Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

what I thought I knew (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

what I thought I knew (c) Empty
PostSubject: what I thought I knew (c)   what I thought I knew (c) EmptyTue 9 Jan 2024 - 14:11

The fresh-kill pile was full again, but for some reason Bubblepaw found that she had no appetite. Maybe it was from the moons of starvation. Or maybe it was just because of everything else. Her throat was too tight to swallow. It felt pointless to sit here like this with a bird in front of her, staring at its feathers as if just looking long enough would make her hungry. How many days half-dreaming had she spent wishing for prey like this, just a single bite? How many nights had she awoken, belly hollow, aching too much for rest? And now here she was, finally able to eat, and she just... couldn't. It would be worrying if she could muster up the strength to worry about it. Her gaze grew unfocused, staring more at the snow beneath the bird than at the fresh-kill itself.

This wasn't helpful. Maybe if she went on a patrol or talked to someone, she'd be more productive than waiting for her appetite to reemerge. But just as Bubblepaw gave up on eating and decided to return the bird so a Clanmate could eat it, she came face-to-face with another cat. Rainfrost. Her Uncle Rain. At some point, when she hadn't been paying attention, she must have grown--because they were almost eye to eye. Pale green eyes stared with shock into mismatched yellow and blue. When had she gotten this tall? Surely it hadn't been on the journey when she'd had nothing to eat. She still had to crane her neck just slightly to see him... but only slightly. How long ago had it been that his paw had been the size of her head? Coming face-to-face with the passage of time made her sit down hard, causing a quiet thump as her tail met the snow. Belatedly, she tried to smile, pushing away thoughts of belly-full emptiness and long-past kithood days. "Hey, Rainrain," Bubblepaw said. The warmth in her voice couldn't quiet chase away the hollowness from her eyes. How long had it been since they'd spoken one-on-one like this? With a start, she remembered the scar on her face. Hurriedly she turned her gaze away, hoping that Uncle Rain wouldn't stare at it too much. "I was just... Do you want this bird? I'm done eating. You should have it."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: what I thought I knew (c)   what I thought I knew (c) EmptyThu 1 Feb 2024 - 19:14

RainfrostSouthern Lake

Rainfrost has not been taking this transition well.

Leafbare is the worst time of year for him at the best of times. Sensitive to the cold, prone to sickness, and always reminded of his worst memories when the snow begins to fall, despite his name, Rainfrost could happily do without the whole season. And, while normally his weaker stature isn’t much of a hindrance to him, food deprivation has taken its toll, and Rainfrost feels about as useful as a rotted piece of prey being dragged along by his clan. And that was before he got sick.

Emotionally, leaving behind his home, and then, Juniperheart going missing in the process… Well. Rainfrost was already feeling fraught. He felt very far away from his own head right now, wracked with grief and fear, hyperaware of his own weakness and struggling to make up for it. And Crookedlight was so sick. What little energy Rainfrost had was becoming devoted to taking care of his best friend as best he could, because he refused to lose anybody else.

But illness and heightened emotions aside, Rainfrost was still a warrior, and more than that, still a mentor. Still an uncle, still had his family to look out for. Bubblepaw was far too young to have gone through all she had in recent moons.

And, stars, looking at her now, she’d gotten so big. When did that happen? He’s reminded of watching Juniperheart grow up, and it caused a similar pang in his chest. It felt like he blinked and suddenly everything had changed. Rainfrost had to swallow a lump in his throat before he could finish approaching his niece, staring listlessly down at a bird.

Bubblepaw’s smile was small and barely-there, far from the huge grins he normally associated with her, and her face has been changed with the large scar across it. Another pang; he should’ve protected her from getting hurt like that. He’s aware he couldn’t be everywhere at once, but still. She’s still just an apprentice. Her eyes were so tired. Rainfrost felt an urge to give her some kind of comforting affection, but had no idea where to start.

Voice hoarse from sickness, Rainfrost said, “Why don’t we share it? It’s been hard for me to eat as much as I should, and I don’t want to waste any food.” He flicked his tail towards her. “Besides… It would be nice to share a meal with you, Bubble.” I’m sorry I haven’t been here for you like I should be. I’ll fix that. I promise. The words get stuck in Rainfrost’s throat, and he swallows hard to contain them as he moves to sit down at his apprentice’s side, tail swishing gently through the cold snow.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

PostSubject: Re: what I thought I knew (c)   what I thought I knew (c) EmptySun 4 Feb 2024 - 20:06

Always so kind. Bubblepaw didn't miss the hoarseness in Uncle Rain's voice when he spoke, and it caused her small smile to fade into a concerned frown. "You sure? It sounds like you could use the whole thing. Actually--you probably need some water, too. Hang on." No protests could stop her as she whisked away to the medicine den and returned swiftly with some water-soaked moss. It was cold from the snow, but it should do the job. A drink should help soothe his uncomfortable, scratchy throat. She was no medicine cat--but hopefully it helped. The last thing she wanted was for the conversation he had with her to be painful. "Here you go. This and the bird. I can help a little bit... I guess."

Caring for someone else had momentarily assuaged the inner discomfort eating her alive from her stomach outward, but looking again at the piece of prey she'd been unable to eat made nausea rise in her throat. She attempted to swallow it down. He said he wanted to spend time with her, and she'd be lying if she said she hadn't missed him while he lay practically comatose in the makeshift medicine den. So she raised her eyes from the prey and gently batted it towards him with a soft gray paw. "You start eating, and I'll, uh... I'll finish the rest." Her tail wrapped around herself tightly. The idea of consuming anything right now made her want to vomit. She had to talk about something--anything. She was supposed to be talkative, right? Remembering their first interaction, the way she'd asked question after question and never shut up, was such a stark contrast from her current self. Like a shadow darkened by the lack of sunlight. "So, uh... how are you doing? I mean. Besides the sickness and stuff. Sorry, that was a stupid question." Her ears pinned back against her head. Stupid. She couldn't even talk right.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what I thought I knew (c)   what I thought I knew (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

what I thought I knew (c)
Page 1 of 1