Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2980

but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c] Empty
PostSubject: but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c]   but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c] EmptyThu 10 Aug 2023 - 15:50

Whisperear

Whisperear sat out in their garden, quietly tending to the flowers that were growing there. Their expression was drawn into a tight, pensive one, as thoughts rolled around in their mind. The flowers were beautiful, small roses just starting to bud. It was inevitable that their thoughts would turn to Rosepaw. They were still just so confused about what happened. They understood Rosepaw’s frustrations at the ceremony, but didn’t think it was the time or place for the arguments that broke out. Rosepaw was supposed to finally get her warrior namea nd be a full member of the clan again. Instead, the ceremony had ended without her name and while Whisperear had hoped to speak with her that evening, she hada run off in the night. Whisperear didn’t know if they would ever see her again. It was just like in their childhood.

They crushed one of the rosebuds beneath their paw as frustration flared like flames inside of them. They’ve lost so many friends and family over the years. Their parents, dead before they were old enough to remember them. Rosepaw, twice; the other Rosepaw; Lavenderdrop; all disappeared without a trace. Swiftspirit, Goldenstar, Mallardduck, Daisybreeze, Adderdawn, Flutterpetal; all killed, all lost forever. Strikestar’s mistakes that caused such anguish; Batsong’s foolish choices that Whisperear still didn’t know what to think about; Coyotegrin, who he thought of as a mother but who he had barely spoken to in moons, and all of her children that Whisperear felt hopelessly disconnected from. Their relationships that were falling apart, or had never begun, was their own fault, they knew; but it also felt like the culmination of some curse. Some horrible aura that fell over WindClan and turned the clan that Whisperear once loved and felt such pride for into something they were trying to hold onto out of habit. When was the last time Whisperear felt truly safe in their own clan? They could not even do anything to help it. They were an elder at the age of a warrior; not experienced enough to really earn the respect of an elder, but too useless to be helpful like a warrior.

Whisperear looked back towards the elder’s den, where they knew that Brackenwing was resting. Brackenwing, the cat that they have actually managed to hold onto without losing, drifting away from, or blowing up at. If there really was a curse in this clan that they had always called home, then Whisperear refused to let Brackenwing be another victim of it.

Their paw moved from the crushed flower bud and they entered the den. It was easy enough to spot Brackenwing. They were the only elders there, after all. It made the den rather lonely, if not for one another’s company. Whisperear approached and placed a paw against her flank to get her attention.

Brackenwing, said Whisperear, what would you say if I asked to leave WindClan?

The question surprised even then. It was a spur-of-the-moment thought. They had considered it, at a time, when Adderdawn and Flutterpetal were still alive. They considered it more when they had died. Whisperear thought, perhaps, the thought would leave now that Shrikestar was gone…but here the thought remained, nestled tightly in their brain.
WindClan • Elder • They/Them • 55 | 50 • #9999cc
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5707

PostSubject: Re: but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c]   but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c] EmptyThu 10 Aug 2023 - 17:07

Brackenwing was half dozing in the den, though it was fitful at best. If it wasn't the pain, it was her mind that kept her awake. Windclan had found new leadership, but it seemed as though the clan were forever in a state of turmoil. So many cats had been lost recently, and it seemed as though trust in Windclan's leadership only seemed to hit new lows. Smallstar was trying, Tigerdance had been a good pick for deputy, Brackenwing knew. But she still felt herself growing further from many of her clanmates. Rosepaw's deconstruction of the warrior code and mess of a warrior ceremony weighed on her still. Brackenwing stood by what she said... But she had not thought to be so harsh. Rosepaw running off in the night after her ceremony had been unexpected, and Brackenwing had to wonder if the she-cat simply needed time to cool down, or if the state of their clan was simply too much. She had watched as Sootstorm's face fell as the ceremony had devolved into argument, and she wished not for the first time that there was an easier solution. But the wounds that Windclan's former leader had left on the clan would not fade so easily, even with Smallstar's sensible pick for deputy. The clan's faith in their leadership had simply been shaken too much over recent seasons.

An ear twitched as Whisperear entered the den, and their gentle paw on her flank was a welcome distraction as Brackenwing blinked up at her denmate and companion. She wasn't the most talkative... But she never minded talking with Whisperear. "Hey," She greeted softly, green eyes blinking up at their pale face.

Whisperear's question made her blink once, slowly. Leave? That thought was one that had crossed her own mind, one that Brackenwing had been too stubborn and prideful to give voice to. But Whisperear had voiced it... And that brought the thought back into the forefront of her mind.

"I'd ask what caused such a thought." She murmured, "Then I'd ask if you really wanted to put this clan and those who care about you through more loss." She said, striped tail twitching as she pulled herself upright, eyes focusing on the pale hardly-elder in front of her.

"It feels like it never ends, in this clan. There's always a loss, or fighting, or..." Well, she had taken part in the infighting plenty, hadn't she? In an attempt to better the clan, to make her clanmates see reason. Not that it worked. Brackenwing shook her head. "It seems every week someone leaves, one way or another." Sagepaw. Shimmergale, Flutterpetal and Adderdawn... Owlshade was somewhere in Shadowclan territory, and Brackenwing was one bad day from storming across the thunderpath herself. Rosepaw, it seemed, had left them too, though Brackenwing had not always seen eye to eye with her. She saw eye to eye with very few cats, these days. "I'm tired. Of losing cats I care about. I suppose my third question would be if you'd let me join you... Then where would you plan on going." She added, watching Whisperear for a reaction.

Brackenwing WC T5 Elder [65 / 130 *] #702fd8
Wolfstar SkC T5 Leader [80 / 170] #a0c8e6
Swandive RC T3 Warrior [50 / 120] #0881ab
Briarpaw SC Apprentice [20 / 60] #867b6b
Honeykit SkC Kit [10 / 30] #ff4732
Cloudkit [Bonus] WC Kit [10 / 30] #a45ee9
Stoneheart [Perma NPC] SkC T5 Warrior [70 / 160] #616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c]   but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c] EmptyWed 16 Aug 2023 - 16:08

Whisperear

Whisperear was a little tense as they waited for Brackenwing’s reply. They both cared deeply for their clan, and were disappointed by what it had turned into. Whisperear hoped that Brackenwing would not be offended by the idea, or think less of them because they were considering leaving entirely. WindClan was their only home, but they knew that there was more out there…and they weren’t sure how long they could really stay here.

Their eyes widened when Brackenwing finished. A lot of question were put forth and Whisperear kept themselves from jumping right to the end.

I’ve lost a lot of cats. We both have, they said.I’ve lost as many cats who up and disappeared as who have been buried in the ground…There’s not many cats left that I think I’m close to. Coyotegrin, I care about of course, but I barely know her kin despite being all but a child to her. Batsong—I haven’t found the words to talk to her since the mess she caused at the Gathering. Beyond them, and you, I’m not sure there’s a cat that will really miss me. They both knew how lonely it was in the elder’s den. They got rare visitors as it was. Whisperear doubted that their leaving would make much of an impact.

They added, And…WindClan keeps making mistakes, in one way or another. I hope that Smallstar and Tigerdance can improve the clan but…there’s too many bad memories here. WindClan is my home, but that doesn’t mean it’s always best to stay. Besides, what will WindClan really be losing? I can’t assist the clan, and I’m not seasoned enough to really have the stories or wisdom that elders provide.

But, they said finally, I would not leave without you. You’re one of the few cats I have left, and the one I care for the most. So if you’re asking to join…I would be happy.They smiled tentatively. As for where, I had nowhere in particular in mind. I think I recall an old twoleg barn south of here, near RiverClan. I saw it on some patrols moons ago. Maybe we can look there. Whisperear smiled a little humorlessly. After all, we have experiencing living on one of those things, don’t we?
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c]   but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c] EmptyWed 16 Aug 2023 - 17:53

"I haven't talked to either of them, myself... We used to be close, but..." Brackenwing shook her head. It seemed like those days of fighting a fox in the tunnels and going on hunting patrols together were long behind them now. So too were the days of helping Batsong look for herbs, or being stuck in the medicine den but being able to trust the medicine cat caring for her. Brackenwing simply nodded at Whisperear's words in understanding.

"Honestly? When have the elders before us ever shown wisdom? I think we have more common sense than they did, and Windclan could use more of that... Not that the warriors listen." She murmured, continuing to speak as Whisperear fell silent. "I trust Tigerdance, I think Smallstar chose well. But I do worry that it will be too little, too late. I know it will take time for the clan to heal, regardless. And... You aren't wrong. Some days it feels like there's more bad memories than good, here." She didn't like to admit it, but it was simply the truth. From Swiftspirit and Sagepaw's deaths, to all the drama with Shadowclan. Silverwing, Shrikestorm's leadership, the entitlement of his warriors and refusal to listen to the code or to reason. Owlshade's capture was simply another nail in the coffin, her only surviving relative in the paws of Shadowclan. Who Smallstar had run from rather than fight to protect.

"If you'd have me." Brackenwing said, meeting Whisperear's gaze with her own, "I think Tigerdance could hold his own with this lot... And I care far too much for you to see you walk away."

Whisperear's reminder of the barn brought a small smile to her face. "I remember when all we wanted to do was get out of there and come home... Sometimes I think what would've happened had we not left." She laughed quietly. The prey had been abundant, there had been shelter with a few other cats... And it had been quiet, peaceful. Away from the chaos of the clans that they'd unknowingly walked back into.

Maybe... Maybe barn life wouldn't be so bad, after all.

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c]   but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c] EmptyMon 21 Aug 2023 - 21:28

Whisperear

Whisperear held their breath as they listened to Brackenwing’s response. They nodded to most of what she said. Brackenwing was always sensible, and they appreciated her train of thought. They almost chuckled at the mention of them having more common sense than other elders. Perhaps they did.

Their ears rose when Brackenwing gave a final answer. A soft purr rumbled in their throat. So they would not be without Brackenwing after all…They could make a place for themselves at a barn. Live on the land as best they can. Maybe one day they would go to some other clan, or even become kittypets. (Both thoughts were a bit sour in their mind, but it was still a possibility if they needed to.) There would be no expectations, no StarClan hanging over them, and no leader to listen to. They could live how they like…together.

“We’ll go together, then,” Whisperear said, their voice warm with happiness. “Should we…say our goodbyes at one point? I don’t want to make a big deal of things, but…” So many cats had disappeared from Whisperear’s life without a word. They did not want to do the same to the cats they loved, even if they will be disappointed in them. They still deserved to know.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c]   but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c] EmptyTue 22 Aug 2023 - 13:38

She had thought she knew what Whisperear's answer might be, but their response eased the heavy feeling that had seemed to take root in her chest. "Together, then." She confirmed, offering a small smile. For a long time it had been the two of them against something or another. Against Windclan's lack of leadership, against the chaos with Shadowclan, fighting capture and to survive. Together throughout a lot, and they would be together in this too.

An ear flicked at the idea of goodbyes. Part of Brackenwing wanted to say no, and simply walk into the rolling hills with Whisper and see where their paws guided them. But that wouldn't be right. This was still the clan that had raised them and given them shelter, despite how much it had changed. "Saying goodbyes will hurt... But not as badly as leaving those we do care about wondering. As much bad blood as there has been, I think I'd owe them that much." She replied softly. "However tempting the thought of stealing away in the night might be. We've been away from them before without warning, and once was enough for me."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c]   but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c] EmptyThu 24 Aug 2023 - 13:56

Whisperear

Whisperear smiled. They felt more words dancing on their tongue, but it still didn’t feel like the right time. They weren’t sure when it would; soon, they hoped. Maybe at the barn.

They will, Whisperear agreed. But you’re right. It’s better to tell those we love, than let them wonder. There weren’t many cats that Whisperear had to tell. So many were gone…Coyotegrin was the only cat left that Whisperear could think of who they would want to give a personal goodbye to. Batsong would be an option too, if she hadn’t left as well. We’ll leave next week, then…gives us plenty of time to say goodbye. Whisperear looked at Brackenwing and then shuffled slightly towards her and rested their forehead briefly against her shoulder. Then we can start anew.

Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c]   but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c] EmptyThu 24 Aug 2023 - 18:04

She nodded at Whisperear's words. A week would be enough to say their goodbyes, she thought. Maybe it was more than enough, with how few cats Brackenwing held close, these days. Tigerdance, Sootstorm... Maybe Smallstar if only because he deserved to know of his clanmates' departure. Batsong, if Brackenwing could actually catch her estranged sister.

"Starting anew, but we'll have each other." She murmured, tail curling against their flank as they leaned against her shoulder. The thought of Whisperear by her side made it seem less daunting. Her pale companion had been a seeming constant around her for moons, it seemed only natural that they would take this next step together, too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c]   but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

but i'm sure, i want to be with you [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp-
Jump to: