Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Wellerman Sea Shanty!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 3093

Wellerman Sea Shanty! Empty
PostSubject: Wellerman Sea Shanty!   Wellerman Sea Shanty! EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024 - 18:20

(OOC:
shamelessly continuing the theme of sea songs for titles!
This song I actually had heard before this deep dive of sea songs I have recently been on.
There are a couple speedy approved versions on spotify but again it is covered by many many artists:
I like the one by the longest johns decently enough
The one done by nathan evans is also very very nice! He does it a bit faster and hmm idk how to say but more upbeat and aggressive??

I think this works nicely as a topic title for it because it is all about getting supplies sugar, tea ext. and the pirate crew is here to scam scraps off the twolegs (their tradition includes letting the forest heal so they supliment their meals with twoleg goodies)
)

Forest was a gruff cat and while his mood was improved greatly from the clan cats leaving, he was good at hiding his gruff side when around the twolegs.  He knew how to put on a good act and pretend to be and play the good kitty-cat and get their attention for food scraps.  Putting up with their pats and oohs and awes was humiliating but he knew that to get the food they needed it was needed to play the part at paw.

He glanced around at the crew mates that had agreed to join him

"Remember, twolegs are pretty simple creatures, they just like ya to look nice and purr a little for em' ... oh how he hated this but food was food, something the clans never did seem to learn hence their disaperence.

In forests mind, if one could not adapt one deserved to get booted, especially since the clans were so engrained and stubborn in their rules.

"if we purr enough they give us that canned stuff... its no where near fresh kill but it will keep your belly full and we need to let the forest keep healing for now.  The clans were pretty rough on the prey population and while its starting to heal its got room to imporve

he flicked his tail for anyone that wanted to follow and headed in twoards the nest of twolegs.  He knew one particular nest that had an older lady in it, she was usually very kind and gave the best scraps of food.

(... in case it is not clear by now... I really like to mix things up and do new ideas and explore all sorts of new ways, mostly cause I dont like things getting repetitive, so I think... people can roll for how good an act their kitty is able to put on.

So:

use the dice roll and roll an EFFECT dice: the higher the better:

5 or 6 ... did you go to acting school?? you look adorable and the twoleg is tricked into giving you the bestest of treats! Some fish!

3 or 4 ... not bad you get some normal kitty food

1 or 2 ... Forest probably should have been more clear not to bite them or whatever you just did cause they did not like that and did not give you anything

)

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Wellerman Sea Shanty!   Wellerman Sea Shanty! EmptyFri 12 Jan 2024 - 16:26

Rose followed the gruff tom warily, ears pricked and gaze always scanning her surroundings. She did not know where exactly she stood within the rogue group, hanging as she did around the edges and yet often contributing prey to the fresh-kill pile. When Forest had selected cats to accompany him to Twolegplace, however, she had also been chosen. Maybe it was because of the kill she had landed on the dog… self-consciously, she flicked her tail against the scar on her side. Already it had healed, a shallow wound despite how painful it had been in the moment.

Forest laid out some instructions, and Rose listened. With a yawn and a purr, she followed him to rub against the Twoleg’s legs. Unfortunately, however, the action aggravated her side, causing her to draw back with a hiss. She cared little. Any food was better than none.

Last edited by cocoa on Fri 12 Jan 2024 - 16:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15439

PostSubject: Re: Wellerman Sea Shanty!   Wellerman Sea Shanty! EmptyFri 12 Jan 2024 - 16:26

The member 'cocoa' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Wellerman Sea Shanty! Mistpe10
Wellerman Sea Shanty! Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wellerman Sea Shanty!   Wellerman Sea Shanty! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wellerman Sea Shanty!
Page 1 of 1