Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

fite me (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

fite me (c) Empty
PostSubject: fite me (c)   fite me (c) EmptySun 12 Nov 2023 - 14:31

The border patrol was finally coming to an end. Ugh. Today had lasted wayyyyy longer than it should be allowed to. Goldenpaw swore they’d seen every single part of WindClan territory today, from the gorge to the thunderpath. Cats were spreading out now, as they often did at the end of a long patrol, to nap in the sunlight just outside of camp or spar with their friends. Hmmm. Actually, on second thought, that sounded like fun. Hmm. Who could Goldenpaw bother- er, grace with her presence? Pantherpaw had been on her patrol and was now nowhere to be seen (probably tired), Nectarflow looked like she was talking to… Sootstone? And that was kinda it-

But wait! Salvation!

An ominous, chaotic grin spread slowly over Goldenpaw’s face as she dropped into a hunting crouch and slunk through the tall grasses just outside of camp. Haha. She didn’t know what Tallpaw was doing, but- well, actually, she did, ‘cause he was gonna spar with her! Yeah! The large apprentice giggled quietly to herself, slinking closer and closer until…

“Gotcha!” She cried, cannoning into him with a bright grin. “Didn’t see that one comin’, didja?”

Of course he didn’t, ‘cause she was Goldenpaw the awesome, and sneaky, and cool! Honestly, Tallpaw should be grateful she was sparring with him! He could probably learn a lot- not that he was a bad fighter, but next to herself… just gonna say, it was pretty obvious who was gonna win here.

(Maybe he’d seemed a bit down since the Gathering, and maybe this was the only way she knew how to help. Maybe.)
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

fite me (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fite me (c)   fite me (c) EmptySun 12 Nov 2023 - 15:30

Tallpaw had barely managed to pull himself out of his nest in time to greet the last remnants of Silverpelt, as he had done every single morning since he was a kit. Everything felt like it was squeezing him in too tight. His chest hurt, his joints hurt, his sides hurt where his too-sharp ribs had been pushed into the ground as he slept. It seemed like no matter how much moss and grass and wool he shoved into his nest, it never got any softer. He felt like the weight of his pelt was too much, and maybe he should just give up on any attempt at elder duties and collapse back into his nest. Looking around the camp made him ache, like everything was a mouse-whisker away from being swept out from under him. With a sigh that pushed his prominent ribs out against his coat, he set his shoulders and started the trek towards the elder’s den. Things still had to get done after all.

One minute he was facing towards the gorse wall, and the next he was staring up at the pale blue of the sky, feeling like a tunnel had just collapsed on his chest and shoved his diaphragm full of dirt. Blinking, he stared up at a very familiar face. “Does it look like I saw that one coming?” He huffed out in a fond wheeze, slightly winded with a cat-weight sitting on top of him. “C’mon, I’m busy, let me up.” He reached out with a long foreleg and swatted Goldenpaw across the nose with his paw.
-----------------------------------------------

Tallpaw used Front Paw Blow on Goldenpaw dealing 4 damage and -5sp

Tallpaw:
20/20hp
55/60sp

Goldenpaw:
16/20hp (-4)
60/60sp

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

fite me (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fite me (c)   fite me (c) EmptySun 12 Nov 2023 - 16:00

“No,” Goldenpaw huffed in response, a familiar petulant chuff reserved for her brother. The swat, light as it may have been, pretty much meant that he was begging her for a fight! That all-too-familiar light sparked to life in her eyes (or, at least, kindled; it was never truly gone) as a grin spread across her face, smug and smirking. She never gotta fight (other cats, at least)! Sure, she had fought a buncha weasels but they were all dumb weird rabbits, really. Actual sparring? Everyone said something like ‘no, Goldenpaw, we need to hunt’ but then they just lazed around camp! Rude!

It was his flicking tail, just caught in the corner of her eye, that saved Tallpaw from being fully flopped on. Goldenpaw pounced, a shining golden arc of fluff and fire, paws landing in the dirt as she chased his tail like an overgrown kitten. She’d chase her own tail, honestly, if she caught a glimpse of it in the corner of her eye, but Tallpaw’s was more fun anyways, ‘cause she wasn’t sure where’d it go.

With a triumphant purr (or maybe it was a growl, she wasn’t really sure) Goldenpaw managed to clamp her jaws around his tail like she had at the Gathering, biting down with perhaps a bit too much roughness. This was a spar, for goodness’ sake! There needed to be more sparring, less talking!

“Iph eu wanh eur chail bach eu neeb t’ depheat ‘e!” Okay, maybe not the most… clear of sentences, but she thought it got the point across. She wouldn’t let go of his tail to talk like she did at the Gathering— no sir! She learned from her mistakes and got even more awesome!

Goldenpaw used Tail Yank, dealing 7 damage and costing 15 stamina! Tallpaw is stunned for one turn.

Goldenpaw
16/20 HP
45/60 SP

Tallpaw stunned for one turn
13/20 HP (-7)
55/60 SP
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

fite me (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fite me (c)   fite me (c) EmptySun 12 Nov 2023 - 18:25

Tallpaw took a deep breath as soon as Goldenpaw changed targets to his tail. The pressure off his chest was an immense relief. Growling playfully, the tom flicked his long tail away. “What is it with you and my tail, seriously.” He shook his head bemused. Her antics reminded him of her kit days, playfully scrambling onto his shoulders for a badger ride. She had grown out of a lot of things. Not quite so awkwardly proportioned, and her fur seemed to drape over her shoulders rather than stick up like a burr. But it was clear she hadn’t fully lost the youthful shine to her personality. It was equal parts endearing and annoying.

“Okay I really do need to fin-” He was cut off mid-sentence as Goldenpaw clamped her teeth onto his tail. “I have no clue what you just said.” With a slightly more serious growl, Tallpaw yanked his tail forcibly out of her mouth, uncaring if her teeth caught his fur in the process. She didn’t hold on nearly as tight as a weasel, and he had plenty of experience with those. The golden tabby fell into a battle-stance, well practiced and fluid. The adrenaline that warmed his heavy veins was a familiar and welcome change.

“If you want to spar, let's do it properly.” The shine in his amber eyes matched her own, the thrill of a new opponent and the easy burn of his aching muscles guided him into the clear stillness before a strike. With a flash of his white teeth, the tom lunged forward and smacked her across the nose again, harder this time with the full force of his shoulder and the proper rotation, just like Eaglyfly had shown him moons ago.
—---------------------------------

Tallpaw used Random Recall and Front Paw Strike overcoming the stun and dealing 7 damage and -12sp

Tallpaw: No longer stunned
13/20hp
43/60sp

Goldenpaw:
9/20hp (-7)
45/60sp

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

fite me (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fite me (c)   fite me (c) EmptyMon 13 Nov 2023 - 11:35

Pfft. Obviously Tallpaw knew what she said, because he immediately yanked his tail away, leaving her spitting on fur. Yuck. That was like a mouthful of thistledown or rabbittail. Any dissatisfaction, however, was swept away as Tallpaw faced her in a proper battle stance, eyes gleaming. Oh yes. Stars yeah, it had been ages since she’d had a proper spar; all she’d fought for moons were weasels, and all they did was nibble at one’s paws until you smacked them around enough. Even just the prospect of a real spar filled her veins with anticipation, heart pounding against her ribs, urging her to action, to run, to fight, to sink her teeth into flesh and bone.

A wild grin shone on her face at Tallpaw’s words. Too bulky to dodge his first blow, she took it like a champ, the stinging feeling mere fuel to the fire that screamed in her heart, clouding her vision until the world narrowed to herself and her opponent. She would fall to ashes if she did not let the fire burn, raging out of her in teeth and claws and powerful strikes; with a battle-yowl, the golden apprentice surged forwards, eyes shining. Uncaring of the danger, she threw herself towards him, claws sheathed only with an effort, battle-joy singing in her veins.

One strike, to his shoulder, a powerful blow made with her whole body; another, under his chin, the force of it lifting her body off the ground; another, as she reared up on her hind legs and brought a veritable rain of powerful strikes down on his shoulders. This was pure ecstasy, the sheer feeling of it, battle-fury and adrenaline in her veins, the only sound her blood rushing in her ears. Her form may not have been trained, but there was a power behind it few WindClanners her age could hope to match, and more than that an intrinsic understanding of her foe’s weak points, some lethal instinct singing to sink her teeth into flesh and rend fur from bone-

With a wolffish grin, eyes blazing crimson, she landed her last blow. The dirt under her paws had never felt so physical, the moor-wind in her fur had never felt so concrete; the world had never felt so real, as if she were a part of the skies stretching overhead and the dust beneath her paws and the wind whistling in her ears, a bloodthirsty accompaniment to the sound of her pounding heart. Nothing felt this way. It was wonderful.

Goldenpaw used Front Paw Strike and Swift Strike, dealing 11 (6+5) damage and costing 13 stamina.

Goldenpaw
10/20 HP (front paw strike does 6 damage for apps, but no worries!)
32/60 SP (-13)

Tallpaw
2/20 HP (-11)
43/60 SP
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

fite me (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fite me (c)   fite me (c) EmptyMon 13 Nov 2023 - 19:09

Tallpaw enjoyed the contrast of their skills, as much as it tipped odds away from him. His tail lashed under Goldenpaw’s rain of blows, letting out an audible oof as she caught him in the ribs. A warm surge of pride followed every throbbing ache left behind from her strikes. She was taking battle training seriously. She was learning. It was obvious Goldenpaw fought well, and he was proud to have her by his side when real battle found them. Finally he saw an opening, and with a quick push of his hindquarters, leapt sideways and created some distance. He narrowed his eyes playfully, making a show of sizing her up, narrowly avoiding another bone-crushing swing from the golden molly in the process. With all the precision and speed of an adder the tom lunged forward, battering her ears and face with a quick flurry of blows. He didn’t have half the bulk to put a substantial amount of force behind them, but it was certainly enough to be disorienting.

With a sly grin and a vague feeling that his next move wasn’t the brightest idea, he reared back and slammed his forehead into hers. His own ears ringing, Tallpaw felt like laughing from a kind of joy that could only be made by bad decisions that held no real weight. Would he slam his face into an actual opponent in an actual fight? Probably not. Was it immensely satisfying to do it to Goldenpaw so they both suffered together? Absolutely. He had to admit, unorthodox hare-brained battle moves were fun when they were nestled safe in camp and could nap off the soreness later.
-------------------------------------
Tallpaw used Swift Strike and Headbutt dealing 9 damage and costing 15sp

Tallpaw:
2/20hp
28/60sp (-15)

Goldenpaw:
1/20hp (-9)
32/60sp

((Thanks for the fix! <3))

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

fite me (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fite me (c)   fite me (c) EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 15:38

He was fast, she realized a moment too late, as a flurry of blows descended upon her, each strike merely adding fuel to the fire, quickening the tempo of the battle-song that pounded in her chest. It didn’t matter. Nothing mattered. Dodging was unnecessary, unwise, when it would not bring her prey straight to her.

She staggered backwards, aye, but it was with something between a grin and a snarl, a lion at bay, the aching in her muscles forgotten amidst the fire-red haze clouding her vision. His skull collided with hers, and everything fell into place. Perfect.

There was nothing like this.

She relished in the strain in her limbs as she surged forwards, teeth snapping and paws outstretched, bowling her opponent over into the grass. Over and over they rolled, and again and again she lashed out, sharp fangs meeting a thin pelt and loose scruff where they would do little real damage. Something instinctual and predatory within her snarled in savage delight, in the knowledge that this was where she wanted him. Within reach, pinned, unable to dodge. One blow, another, but more than that, her fangs, at last, found his throat, and there- paused.

