Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

new blood for old stories

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moth

Moth

Characters : Mothpaw | Sorrelpaw | Nettlepaw
Clan/Rank : RC Apprentice | SkC Apprentice | TC Apprentice
Aquarius Cat
Number of posts : 150

new blood for old stories Empty
PostSubject: new blood for old stories   new blood for old stories EmptyTue 12 Sep 2023 - 17:55

Sorrelpaw

skyclan
apprentice

Ugh.

Sorrelpaw’s legs were heavy as they carried her towards the medicine cat den, tempted to run away rather than venture inside. If she could even run away, she highly doubted it. She desperately wanted to appear better off than she felt, anxious to not appear weak. Vulnerability was not becoming of her and she feared the eyes that would follow her, as well as any potential looks of disappointment thrown her way. As much as she wanted to see her grandmother, curl up beside her siblings, she felt a great embarrassment with her injury. It was hard to ignore the pain that throbbed however, and how disgusting her blood stained pelt felt.

As she limped towards the den she debated with herself that she didn’t really need help, that cats recovered all the time without help. Right? How else would rogues be able to survive all of their fights? They were apparently full of old scars, fresh wounds and they never sounded in that ill health. They didn’t have medicine cats, as far as she was aware. So if she turned away now and took some rest in her nest she’d probably be fine…

As she slowly turned to retreat to her nest, Ploverpaw’s cries rang in the back of her mind, almost pushing her towards the medicine den. Fine. The grey she-cat stared into the entrance of their den, taking a shallow breath.

“Smokepetal…” Sorrelpaw reluctantly limped into the den, calling out to the cat. She wasn’t sure if they were present but she had little option,  “I…I think Plover would have my pelt if I went to sleep instead of coming here.”

JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: new blood for old stories   new blood for old stories EmptyThu 21 Sep 2023 - 14:13

The smoky she-cat was curled up in her nest when the sound of faint pawsteps drew her gaze towards the entrance of the medicine den. Sorrelpaw finally came into view, and Smokepetal visibly relaxed once she realized who it was - or, wasn't, rather. Quickly, she got to her paws, padding forward to inspect the apprentice as she spoke. "Oh, dear... that looks like it hurts," she said gently, guiding Sorrelpaw towards one of the other nests.

She returned to her stock of herbs, brow furrowing as she realized they desperately needed to be restocked before leaf-fall really showed up. But they - she, Smokepetal reminded herself - had enough for this, for now. She selected a few and returned to Sorrelpaw, nudging a few tansy and ragwort leaves towards the gray she-cat. "Here, eat these while I work on this..." she began cleaning the wounds to the best of her ability. "Can you move your leg okay?" she asked as she worked, praying to StarClan that it was just mostly surface level injury, and nothing deeper.
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Characters : Mothpaw | Sorrelpaw | Nettlepaw
Clan/Rank : RC Apprentice | SkC Apprentice | TC Apprentice
Aquarius Cat
Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: new blood for old stories   new blood for old stories EmptyWed 4 Oct 2023 - 0:53

Sorrelpaw

skyclan
apprentice

A sigh of relief left Sorrelpaw’s throat as she folded into one of the nests Smokepetal guided her towards, thankful for rest. The cat’s calm demeanour helped her thudding heart, closing her eyes for a moment before the she-cats voice forced them open once more.

“It does.” She admitted. Despite her reluctance she was here now, and her siblings couldn’t hear so she didn’t have to worry about their concern; she could be honest, “stupid thing got me ‘outta nowhere.”

She thanked the cat silently as she placed herbs before her, quick to chew them. Sorrelpaw grimaced, refraining from spitting out the herbs, though it was tempting. The sooner you eat them they’ll be done, she told herself through the mouthful. She grimaced, the medicine cat’s questions a welcomed distraction from the taste.

“I…I think so.” Sorrelpaw replied, moving her leg at Smokepetal’s question. She winced, only from the wounds being stretched.

JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: new blood for old stories   new blood for old stories EmptyWed 4 Oct 2023 - 15:13

The medicine cat pulled back to examine the range of motion as Sorrelpaw demonstrated, and then nodded, satisfied, as the leg appeared to move normally. "It does look like that works perfectly fine," she said, her worried smile turning into a relieved one. "Give me just a moment here..." she returned to her stores, and gathered a few herbs to make a poultice, returning shortly and beginning to chew and apply it to the wound.

"Is this the only thing that hurts, dear?" she asked. "No other wounds or bumps anywhere?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new blood for old stories   new blood for old stories Empty

Back to top Go down

new blood for old stories
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp :: SkyClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: