Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

honeywell [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

honeywell [C] Empty
PostSubject: honeywell [C]   honeywell [C] EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 10:16 pm

Silverpaw

It'd been a quarter, maybe half-moon since all the prey had fled from the marsh. Maybe even longer... Silverpaw had lost track of the days. He'd been more focused on pushing himself through every day, trying to find what prey he could to bring home. With Pineblossom's kits growing faster and faster every day, his resolve sharpened, urging him to persist through any ache or exhaustion to hunt. Patrols had started scouting the Carrionplace, filthy infestation-riddled scour. Silverpaw had neglected to join them, adamant in his refusal to set paw there, but he was beginning to think he would be faced with no other choice soon. But just as that consensus reached him... so did another.

Leopardstar wasn't strict on allowing apprentices passage out of camp. So long as they returned safely and caused no trouble, it was an infraction she could turn a blind eye to. Silverpaw was near to being a warrior, anyway; tall now, filled out, an expert in ShadowClan's teachings. He was waiting only on the name to be bestowed upon him-- he felt more like a demoted warrior than an aged apprentice most days. If any one of them had earned the right to traverse their territory unsupervised, it was him. Unoccupied, he decided the lapse in duties was a sign he was meant to pursue his ideas, and slipped silently out of camp with the red sunset as his only guide.

Making his way to the Highpine was easy. Silverpaw had been there countless times on patrols already, even a few times himself-- this was no different. SkyClan was a returning point of fascination in his life. And though they'd looked ragged at the most recent Gathering, something kept them fed. Something that would do better in ShadowClan bellies.

The sun had finished its descent as he walked, and the moon peered over in its place. Everything had been dipped in black, highlighted with soft silver; it was his preferred element, and all of SkyClan were likely to be asleep. Still, he couldn't forsake due caution for good timing. He'd have his pelt ripped off if he was caught, and he wouldn't allow that to pass. That in mind, Silverpaw lifted his nose to breathe in deep, ears turning forward to strain against the silent wood... and was surprised to catch a scent. More than the woody richness of SkyClan's land, but something fresh; a singular cat, moving. Before long, he could hear their pawsteps overtop brittle leaves, echoing like thunder in his ears.

He could have left. It would be more sensible to back away, slink into the shadows and await the unintended sentry leave... but Silverpaw held his ground. Curious, he drew closer to the border as the pawsteps grew louder to wait right at the edge of it. A demure little smile settled on his muzzle and he lifted his chin with preemptive regard, head tipped ever-so-slightly to the side. He had encountered one friendly SkyClanner at the border before, willing to entertain his energy... he was sure he could get lucky again. And if he performed really well... he wondered if he couldn't do more.

Throw my better self overboard, shoot at him when he comes up for air.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

honeywell [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: honeywell [C]   honeywell [C] EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 11:30 pm

Bubblepaw was born in greenleaf, when the sun rose early and stayed long and filled the days with brilliant light. She still had yet to adjust to this... this darkness that accompanied the turning of leaf-fall and the nearing of leafbare. She'd just been wandering around the territory, searching fruitlessly for just one more bird or another cool leaf rustling in the wind, trying to enjoy the beauty to distract from the gnawing hunger pangs in her stomach. She hadn't even been out for that long. But at some point she just stopped and blinked, her pale, luminous green eyes widening in shock when she realized how hard it had become to see. It was dark outside. Where had the sun gone? She could've sworn it was light just a few minutes ago. And... where was she? The territory looked so different at night.

She wasn't scared, of course, Bubblepaw was a big strong cat and not even the thought of foxes lurking behind the nearest bushes could make her tail poof up or her fur stand on end. But still, her steps were hesitant but quick, darting around the bases of trees and scanning the dim territory for any sign of trouble and any sign of the path back to camp. She wasn't paying any attention to how loudly her pawsteps fell on the crunchy, dry tree leaves. In fact, she wasn't paying attention to the scent of the border until it was right there and a pair of bright green eyes was staring at her suddenly from the darkness-- "AAAHHHH!" Her startled cry shook the air, high-pitched and sudden, as she skidded to a stop. Was it a badger? A fox?! But--no, that eye shape couldn't be a predator. She slowed her breathing. It was just a cat. Another cat. One she'd never seen before.

She'd never met a cat from ShadowClan before! The panic faded, replaced by excitement. Bubblepaw shook out her soft gray fur, offering a bright, apologetic smile. "Sorrysorry! You scared me! I'm not usually out this late, haha. Guess I just wasn' expecting to run into somebody else. But ShadowClan cats see in the dark, right? Right! So I guess you could see me comin' a miiiile away, huh? That's so cool!" Her long-furred tail waved behind her, no longer stiff from fear. "What's your name? Nono wait--lemme guess. Uhhhh, Green-somthin'? For your eyes? No, that doesn't make any sense. Darkpelt! Or maybe Eveningfur? Moonclaw?" She stopped suddenly, cutting her voice off as she began another guess. "Oh. Sorry, I just realized I haven't let you talk yet. Daddy says I'm s'posed to let people answer 'fore I keep asking more questions. Whoops." Bubblepaw's warm smile grew a bit sheepish as she sat atop the crackling leaves, waiting for an answer. The concept that this tom might think of her as an enemy never even crossed her mind.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

honeywell [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: honeywell [C]   honeywell [C] EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 11:35 am

Silverpaw

A pair of green eyes, brighter than his own, melted out of the growing darkness. With them came a gray body and a sudden cry of alarm. Silverpaw's expectant smile faltered and he took a quick step backwards. Had he really looked that frightening? He felt a little sorry for making her scream like that, but then, he wanted to laugh at her too. Did every cat she ran into at the border earn that reaction, or was it the late hour that made him seem so fearsome? Shaking his head, Silverpaw dismissed the moment's startle along with his private questions. That easy, pleasant smile returned, and he stepped forward to resume the spot he'd been waiting in as the SkyClanner shook off her own brief fear.

Once she'd seemed to determine he was no threat, she talked, tongue racing from the moment her jaw fell open. Silverpaw let her go on, taking her in while he listened. She looked about his age-- younger, though --with bright, naive eyes, and mouse-brained enough to treat him like a denmate. He wanted to be annoyed with her incessant talking, her foolishness, but he found it hard to. She reminded him of himself, fresh out of the nursery. And when every other word out of her was flattery, he figured she could go on until she could pass out. He couldn't find any anger at all, when she took it upon herself to try guessing his name.

Silverpaw lifted onto his pads immediately, chin raised and tail starting to wave behind him. He felt more aware of his recent height than he ever had, looking down at her with his neck stretched out. Pride rolled off his pelt in waves. She thought he was a warrior! Silverpaw's soft grin stretched into a proper beam, pointed teeth wide on display. All ulterior motives were forgotten as he fixated instead on the thrill that sent through him. "Oh, don't apologize," he purred to her faltering laugh, "I'm really enjoying listening." Silverpaw took a casual step closer. If he wanted to, he could spring across the border; spring at her, just to start a fight. Silverpaw blinked twice and shook his head to clear the thought. "I should be the one apologizing, really. I didn't mean to frighten you. I just-- well," he gave a sheepish laugh of his own and scuffed the ground with a paw. "Yeah, I saw you coming. I got curious... I mean, we don't run into others at the border very often. It's always nice to hear a fresh voice, isn't it?"

With that set, Silverpaw did a little turn, long-furred tail waving in a flourish before curling happily over his back as he settled to face the SkyClanner again. "Those are quite handsome names you guessed. I'm a little envious you came up with them..." He'd considered lying to further stroke his ego, but with no way of knowing what name Leopardstar would honor him with, there was potential for trouble in the future. With a little sigh, his broad smile fell and Silverpaw looked down at his paws. "I hate to tell you you're wrong, but... I'm not quite a warrior yet," his head snapped back up, wolfish grin returning in force, "but I'm impressed! I'm very close to my ceremony. It'll come any day now." He rolled his shoulders and stretched out, spine stretched and hips low. Though lack of food had thinned his coat, made thinner in places around his ruff from the scratching, the rising moonlight illumined him: his pale body was bright, and light wove through the dark cape stretched across him.

"My name is Silverpaw," he answered finally, holding himself posed for a few moments longer before drawing back into a more relaxed stance. "I wonder, could you guess my warrior name based on that? I'll tell you if you're right, the next time I see you." He squinted warmly at her. He wanted her to assume they were already friends, lest her training catch up with her and she remembered hostility. He was already enjoying reveling in her attention; he didn't want it spoiled so early. Silverpaw made a little, "Oh!" and put on a face of surprise. "Guess we both forgot our manners." He laughed again, soft and airy. Taking another step forward, he stood right at the line dividing their territories before settling into a relaxed sit. "I must have missed your name. Care to share?"

Throw my better self overboard, shoot at him when he comes up for air.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

honeywell [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: honeywell [C]   honeywell [C] EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 12:24 am

Bubblepaw felt the slight nervousness that had stopped her words fade away, melt into relaxation at the other tom's sincere smile. There was something very nice, she thought, about the way his green eyes regarded her. "I love talking to new cats," she agreed enthusiastically, echoing his smile with a winning grin of her own. "Daddy says other Clans aren't s'posed to be our friends, but I think that's silly. What's the point of fighting when you can talk instead?" This tom seemed to think himself very handsome. Honestly, though, his pride was well-founded. The sleekness of his glittering silver underfur, the soft way the darker fur draped over him, even the curly tufts on his head added to his charm. Bubblepaw wasn't so oblivious that she wouldn't appreciate a fine-looking cat when she saw one. "Oh! I just thought you looked like a warrior. But we might actually be pretty close in age, then. Only you must be a bit older if you're 'bout to get your ceremony."

The fact that he wasn't annoyed with her--that he liked listening to her talk--that he seemed to enjoy her endless flow of words made some deeper light spark in the back of her eyes. She always worried, just a little bit, that she'd be annoying. But he was having a good time talking to her. At least, that's what his easy smile and gently-spoken reassurances seemed to suggest. Why did that make her feel so warm inside? Bubblepaw couldn't stop smiling. "Silverpaw," she said, trying it out. It tasted nice on her tongue. "That's a great name!" Though he seemed to say it without really thinking, the suggestion that they see each other again made her heart leap. "Oh--I'll try! Honestly, any name would sound good with Silver. But, uh... How many guesses do I get? I'll just do three. Silvermoon, Silvermask, and, uh..." she trailed off, thinking for a moment. "Silverbird," she finished, smiling in satisfaction with her guess. Then she blinked again. "Wait, maybe that's too SkyClan-y. I don't know if ShadowClan eats birds as much as we do. Anyway, too late to second-guess! Those are my three tries. But whatever your leader comes up with, I'm sure it'll be great!"

Silverpaw's impeccable manners and charming inquiries lulled Bubblepaw into such security that she didn't even notice how close he was to the border. Even if she had noticed, she likely wouldn't have cared. How could she have forgotten to give her own name? She echoed his laugh, sweeping the earth behind her with her feathery gray tail. "Sorry, that's so dumb of me! All those words and not one of 'em's my own name. It's Bubblepaw, by the way." She tilted her head, smiling unstoppably at him. "I'm not so close to my ceremony 's you are, but I hope it'll be sooner rather than later! Prolly my brother's gonna get his name before I do. Maybe my sisters too, but it depends. Birdstar's gotta be a good leader, so she can't show favoritism or anything. Not--not that I think I'm her favorite! She's just my great-auntie, but she's related to half the Clan anyway." She was rambling again, she knew, but his patience and encouragement had emboldened her. "D'you got any siblings? Family? I mean, 'ts okay if you don't! Lots of my friends are only kits, or they're like Thymepaw and they came from somewhere else. But I think spending time with other cats--family, mentors, friends--is just the best. I'm glad I ran into you! It's way more fun to speak with someone than just wander around lonely by yourself, don'tcha think?" All previous fears were entirely forgotten by this point.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

honeywell [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: honeywell [C]   honeywell [C] EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 8:29 pm