Goldenpaw could feel every heartbeat throughout her entire body as she stood, panting, sides heaving, bared teeth hovering over his- Tallpaw’s- neck. The aching in her limbs sprung into focus, now, along with dull throbbing where their skulls had collided, but it was wonderful. It was real, physical, concrete in a way nothing else was; it was life lived to the fullest, adrenaline in her veins.

“I won!” she declared with a sudden, savage grin, tossing her head back to the skies. “Aww yeah! See! That was great!”

Goldenpaw used Snap and Desperate Blows, dealing 10 (6+4) damage and costing 14 SP!

Tallpaw K. O. (automatic due to dodge-and-fight only dodging once attack anyways)
0/20hp (-10)
28/60sp (-15)

Goldenpaw:
1/20hp
18/60sp (-14)
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

fite me (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fite me (c)   fite me (c) EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 16:18

Tallpaw was too tired to do much other than roll with the molly’s momentum as she bowled him over. The dizzying swirl of sky and golden fur made the fuzziness in his head hard to overcome. Finally they came to a stop, Goldenpaw triumphant, so close she could probably feel the thready beat of his pulse against her teeth. Some cats might have felt uneasy, with such a soft vulnerable part so close to potential destruction. Tallpaw was blind in his trust. He had a certainty that came from the very depths of his bones, Goldenpaw wouldn’t hurt him, not on purpose, at least, and definitely not now. She was fierce, she was arguably thistle-brained, but she also felt safe. “Yeah you won, barely.” The tom purred, deciding it took too much effort to heave himself to his paws.

He would just wait until his heart smoothed back into a steady rhythm and his legs didn’t feel like lead. Standing would probably just lead to shaking which would be embarrassing, so he twitched his long tail up to brush over the golden she-cat’s back. “I’d pity the soul who got caught under your claws in a real fight.” The tom yawned, stretching out his overly long legs in front of him, his ear twitched in slight annoyance of the ache there. “The elders still need to be checked for ticks, but I think they’ll be fine until after sunhigh.” Tallpaw grinned. “If they complain I’ll just tell them it was your fault.”Flopping fully onto his side, the tabby shifted a bit trying to find a position where his bones didn’t grind uncomfortably into the ground, but had little success. “Come here, since you won I get to use your stupidly thick fur as a pillow.”

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

fite me (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fite me (c)   fite me (c) EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 17:15

The look Goldenpaw gave him would probably be described as comical, if he hadn’t just questioned her integrity!!!

“Barely!” she squawked, fur puffed out as she swayed slightly on her paws. “That was- I’m offended! That was a total victory! Not even a struggle for the amazing Goldenpaw!”

The large apprentice lifted her head and squared her shoulders, nearly losing her balance in the process. She turned to snap lazily at his long tail, more out of instinct than anything, but merely closed her jaws on open air and stood there for a moment, confused. As the adrenaline faded, her limbs felt more and more like heavy stone, rooting her to the ground. The aching still felt wonderful, some sort of painful trophy from her victory, but it was quickly becoming the only thing she could focus on.

“Yeah,” she agreed, trying and failing to not sound suddenly sleepy. Maybe she could flop on him. Yeah. That sounded like a great idea. Maybe she should be a little more offended by being blamed for something that wasn’t her fault, but like, that sounded like a lotta work. Oh. He was asking her to flop on him? Yeah. The fluffy apprentice sprawled out on the ground, half-across Tallpaw, but, honestly, she wouldn’t really fight if he tried to lay on her, either. Already her breaths were evening out and eyelids growing heaving. She was the great Goldenpaw, after all; she totally deserved a nap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fite me (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fite me (c)   fite me (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

fite me (c)
Page 1 of 1