Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

by any other name (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

by any other name (c) Empty
PostSubject: by any other name (c)   by any other name (c) EmptyWed 1 Nov 2023 - 12:18

Only a few hours had passed since meeting Bracken Wing, and yet Rose had already caught and killed enough mice to feel confident she had earned her keep for a night. She wasn’t foolish enough to hunt inside the barn (that would exhaust the closest source of prey; she’d hardly be thanked for that), but trotted back from a nearby copse, prey held in her jaws. Even she could tell that the rain was near, now, a grey hazy wall on the horizon approaching at a stupendous speed. Hopefully Bracken Wing had told her friend (wherever they might’ve been during their original meeting) that Rose could stay a night or two. She did not feel like taking some misguided claws to the face.

Poking her head back into the barn, Rose saw no sign of Bracken Wing. Perhaps the other molly was asleep, or hunting; she should be quiet, as to not disturb the other cat and her still-unknown friend.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: by any other name (c)   by any other name (c) EmptyFri 3 Nov 2023 - 14:04

Whisperear

Brackenwing was resting after a long day, but Whisperear, for once, had a little excess energy. They decided to use it cleaning up the barn. They cleared away mousedung that had been deposited in random places throughout the barn (and what a disgusting chore that was) before they washed up and then moved around the dispersed bits of hay around. Brackenwing had mentioned a new cat that would be staying here for a couple of nights in exchange for catching food for them. It felt like a fair deal, and getting a break from catching prey while their bodies were sore sounded nice; thus, Whisperear was putting together a nest for the stranger they had yet to meet.

Rose…Whisperear wondered how much that name would continue to haunt them. The name of their childhood best friend who disappeared, the name of a new fellow apprentice they looked after before she disappeared too, then the childhood friend who returned for a short while only to die of sickness…and now this strange loner who they had yet to meet. Would she be like the first Rose, who was kind to a naive degree, or the second, who had been so wild and uncautious that he nearly got herself killed several times? Or, perhaps, someone entirely new…

Whisperear’s large ears heard the gentlest brush of paws on wood and they looked up from the nest they were making. They spotted a new cat peeking inside with some catches in her jaws.

Ah…you must be Rose, they greeted. Their voice was soft and a little scratchy, unable to speak above a whisper. I’m Whisperear. Brackenwing is resting. They gestured towards the nest. I’ve made you a nest in thanks.
WindClan • Elder • They/Them • 55 | 50 • #9999cc
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: by any other name (c)   by any other name (c) EmptyFri 3 Nov 2023 - 14:24

Ah. Rose felt some of the tension ebb from her shoulders at the sight of Bracken Wing’s friend. She had half-feared that this yet-unknown cat would be some great hulking brute, more than capable of killing her in her sleep, and yet the cat that met her was… well, like none she’d ever met. Never had she seen a cat with fur like a newborn ermine, a pelt shorter than a mouse’s, so different from her own long fur, nor with ears almost as large as a hare. Such a cat would never have survived in the land of grinding ice, but she supposed such a coat might help during warmer weather. And the clawmarks over their throat- this cat would not be a threat, and that would let her sleep a little easier.

She hoped. Appearances could be deceiving.

Made her a nest? In thanks? That was incredibly suspicious. She had not done anything worthy of- of putting that much time into thanking her. Already they were doing her more than she was them, by letting her seek shelter here. Rose trotted inside, laying the mice down, but not without glancing warily up at the rafters. That was a mistake many made; not thinking vertically, and that had cost cats their lives, when they failed to notice death on the wind or beneath the ice.

“That’s very kind of you,” she replied, because it was (and that was suspicious). “And it’s nice to meet you, Whisperear, and I appreciate the effort, but I’d rather sleep on the rafters, if that’s alright.”
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: by any other name (c)   by any other name (c) EmptySun 12 Nov 2023 - 11:41

Whisperear

The newcomer seemed nice enough; quite polite but not necessarily shy. A different Rose entirely then, which Whisperear was actually relieved about. Had she reminded them of someone from their past, it would have been more difficult to hold a proper conversation.

The rafters? they repeated. They looked up at the wooden bars sticking out from the roof and holding up the twoleg architecture. Whisperear and Brackenwing could certainly never get up there with their sore bodies, but they supposed there was no problem in Rose being up there. They couldn’t imagine you could make a very comfortable nest up there. If you are sure. Brackenwing and I sleep up the ladder, so we’ll be closer to you than if you slept down here. We won’t bother you, though.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: by any other name (c)   by any other name (c) EmptyMon 13 Nov 2023 - 14:48

The other cat- Whisper Ear, an odd name if she had ever heard one- looked somewhat confused, if anything, by her request, but did not object. That- that was good. Yes, she could be closer, but the leap was the point- the only way she would sleep well at night was if she knew she was safe. Or, at least, less likely to be killed in her sleep. That was good.

Rose dipped her head in thanks. “I won’t be any bother. Um… is there anything else I can do tonight? It’s awfully gracious of you to let me stay.”

She shuffled her paws quietly, not quite adverting her gaze. The gracious offer of a nest made her feel like she had to offer to do something more, something to make it up to them… she didn’t know what else to do.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: by any other name (c)   by any other name (c) EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 15:20

Whisperear

Whisperear shook their head and waved their paw to dismiss the offer. They said, You’ve already caught us some prey when we struggle to move around very well, so that is plenty already. So long as you don’t cause trouble—which it does not seem like you will—then you don’t have to worry about paying us back.

They busied themself in the conversation by moving the prepared nest back to the edges of the barn where they had been sweeping up the excess hay. They could feel their stamina depleting, but they would use up all they can while they still had it. They continued, Where did you come from, anyway? I don’t recognize your scent, so I don’t think you’re a cat of the forest. Did you come from the twolegs?

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: by any other name (c)   by any other name (c) EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 14:28

Ah. Rose’s ears flicked back at the thanks, her gaze falling to the side. She… she did not like this. The other cat’s words did little to dispel that creeping feeling of being in debt, of owing an unknown to an unknown. …so be it, then.

Rose stood awkwardly, listening to Whisper Ear with the slightest twitch of her tail. Twolegs? “I do not think you have heard of my homeland, the land of the grinding ice far to the north. I… have been travelling, but as winter approaches I thought it wise to stay where I could find prey, instead of wandering further south chasing unfounded hope.”
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: by any other name (c)   by any other name (c) EmptyWed 29 Nov 2023 - 15:46

Whisperear

Whisperear’s eyes widened and glistened with intrigue as Rose spoke of where she came from. It sounded like something out of a story; so unlike anything in the forest here. They had experienced snow, but it sounded much different than grinding ice. Their ears perked up in interest and they asked, So you travel around a lot? How far north do you go? I’ve never known anywhere outside of this forest. The furthest I’ve ever gone was the Highstones. They gestured off towards the tall rocky peaks in the distance, barely seen through the small window of the barn.
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699