Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5703

You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm] Empty
PostSubject: You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]   You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm] EmptyMon 4 Sep 2023 - 11:22

Brackenwing found that as much as she dreaded this next conversation, she was not dreading it nearly as much as she thought she would. This, she told herself, was for the best. She loved Sootstorm as her own son, but it was time to let go, one step at a time. That didn't mean it would be easy, but every day Brackenwing felt herself growing more distant from the clan she hardly recognized as home.

Spotting the warrior across camp, Brackenwing limped forward. "Sootstorm, can we talk?" She called, tail waving toward a less busy area of camp.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3232

PostSubject: Re: You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]   You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm] EmptyFri 8 Sep 2023 - 19:03

Happiness comes the way the wind blows

Sootstorm's head snapped up from the pile of herbs. After such a long time of trying to find herbs for Sparrowthron to heal Ferntwist and their kits, he had grown a habit of bringing back whatever healing herbs he found out on patrol, even if... the original recipients were no longer here. "Of course," The tom replied, reluctantly leaving his pile of herbs to follow the elder to the corner of the camp. "Is something the matter?" He asked, worried gaze on his mother's face. What was it this time? The look of pensiveness on her face could only mean bad news... and yet, she seemed determined. What could have happened to trigger such a reaction from Brakenwing?

He didn't want to know. Hadn't enough happened already? Whatever it was that troubled Brakenwing, that made her think that she had to make some sort fo choice, that affected... him, somehow, he didn't want to know.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardkit / Tom / WindClan Kit / #cc9900

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]   You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm] EmptySat 9 Sep 2023 - 13:10

Sootstorm left the herbs behind, albeit reluctantly. It almost seemed as if he were expecting something to be wrong, and after all that had happened, Brackenwing couldn't fault him for it. "Nothing's... wrong. Well, the forest isn't on fire and nobody's knocking at the camp entrance, or anything." She mewed, letting out a soft huff. "But I've been thinking recently... And I need to make a change for me. I won't be leaving just yet, nor do I intend to leave without saying farewell to those I care about. But I will be leaving, soon. Windclan... It hasn't felt like home to me. Not in a while. The majority of the cats I knew and care about are gone, now. I hardly recognize most of the warriors, much less know them, outside of you and Tigerdance... And the few cats who I've had less than pleasant interactions with." A sigh left her. The words hurt, but only because of who she was saying them to. "The clan doesn't need me, and I think it's best if I move on. I'll miss you, Sootstorm, and will always consider you and Tigerdance as my own sons. But it's time." She said softly.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]   You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm] EmptyThu 14 Sep 2023 - 19:50

Sootstorm starred blankly at Brakenwing as she went on. Her words didn't seem to be registering in his mind. Move on? It's time? Time for what? He searched the elder's eyes, trying to find answers, signs that it was all just some kind of elaborate prank, but Brakenwing would never joke about something like this. So it's just like that? She just leaves? He couldn't imagine a world without her. She was the cat he went to when he was scared as an apprentice, the cat he went to when he found he was going to be a father. She was always there, but now she just wants to... leave?

Sootstorm swallowed uncomfortably. This was a long time coming. It was obvious to anyone with eyes that Brakenwing was not as close with her Clan as she used to be. He didn't think that it would resort to this, but then again he had hardly paid any attention to the elder since Ferntwist gave birth to his kits. "I suppose Whisperear will be going with you?" He asked softly. The elder was a close friend of Brakenwing, so it only made sense that they would go with her.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]   You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm] EmptySun 17 Sep 2023 - 15:13

Sootstorm's reaction was one of discomfort and hurt, and while it did give Brackenwing paused, she nodded at his words. "We'll be leaving together, yes." She confirmed. She had decided that she wouldn't apologize for it, though seeing his reaction hurt. "I'll miss you, Sootstorm. Know that I'll always care about you." She added, "There's an old barn past the edge of Windclan territory on the way toward highstones. We'll head there." She didn't expect him to visit, by any means, not with the duties of a warrior, of fatherhood all coming first. But if he did she would always make time for her son.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]   You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm] EmptySun 17 Sep 2023 - 21:03

Sootstorm nodded numbly as Brakenwing continued. It didn't feel real. It couldn't be real. But it was. That pained him more than he could say, but he couldn't do anything about it. As much as he wanted to hold on to Brakenwing, as much as he wanted to beg for her to reconsider and stay, it wasn't the right thing to do, and it wasn't with her best interest in heart. It was his.

Unlike Rose and Ferntwist's death, it wouldn't be right to fight for them to stay. It would be best for everyone if he just let go. Sootstorm felt tears prickle at his eyes, but blinked them away. "I'll always care for you too. If you ever need anything, know that I will always welcome you. Thank you, for everything," He mewed, his voice cracking and fading off in a high note. He pressed his face to Brakenwing's shoulder, letting his tears soak her fur. It was almost as if she was dying here at his paws, the way he was saying goodbye.

When he had gathered himself together, Sootstorm took a step back. "When will you be leaving?" He asked, putting on a brave face for Brakenwing. His heart was crumbling, but this wasn't about her. He wanted the elder's last memories of Windclan to be pleasant ones. He wondered briefly if it was possible to squeeze in one last trip to the flower fields before she left.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]   You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm] EmptyWed 20 Sep 2023 - 18:52

Despite the sadness tugging at her, Brackenwing felt her heart warm as Sootstorm spoke. He was a cat who was truly good. A cat the forest could use more of. She would miss him, and stars help Windclan if anything were to happen to him like anything that had happened recently. "The same goes for you, as well. If you ever have need of me, or just want to talk, you know where to find me." Brackenwing mewed. "In a couple days. We wanted to say goodbyes and inform Smallstar, first. I love you, Sootstorm, you'll always be my son, even if I no longer consider myself Windclan."

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]   You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm] EmptyThu 21 Sep 2023 - 21:14

Sootstorm nodded again, then straightened up. "Well, tell me when you're leaving. It wouldn't do to let you go without a proper goodbye, right? And we should go to the flower fields one more time-- it'll be the last time you get to see the flowers there, and they're all in full bloom! And of course you have to try another hare-- they aren't very common outside of Windclan territory. And the sunrise! We have to watch the sunrise together, one last time, and-" Sootstorm rambled on and on, then abruptly stopped. Grief clawed at his heart with each word he said, each activity that he could never do with his mother again. It all seemed so unfair... but he was determined to give Brakenwing the best last memories of her birthclan. She may no longer consider herself a part of this Clan, but surely she would appreciate reliving all her good memories here?

"I love you too"

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]   You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm] EmptySat 23 Sep 2023 - 13:59

"I wouldn't leave without a last goodbye." She replied, as difficult as goodbyes were, Brackenwing would not leave the few cats she did care about hanging. Still, Sootstorm's grief was clear to her, and the elder nodded. Watching the sunrise, a last hare.. Perhaps Whisperear could join them in the flower field, too. They had always loved the area, though the memories it held were bittersweet now for the both of them. "Of course, we will have time for that. Though I hope to be away before the week is out." Brackenwing mewed.

WolfstarSkC T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRC T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawSC App
20 / 60
#867b6b
HoneykitNot Pictured
SkC Unborn Kit
10 / 30
#ff4732
StoneheartNot Pictured
Perma NPC
SkC T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]   You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm] Empty

Back to top Go down

You'll Be Okay [Sootstorm]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp-
Jump to: