sorry I have been unhelpful during this difficult time." The leader rolled her shoulders back, hoping that her position half-splayed on the floor did not make her look too undignified--but she did not really have the energy to get up, as the herbs could only do so much of the recovery work. "Yes... I am very grateful for Littlepaw. He has done very well. His gifts have saved RiverClan practically single-pawed." It was a lot of weight to put on a young apprentice... weight that she wished she could have shouldered. She hated that she'd been forced to push so much authority and burden onto him at such a tender age. It wouldn't do to dwell on it, though, not now. "How are you, Cindersky? You haven't been... refusing herbs, have you?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: i am not my mothers daughter (c)   i am not my mothers daughter (c) EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 11:15 am

cindersky

t2 warrior | riverclan

Perchstars apology threw her for a loop, and it was very evident on her face. She blinked slowly, as if the very concept took time to process in her mind, and then she interjected just as Perchstar finished speaking. "Why are you apologising?" She mumbled, beginning to lower herself into a loafed position despite how tricky the simple task was. The closer she got to the ground, the more her vision churned and twisted, but it would settle soon enough. "None of us planned to be sick, and you're a cat just as much as the rest of us. You did all you could."

She licked her lips at the praise she offered for Littlepaw, and felt a warm kind of pride on his behalf. He was extraordinarily talented, and he took that in his stride. They'd be lost without him-- And her eyes snapped back onto hers, a warmth itching her pelt that she wasn't quite sure was the remnant of fever anymore. She let out a hoarse chuckle, and shook her head, closing her eyes again to calm the vertigo of the movement. "Not... not refusing herbs, I promise," She smiled nervously at her, like a kit being scolded by a parent. "I've been more-so... letting others go first. I-.. I'm not that sick. I can go without them for a while, so I decided to let others have  them first. I will have them after though, I swear on StarClan's name,-- just not before the others."

template by #kiikko

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i am not my mothers daughter (c)   i am not my mothers daughter (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

i am not my mothers daughter (c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Southern Lake :: East Shore-
Jump to: