Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed]   Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed] EmptyThu 23 Nov 2023 - 2:14

Smallstar paced back and forth past the makeshift nest that he had just constructed hours earlier, eyes unfocused but a limp daisy flower hanging from his jaws - to his clanmates he may have looked strange. However, it was the day prior that the very daisy he held blew right into his face, carried by a particularly strong gust of wind. Despite the time that had passed since he had practiced medicine, he still retained much of the information, including the times of year and locations that certain herbs were found - and he knew very well that daisies did not grow after frost had begun to cover the ground. The fact that a daisy, in perfect health, had literally hit him in the face, felt very out of place to Smallstar. It felt intentional.

So, for the following day, he had thought, and eventually, felt that he had reached a conclusion. For possibly the first time in his life, he felt mildly certain that he had correctly interpreted a sign from Starclan, that he actually understood what they were trying to say. Focusing his gaze, he looked across the clearing Windclan had gathered in, locking his eyes onto Daisykit. Smallstar knew very little about the kit, other than a vague fascination with herbs. Still, it gave him hope. So, daisy remaining in his teeth, he padded up to the kit and beckoned her to a quieter spot, still within sight of the rest of the clan. "Hey, Daisykit, I'd like to talk to you."

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 310

PostSubject: Re: Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed]   Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed] EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 12:54

Daisykit was following a trail of clotted dirt, looking for where Molepaw had started to dig around in the crumbling earth. She didn’t really understand why he was digging or what he was looking for, but she was a great sister so she was helping. He was getting busy with training, so any chance she got to spend time with him she snatched up like a falling leaf. Plus there was bound to be something interesting for her to find as well, maybe a sharp-scented root or strange patterned bug. She flexed her claws into the earth, stopping to tilt her head at a beetle trying to escape back into the shelter of the cool soil. She looked up to see Smallstar beckoning her away with a flower clamped in his jaws. Confused, but obedient, the young she-cat padded after him, curiosity bubbling under her ribs. A million questions pooled on her tongue. Why was he holding a flower? What did her leader want to talk to her about? Was it important? Would Molepaw be disappointed she couldn’t join him in whatever he was doing? She was the perfect picture of restraint, white and gray face turned patiently to the small tom, tail twitching slightly as she curled it around her paws. Really, Lavendercloud should be proud of how quickly she was learning to think more in her head and less outloud.

Finally after a polite amount of time to let the leader get settled, she let herself ask one question and not all of them, which was a feat. Bright eyes glittering like fireflies in her pale face, she turned all her overflowing attention to him.  “What did you want to speak to me about?” Daisykit asked, feeling like her chest might explode with the intensity of her curiosity sloshing around in there.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed]   Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed] EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 22:14

"Um.." Suddenly, he felt as if he had drawn a blank, he hardly knew what to say, where to start. The preposition he was about to give this kit was a very substantial one, it was life-changing. His eyes darted back and forth, as if he were literally searching for his words. The leader sighed, finally. "I wanted to tell you something." He began, meeting her gaze. "Once, a long time ago, I was a medicine cat. Did you know that?" Smallstar was almost certain of the kit's answer. "I became a medicine cat, and then I got lost. When I came back, I was chosen as deputy, and recently, became leader."

"It's been a long time since I talked to Starclan, but right now they're talking to me again because we don't have a medicine cat right now. Yesterday," He messed with the Daisy that now laid at his paws. "This Daisy came right up to me. I believe that it's a message from Starclan, saying that they want you to be the next medicine cat." Smallstar slouched, slightly,not feeling the need to emphasize the significance of the daisy further. "And, if you think that it would be a path that you think you would like to take... this is your opportunity. I can train you - the other medicine cats too, maybe." Thank the stars that they would be around to help, he had few doubts that they wouldn't. "If you need time to decide, that's okay too. I just ask that you really think about it." The last thing that he wanted was to force a kit into a life-long committment that they didn't actually want - it was stressful enough for himself when he was already a grown warrior.

Patiently, with weary eyes, he waited.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 310

PostSubject: Re: Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed]   Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed] EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 18:31

Daisykit listened to Smallstar, round ears pointed attentively to him as he spoke. “StarClan picked me?” The bi-colored kit shuffled her paws a bit, suddenly embarrassed by the honor. She looked back up at her leader, already decided. Even if this path wasn’t the one she thought she’d take. Even if it tore her away from the path her littermates tread, StarClan must have their reasons. Who was she to argue with them? She glanced down at the pale petals of the daisy, crumpled at the edges and fluttering gently against the dirt. She would do anything to protect her family and her clan, and if this is what her ancestors designed, if this was how she could best be used then she would do anything to live up to that expectation. She locked eyes with Smallstar, fresh faced and young, nearly vibrating with excitement. There was so much to learn!

“I don’t need time to decide. If this is what StarClan wills then I’d be honored to accept your instruction.” She purred, tail-tip twitching in excitement. Her head buzzed with all the questions she had been dying to ask about the different plants they had seen on the journey. She wanted to ask about StarClan, and what it was like to talk to them. She wanted to ask about the other clans and their medicine cats. She wanted to tell her mother and Molepaw and Berrykit and her father too. She kept all that locked firmly behind her teeth, settling instead to puff out her chest a bit in pride. She let herself ask one of the questions burning a hole in her ribs. “Do I get to go talk to StarClan? Can I do that without the Moonstone?” She had heard stories of the Moonstone, of the journey apprentices took before they became warriors. But she might be able to talk to them sooner, since they obviously had an interest in her.

It made her giddy to think about all the knowledge of her ancestors, their wise eyes searching her out amongst the living. She would do her very best to serve her clan well, and make all those seeking eyes proud. Reining in her wild curiosity, she said, a little softer, a little more seriously, "I understand, at least a little, the trust the clan will put in me. I will do everything in my power to be deserving of that trust." Life and death so precariously balanced on her shoulders, learning to mend instead of tear. One day her clanmates would thrust their beating hearts into her paws and pray she could preserve them.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed]   Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed] EmptyWed 29 Nov 2023 - 4:07

Daisykit's willingness both relieved him and worried him. "Are you certain? uh." He almost didn't know what to say now, he was prepared to need to convince the kit more. "Yes... you will talk to Starclan, just not at the moonstone." Smallstar wouldn't mention Starclans tendency to not show up during times like these. Not yet, at least.

Initially, he assumed that the kit was blindly accepting his offer, without thinking about it at all. It was her acknowledgement of the pressure that would change his mind. His pinned brows relaxed and he eased his posture. He let out a breath that he didn't realize he had been holding. "Alright then, Daisykit. If you're sure, we could do the ceremony tonight. How does that sound?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed]   Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Instructions Engraved on Leaves [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Starfall Territory-
Jump to: