Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Is this what it's like?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2857

Is this what it's like? Empty
PostSubject: Is this what it's like?   Is this what it's like? EmptyTue 5 Sep 2023 - 19:00

Sprucebark paced back and forth thinking a bit to himself. He always had his day planned out and right now he actually had some free time before his next task began. He didn't really know what to do with himself.

Glancing around camp he did see mum nearby and he as he thought through the schedules he realized that she should be free right now too.

Going over to join her he purred a little and gave a typical formal greeting, "Good afternoon mum, wanna go for a walk? Catch up a little?"

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: Is this what it's like?   Is this what it's like? EmptySat 23 Sep 2023 - 14:50

Poppyshine

Poppyshine smiled brightly when Sprucebark approached her. “Hi Sprucey,” she greeted affectionately. She gave him a couple licks on his cheek and smoothed out his fur (which didn’t need tending to and was always kept pristine, but she did so anyway to have an excuse to coddle her son.) “I would love to go for a walk, sweetheart.”

She walked with him out of camp and into their territory. Signs of leaffall could be seen starting to peek through the forest, but it didn’t affect their territory as much seeing as they had less trees. Poppyshine looked to Sprucebark. “How have you been faring? And how is training going with Rainpaw?”
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Is this what it's like?   Is this what it's like? EmptySat 30 Sep 2023 - 19:45

Sprucebark watched as his mum fused a little over his fur and pelt like mums do. He gave her a friendly nuzzle back. Rain paw is alright, he’s been through a lot losing his parents.. I’m trying to be there for him. Recently though I think he’s starting to get sick, I sent him over to check in with minnow

(Minnow is spruces affectionate nickname for sandy)

Not to worry, I’m sure minnow will know what to do he meowed confidently. All the same, he worried for his rain paw, is this what mum felt when he and his siblings got into trouble?

As they left camp the air was a little cooler but ok, not all that bad.

As they neared the river, Sprucebark was no longer visibly nervous or fearful of it like he had been prior. He had recently gotten a hold of himself more and although he would always miss minksplash he had finally gotten over his fear of water.

How was he fairing? Pretty good. I got a lot better from things overall. I was tryin set up a fight club with a good friend over in skyclan ya know, the one that saved me from those badgers and all, but auntie perch has reservations about all that.

What else was new with him? Surprisingly enough it had been kinda quiet with not much trouble, maybe for once it would remain that way

And what about you mum? You doing alright?

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Is this what it's like?   Is this what it's like? EmptyWed 4 Oct 2023 - 10:46

Poppyshine

Poppyshine was happy to hear about Sprucebark’s time with Rainpaw. The news of them being sick was concerning, but she also knew that Sandyshell would take good care of them. She was sure they would be better in no time.

The mention of his fight club project also drew a small chuckle from Poppyshine. “Yes, I cannot see Perchstar going for something like that either,” she admitted with a small smile. She could understand the appeal, but especially with the harder moons approaching, it would be better to put focus towards finding prey.

She looked at Sprucebark and gave him a warm smile. “I’m doing just fine, Sprucey,” she promised. “Things have been rather peaceful in RiverClan, don’t you think?” After so many months of hardship, with her children getting snatched away by twolegs and then just a couple of moons later, a couple of her children dying and Perchstar disappearing…It had been quite hard. But since the last tragedy, there had been some kind of peace that settled over RiverClan. Poppyshine knew that it would not last—it never did—but she would enjoy the time she had now.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Is this what it's like?   Is this what it's like? EmptySat 7 Oct 2023 - 20:49

[oh no :(  poppy guessed it so correctly... I'm sure the next topic we have of them will be famine filled
:(... I guess I will try and make him as happy as possible now... here comes my best attempt at a happy spruce post before we dive into the sitewide chaos  Yes ]

Sprucebark gave a deep happy purr nodding.  "very peaceful indeed" he agreed.  The sun peaked through the clouds warming their pelts and added to the enjoyable day.

Sprucebark had more pep in his step now than he had in a long long time.  His mum was right, different cats grieved for different lengths of times and in different ways.  He had lost a lot of siblings and for a long time he had been scared of the water that gave their clan life.

But now, things were beginning to mend.  His bond with Rowansong was now stronger than ever and he finally once more felt like this was where he truly belonged.  Getting time with his mum was a blessing and he couldnt be happier from it.  A wave of overjoy smacked him and he fell behind a bit taking it all in.  

For once, he stopped by a patch of flowers and looked at them for a long while, usually his patrols and schdeules would not allow for such a waste of time as to look at them but as he stared he noticed more and more detail they had, the intricate petals all overlapping one another, the way it moved in the wind, the colors of them, he knew well enough that the cold weather would claim that but for now it was nice to slow down for once and exist in the moment as things were.

Catching back up he gently pawed her shoulder getting her attention and then gave her a big hug.

Sprucebark had always been open with his emotions especially to her,

although more logical than poppyshine yet more emotional than perchstar, he was a mix somewhere in between the two when it came to emotions vs logical thiking.  Recently however, he had been shifted closer to his emotional side.

He nodded , "maybe you are right, perhaps the peace will not last forever, but I know what ever comes next we will face it together, I promise you, I will be more careful this time, I will not be taken from you again.  While the most clear interpretation of this was not being taken by twolegs, he also meant taken in any form of the word, including death.  He promised himself here and now that if anything bad happened he would remain catutious.  Poppyshine was a good soul and devoted mother, she did not deserve to lose any more kits, he wouldn't let that happen.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Is this what it's like?   Is this what it's like? EmptyWed 18 Oct 2023 - 13:03

Poppyshine

Poppyshine watched Sprucebark when he slowed to look at some flowers. She could not imagine a younger Sprucebark pausing in what he’s doing so he could sniff at flowers. It made her heartache, both with pride at how he’s grown and with pain at seeing her son grow up so quickly. When he returned and they shared and embrace, Poppyshine purred loudly in his ear.

“I’m so lucky to have you as my son,” she told him warmly. “I’m proud of how much you’ve grown. You’re so important to me, and to RiverClan.” Poppyshine pulled back so she could lick at his cheek and groom his fur again like he was a little kit. “I won’t be going anywhere either.” She smiled warmly at him. “I thank StarClan every day that I’m lucky enough to have you and the rest of my family.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699