Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Second verse, same as the first [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 499

Second verse, same as the first [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Second verse, same as the first [closed]   Second verse, same as the first [closed] EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 9:36 pm

The lake was always Scorch's favorite place, but lately it was a crowded zoo.

There must have been at least 100 cats passing through, the smells and sounds drove him crazy.

However, there was one very important discovery. One he had to tell Gouge about right away.

The tortoiseshell tom was marbled with reds and blacks, the reds glowing in the duskfall light. He was rigid, walked with purpose, never faltered. Spartan, regimented.

He walked towards a familiar gnarled stump, the opening parted to show a den, walled in on both sides by rock faces.

Fern green eyes peered into the stump, the massive tom slinking inside.

"Gouge. You there? How has Blue been treating you?"
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

PostSubject: Re: Second verse, same as the first [closed]   Second verse, same as the first [closed] EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 12:10 am

Gouge

Gouge was out patrolling the area outside of camp one fateful evening.
The sun was sinking below the distant mountains, turning the sky a striking tapestry of deep violet and crimson hues. The first stars were just revealing themselves, and the thick layer of snow that had fallen the previous night reflected the sky brilliantly. Ice clung to the branches high above his head. The forest was dark, and Gouge had paused at the edge of a familiar clearing, his massive frame looming just inside the treeline. He wasn't sure what had brought him this way again, but he always seemed to come here when he was making his rounds. Perhaps it was the nostalgia. Perhaps it was loneliness. This clearing was haunted with memories.

So much has changed, Gouge reminisced as the forest's shadows grew longer.
Suddenly, as his eyes focused, Gouge made out a familiar silhouette on the far side of the clearing. The ferns parted, giving way to the broad, muscular figure of a massive tom cat. The air seemed to still around him as he locked eyes on the figure near his old nest, and a mixture of emotions stirred within him.

For a moment, Gouge stood as frozen as the forest, as if caught in the currents of time that connected the present with his past. The sight of his brother, Scorch, after at least two whole moons, sent a ripple through Gouge's stoic exterior.

Gouge took a tentative step forward, the twinge of uncertainty evident in his deep, rumbling voice as he called out, "Scorch? Is that really you?" The words carried a hint of hope, tinged with a touch of apprehension, as Gouge grappled with the complexity of emotions stirred by his brother's unexpected arrival.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Second verse, same as the first [closed]   Second verse, same as the first [closed] EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 3:25 pm

The broad tom's ears pricked as he turned to face the familiar voice.

In the clearing, the two toms stood, their eyes meeting each others.

It was seeing his younger brother that formed a lump in his throat. The memory hung in his head, a distant one from seasons past, but one he would never forget.

"You've... grown," Scorch meowed, his voice strained. Yes, even down to the scars and the way the fur spread in his paw pads...

"You look like Dad," he added, his eyes clouding and his voice barely a whisper.

"Have you been living solo? I was surprised Blue wasn't here before me."
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Second verse, same as the first [closed]   Second verse, same as the first [closed] EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:50 pm

Gouge

Gouge's deep, penetrating amber eyes softened with recognition as he approached his brother from across the clearing, the snow crunching underpaw with each step. There was a confidence in the way he held himself, his head and tail held high, his steps deliberate and sure-footed. His glossy dark tabby fur layered over hard muscle. His massive frame moved with an assurance that spoke of experience and maturity of many moons more beyond his age.

"I knew you'd return," he meowed warmly as he reached Scorch's side. Gouge recognized the emotion in his brother's face as he neared him, and felt a familiar thorn in his heart at the mention of their parents. The air seemed charged with the weight of untold stories and the passage of time.

"Do I?" he asked, tilting his head to one side and imagining what his father might look like. He had been much too young to remember either of his parents, but Scorch was from an older litter. He would remember them. All Gouge knew was Blue, and she was gone, now, too.

"It's been quite a journey," Gouge began, his voice a deep rumble. "I'm sorry, Scorch, but Blue is no longer with us," he added severely. "He was killed nearly three moons ago." His muscles tensed as he searched Scorch's green eyes. Images of blood filled his mind, and he felt his heart thumping in his chest as the violent memory stirred. He narrowed his eyes.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Second verse, same as the first [closed]   Second verse, same as the first [closed] EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 6:19 pm

Scorch winced at his brother's innocence.

"Yeah, you do... Dad said he was the best looking cat around. Hope that pans out for us, yeah?"

"She... she what?"

It seemed that the lake life spared neither of them. Scorch's shoulders slumped, just barely, the grief unearthing old pains.

"Three moons ago? But, then, you were barely two seasons old..."

His fern green eyes darted beyond him, his features severe. He could not let this stand.

"I'll find that cat," he snarled, his tail lashing and his fur sticking on pinprick. "Monsters will be kinder to their pelts, their muzzles will be shattered on the cliffs and their tails snapped like twigs, so help me—"

Scorch looked up again. He sighed, his own heart shattering.

"I... I wish I could make somewhere safe for you."
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Second verse, same as the first [closed]   Second verse, same as the first [closed] EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 10:28 pm

Gouge

Gouge sat silently as his brother processed the news. He had dreaded this moment for moons, and the worst was yet to come. He knew what kind of a path Scorch had been on since their parents' murder eight moons ago, and he felt it in his heart that this news would only add more fury to his brother's storm.

"I'm sorry, brother," Gouge mewed sadly. "Blue meant everything to both of us. She died protecting me." He swallowed down the stone of grief that welled up in his throat and blinked slowly at Scorch. "She saved my life."

"But you don't have to worry about me anymore," he continued, "I have much to tell you. Please, come walk with me. I will take you to my camp, where it's safe." He turned his back to his brother and padded slowly back towards the treeline where he had appeared, beckoning Scorch with a flick of his tail, and with a glance over his shoulder, he pushed his way into the brush, scattering snow from the bare branches as they tugged at his fur. The forest was growing darker, and with the darkness came larger predators.

Perhaps we can revisit that place, Gouge pondered, in the morning, after we have both had a warm meal and rest. I can explain everything on the way.

Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Second verse, same as the first [closed]   Second verse, same as the first [closed] EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 3:58 pm

Scorch huffed. "Gouge... no, you don't need to comfort me. You're the one who deserves it."

"I'd expect nothing less from Blue. Truly a gift on paws, that one."

Scorch's pelt, previously puffed out, returned to his body. He took a deep, shaky breath. This was it, wasn't it? Were they going to be hunted like dogs too?

"A place of your own? Very nice, I'd be glad to see it."

He walked up to his brother, now face to face.

"When day breaks, I have to tell you something as well. But there's no business trying to talk with the owls and badgers and bears about."
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Second verse, same as the first [closed]   Second verse, same as the first [closed] EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 11:07 pm

Gouge

Gouge dipped his head to his brother, a gesture of acknowledgement and respect. Under normal circumstances, he would have been elated to see his brother, but it was difficult to express the storm of emotions inside of him now. Inside of both of us, he silently bet. He wondered what kind of news his brother had for him, but it could wait.

"Yes, brother," he rumbled, and with a friendly flick of his tail he beckoned Scorch to follow him into the woods. "The camp is in one of the old twoleg structures on the lakefront. I have a few friends there, you'll see. They're all wonderful cats, and we've made a good home there. I hope you will like them as much as I do," he added hopefully to himself, and maybe this time around, you'll stay with us. He picked up his pace as he followed a well-trodden track, the woods here as familiar to him as his own whiskers.

After a while of traveling in silence, Gouge cast a glance at his brother.
"I'm glad you've come back, Scorch," he purred. "Would you like to see if we can find some prey on our way back?"

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Second verse, same as the first [closed]   Second verse, same as the first [closed] EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 12:56 am

"I'm glad to hear you have friends," Scorch said with a nod. "You know I'm no butterfly."

The travel was cold, as ice season tended to be. He couldn't imagine three more moons of this. It seemed more bitter, unforgiving almost.

"I could always go for grub... I bet your friends could use something, too."

With it being so cursed cold, he doubted he would find anything. But they had to try...
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Second verse, same as the first [closed]   Second verse, same as the first [closed] EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 10:06 pm

Gouge

Gouge blinked appreciatively at his brother. He knew Scorch wasn't one for groups. He knew why, too. But he still wished things could have been different. Certainly as siblings, it is better if we stick together? he had always caught himself thinking during his brother's visits. We are all we have left of our family.

Shaking out his pelt to ground himself, he glanced around.
"I'm sure they have been out hunting too," he explained to Scorch, "But I've been investigating the area all day, so I haven't had a chance to check in on them. Best try and find prey before we head back, just in case. It may be leafbare, but these woods tend to be richer in prey than other areas recently," he explained, "ever since those large cat groups have arrived." He flicked his tail. "We should split up and cover more ground. I'll head in that direction, and perhaps you can go over there," he gestured, "and meet back here by moonhigh at the latest."

Sudden realization struck him. I'm directing my brother as if he's one of The Brotherhood. "If... if you think that's best, of course," he quickly backtracked, his pelt burning slightly, his eyes apologetic and uncertain.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second verse, same as the first [closed]   Second verse, same as the first [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Second verse, same as the first [closed]
Page 1 of 1