Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Full Heart Empty Head

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2857

Full Heart Empty Head Empty
PostSubject: Full Heart Empty Head   Full Heart Empty Head EmptyWed 6 Sep 2023 - 9:48

(The title has nothing to do with this... I just couldnt think of anything to title it lol)

Sprucebark went over to where the patrol was supposed to meet up with for the morning. As always, he had his whole day neatly planned out and such. So he knew right now he was supposed to be going on patrol with Rowansong his brother. And a newer apprentice that he didnt know so much about but was eager to get to know now.

"Greetings Pigeonpaw!" he meowed formally to the apprentice seeing him approach. "How are you doing today?" he asked keeping very happy and polite as usual.

"Remind me once again, who is your mentor?" he asked curiously. Try as he did, it was near impossible for him to remember all these new apprentices, he loved that the clan was growing and getting new cats but he felt bad not knowing them as well as he may have liked, but luckily he would get to know Pigeonpaw now a bit more.

"My apprentice is Rainpaw, they are new to the apprentice den, if you can make them feel welcome that would mean alot to me"

Rainpaw was his apprentice but even beyond that, he felt Rainpaw was almost a kit of his to look out for. He had looked out for Rain ever since the young kits parents had died tragically leaving them with no one else.

Glancing over as he heard his brother approaching Sprucebark flicked his tail in greeting and gave a purr. "Rowan!!" he meowed happily going over and even giving his taller brother a little nuzzle into his shoulder.

If this had been when they were young warriors or appretnices, they wouldnt even be able to stand being on patrol together. But their brother-relationship had grown so so very much and now Sprucebark considered Rowansong one of his closest clanmates.

"You doing okay Rowansong? Ready to go?" he asked wanting to check in on his bro and second question of course wanting the patrol to get on since he was very timely of course and being on time was very important to Sprucebark.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: Full Heart Empty Head   Full Heart Empty Head EmptyWed 4 Oct 2023 - 10:27

Rowansong & Pigeonpaw

For once, Pigeonpaw sat still. Well-- no, she wasn't at all. She had been sitting still to begin with, waiting with amazing patience by the entrance to camp, but that only lasted about a heartbeat or twelve before she got restless and jumped to her paws, pacing back and forth. It wasn't terribly long before a cat made his way toward her, and she came to a halt mid-step upon recognizing Sprucebark. "Hihihi!" She chirped, circling around him as he came to a stop beside her. "Oh, I'm great. I was gettin' bored outta my mind having to jus' sit there 'n' wait but one'f you's here now which means we're gonna leave real soon I hope! I'm realreal 'cited to get back out there!" Her tail shivered while she spoke, bristling the energy. "Poppyshine's my mentor! She's sooooo nice, but, like, ya prob'ly know that, since-- ain't she your mom? Well anyways-- she's great! 'M real glad she's my mentor, and! And her other 'pprentice is Swanpaw! She's my sister! So it's extra great! Andand, she's the deputy." Pigeonpaw finally came to a halt in front of Sprucebark, puffing out her chest and rising to stand on her toes. "Which means I get big braggin' rights.

"Oh, yeah, sure. Suresuresure. I dunno Rainpaw, but I'll keep an eye out for'em! I'll make 'em feel real real welcome, you don't gotta worry."
Pigeonpaw was taking a deep breath, ready to continue rattling on when Sprucebark's attention was dragged away. She turned, blinking with surprise at the approaching tom she hadn't noticed. Rowansong was shaking himself out as he approached, a quiet purr rumbling in his chest when Sprucebark pressed against him. "I'm well, brother," he answered warmly, touching his nose briefly to Sprucebark's ear. "Ready for anything, I suppose. Tally ho." Rowansong announced, waving his tail as he stepped away, leading them through the inlet surrounding camp.

He led them a little ways into the territory until the scents of various land prey became apparent in the air. "Well, I suppose we ought to begin, hm? Try to catch more prey than I do." His voice lilted merrily as he spoke the challenge, and without waiting for a response from either of them, he slid off to disappear through the reeds. Pigeonpaw had bristled immediately at his words, puffing up and stamping a paw against the ground. "Oh, I'll show him!" She huffed, spinning around to bolt after the first thing her eyes fell on-- a water vole, splashing its paws in a small puddle. She barely remembered to drop into a crouch before she went racing toward it.

While Pigeonpaw tore after the vole, Rowansong had spotted a starling amidst the rushes. He sank low to the ground, belly fur brushing across the dew-wet grass as he crawled forward, careful to rustle the reeds as little as possible. When he was close, he closed his paws expertly around it, caging it before it could flutter away. With a quick nip to its neck, it went still before it could even cry out. Pride glowing in his chest, Rowansong gingerly picked up the bird and returned to where he'd left the patrolmates, tilting his head curiously as he watched Pigeonpaw sail towards what appeared to be a rodent of some sort-- landing muzzle-first in the mud, and missing spectacularly as it went scurrying away. "A bit overzealous, no?" He called evenly as he dropped his bird, which earned a yappy, "Hush! I would'a had it!" in response. With a snort of amusement, Rowansong turned to his brother when Pigeonpaw collected herself from the muck and tipped his head entreatingly. "Well, go on then, Sprucebark."

Rowansong attempted to catch a starling... catch successful! -3 SP.

Pigeonpaw attempted to catch a vole... attempt unsuccessful. -3 SP.

And if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like you’ve been here before?Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Wed 4 Oct 2023 - 10:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: Full Heart Empty Head   Full Heart Empty Head EmptyWed 4 Oct 2023 - 10:27

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8, 3

Full Heart Empty Head Mistpe10
Full Heart Empty Head Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2857

PostSubject: Re: Full Heart Empty Head   Full Heart Empty Head EmptyWed 4 Oct 2023 - 11:09

While still in camp, Sprucebark tilted his head a bit to the side trying to catch what the apprentice was saying.  She certainly had a lot of energy! Her speech patterns were interesting to say the least and the formal Tom found himself blinking a bit catching about half of what she had said.  She seemed to chop words up and combine them in shortcuts so that she could talk even faster.  He stared for a second unsure how to respond to that.  Is this what apprentices talked like now?  He must be getting old.

Nonetheless! He really did appreciate her high energy level and learning that this was mums apprentice he smiled happily and nodded yes indeed.  She’s my mum and I’m glad you get to train with her poppyshine really was the best.

He nodded as his brother began the patrol and took off after his clanmates.  He observed at first just keeping low and watching.  Of course Rowan wanted to start a little friendly competition, hmm try and catch more than Rowan he said?

Shouldn’t be too hard he purred quietly but with a playful smile to his bro obviously made in good fun.  They got along so well now their differences balancing each other nicely and he for one was going to keep it as such.

Pigeon paw I recommend in order to get more than him we take a calculated approach and try to… and the apprentice was already gone darting at something with little to no plan.  Sprucebark winced as she dived into what appeared to be a big mud pond.  He couldn’t imagine trying to clean all that out of pelt later on.  He tilted his head looking at her.  Don’t worry. That happens to the best of us.  Remember to try and take your time when you approach, and umm we can get you cleaned up in the river here soon here too. she had hardly even crouched down before leaping right at it.

Seconds later Rowan came back with a bird!! Wow those were hard to catch.  Oh wow! Nice catch Rowansong he turned to pigeon paw and winked don’t worry, I’ll see what I can do to catch us back up to him.

He scented at the air and walked a little away from the patrol to give everyone room but close enough by in case of any issues.

Spotting a mouse nearby he blinked focusing at it and crouched down low to the ground.  The wind was picking up and it was not in his favor the mouse would smell him if he went any closer now.  That was fine, he would wait and be patient.  Once the wind stopped a little later he crept up closer not rushing anything and then he pounced out at it trying to trap it in his front paws

Attempt mouse catch -3 sp

Rolling dice… dice failed!

The mouse darted off center right before he could get it! He tried to scramble and chase after it but it had already gotten undercover of lots of narrow rock cracks and disappeared underground where he couldn’t get it.

With a sigh and shake of his head he went back to his patrol. well, I’m glad you can catch things Rowan. You take this round he purred nudging his brother at least one of us won’t go hungry hm? he playfully jested a bit. He had learned to relax a bit more around Rowan and actually really enjoyed being around him.

Turning to pigeon paw he nodded we will get him this time, let’s see what mum has taught you he encouraged

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Wed 4 Oct 2023 - 11:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: Full Heart Empty Head   Full Heart Empty Head EmptyWed 4 Oct 2023 - 11:09

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Full Heart Empty Head Mistpe10
Full Heart Empty Head Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Heart Empty Head   Full Heart Empty Head Empty

Back to top Go down

Full Heart Empty Head
Page 1 of 1