Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I got a colorful aura - (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

I got a colorful aura - (c) Empty
PostSubject: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2023 - 13:29

FIt only hurts if you care, right?
It had been a few sunrises since the Thunderclanner had moved into their camp. The traditional thinking warrior had always been hesitant for outsiders to join her clan, and regardless of this newly founded alliance, Riverclan and Thunderclan had never been friendly. It was just how it was..

She shook her head before popping her head into the apprentice den, hoping she didn't bump into Murkypaw.

"Cinderpaw! Come, we're needed on a hunting patrol." she called. Cinderpaw was a lovely Riverclanner, and Fawneyes favorite apprentice beside her own. She recalled when they played together when the lynxpoint was much younger, how spritely and energetic and adorable she was. Cinderpaw would be a strong member of their clan, a perfect representation of a Riverclanner. Murkypaw had better take notes.

She licked the fur down on her chest before pushing out of the reeds and heading to the river, some nice calm fishing sounded just lovely. The weather was nice and calm for once, fish danced on the surface, their scaley pelts sparkling as they showed themselves.

"How is your training going, darlin'?"
she inquired as she looked into the river waiting for the right moment to strike into its depths.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 327

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2023 - 15:12

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

Cinderpaw had been having a quiet day that day. She had been wandering around the apprentices den for most of it, tidying up loose strands of moss or tossing out shredded-to-bits feathers. The works. She did that on some days she wasn't too busy, or felt extra dirty. Today, she had been told she was going hunting later on. With Fawneyes. That made her feel extra dirty. She needed to be pristine.

And that was how Fawneye's found her. Grooming herself feverishly, going over spots twice, thrice, finding invisible knots and matts. Such was the case upon her tail, when Fawneye's pale face peered through the entrance. It caught her by such surprise that she bit down on her tail, causing her to yelp in a muffled sort of way. "I'll buh rough ouf--" She said, her voice caught and drowned out by the fur of her tail. With a few more licks to settle it, she leapt to her paws and hurried out after the older cat.

"Sorry, I'm here!" Cinderpaw called after her hurriedly, moving through the forest after her as quick as her paws could carry her while being careful not to trod on some nasty little worm. She would never be the same again if she did. She caught up just in time for them to reach the river side by side, and to hear Fawneye's question. She let out a deflated sort of sigh, and after catching her breath she settled into place not too far from her. Looking into the watery shallows, she could see the sheen of the fishes scales. She'd catch one this time.

"My training is going... okay," She answered quietly, not wanting the fish to feel her voice through the ripples of the water. "I think I'm doing it all... A bit slower than Perchstar would like. But, uhm-- Most of our days get interrupted by a goose, usually... And- Uh-..." Her paw slowly raised, eyes carefully trailing a much too curious river dweller as it edged closer to the surface. Likely after a bug. "I'm-.. getting there, I think."

Not yet time to swing, she decided, the fish just baiting her to prematurely strike out as it danced just in and out of her reach.

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2023 - 15:28

Where others may have been amused or confused by Cinderpaw's tidy nature, Fawneye was proud of her, proud of the younger she-cat's dedication to staying clean. Her own pelt was long and easily tangled, and she had gotten in the habit of cleaning it frequently, especially when as a kitten her mother would chastise her if her appearance wasn't up to snuff. Even now as a fully grown warrior, she spent longer than she should grooming herself.  Fawneye waved a paw as if to say, 'don't worry about it' and she continued on her route to the river. Her paws were carefully placed along the path made by the hundreds of Riverclanners that came before her, ensuring she didn't step in any mud. A horror it was to get mud out of white fur. When they settled by the river and Cinderpaw started to speak Fawneye found it hard to both listen and focus on the water.

Perchstar had told them not to come back without three pieces of prey, afterall.

"Goose?" she meowed as she lashed out a paw into the water, hoping to catch one of the slimy things.

Fawneye attempted to catch a fish...success!

Not expecting the catch to be a success, Fawneye let out a high-pitched screech as the fish was flung out of the water and onto land right in between the two. In an instant, her heart started racing and she gave it a swift killing bite, spitting out the scales that she got in her mouth when she did so. She smiled sheepishly at the apprentice, "Ta-da!" she meowed pushing the fish behind them so they would have more room to catch more fish.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten

Last edited by kiikko on Wed 30 Aug 2023 - 15:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyWed 30 Aug 2023 - 15:28

The member 'kiikko' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

I got a colorful aura - (c) Mistpe10
I got a colorful aura - (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023 - 14:37

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

Cinderpaw couldn't help but grin when Fawneye echoed that wretched birds name. It sounded to her like disbelief and shock melded into one, and she didn't blame her! Too many geese. Too many big white birds existed. She waited for the fish to be caught (or missed) for her to continue speaking. The gently creased brow of the ragdoll willed her to silence, and she allowed her to concentrate.

"Good job!" The congratulatory purr erupted joyously from her throat, the tip of her tail swaying behind her back. "You made that look easy. But the goose--" The silvery-white she-cat turned back to the waters, keeping her shadow from the surface and watching the shimmery scales gloss past. None close enough yet to reach.

"My first fishing trip, my first time outside of camp, actually, Perchstar and I got attacked by a goose. And then when she brought Lavenderpaw, Rookpaw and I out, it happened again. Always when we're hunting, for some--" Her maw snapped shut and her paw suddenly whipped out.

Cinderpaw is praying she catches this fish... And ends up surprising herself!

The fish dislodged itself from her claws as she swung back out, landing with a slap on the sandy ground behind her. She blinked with owl-wide eyes, looking at the fish that still flopped desperately on the sand, and then to Fawneyes. "I... did it?" She mumbled, bewildered by the idea of actually succeeding first try. "I did it."

Slowly, the young she-cat stepped over to the floundering fish and regarded it. Her maw was curved downwards in the hint of a frown, and then looked back at Fawneyes. "Am I meant to feel sad for it..? All it was doing was swimming and now... It's here."

(i think i may have used the wrong dice e.e)

"sed non obligant."

Last edited by moonazyne on Thu 31 Aug 2023 - 14:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023 - 14:37

The member 'moonazyne' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023 - 23:54

Fawneye had never fought a goose, but she had fought quite a few hawks in her days, she never wanted to fight a goose -they were nothing but trouble, the bruises they caused were more annoying than any gash, or wound a hawk could give her.  She wrinkled her nose thinking about it as she quickly washed her paw while watching Cinderpaw hunt for a fish.

The fish were back to being plentiful and Fawneye was sure that the apprentice would be able to catch a good one - possibly even more graceful than she had been. Fawneye gasped dramatically and put a paw to her heart as Cinderpaw confessed she had encountered two geese.

"What a fright that must've been."
she meowed sympathetically, her tone genuine. She let out an excited squeal as the apprentice swung the fish out onto land, the warrior was about to congratulate her when she noticed the frown on her maw.

The warrior blinked. In all honesty, Fawneye didn't often contemplate deeper meanings behind things. She saw hunting as just another duty and never thought about the feelings behind the fish they caught so often. She tilted her head as she weighed the question. After a moment of silence, she hummed,

"My momma says fish exist simply to feed us, she says worrying about the pain of prey is a waste of time and Starclan sent them to us so we should make use of what they give us," she finally responded, "But, I suppose taking time to appreciate their sacrifice to keep our clan alive isn't too much of a waste." she added watching the pitiful thing flop, struggling to breathe.

"Just don't frown about it," she purred patting the she-cat with the tip of her tail, "You'll get wrinkles. That would be something to feel sad about."

Gosh, she was just so good with advice, truly, she should open up a shop or take in some clients, something. The warrior puffed her chest and turned back to the river with a satisfied click of her tongue. Seeing a fish swim quite close, the warrior lashed out at it with a quick and experienced paw.

Fawneye tried to catch a fish...FAILED Fawneye encountered a goose!

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the reeds move and a flash of grey feathers and an orange beak. Fawneye screeched and scrambled out of the way, but she had moved too slow and the Goose was already attacking. The beast thrust its beak deep into Fawneye's hind leg. The ragdoll whipped around and hissed, her usually serene expression twisted into a furious, disappointed scowl. If Cinderpaw never wanted to go hunting again, she wouldn't blame her.

The warrior jumped at the predator, long bone-white claws extended to their full length. She felt her claws reach deep through the feathers of the beast, blood spraying her maw as she did so.

Goose used Beak Thrust inflicting 10 dmg on Fawneye. Fawneye used Jumping Strike for 11 (8+3) damage.

Goose
43/55 HP (-11)
155/170 SP (-15)

Fawneye
40/50 HP (-10)
113/120 SP (-7)

Cinderpaw
20/20 HP
60/60 SP

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten

Last edited by kiikko on Fri 1 Sep 2023 - 0:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023 - 23:54

The member 'kiikko' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyFri 1 Sep 2023 - 5:16

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

Cinderpaw watched the fish for a few moments more, taking in what Fawneye's had told her, and then leaned in to give a quick, killing bite. She didn't know if she was feeling the fishes pain, or if the weight on her chest was coming from her. "Do you think fish live in clans, too? Like... FishClan. Maybe we're like what a fox is to us."

She stored the fish close to where Fawneye's had left her other and wondered; Did fish have a StarClan, too? Where did they go after they died? She had heard about cats hunting in StarClan, but she thought that a fish going to the afterlife just to get hunted again would be sad. Maybe StarClan was where the bad fish went. Could fish be bad?

"Fawneyes, do you think..-" Her words faltered in the mixture of a hiss, groan, and a sigh. Big white bird. Maybe this was the same goose all the time, or the gooses family, and they had it out for them. GooseClan. An idea bloomed in her head, and she glanced at Fawneye's with a hint of mischief as she joined her in fending the goose away.

"Think Perchstar would count this as a really big lump of prey? We could eat this for days," She meowed as she slunk around the warrior, swiftly moving in and curving her unsheathed, needle-sharp claws into the gooses flesh. The feathers felt awful between her toes.

Cinderpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage!

Goose
37/55 HP (-6)
155/170 SP

Fawneye
40/50 HP
113/120 SP

Cinderpaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP (-7)

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyFri 1 Sep 2023 - 14:12

Fawneye huffed, her ears flattening to her head as she dodged out of the way of the goose's next attack before strinking at its head with a paw.

At Cinderpaw's words she relaxed slightly, a giggle escaped her maw, "You're so right, darling." she hastily agreed. Perchstar would just have to accept this as their third prey.

Fawneye used Front paw strike, dealing 8 damage.

Goose
29/55 HP (-8)
155/170 SP

Fawneye
40/50 HP
106/120 SP (-7)

Cinderpaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyWed 6 Sep 2023 - 12:20

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

Cinderpaw, for a change, seemed chock-full of excited adrenaline during this battle. Maybe it was because Fawneye's seemed so calm, elegant, even. As of this was merely an inconvenience on the same level as a stone between your toes. Maybe it was! After all, Cinderpaw had fought plenty of geese before.

As Fawneye's lashed out at the goose once more, Cinderpaw took it upon herself to work her way behind the goose and leaped with paws out-stretched. She may be small, but with enough effort...

Cinderpaw used Leap and Hold, dealing 7 damage. She manages to keep the goose pinned for... One turn! But she's proud either way!

"When we bring it down, I want to bring back some feathers for my nest," Cinderpaw huffed out through effort. The goose was not pleased to be held down, it seemed. "And maybe Larkpaw's. And Rookpaw's. Maybe for yours and Perchstar's nest, too-- Does it have that many feathers?--"

Goose
22/55 HP (-7)
155/170 SP

Fawneye
40/50 HP
106/120 SP

Cinderpaw
20/20 HP
38/60 SP (-15)

"sed non obligant."

Last edited by moonazyne on Wed 6 Sep 2023 - 12:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) EmptyWed 6 Sep 2023 - 12:20

The member 'moonazyne' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got a colorful aura - (c)   I got a colorful aura - (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

I got a colorful aura - (c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: