Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i just can't win (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6856

i just can't win (c) Empty
PostSubject: i just can't win (c)   i just can't win (c) EmptyTue 5 Sep 2023 - 22:30

Usually, Felix enjoyed hunting. But these days, it felt more monotonous than anything. Go look around the alleys for prey. Find a rat or a mouse or something escaped from the forest. Kill it. Eat it. Mope that it hadn't changed his life at all. Repeat. He was beginning to get sick of himself, and the way he was acting. It was unlike him to be slinking around these alleyways so miserably. However, he was used to seeing new and interesting things each day. When he went this many days without finding a beautiful new landmark, strange hiding place, or interesting sparring companion, how was he supposed to live? It wasn't loneliness nor boredom, but simply an emptiness that made him want to dig his claws into the pavement beneath him.

So it was that he was sitting at the base of the fence separating town from forest, tail whipping back and forth in a quick-paced impatience, almost demanding entertainment from the blissfully innocent birds that sang at the tops of the trees. He would not trespass; that was a line he had promised long ago not to cross. But still... Still, would it really be so hard for a forest cat to appear and speak with him? He was dying for a spar, or at least some conversation.

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App
Number of posts : 965

PostSubject: Re: i just can't win (c)   i just can't win (c) EmptyWed 6 Sep 2023 - 19:58

Bearpaw

Bearpaw padded silently along the edge of Skyclan's border, his nose to the ground as he followed the markers around trees and through tall clumps of grass. After replacing the bedding in the nursery, he'd been eager to get out of the camp and return to the border where his apprenticeship first began. Sunfire had once told him that any cat that came from outside of clan territory couldn't be trusted and ever since, he liked to check the border for trespassers. Outsiders were more dangerous than any regular clan cat. They had no rules to follow - no code to keep them from murder or theft. Not that the code always kept clan cats from doing so.

The tom was aware that clan cats could just as easily become murderers or things of the like, but for now, his sights were set on outside forces. Now that he was almost fully grown, any cat could easily mistake him for a warrior - especially rogues or kittypets, which seemed to enjoy causing trouble. Tail lashing, Bearpaw lifted his head, a suspicious scent in the air. It was faint, almost indecipherable, but he could tell that it was another cat. From what he could tell, the stranger hadn't crossed the border yet, but it was best to make sure that it stayed that way.

Growling under his breath, Bearpaw followed the scent, his blue eyes dark with distrust. Soon enough, the distant twolegplace seemed to crawl closer and closer and before he knew it, Bearpaw caught sight of a fluffy black tom sitting near a fence. The cat was a decent distance from the border, but he wasn't going to take any chances. Stalking out from the undergrowth, the brown and white apprentice approached the border, stopping only a pawstep from the scent line.

"It's a fine morning for a stroll, no?" His eyes narrowed briefly, taking in the yellow-eyed cat before him. "You look like you're expecting more than a peaceful walk though. What do you want?" If the stories had taught him anything, it was that rogues always wanted something from the clans. Their territory, their food, their resources...it was always something with those snakes.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: i just can't win (c)   i just can't win (c) EmptyThu 21 Sep 2023 - 21:36

And it seemed that once again whoever heard his silent pleas had answered them. Felix moved his head instantly to the side, ears pricked up, when he heard a sound. Paws on early autumn leaves. Undergrowth rustling. Faint sounds, but ones that a trained ear could recognize quickly. Sure enough--a cat moving out of Sky Clan territory, looking toward him with a distrustful glower. The tom looked fairly young. A little younger than his own kits would be by now, perhaps. Felix tried to ignore the pang that the thought sent through him and instead move his full attention to the newcomer.

"It certainly is a wonderful morning," he agreed pleasantly. If it hadn't been before, then it certainly was now. The young tom was muscular and intimidating, though not nearly as much as he would be once he'd grown a few more inches. In the meantime, it felt like encountering an adolescent bear rather than its mother. Dangerous if one was unprepared, but no real concern. "Expect? I expect nothing. I find that life is less likely to disappoint me that way." Golden eyes glimmered in the brown-and-white tom's direction. "Now, what I want is a different question entirely. The answer to that is many things. But mainly, I was hoping for a conversation partner. And now one has appeared! How fortunate for me."

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App

PostSubject: Re: i just can't win (c)   i just can't win (c) EmptyTue 3 Oct 2023 - 22:56

Bearpaw

Bearpaw's eyes narrowed into a distrustful glare as the unfamiliar tom spoke, the fur along his spine prickling. It was a good thing he had decided to patrol the border today - Starclan knows what this sneaky tom was up to. Though, the more he spoke, the more Bearpaw found his temper beginning to boil over. Why did he insist on speaking in riddles? Just goes to show how obnoxious outsiders were, they understood nothing of honor, strength, and kinship. Why, this tom was all alone - he probably abandoned his family long ago...rogues had no loyalty.

Tail lashing impatiently, Bearpaw scoffed. "Oh please. If you want a conversation partner, you'd better look somewhere else. Skyclan is not grounds for you to spread whatever mischief you're up to." Bearpaw lifted his chin, attempting to stare down the older tom. He may not be fully grown, but he'd proved himself to be a pretty capable fighter thus far - at least, he thought so anyway. "Maybe try Riverclan, they're super friendly." A small smirk wormed its way onto the apprentice's face at the thought of this tom trying to make friends with the water-loving clan.

Snickering softly, he added, "Plus, you don't need to worry about them hurting you-" His smirk suddenly faded into a disdainful sneer. "They're much too fat and slow to pose a real threat." Bearpaw chuckled at the joke, his fluffy plume of a tail held high. This rogue likely knew nothing of the clans, though. He could tell him anything he wanted to, and he'd probably believe him.

Bearpaw's icy blue gaze traveled down the other tom's body for a moment - he didn't look particularly weak, though. As much as he disliked the other clans, he didn't wish harm upon any cat. Well, not those who didn't deserve it, of course. It would be best to put an end to this and send him on his way. "Well, I can tell you now, I'm not interested in making small talk, so you'd best be on your way."

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: i just can't win (c)   i just can't win (c) EmptyTue 31 Oct 2023 - 23:46

Felix only spared a blink for the tom's hostile attitude. This jumped-up young cat seemed completely full of his superiority, and was looking down on him for being an outsider to the forest. It wasn't the first time, he supposed. It did not hurt him one bit. In fact, he was due for an unpleasant encounter, given all the kind cats he'd met in this part of Twolegplace. It did cause him a small chuckle that the tom--so many years younger than him, by his reckoning--thought him so foolish as to be easily redirected. A quip began to rise to his tongue about how he totally had never met any of the other Clans, and how kind this tom was to recommend them to him, and--but then the next sentences came. Oozing out, raw with malice. The sheer, naked contempt on the Sky Clan tom's maw was appalling. Though he called them fat and slow, it was apparent by the scowl on his face that he thought them nothing less than the scum of the earth.

He didn't register the next few words the tom said, nor the appraising glance at his lean but muscular form. Felix's brain had gone hot. He had always been cool-headed--sly, witty, using wryness as a shield for ever showing his true emotion--but something about the insult managed to actually pierce his skin. A pair of ice-blue eyes floated before his vision. An insult to River Clan. An insult to Perch. From this tom who likely had never even met her--and who didn't deserve to. Before he knew it, the loner found himself flying forward, claws outstretched. It was stupid to start a spar with this cat. He could win easily. What point would he even be making? But it was too late to stop himself, and his claws bit into the Sky Clan cat's pelt.

Felix used Jumping Strike, dealing 11 (8+3) damage and costing 7 stamina.

Felix:
60/60 HP
123/130 SP

Bearpaw:
9/20 HP
60/60 SP

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: i just can't win (c)   i just can't win (c) EmptyFri 17 Nov 2023 - 21:56

Bearpaw

Bearpaw considered the loner for a moment, an almost smug grin on his face at the silence coming from the other side of the border. He'd clearly stricken the tom dumb and left him floundering for something to say. With a flick of his tail, he opened his jaws to suggest that the other tom move along when, almost faster than he could follow, the larger, older cat was upon him with teeth and claws bared! With a yowl, Bearpaw wrenched himself away from the rogue, his blue eyes burning with rage.

How dare this clanless nobody attack him!? And on Skyclan soil at that! Looking back, he hadn't been the friendliest, but he'd done absolutely nothing to provoke this brutality! At least, as far as he was aware. Growling low in his throat, Bearpaw tried to ignore the sting of claw marks on his skin and sprang towards the black tom, landing smoothly atop his back, his claws easily finding purchase in the other tom's flesh. This wasn't the ideal situation, but he would not take this attack lying down!

Whatever it was that had provoked the older tom, he didn't care. All that mattered now was getting out of here alive. Starclan knows if this insane cat intended on letting him out of here alive! Of course, a more rational cat would realize that it was a hopeless battle, but Bearpaw wasn't exactly known for thinking things through carefully. For all he knew, this rogue could be part of a group bent on stealing Skyclan's land! He couldn't just flee and lead him right to their camp!

Snarling, Bearpaw shifted, digging his claws deeper into the black tom's shoulders. He had a good grip! Hopefully, he could wear the tom down a bit, enough to at least escape when the opportunity arose.

Bearpaw used "Leap and Hold" costing 15 stamina and dealing -6 HP.
Felix is pinned for 2 turns!

Bearpaw:
9/20 HP
(-15) 45/60 SP

Felix:
(-6) 54/60 HP
123/160 SP

Last edited by GravisCordis on Fri 17 Nov 2023 - 22:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15439

PostSubject: Re: i just can't win (c)   i just can't win (c) EmptyFri 17 Nov 2023 - 21:56

The member 'GravisCordis' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: i just can't win (c)   i just can't win (c) EmptySun 10 Dec 2023 - 18:19

Of course Felix shouldn't have started a fight. He regretted it immediately. While this pipsqueak was no match for him, he was battle-trained. And this wasn't a fun spar. This was serious--or it had been when he initiated it, anyway. A slight to Perch's honor. He knew that she wouldn't care. He was perfectly aware that whatever this little kit thought of her didn't matter to her in the slightest. Still, something had driven him forward... and he always finished what he started. So when the Sky Clan cat pinned him down, Felix twisted beneath his claws. It didn't quite work, but he did manage to slash at the younger tom. There was nothing left to say. So he said nothing.

Felix used Duck-and-Twist unsuccessfully, dealing 4 damage and costing 5 stamina. Felix is pinned for 1 more turn.

Felix:
54/60 HP
118/160 SP

Bearpaw:
5/20 HP
45/60 SP

Last edited by Ash on Sun 10 Dec 2023 - 18:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15439

PostSubject: Re: i just can't win (c)   i just can't win (c) EmptySun 10 Dec 2023 - 18:19

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

i just can't win (c) Mistpe10
i just can't win (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i just can't win (c)   i just can't win (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

i just can't win (c)
Page 1 of 1