Silverpaw

To no surprise, his effortless charm worked wonders on Bubblepaw. Silverpaw's tail swept back and forth to stir the crackling leaves, evidently pleased with himself. "Fighting is such a waste. Of time and energy!" He agreed emphatically, however much the claim made him want to laugh. "Warriors are so quick to threaten drawing claws... I'm glad you see the value in having more allies than enemies." Her ceaseless smile was met with one of his own, lop-sided and waggish. Whatever internal battle underwent the brief flash of uncertainty in her eyes couldn't have been too difficult, as she comfortably leaned in to listen--and to continue chattering away. When she tested the name he'd provided, the slow, awed way she said it made Silverpaw's pelt sear.

"Only really skilled hunters can catch the marsh birds. Considering they're my favorite quarry... I just might pass that on to Leopardstar." Silverpaw squinted warmly. In truth, he thought Silverbird a ridiculous, soft sounding name. But... her other suggestions were admittedly decent. Some of the investment in his eyes was earnest, now. "No, no- not dumb at all! I took you by surprise, didn't I? But either way--Bubblepaw is perfect for you," he purred. "Bubblepaw. It has a bounce to it."[/color] He popped the b's on repetition, bringing a playful lilt to the syllables of her name. Silverpaw mirrored the tilt of her head and the persistent smiling.

She mentioned siblings, though he couldn't recall noting any SkyClanners with such a starkly simple pelt as hers. Whoever they were, Bubblepaw was more importantly related to their leader. Despite her hurried explanation Birdstar showed no favoritism, and their relation was distant, Silverpaw felt an envious little twist wondering what being it was like, being leader's kin. It curled into a fully realized pang at her following question, combated only by the rush of pride with thinking of recent additions to his family. (His family. Always a quiet marvel.) "I do," Silverpaw answered easily. He had to swallow and take a deep breath through his nose before continuing, "My mother is Pineblossom, and my father is Forestbreeze. They're both respected, senior warriors of the Clan. They've just had kits, too--all healthy, and growing fast. One of them's a nuisance," he laughed from low in his chest, "but they're good kits."

She did not need to know he was adopted and had woken up dead next to the only blood family he'd known. He'd thought, too, that she didn't need to know of the brother he'd lost--and he did not want her pity--but her sympathy... Silverpaw bowed his head. The innocent warmth in his features faded, turning downcast. His ears fell and he drew in on himself. "I did have an elder brother... His name was Honeylight." The breath Silverpaw took was shaky; the shudder a small play for effect, and he was in some way grateful it wasn't natural anymore. "He was my mentor, but... his time to join StarClan came early. A fox surprised us in the territory, and, well... I'll say it was a long walk back to camp."

Silverpaw blinked a few times. He wasn't sure what had pulled earnesty out of half-honesty. It sat heavy and cold in his chest. He swallowed once and shook out his pelt. Just like that, he was bright again: laughing nervously, with a sheepish little smile and wide, fluttering eyes. "Oh, I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring us down." He scuffed the ground and shuffled a bit on his paws. Then, came a sudden dare: all casual, Silverpaw shuffled forward, treading paw over the border to resettle right at Bubblepaw's side. "I guess talking to you is just that easy," he purred with a friendly whisk of his tail across her flank. "I'm glad I ran into you, too. I think your company is the best I've had."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6