Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

you will change, says the stars to the moon (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 327

you will change, says the stars to the moon (c) Empty
PostSubject: you will change, says the stars to the moon (c)   you will change, says the stars to the moon (c) EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 12:42 pm

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

Cinderpaw's body ached, her head slumped on her shoulders and her eyes felt heavy. She kept moving, despite it all. She rarely stopped, if not for the quiet of night and everyone turning to their sleep to find hours of respite away from the gnawing of famine. Sleep was hard to find for her, but the worries were quick to replace it. Endless thoughts in and out; starvation, survival, worry for others, becoming a warrior. That one stuck most, especially now when she oft went days without a bite to eat. She had found just chewing on something made it easier, be it a blade of grass or pulling apart a piece of treebark. And if sleep was hard to find, dreams were even more so. Dark, bleak nights that passed by in a blink and there she was, thrown again into the frey of uncertainty.

She had asked Perchstar if she had time to talk. Her leader,-- her mentor--, was busier than ever now. She almost felt bad, wanting to talk to her about such trivial things. Perchstar had bigger worries. But she supposed, perhaps it would be better to talk and then make sure she worried less about her-- if she did at all, she did not know--, so that she could focus on other things. Even yet, despite knowing and thinking she should, she had to fight with herself not to flee back to the dreary dreamless sleep that she found hard to get. She wondered if it was normal to be scared of this. She was by no means an exceptional apprentice, her skills were average if at all. Perhaps--

She was ripped from her torrent of thoughts when she heard a clack of rock against rock from somewhere in front of her. She lifted her head, squinting at the sudden change in light from having them closed just seconds prior. She struggled to focus them on the space ahead of her, hoping that maybe.. Maybe Perchstar would be there, and maybe she would have time.

template by #kiikko

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: you will change, says the stars to the moon (c)   you will change, says the stars to the moon (c) EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 9:08 pm

Every day, it became harder and harder to keep her thoughts clear. Perchstar had been hungry before--she had even been starving, self-inflicted by days of hard work and little care for herself. But never before had she been this thirsty. The lack of water parching her throat, keeping it scratchy and dry and making it feel like sharp claws raked her mouth whenever she swallowed, was a new and unpleasant sensation. Combining that with the starvation that every member of her Clan was dealing with and the even-harsher workload that she now took upon herself, it was a wonder that the leader could even move a muscle. But move she did, for every cat other than herself. She was needed. She would always be needed. There was no time, no opportunity for her to stop. She had to keep going, so she did. It was as simple as that. She had never had any other option.

A little while ago, Cinderpaw had asked to speak with her. Perchstar had told her that she would be free in a few hours. She wished she could have sat down with her apprentice right then and asked what her worries were, but there were patrols to organize and mentors to speak with and a hundred other things that were pulling her away. Now she'd managed to claw time out of her schedule, and as she walked up, ignoring the way her muscles protested even at the simple movement, she noticed how Cinderpaw's eyes were drooping. Drowsiness caused by sheer exhaustion. Alarms went off in the back of her mind. She'd been considering a mouthful of food for herself, but seeing the way that the she-cat's eyelids fluttered and jerked made the idea dissipate into thin air. Quickly the leader perused the near-empty fresh-kill pile, managing to find half the carcass of a bird--mostly feathers and bones, but still a few scraps of meat--left in the corner. She took it in her mouth, ignored the way it made saliva begin to spring up behind her tongue, and then laid it gently in front of Cinderpaw.

"I'm here to talk," the leader said. Her voice was as calm and neutral as ever, but it bore a rough, hoarse edge that spoke to the lack of water they were all suffering from. Despite the exhaustion, she was able to keep a straight back and regal figure as she sat down by her apprentice. Only hours of practice made her capable of movement at all. "Here, eat. I've had some already." A lie. She had lives to spare--Cinderpaw did not. It was as simple as that. But there was no need for the gentle-hearted apprentice to know that. "What is on your mind? I know that everything is... difficult, right now. But know I am always here for you."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: you will change, says the stars to the moon (c)   you will change, says the stars to the moon (c) EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 10:23 am

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

Perchstars arrival was a comfort. She always underestimated how the presence of her mentor made her mind go quiet-- partially because she was the leader and always held that air of regality, but also because she was her mentor. Someone to fall back on. Someone she would trust with her life, even if it meant walking the rim of the Gorge with her eyes closed.

"We can share," Were the first words that came out of her mouth. "I don't want to eat without you."

Her ears swivelled back when again, the focus came to her. She had rehearsed it time and time again, what she would say, how she would say it. Exactly how it made her feel and what she didn't understand, how she would keep her head high and put on a brave front while meeting Perchstar's gaze. Yet, with her eyes in the shadow of her form, the only thing she could say was; "I'm scared."

It felt unnatural to admit out loud. Fear was something she always swallowed, she would tremble of course and her voice would quiver-- but she always experienced it when there was someone there to stay brave for, or something causing it that she knew she could work around. She didn't know what to do when it was herself.

"I'm scared," She continued, her tail tip rapping against the ground in a quick, rhythmic way. "Of what comes next. Not-- I--.. I am scared of the forest being sick. But... All sicknesses can be treated. It won't last forever, but-... After my Moonstone, when you think I'm ready, I don't know if I will be. Maybe I only look ready because I have you, or another warrior, to advise me and keep watch. But when I am a warrior... What if I am on a patrol and something happens? What if I have to be the first to jump into a battle but I'm too... afraid?"

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: you will change, says the stars to the moon (c)   you will change, says the stars to the moon (c) EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 5:06 pm

Stubborn as always. Perchstar acquiesced with a very small bite of the bird, ignoring how she wanted to devour the entire thing, and then pushed the rest towards Cinderpaw. Her ears were swiveled forward, giving her apprentice full attention. All thoughts of thirst and starvation were pushed away. Her struggles were irrelevant. Then finally, Cinderpaw spoke again. Perchstar felt a tug on her heart, as if it were being yanked out of her chest. Vulnerability, honesty. A difficult first step. But the apprentice had taken it. Admitting fear was the first step to conquering it. Perchstar had dealt with feelings of anxiety and impostor syndrome for most of her life--but not quite the type of constant fear that Cinderpaw confessed. Still, she had experienced fear. Fear that she wouldn't get back home when she was stranded. Fear that those she cared for would die... and some had. Hopefully, her advice would help.

"It's all right to be scared," Perchstar said softly. There was not an ounce of judgement in the clear blue of her eyes. She spoke calmly, but not unkindly. "Everyone experiences fear sometimes. Even I fear things." Vulnerability was difficult for her too--but if Cinderpaw could be brave, then so could she. "I fear terrible things happening to my kits. To my apprentices. To my friends. To my entire Clan. Sometimes, my fears are even proved right. But if I spent my entire life listening to my fears, then I wouldn't be able to protect those that I loved." Her tail swayed slowly behind her. "There are terrible things in the world, and sometimes bad things will happen to you. But bravery is not the absence of fear. Bravery is pushing past fear. It is feeling scared, and then doing it anyway. I was terrified of becoming leader, but I went to the Moonstone and did so anyway. I am afraid sometimes that I am leading my Clan to ruin, or that they all secretly loathe me. But I continue with my daily responsibilities and I am rewarded with the love and loyalty that many give me." One white paw moved forward, resting on top of Cinderpaw's. "Whether or not you ever feel ready, ready you will be. I promise you, Cinderpaw, that you are worthy. No matter the fears you have, if you push forward, then that will be enough. It is okay if you are the second on the patrol to lunge into battle. It is okay if you hesitate. So long as your intent is true, so will you be. I will never think any less of you."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: you will change, says the stars to the moon (c)   you will change, says the stars to the moon (c) EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 1:16 pm

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

Cinderpaw felt small. It felt almost like her apprentice ceremony once again, the eyes of the Clan upon her as Perchstar professed herself her mentor. Maybe that was where it began; an ant in the shadow of a giant. The worry had disappeared for a time, in that middle stage of training. She wasn't good, she wasn't terrible. And  then it came  rushing back with force when the first signs of the forest sickness started, and she realised that her skills were not what she thought they were when they truly were needed.

"But what if, even if I am second, I'm not good enough?" She asked quietly, her eyes fixed on the white paw on her own darker one. Perchstar had trained her as best she could. She was not particularly fast or strong, stealthy, or skilled in hunting or swimming. She could do all of those things, but they did not stand out as the best. Mediocre at most. "I... I don't know how you do it. I'm... You face every day knowing one choice could ruin us, and yet you do it, and do it well. I look at a mouse and sometimes I think for a second too long and its gone."

She didn't know if any of the words coming out of her mouth made sense. She hesitated to say it as it was, as if giving it a voice made it real and true. Her shoulders trembled, and she pinned it on strained delirium rather than nerves. "What, even if I am second, happens if I make a mouse-brained decision and mess it all up, and something... Someone..." It did not need a voice. She was second and it happened before, though it weren't her fault.

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: you will change, says the stars to the moon (c)   you will change, says the stars to the moon (c) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 7:21 pm

Perchstar considered the words carefully. There wasn't an easy answer... she dearly wished that there was. Some of these were issues that she'd struggled with for her entire tenure. Instead, she gave a slow blink of understanding. "Well... whether I do my job well is a matter of some debate," she commented, trying to sound as if the thought of her being a bad leader was not one that haunted her every step. "But I am far from perfect. All that I can do is my best. I have to come to peace with that, or it will destroy me. Sometimes I do make mistakes. Sometimes I fail, and fail badly. But all that I can do when that happens is pick myself up and try again." All the cats who went missing from RiverClan and never returned. Poppyshine's maiming. Cloverheart's murder. She contained the shiver that wanted to run down her spine. "Because if I do anything else, then I will have failed. But if I keep learning and push forward, then I can try and fix any mistakes. If I get lost in the past, then who will lead? Who will clear up my mistakes if not me?"

The leader shook her head. It was a heavy burden, but Cinderpaw asked for advice, not for her life story. "If you make a mistake, then you are no worse than any other cat who has ever lived. I assure you that no perfect cat exists. Every warrior hesitates sometimes. Every warrior fails sometimes. What will separate you from the rest is if you are able to pick yourself back up and try again. Does a kit give up learning to walk because they fell once? No, they get back on their feet and continue learning. Even if the unthinkable happens... and it has happened to me. Cats have... have died due to my mistakes. Or things that I could have prevented." One breath in, one breath out. Calm. Neutral. Detached. Her eyes remained clear. "Even if the unthinkable happens, then you improve. You take what you have learned and you continue. You confide in those who care for you how you feel, and they give you the courage to stand back up and try again. I will not lie and say life is easy, because you know it is not. Life is difficult. But no matter how low the valleys of grief and despair, how dark the world may sometimes seem, the sun will always rise again. I promise you. The moments of brightest happiness when you stand atop the sky and look down at the world will always make everything else worth it." Perchstar had never learned how to smile. But she tried to let reassurance temper her deep, stoic voice. She wanted to help Cinderpaw feel better. Light blue eyes, which always looked like ice, seemed half-melted from the warmth she could not truly express. "And you will have that happiness, Cinderpaw. I promise."

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: you will change, says the stars to the moon (c)   you will change, says the stars to the moon (c) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 10:10 am

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

Cinderpaw did not answer straight away. She held her mentors gaze for a time, struggling to ignore how harrowed they seemed. Sunken in, gaunt, darkened, but that flicker of hope still somewhere in there that she saw in all cats. It was getting darker for some. It never seemed that bright for Perchstar.

She wasn't sure what to say. It all made sense to her, that even this too would pass. She was still terrified of what would come, or what wouldn't come, but her nerves were abated by this conversation. For now, anyways. And still, she thought something was left unsaid. She came to Perchstar to ease her own worries, and now, hearing all this, she had found a new one.

"Do you have that happiness?" She asked plainly. Perchstar was at the top. She had climbed through kithood, apprenticeship, warriorhood, to be a deputy and then to leadership, and StarClan-knows-what in between. She stood on that sky with the name of '-star', and yet... Cinderpaw had not seen a lot, she knew that much. Perchstar had seen... everything, almost. Had she seen herself smile recently, in the reflection of a puddle? She would say river, but it was so murky now that it was warped.

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you will change, says the stars to the moon (c)   you will change, says the stars to the moon (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

you will change, says the stars to the moon (c)
Page 1 of 1