Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I Owe You This and Nothing More [Smallstar]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5707

I Owe You This and Nothing More [Smallstar] Empty
PostSubject: I Owe You This and Nothing More [Smallstar]   I Owe You This and Nothing More [Smallstar] EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 1:27 am

This was not a conversation that Brackenwing particularly looked forward to, if for very different reasons than her reluctance with her sons. She'd had her own problems with Smallstar in the past, and had always been honest with him. She didn't much like the tom still, but he was... Trying, with the mess he had inherited as Windclan's leader. Trying, but through her talks with Whisperear and observing the clan, Brackenwing had come to the realization that this simply wasn't the clan she knew any longer. Batsong too had left, and with her another tie severed. Forcing herself to her paws, Brackenwing sought out the new leader with a sigh, tail tip twitching behind her. Part of her wanted simply to leave... But she owed him this much of an explanation. As for how he would take it... Well. She was about to find out, she supposed. "Smallstar?" She called, approaching the small, fluffy tom. "May we talk?"

Brackenwing WC T5 Elder [65 / 130 *] #702fd8
Wolfstar SkC T5 Leader [80 / 170] #a0c8e6
Swandive RC T3 Warrior [50 / 120] #0881ab
Briarpaw SC Apprentice [20 / 60] #867b6b
Honeykit SkC Kit [10 / 30] #ff4732
Cloudkit [Bonus] WC Kit [10 / 30] #a45ee9
Stoneheart [Perma NPC] SkC T5 Warrior [70 / 160] #616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

PostSubject: Re: I Owe You This and Nothing More [Smallstar]   I Owe You This and Nothing More [Smallstar] EmptyWed Sep 06, 2023 10:33 am

'Smallstar.'

The tom raised his ears, acknowledging that his name had been called but not yet turning around - he still wasn't quite used to the change. In the mere heartbeats it took for him to face who'd called for him, the voice registered in his head, further confirmed when his eyes rested upon the familiar figure of Brackenwing. Immediately, his brows furrowed, visible discomfort plaguing his features. A brief urge to recoil urged him keep his paws firm to the ground, waiting for her to approach rather than meeting her.

The formality in which she spoke unsettled him. Silently, he wondered if she saw him differently, just because his name had changed. A faint melancholic feeling rested upon him. "Yeah, we can." He said, simply, avoiding her gaze.

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5707

PostSubject: Re: I Owe You This and Nothing More [Smallstar]   I Owe You This and Nothing More [Smallstar] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2023 1:40 am

Brackenwing noted the leader's discomfort, and fought not to roll her eyes. Smallstar was self-aware enough to admit his flaws, but that was hardly enough to make a good leader. Better than the previous one's fragile ego... weak mind, weak spirit. But Smallstar too shared some of those traits. Albeit to what Brackenwing hoped would stay a less destructive extent. But she found herself tired of it. Tired of trying to push leadership beyond that, tired of the clan's acceptance of it. The more tired she grew, the less she cared to be around it. That she hardly recognized the clan she grew up in, had believed in... It made the decision that much more simple. Smallstar did not approach, and with her tail twitching, Brackenwing moved past him and turned. Sat. Unlike him, she had no problem meeting his gaze. It was a show of respect that not many in Windclan were deserving of, but for the moment he was still her leader and she would allow him that much respect.

"It's no secret I've been... disillusioned with Windclan's leadership for a long time." More and more by the day, even as that leadership changed. Tigerdance was the one bright spot, the one spark of hope that Windclan had. And yet, he and Sootstorm were not enough to keep her paws here. Not with Whisperear's intention of leaving. "The more things change, the more I realize that I don't recognize the clan I was born and raised in. The majority of my family is gone, my friends and those I care about, too. I hardly know the younger warriors these days, and... I won't lie. I don't care to. They mean little to me, and I am sure I mean even less to them. I don't... Care to rectify that, either. I have nothing to offer Windclan, and over the seasons Windclan has offered the same to me." Brackenwing paused for a moment, allowing her words to sink in.

"I am not Batsong, to make a display of leaving. I am not your predecessor, to try and destroy the clan as I destroy myself. Nor can I abandon the clan without a word - you deserve that much, rather than wondering where an elder has wandered off to." Windclan had more important things to focus on. Rebuilding, in more ways than one. Not something Brackenwing was able or willing to help anymore.

When Brackenwing spoke again, there was no plea or uncertainty to her words. Only the truth that she had come to realize. "I've given the decision some thought, and... Well. If I had to choose between remaining by Whisperear's side or the clan I feel next to no connection to anymore... It is no choice at all." She stated, green eyes fixed on the small tom in front of her. "Tigerdance and Sootstorm are good cats. They are more like my own kits to me than my own kit was. But I cannot stay and guide them forever, nor can I stay in a place that hasn't felt like home in a long time." She and Whisperear had wanted nothing more to return to Windclan when they were trapped in the barn... And now that they had been trapped in Windclan's madhouse, the urge to return to the barn's peace and quiet was overwhelming.

Brackenwing WC T5 Elder [65 / 130 *] #702fd8
Wolfstar SkC T5 Leader [80 / 170] #a0c8e6
Swandive RC T3 Warrior [50 / 120] #0881ab
Briarpaw SC Apprentice [20 / 60] #867b6b
Honeykit SkC Kit [10 / 30] #ff4732
Cloudkit [Bonus] WC Kit [10 / 30] #a45ee9
Stoneheart [Perma NPC] SkC T5 Warrior [70 / 160] #616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Owe You This and Nothing More [Smallstar]   I Owe You This and Nothing More [Smallstar] Empty

Back to top Go down

I Owe You This and Nothing More [Smallstar]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp-
Jump to: