Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Vivere est militare

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

Vivere est militare Empty
PostSubject: Vivere est militare   Vivere est militare EmptyWed 6 Sep 2023 - 15:28

As Stormwatcher thought back about the events that led to the taking down of that final fox that had gotten away from the earlier attack he was keenly aware of how well the apprentices had fought in getting it.

One particular apprentice seemed to have done alot of damage to the fox. And he wanted to train this apprentice further. Push this appretnice to the maximum possible. When he had been an apprentice he had been very lazy and didnt try very much at all. It was not until recently that Stormwatcher tried as hard as he had in anything. But now that he had friends he cared about in the clan and now that he was with Patchdream he had alot more reason to actually try.

He had worked to become harder working and not so lazy over time. He wanted this apprentice do also do well in things. If he could get this apprentice more practice then he couldnt imagine the force he would become later as a warrior.

Going over to the apprentice den he flicked his ears "Bearpaw? you in here? Come, we have sparring to get done. I was impressed in how you handled yourself with that fox. You are going to train extra hard from now on with me and I will make you into a fighting force that no one will dare to oppose.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 717

PostSubject: Re: Vivere est militare   Vivere est militare EmptyWed 6 Sep 2023 - 17:29

Bearpaw

Bearpaw was sleeping in the apprentice's den, having been told to get extra rest after his fight with the fox the day before. He hadn't been injured in the battle, but his sister, Sorrelpaw, hadn't been so lucky. Regardless, Bearpaw wasn't about to complain about getting his much-needed beauty sleep. Unfortunately, his plans for a nice day of napping were interrupted by a voice from outside of the den. Lifting his head, the tom cast his gaze toward the den's entrance, his blue eyes narrowed. Ah, it was Stormwatcher. Bearpaw listened to what the warrior had to say and smothered the jolt of pride at his words.

Grunting, the tom got to his paws, shook out his fur, and padded out of the den, tail-tip flicking back and forth impatiently. It was nice to be acknowledged by a warrior such as Stormwatcher, but why couldn't it wait until he was done with his nap? With a yawn, Bearpaw processed everything Stormwatcher had said. "How could I refuse that offer?" He muttered, only being half sarcastic.

Though, he had to admit, it was quite the honor to be singled out by a well-respected warrior like Stormwatcher. So, with a dip of his head, Bearpaw turned to the older tom, his paws kneading the soil with excitement. "So, what's the plan? What're you teaching me?" Most of his battle experience came from the combat with the foxes, so he was looking forward to some proper training for a change.

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Vivere est militare   Vivere est militare EmptyWed 6 Sep 2023 - 19:23

Stormwatcher watched as the apprentice got up and ready. He nodded leading him over to the practice area where they had softer moss underpaw for the practice spars and such.

"hmm okay well I guess I should show you some new moves that you can be working on to get stronger. You have to be ready to defend your family, your clan and all. I know its not easy to train and its not easy to get up and force yourself to work, but when you feel like skipping or taking it easy, I want you to think about Sorrelpaw, think about how what you are learning now could one day help to defend her life in the future" Its how Stormwatcher got stronger, how he got better about actually taking his fighting seriously. He had wanted to defend Stoneheart, Littleflower and Patchdream. The wanting to defend others had turned him from a pretty lazy warrior to one that was now pretty good at fighting and pushing his clanmates to better themselves too.

"Here, I'll show you a move you can use in our lands alot from all the trees we got!" he purred

Going over to a nearby tree he climbed up a little ways still pretty close to the ground. "Skyclanners like us have long mastered the use of surroundings to get advantages.
I want you to leap from up here and tackle me over when we start."
he explained.

He leapt down pushing off with his hind legs and landed next to the apprentice.

Stormwatcher has demonstarated the move: Skyclan: Leaping Bound [Special, Pin] for Bearpaw

"If you are lucky you can pin your opponent down afterwards and then you are already at an advantage right out the start of the fight.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Vivere est militare   Vivere est militare EmptyThu 7 Sep 2023 - 7:16

Bearpaw

With a flick of his silky tail, Bearpaw followed Stormwatcher to the moss-covered practice area and had to resist the urge to collapse right then and there. It was so comfy under his paws - just like a nest. He resisted though and turned to look at the experienced warrior, his blue eyes icy. Stronger. He'd never thought about it before, but Stormwatcher made a good point. To protect his sisters and the rest of Skyclan, he needed to be strong. His thoughts drifted to Sorrelpaw and he remembered fighting the fox - remembered how it gripped her in its jaws and tore her up. The warrior was right, he didn't just want to be stronger, he needed to be stronger.

Bearpaw had always expected his instincts to take over in a fight and, so far, they had. But what would happen when it wasn't a wild fox, but a seasoned warrior that he was battling? A cat with just as much training and just as much to fight for would be infinitely harder to fight than a fox was. Primarily because he couldn't just sink his teeth into a cat and kill them - it was against the code. With a nod, Bearpaw lifted his head, chin high. "Alright, I see what you mean."

At Stormwatchers mention of the trees, however, Bearpaw hesitated. He'd not yet learned to climb and whether it was a lack of training on his mentor's part or a lack of willingness on his end, he wasn't sure. It was just so high up and so...far to fall. Regardless, the brown and white apprentice schooled his expression into one of interest and watched as the warrior navigated to a low branch. He didn't respond to his words, but nodded along as he examined the other tom's technique. He had a lot of time to make up for if he wanted to navigate the trees like a true Skyclanner.

Then, the warrior leapt from the tree, soaring gracefully to the ground and landing without so much as a sound. The moss was definitely a good place to practice if you weren't worried about practicing being stealthy. With a brisk nod, Bearpaw made his way to the tree, somewhat uncertain. "You want me to climb up there and tackle you?" He asked, brow quirked. "No claws, right? Just pin you to the ground?"

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Vivere est militare   Vivere est militare EmptySat 9 Sep 2023 - 8:36

Stormwatcher nodded "yup!" he meowed without hesitation.

Stormwatcher was defenetly a bit of a barbarian when it came to things like this. To most cats tackling each other out of trees maybe would seem like a bit of an odd training exercise but not to Stormwatcher.

He had his soft side of course when it came to Patchdream or his former apprentice Stoneheart. But he really did want all his clanmates to be kept safe, so for right now that meant showing them how to fight without hesitation.

"That's exactly right, the more we practice the better we will become and no clan is gonna mess with us!" he meowed confidently.

"Not that any clan really could mess with us now anyways since we are sorta the best" he added on with a nod. Now that he wasn't so lazy and was focused on improving himself it also came with a dose of feeling that Skyclan was the best. So it probably would reinforce that in Bearpaw too if the apprentice had any of that idea already in his mind too.

He glanced at the hesitant apprentice, "not sure how to climb? Don't worry, it took me along time to learn too, I never had a good mentor, I was passed from one mentor to the next."

He went over to the tree and showed how you can grip your claws into the grooves of the bark and how to balance your weight and all. "remember, push with your hind legs too, alot of newbies try and just climb with their front paws then get fatigued too fast"

He gave a nod, "You can do this!" he meowed confidently and loudly. Defenetly a bit of pushing for the apprentice but in a mostly healthy way.

"Alright, now get up there and tackle me! Pretend I'm some mousebrain shadowclan warrior attacking your sister or something"

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Vivere est militare   Vivere est militare EmptySun 1 Oct 2023 - 17:49

Bearpaw

Bearpaw flicked his tail uncertainly, but nodded in agreement, nonetheless. He may be a brute, but he wasn't in the business of harming his clanmates. Though, knowing that Stormwatcher was a seasoned and gifted warrior did quell his concerns for the most part. Huffing with amusement, Bearpaw shrugged. He wasn't an easy tom to please by any means, but he did like the way Stormwatcher talked. Of course Skyclan was the best in the forest, they were the strongest, most loyal cats out there - anyone would be a fool to think otherwise.

"The other clans are weak at the moment." He meowed gruffly. "But I agree, we should keep on our toes and not underestimate them." Words came easily when the topic was Skyclan's strength and the other clans' weaknesses. The fur along his spine lifted slightly, though, at Stormwatcher's observation of his hesitance. It wasn't neccesarily that he didn't know how to climb, it just wasn't exactly his strong suit...

With a sniff, he stepped back to watch Stormwatcher demonstrated the best way to climb and search for good paw-holds. Feeling spurred on by the older tom's confidence in him, Bearpaw strode up to the tree, his claws unsheathed. Okay, okay. Gotcha." A Shadowclan warrior hardly seemed like a challenge, though. Instead, Bearpaw found his mind wandering to the fox that had sunk its nasty fangs into his sister - the thought made his blood boil.

The brown and white tom kept that mental image in his mind as he scaled the tree more or less easily enough, finally reaching the branch Stormwatcher had first leapt from. Digging his claws firmly into the bark, Bearpaw peered down at the warrior, his blue eyes dark and focused. In his mind, it wasn't a fellow Skyclanner, but a rabid fox gnashing up at him from the roots of the tree.

With little preamble, Bearpaw launched himself from the branch, his paws outstretched as he bowled into Stormwatcher from above. His claws pricked into the warrior's skin perhaps a bit too harshly as the two tumbled to the ground. then, the haze of anger faded and Bearpaw sheathed his claws, stepping off of Stormwatcher with little more than a quiet, apologetic grumble. He was fine - Bearpaw was more focused on how he'd done. He hadn't been graceful by any means, but it hadn't been too bad, right?

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Vivere est militare   Vivere est militare EmptyMon 2 Oct 2023 - 21:03

Stormwatcher nodded agreeing. Skyclan was the best!! It was nice to talk with someone who agreed that the other clans were sorta second to them.

"heh, yeah no joke. We really are the best" he said queitly almost to himself but he was fine with bearpaw hearing too. It was good to have a healthy dose of clan importance. He just had alot of it same as bearpaw. They certainly would be quite a force to deal with once bearpaw got a bit more practice.

the apprentice seemed to catch on quick! and Stormwatcher nodded proudly. He watched the apprentice climb the tree with a wide grin of approval, "yea!! what other clan can do that?? NONE of em!

He walked along underneath the branch pretending to be oblevious fox/shadowclan cat.

The wind got compltely knocked out of him as Bearpaw leapt down sending him rolling over.

He let out a loud "oufff" as he got hit.

He blinked a bit dazed but shook his head after a second nodding.

"That was great!!!" The big tom stood up shaking his pelt out and gave a loud cheer of pure energy

(lol this topic is so funny to me, Laughing tackling each other out of trees and talking about how their clan is best clan)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Vivere est militare   Vivere est militare EmptySun 8 Oct 2023 - 15:41

Bearpaw

Bearpaw narrowed his eyes at Stormwatcher, a little put off by his energy. Being a more laid-back, lazy tom himself, he tended to have a hard time getting to know her more...excitable clanmates. They seriously drained his energy sometimes. Though, it was nice that Stormwatcher wasn't as soft as some of their other clanmates were. He and the older tom had similar ideals, at least, as far as he could tell. Sunfire was similar in that respect, though he was more serious than Stormwatcher - a quality Bearpaw appreciated far more than he let on.

Regardless of his hesitance towards the warrior, however, Bearpaw couldn't help but crack a smile at his infectious enthusiasm. It certainly was true that no other clans could navigate the trees as deftly as Skyclan could or hunt as effectively in among the branches. Not only that, but Skyclanners were also accomplished ground hunters.

After making a successful leap at Stormwatcher, Bearpaw found his paws and stared at the warrior, waiting for praise or any sign of approval. Stormwatcher, it seemed, was much more vocal with his praise and Bearpaw cringed away slightly at the volume of his voice before a small smirk spread across his face, it had been pretty great, hadn't it? Well, of course! He was Bearpaw, son of the strongest warrior in Skyclan!

Flexing his claws into the tightly packed earth, the brown and white tom lashed his tail proudly. "Of course it was great." He meowed gruffly. "I have the best warriors in the forest to teach me." It wasn't often that Bearpaw offered any praise of his own, but he didn't mind throwing out a compliment or two once in a while if it was deserved. Then, his gaze darkened. "Stormwatcher. If a cat ever used that move on me, how would I get myself free?"

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Vivere est militare   Vivere est militare EmptyTue 17 Oct 2023 - 18:36

Storm nodded. It wasnt long ago that he too was an extrememly laid back and pretty lazy tom himself, that had changed more recently, but he knew where bear was coming from.

He did appreciate the fact that Bearpaw had a healthy about of clan patriatism. They vibed well with that he supposed.

hmm ... what should he do if someone did that against him??

The warrior nodded and thought for a little, "well, you never wanna give up your back in a fight, otherwise they can choke you out and control you. So what you should try and do is get to a gaurd position, you have to have some amount of counterplay to what they are trying to do, meaning you hook your legs around them to try and work your way out of it.

Ideally, the fight wouldnt ever go to the ground like that but if it did hopefully that would give the apprentice some idea of how to get out of a bad spot.

(sorry for the long delay, been a long week and I havent felt the best)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vivere est militare   Vivere est militare Empty

Back to top Go down

Vivere est militare
Page 1 of 1