Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [M]oonkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [M] WC Kit
Number of posts : 731

Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] Empty
PostSubject: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] EmptyFri 5 Jan 2024 - 9:56

Nectarflower

Nectarflower heaved a cough, her chest burning from the pressure in her lungs, and found her paws. Her fur was ruffled from sleeping on it too long, but that was the least if her concerns. Finchspeckle, one of her two surviving daughters, was missing. At first, Nectarflower had hoped she would return, weaving tales of a wild adventure, but it was impossible to deny that something bad had happened. Now that she was coherent enough to leave the camp on her own - it was time to resume the search for her daughter.

The search parties had long since been called off and most had without a doubt given up hope that the firey she-cat would return. Nectarflower, however, couldn't bring herself to give up. They'd never found a body or even any signs that Finchspeckle had been hurt. It was as if she'd simply vanished. Green eyes flashing in the pre-dawn light, the tortoiseshell silently made her way around the sleeping bodies of her clanmates, intent on going out alone. 

It was dangerous to go out into unfamiliar territory much less by herself, but she wouldn't be able to rest easy if she brought someone with her and the search went sideways and they got hurt. No, she had to do this alone - even Eveningpaw couldn't know. Nectarflower loved her, but she could get nervous so easily, not a bad trait, but she didn't want to worry the younger she-cat.

Placing her paws lightly, the warrior made her way to the edge of Windclan's temporary camp, hesitating at the edge for a moment as she considered which way to go. It would be best to retrace their path back to the mountain, but they'd combed over the area so many times already...she would have to broaden her search. Maybe Finchspeckle had been picked up by two twolegs and was in a one of the nearby twolegplace? It was a long shot, but she had to try. 

Clearing her throat and wincing at the sting in her throat, Nectarflower steeled herself for the journey ahead and stepped forward, prepared to leave her clan behind until she had found Finchspeckle or, at the very least, what remained of her. Sweet Eveningpaw would miss her, but Nectarflower knew that she would insist on going with her if she knew what was happening. That couldn't happen, she was safer here.

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

PostSubject: Re: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] EmptyFri 5 Jan 2024 - 17:06

Galepaw

Galepaw was awake.
He had woken before the first rays of dawn shone into the den, sitting upright in his nest. His mind still raced with the remnants of the dream. Chasing Cloudypaw but never being able to catch up to her. A massive cat towering over him, silhouetted against the moon, its resentful amber eyes glowering. The suffocating sensation as dirt filled his mouth, and the desperate mewling of kits. He shook his head to clear it of the sensation, definitely not tired enough to go back to sleep. And risk going back to that dream? No thanks! I'll go hunt this morning, and bring Cloudypaw some freshkill before she even wakes. She'll like that.

He got to his paws and padded outside into the crisp, chilling pre-dawn air. Silverpelt was starting to fade, and he could see the sky beginning to grow lighter beyond the eastern mountain range. There was a fresh layer of snow that had fallen overnight, he noticed. Galepaw opened his mouth to let the scents of the camp pour into his mouth.

Cat-scent, very fresh. Galepaw followed the direction of the scent towards the camp entrance. The dawn patrol shouldn't be headed out quite yet, he thought curiously. And this is the scent of a single cat. Usually, cats didn't wander outside of camp alone, due to the unfamiliar and unpredictability of this territory. Intrigued, Galepaw decided to follow the scent.

He lowered himself into his best crouch, he stealthily stepped through the barrier. He didn't have to go far, as the cat-scent became suddenly much stronger. Just before him he saw the silhouetted figure of a familiar queen, Nectarflower, one of Morningmoon's friends. Alarm prickled through Galepaw's pelt and he stepped forward, revealing himself at once.

"Wait, Nectarflower," he whispered, a soft hiss in the gloom. He caught up to her in a few strides of his growing, lanky legs. I don't know where she's going, he considered, but maybe she would like some company. I need to make sure my clanmates are safe! Casually, he mewed, "Are you going hunting? Would you mind some company?" His soronous voice was smooth as velvet, and he met the warrior's gaze with confidence, holding his tail high.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [M]oonkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [M] WC Kit

PostSubject: Re: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 16:38

Nectarflower

A brisk wind ripped across the grassy hills, up towards Nectarflower, and raked through her fur with a vengeance. She shuddered at the ferocity of it and pinned her ears back against her head to avoid the dull roaring in her head. This was...certainly poor weather for such an expedition, but it was now or never. She had to leave before she lost her nerve - and Finchspeckle deserved more than a frightened mother who was too scared to look for her. As quickly as it had come, the wind faded, leaving her shaking slightly from the sudden chill that had settled into her bones.

She sniffled quietly, holding back a dry cough, and swung her head toward the mountains they had traversed to get here. That was where she'd lost Finchspeckle and where she would begin her search. She would need to move fast and find a way to cover her tracks, though, so she couldn't be followed. A pang of grief shot through her heart at the idea of her friends and family searching for yet another missing clanmate. They would be fine, she decided, after a moment. If she didn't do this, she would always wonder what became of her daughter.

Mind made up and body beginning to warm up again, Nectarflower turned towards the gray peaks of the mountains, her usually bright eyes dark with determination. Nothing could stop her now. Or, at least, she thought so, until a voice broke through the blissful silence of the early morning. Whipping around with a startled expression, Nectarflower's gaze instantly found Galepaw, and her mood soured. "Oh! Galepaw..." There was almost never a time that she was upset to see her clanmates, but this was an exception. Him being here could ruin her entire plan!

Luckily, he'd had the sense to keep his voice down, but what was he doing awake at this hour anyway? Most apprentices were fast asleep, getting as much rest as possible before being dragged out for training or patrols. Smoothing over her expression, the tortoiseshell she-cat considered Galepaw for a moment. She didn't know him all that well - if she told him her plan, he could easily run back to the camp and tell everyone. Then, she'd be going nowhere.

But, at the same time, she couldn't lie to the young tom and say yes. He seemed dead set on joining her for what he thought was just a simple hunting patrol. But, well, if he would agree to keeping her journey a secret, at least someone would know what had happened to her if she never returned. Taking a deep breath, the she-cat shook her head. "No, I'm not hunting." She lowered her head toward the younger cat, voice soft. "Actually, can you keep a secret for me?"

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 17:09

Galepaw

Galepaw noted the she-cat's expression when she first discovered he was behind her, and the surprise in her tone. Not hunting? Clearly, she's up to something, he considered. If she wasn't hunting, she definitely wasn't doing a border patrol, either. It was far too dangerous for cats to go out by themselves.  He watched as Nectarflower's eyes softened. Keep a secret? he wondered, from who? He stared at the warrior for a good long moment.

Galepaw dipped his head politely to the queen. "I would do anything to protect my clanmates," he finally conceded, not sure he wanted to make such a promise, but this was coming from Nectarflower, a warrior of his own clan. What is the worst she could be doing? If he was allowed to accompany her, surely she would have better chances if they were to come across a rogue or predator. She'll be safer if she's with me, he thought self-assuredly.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 17:55

Nectarflower

Nectarflower considered the young tom's response for a moment, her tail twitching thoughtfully behind her. It was a pretty elusive response...but at least he hadn't outright denied her the chance to explain herself. And if he really would do anything for his clanmates, maybe that extended to finding Finchspeckle too. Gathering a breath, the tortoiseshell stepped closer to Galepaw and dipped her head to him. It was a risk she would have to take since he'd already stumbled upon her

"I'm going to look for my daughter, Finchspeckle." To the average cat, it may seem like a perfectly reasonable thing to do, but to those who knew of the situation, it was worrying at best. Finchspeckle had gone missing on the journey here - not long after Smallstar and Jayfrost dissapeared - and searching for her meant returning to the mountains. The trek here had been perilous at best and that was with the strength of five clans. A single cat making the journey alone...

Nectarflower barely repressed a shudder. No. It would be fine. Besides, Galepaw was born shortly after their arrival at the lake...he likely didn't know the dangerous lands her search would lead her into. With any luck, she could convince him to keep her secret and stay behind. "She went missing on the trip here and nobody was able to find her - but I'm going back to keep looking." Her eyes narrowed at that and she turned to stare at the tall, shadowed peaks of the mountain range.

"I'll come back..." She began slowly, "But I have to at least try. It's the least she deserves." Nectarflower looked back at Galepaw, her determined expression making it clear that her mind was made up. Nothing he could say would deter her now. Even if he woke the entire clan up and they tried to track her down...she was fast, she would simply run until they gave up. And they would give up. One life wasn't worth risking several, apparently. She had realized that when cats began to go missing.

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] EmptyTue 9 Jan 2024 - 10:30

Galepaw

Galepaw's fur pricked at the name. Finchspeckle? That felt... familiar, somehow. Where have I heard that name before? He studied the queen's expression, her body language, and her movements. This must mean a lot to her if she's willing to sneak out of camp and risk her life for it. It's her daugher, for StarClan's sake!

"Then it'll be safer if you take some cat with you," Galepaw suggested. "Finding your daugher-" or whatever is left of her, Galepaw thought grimly, "-is important to you, and you are my clanmate. And so is Finchspeckle, though I have never met her." He turned his gaze in the direction Nectarflower had been taking, and realized it led away from the territories entirely.
"Alright then," he decided, "Let's go."

The thrill of adventure blazed in Galepaw's heart. Leaving the territory sounded risky, dangerous even. He had grown up here all his life, and he knew nothing else. And yet... all of these cats had once lived somewhere else, back in their true home. They crossed mountains to get to the lake. They all had so much experience with the wilds that Galepaw couldn't even fathom. Well, now is my chance, he thought, to prove what a great WindClan warrior I will be.

He turned toward the mountains, looking over his shoulder expectantly at Nectarflower, more than ready for the distraction and to leave the rest of his worries back at camp.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] EmptyTue 9 Jan 2024 - 12:59

Nectarflower

Instantly, Nectarflower's pelt stuck up on end, her paws tingling with discomfort at Galepaw's suggestion. While not incorrect, it would be entirely irresponsible of her if she allowed him to accompany her on such a perilous quest! However, she regarded him for a moment, his initiative and selflessness were admirable. Regardless of whether or not it was rooted in the glory of leaving his home behind for adventure. Still, she couldn't knowingly lead him into such danger, it was bad enough as is that she was leaving, how would the clan feel if they both vanished overnight?

Quickly, she darted in front of the apprentice to bar his way, her tail lashing. "Galepaw!" She whispered, "You don't understand how dangerous this journey is - if I did let you come, we may never return." She stared at him intensely, trying to drive the point home. "Could you live with that?" She demanded. "Never seeing your friends or kin again?" His sister, Cloudypaw...surely, he wouldn't risk a life with her for a taste of adventure. 

With a sigh, Nectarflower's expression softened and she lowered her head to Galepaw's level. "You'll cross the mountains eventually. And when you do, you'll want all of Windclan at your side, not just me." Despite this, she could see the fire within the tom, the determination in him to do good. At least, she hoped that's what that was. Sighing, she stepped back, her ears twitching. The sun would rise soon, she didn't have much time. "The clan will wake soon...I will let you walk me to the border, that is all, deal?"

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024 - 8:27

Galepaw

Galepaw flinched at the mention of his kin, like a thorn pricking his heart. Morningmoon and Cloudypaw... He swallowed back his dark memories and met the she-cat's eyes firmly, intensely, his tail lashing back and forth. "Cloudypaw is strong," he declared, "She can handle herself now."

"You are just as important as any other WindClan cat," he meowed evenly, "and if the mountains are as dangerous as I've heard, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had knowingly let you go by yourself, if you never returned. We will be stronger together, and there's a better chance of us both coming back," he reasoned. "Besides," he lifted his muzzle at the proud queen, "Two noses, and two sets of eyes, are better than one when searching for Finchspeckle, don't you agree?" He hoped his reasoning would sink in, and Nectarflower would let him go further than just the border. Maybe if I prove how strong and reliable I am on the way, he thought, she will think twice before leaving me at the border.

"I'll go with you to the border," he agreed, dipping his head respectfully. "If you insist. But I hope you change your mind," he said, his gaze reaching, burning amber coals set in his tortoiseshell face.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] EmptySun 14 Jan 2024 - 23:03

Nectarflower

Galepaw's reaction didn't go unnoticed, but Nectarflower unfortunately didn't have time to unpack what was bothering him. Family spats happened on occasion and whatever it was, he didn't seem horribly upset by it. He was right, Cloudypaw could no doubt take care of herself, but that wasn't what worried the tortoiseshell she-cat. The feeling of being all alone in the world was far too familiar to her. Back when she was expecting her kits - after Weaselfoot, Ferntwist, and Rosepaw had died...she'd never felt so alone. Cloudypaw didn't deserve to feel that way.

Regardless, something in the way Galepaw spoke. Something about that tireless determination tugged at her conscience. It would do no good to lead the young apprentice into danger, but she admired his courage and loyalty to a cat he'd never met before. Surely, Finchspeckle would approve and appreciate his care for her. He made several good points and yet...what would she say if she came back without him? If she was forced to return and leave his body and spirit lost in the wilderness of unknown lands? Would Starclan find them if they died on this quest? 

Thankfully, Galepaw relented and Nectarflower's shoulders relaxed. He was a strong cat, but too many had been lost already. She would allow him to escort her to the border, but his life would not be on her paws. It was bad enough that he would have to make the trek back to the camp alone. With a sigh, Nectarflower turned to the mountain and flicked her tail, gesturing for him to follow her. "Alright then, to the border, but no further." She meowed. "For the record, you're right...two are better than one and under different circumstances, I would gladly accept the help."

With a rue smile, Nectarflower looked back at Galepaw, her eyes tired. "But you're needed here. It's selfish of me to leave now when Windclan needs as many warriors as they can get but...I can't give up until I know what happened to her." Fur fluffed out to defend against the icy breeze, Nectarflower trotted closer to the outskirts of the territory, her head swiveling to and fro as she scanned the plains for danger. "You are a brave cat, Galepaw, but don't let your bravery get the better of you. There are cats that need you more than I."

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] EmptyMon 15 Jan 2024 - 16:39

Galepaw

Galepaw listened intently as the queen spoke. Wise words, he mused. Spoken from a cat with moons of experience with heartache. His heart ached for his clanmate.

"I think I understand, because I would feel the same if Cloudypaw went missing," he mewed as they trotted along, fur brushing past bushes and tussocks, snow crunching underpaw. The pale streaks of dawn were beginning to show in the sky overhead, and the world was beginning to wake up. The dawn patrol would be leaving soon. He let Nectarflower's praise and her advice sink in.

Just then the wind picked up, bringing new scents to Galepaw's attention.
I've never smelled that before, he thought, pausing on the track.
"Nectarflower," he hissed, signaling with his tail. "What's that scent?"
And why does it make my fur stand on end?

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] EmptyWed 31 Jan 2024 - 21:08

Nectarflower

As the two walked closer and closer to the edge of their temporary territory, a breeze picked up, bringing with it a suspiciously familiar scent. It wasn't a creature Nectarflower had ever been forced to chase one off before, but she'd seen them in passing. Not terribly dangerous on their own, but quite deadly if you found a family of them. Her nose twitched once, before a scowl settled across her face. Weasels. They were wiry little creatures with thorn sharp teeth, not something she'd been planning on encountering today, much less with Galepaw in tow.

The fur along her spine prickled and Nectarflower turned to the young tom, speaking in a low whisper. "I know, I smell it too." She peered out at the surrounding grassy plain, head swiveling from left to right, before lowering herself to Galepaw's height. "There are weasels nearby, slippery beasts, small as they are." Thankfully, there didn't seem to be very many of them and, with a flick of her tail for him to follow her, Nectarflower crept away from the scent, trying to give the weasels a wide berth. It would do no good to get into a fight now, not when she had somewhere to be and especially not with Galepaw's safety in her paws.

Weasels, despite their size, were ferocious, the warrior wanted nothing to do with them. However, the long creatures must have heard their pawsteps from within their burrow because, not a moment later, scuffling from the right caught Nectarflower's attention. A slender nose popped out of a hole in the ground, followed by a triangular head and then, another nose. Freezing, Nectarflower waited, hoping the weasels would lose interest, but as they slithered out of their den, she realized that a fight was upon them. They were likely hungry and desperate for anything they could get their claws into. Who wasn't at this point, though.

Growling, she leveraged herself between Galepaw and the two weasels, her fur puffed out and teeth bared. "Stay back Galepaw, I don't want you to get hurt." She hissed. The moment the words left her jaws, the first weasel attacked with a chitter, digging its teeth into Nectarflower's foreleg. She snarled and shook the creature of, stepping carefully around it before aiming a heavy blow at its head. The thin beast shrieked, then skittered back, hissing and spitting. The second weasel, which had wisely hung back until now, danced forward with its back arched and flank presented to them. It slithered around Nectarflower and lashed out at Galepaw with sharp claws before falling back, its beady eyes gleaming.

Weasel #1 used Gripping Bite! -7 HP and -15 SP. 
Weasel #2 used War Dance on Galepaw! -6 HP and -15 SP. It cannot be hit this turn!
Nectarflower used Experienced Steps on Weasel #1! -8 HP and -10 SP. Stunned for 1 turn!

Nectarflower: Mild Illness Debuff
(-7) 51/60 HP
(-10) 110/140 SP

Galepaw: Mild Illness Debuff
(-6) 12/20 HP
40/60 SP

Weasel #1: Stunned - Turn 0/1
(-8) 12/20 HP
(-15) 120/135 HP

Weasel #2
20/20 HP
(-15) 120/135 HP

[Firepaw] SkC Apprentice
[Moonkit] WC Kit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]   Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Life Ever go as Planned? [C]
Page 1 of 1