Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

My Departure

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

My Departure Empty
PostMy Departure

Hi guys, title says it all

Whether or not I should stick around has been on my mind for the past few months, and it recently became clear to me that I'm no longer fit to hold my responsibilities here. For the past four years I've been a part of this lovely community, and for the past year and a half I've had the wonderful opportunity to work with it's staff and keep it going. It is something that I took pride and found joy in, I had always wanted to be a part of this site's staff. I found joy and fulfillment in my work here, I loved that I was able to collaborate with such an awesome team to give back to a community that has loved me as much as I love it.

However, as I started my senior year, more real-life responsibilities were stacked on my plate, leaving less and less room for WCC. I've been working and applying for scholarships and colleges, preparing for my future. Currently, WCC does not fit within my schedule, as much as I wish that it did. It's been feeling more like a chore, something that hangs over my head as I stress about my other obligations. I no longer find joy in RP, I feel dissatisfied with my work. I no longer have passion to play and develop my characters.

I wish I could have been an administrator at a time in my life that I would be able to give you guys all I am capable of, but unfortunately, that isn't the case. I'm able to see when my inability to adequately handle the workload I've given myself has made me a liability. I regret that Windclan's leadership trend has remained the same, although I hope that ,with Tigerdance, it will change.

With all that said, I will be stepping down as both site administrator as well as Windclan leader, leaving the site as a whole. I do not see myself returning to RP in the foreseeable future, but who knows, maybe in a few years when I'm managing college I'll find my love for writing again. I will, however, be popping in the discord on occasion, and I'm still up to draw commissions for you guys <3 As for my characters:

• Smallstar went out on a patrol with Jayfrost during the journey to discuss his behavior. Neither of them returned.
  • Astershine disappeared in the night without a trace. Nobody knows which direction he went.
  • Fallowpaw got distracted along the way and was left behind, unable to figure out which direction the clans had gone.

To the current staff team, I know you guys will thrive in my absence. Please remember to pace yourselves and take breaks, I'm gonna miss working with you guys.

To future staff, (you'll know who you are, soon enough) remember to speak your mind, I have high hopes for you and the contributions you will be making.

To all of you, remember to be kind. Continue to be creative and share your ideas, and be patient with one another. I would love to read all that you come up with when I visit the site <3

Thank you guys for the opportunities you have given me, to grow as a person and explore my hobbies. If any of you guys would like to reach out to me, you can find me on discord: kizmett

- cotton

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:

Last edited by cotton on Thu 7 Dec 2023 - 2:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
Share this post on: reddit

My Departure :: Comments

Flybot
Re: My Departure
Post Wed 6 Dec 2023 - 5:32 by Flybot
Thank you for all you've done for WCC in your time here, and I hope your real world adventures take you to great places! I'll miss RP'ing with you! My Departure 1f62d My Departure 1f495

Last edited by Flybot on Sun 10 Dec 2023 - 1:31; edited 1 time in total
JJ
Post Wed 6 Dec 2023 - 5:40 by JJ
We'll miss you, Cotton. I wish you the best of luck in college and beyond. <3
Ishtar
Post Wed 6 Dec 2023 - 5:43 by Ishtar
Good luck Cotton, I hope you have so much fun at college and get to try something new. You'll be missed! <3
speedy
Post Wed 6 Dec 2023 - 7:14 by speedy
Thanks for all you have done for the site. Thank you for being an amazing RP friend.

Best of luck to your adventures.
xaandiir
Post Sat 9 Dec 2023 - 20:37 by xaandiir
I wish you the best of luck in your IRL endeavors, cotton, and I hope that you can still stick around on the discord so we can chat! I hope you can come back to WCC in the future when your schedule allows it <3
cocoa
Post Sat 9 Dec 2023 - 23:51 by cocoa
awww I’ll be sad to see you go, but gl! always appreciated ya :D
Post  by Sponsored content

My Departure

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Announcements :: Member Announcements-
Jump to: