Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

seashells by the sea shore (except its a lake) [c]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

seashells by the sea shore (except its a lake) [c] Empty
PostSubject: seashells by the sea shore (except its a lake) [c]   seashells by the sea shore (except its a lake) [c] EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 18:52

Littlekit had tried not to bother the medicine cats as much as possible. It was hard enough to stay out from underpaw when stuck in the makeshift camp all day. He'd ended up making his own routine of checking the walls that were being built and tucking in loose fibers. Other times, he would search for little pebbles and other fun items to gift to his clanmates. Most of them were appreciative, some too sick to care much, or others constantly busy. Like Sandyshell.

In his early moons, Littlekit had suffered the infection that caused his eye to go cloudy, something that she had expertly cleared up and left him with no issues... other than the slight fade to his vision and the noticeable gray eye. But the she-cat's paws had been constantly working to heal their clanmates who had been afflicted with a mysterious illness. Not even Starclan had seemed to give any signs. If he was worried, Littlekit could only imagine how much weighed on her shoulders. The whole clan seemed tense.

Precious small moments where he could present someone with a break from the overwhelming burden of responsibilities felt like the best thing in the world. It was why he had ended up watching after the medicine cat's den, waiting for the right moment to present her with what he thought was the best gift he had ever found. Rooting around the dirt, he'd eventually discovered a tiny patch of sand in the direction of water. Likely a memory of an old shore. There, the kit had unearthed a shell. Still coated in remnants of its sandy home, the kit had quickly decided that based on it being a sandy shell, there was no more fitting cat to gift it too.

He anxiously waited in hopes that she would like it and that for at least a second or two, he would get to see the smile on her maw. After all she did for the clan, and for him, Sandyshell deserved it. The shell was spiraled and as big as his pad, twisting in an intricate circle with a wide opening where a creature might have once lived. As he picked it up gingerly between his teeth, the gray and white kit trotted towards the entrance, "Smdyshelff, Smdysheff!"

Speaking around the catch wasn't the easiest to do and so he placed it on the ground in front of her. From the opening spilled more sand. One of the grains was particularly large and white. Littlekit paused and tipped his head to the side while studying it. Then a grin widened his maw, "I meant to bring you a shell but it looks like I brought you two!" From the sand-coated shell had fallen and tiny white shell about the size of his claw. This truly was the best treasure he had found.
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1423

PostSubject: Re: seashells by the sea shore (except its a lake) [c]   seashells by the sea shore (except its a lake) [c] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 15:50

Sandyshell

With Wrenpaw too sick to do anything good but rest, it left Sandyshell with a lot to take care of amid this mystery illness. Among her biggest responsibilities were treating symptoms, searching for herbs, and racking her brain for a cure. But one of the more testing problems to manage was not struggling to breathe every time she walked across camp. The heavy, squeezing sensation around her chest took great effort to withstand, and her attempts to treat it were utterly ineffective. Sometimes, right when she woke up in the morning, she mistook the feeling for a fox’s carcass on top of her back. Of course that was irrational, but that didn’t stop her from bolting upright. She knew she was an irrationally afraid cat. No one else thought of camp invasions or a fox sneaking into their den as much as she did. No one else’s eyes jumped back and forth from each peripheral expecting a large, murderous cat to be stalking in the shadows. Thankfully, her loving big brother was designated to watch the bushes so she didn’t have to. It didn’t help as much as she wished it did, but it was enough relief to focus more on her patients.

Sandyshell had just finished giving water and tansy to those sheltering in her den. There wasn’t as much room for herbs in this makeshift den, but it did fit all the patients it needed to. She sat outside, trying to hold off another coughing fit with deep breaths of fresh air. Soon enough someone would need her help with vomiting or some other horrible pain, but until that moment she tried to take in whatever peace she could. Inhale… Exhale… Inhale… Exhale… Inhale… Wheeze. Sandyshell lifted her sorrowful gaze to the cloudy sky. How was she supposed to heal others when she herself could barely breathe? She closed her eyes. Help us, please. I can’t do this much longer and we're still so sick. Help me save Riverclan. Bring us peace.

The she-cat’s ears swiveled towards the muffled mews of an approaching kitten. Her head turned down to meet the white, grey-caped tom named Littlekit. His one green eye met her matching pair. “Hello Littlekit, what’s going on?” She observed him carefully. His eye seems to be recovering okay. Her shoulders dropped since his demeanor was cheerful and not upset. “What’s that you’ve got there?” she mewed a bit more brightly seeing the large shell in his small maw. Sand gently slid out of it as Littlekit set it down, reminding her of a day long ago when her own tiny paws dug through the sands of a riverbank. Something else came out that caught his attention, which gave Sandyshell the pleasure of witnessing his smile. “I meant to bring you a shell but it looks like I brought you two!”

Within a second her chest felt full again, but this time it was a much warmer feeling. The molly’s cream muzzle pulled back into a smile. A genuine one, not the polite sweet smile her face was so used to. “Oh,” she said, her face hot and throat tight with thousands of words, “Thank you, this is- this is so sweet, Littlekit. How did.. I love it. Thank you.” She softly dropped to the ground, her gaze falling to the pair of seashells. “Heh,” she laughed, but it the kind of laugh that was half of a sniffle, “A sandy shell.” She blinked twice. …And a little one, twinkling like stars. She looked back to Littlekit. His face was more kind and thoughtful than any she had seen in a long time. He was meant for something more than a warrior, something important. Was this Starclan’s answer?

“Littlekit…” She hesitated. Am I certain? His heart is so full, but is he brave? Is he strong? Well he must be braver and stronger than me, at least. “You like taking care of cats, don’t you? That’s what I do too. But… maybe I don’t do it as well as I should.” Her eyes flicked away. Nothing had gotten better so far, and whose fault could that be but her own? It’s time for someone better to take care of Riverclan, someone who isn’t ruled by her fear of failure, but fueled by the kindness of his heart. Sandyshell held Littlekit’s gaze. “Can I ask you a favor? Would you be willing to become a medicine cat apprentice, for me? For Riverclan? That means you would learn to help anyone’s illness or injury, and console those who grieve or feel stressed. It also means you will talk to our ancestors of Starclan, who I believe have faith in you. Do you feel you're ready to handle all that?”

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: seashells by the sea shore (except its a lake) [c]   seashells by the sea shore (except its a lake) [c] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 22:58

Nothing made it heart warm up more than watching another cat find joy in his tiny efforts to bring some spark of light to Riverclan in these times. His gaze bore into the medicine cat as he watched her expression, felt the genuine tremble of her words. Such appreciation from an important member of the clan meant a lot to him, especially knowing how hard she had been working all these moons despite struggling with the illness herself. As he relished in the moment, pride filled him up from his paw pads all the way to his ears. He couldn't heal like her. He couldn't hunt or fight like a warrior yet. But for these brief few seconds, he had managed to do something that mattered.

'Mrr?' His chirp was soft as she said his name. There was something curious about the way that she hesitated, drawing his attention. The tone had shifted so suddenly that the kit wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Littlekit straightened up and let his tail lay flat. Ears perked to listen attentively to what Sandyshell had to say next. You like taking care of cats, don't you? There was no hesitation in the emphatic nod. But when she doubted her own skill, the kit parted his maw to instinctively protest. Before he could, however, words were cutting through the air once more.

Slowly, Littlekit blinked. Once. Then twice. It took several replays for him to understand what was being asked of him. All this time he had been waiting to become a warrior apprentice. Naturally, that was the path set out before his paws. Poppyshine had promised he'd become an apprentice soon. He wasn't sure what to think. Everything seemed so surreal, out of nowhere. Yet as he looked up at the face of the clan's medicine cat, it was clear that this was happening and that she was quite serious in her ask. This was what Riverclan needed from him. Maybe it was what they had needed from him all along.

Sure, the uncertainty had set in, an anxiety as deeply rooted as the whiskers on his maw. Littlekit took a deep breath before nodding once more slowly. Claws kneaded the ground and gripped the earth to prevent him from falling over. What would the clan think of him? What would Starclan think? Not every cat got to face the ancestors and share tongues with them. There was a moment of stretching silence as his mind raced before he finally piped up again to meow softly, "I'll do whatever you need, Sandyshell. I want to help the clan. Just... show me how, I guess." Although there was a slight waiver to his voice, a doubt in himself, he trusted Sandyshell.

She spoke to the stars, after all, and soon he would too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seashells by the sea shore (except its a lake) [c]   seashells by the sea shore (except its a lake) [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

seashells by the sea shore (except its a lake) [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Southern Lake-
Jump to: