Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5682

Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] Empty
PostSubject: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptyThu 3 Aug 2023 - 12:14

"Hi!" Swanpaw chirped out a greeting to the other apprentice who had approached the camp's entrance. Before Willowpaw - she was reasonably sure that was her name - could say anything, Swanpaw had ducked out of camp, eager to have something to do. Her paws had itched with impatience despite not having had to wait for her patrolmates to show up at all really, and it seemed as thought the warriors who accompanied the apprentices on this patrol were content to talk quietly among themselves, mostly glancing their way to make sure that the pair were still close. That was just fine with Swanpaw, and it would let her talk to another denmate she hardly knew... If Willowpaw was the talking sort. She had no idea.

"So, Willowpaw, right?" Blue eyes glanced toward the older apprentice. "You've been an apprentice for a while, how's training going?" Small talk, maybe... But they had to start somewhere, right?

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptyThu 10 Aug 2023 - 18:27

Willowpaw

Willowpaw looked at Swanpaw with her big blue eyes, surprised to see her, but not unwelcome. She blinked a couple of times and then her ears twitched at the mention of being apprentice or a while. She told herself that Swanpaw did not mean it in a rude way, but she could not quite stop the burn of embarrassment in her chest. She wanted to be a warrior already…she wasn’t sure what was holding her back. Especially as her sister and brother were already warriors far ahead of her.

She blinked again, rousing from her brief spiral and replied, “Well, I think. Stormdance is a wonderful mentor.” She tried to remember who she had seen Swanpaw be assigned to. “Ah, Poppyshine is your mentor, yes? I imagine she has been training you well.” She couldn’t imagine Auntie Poppy slacking in the training department.
RiverClan • Apprentice • She/Her • 20 | 60 • #6abcde
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptyFri 11 Aug 2023 - 9:28

"Stormdance? I haven't met him." She admitted somewhat sheepishly. There were... A lot of clanmates Swanpaw hadn't met yet, even though she'd been in the clan what felt like her whole life. That was something she ought to change, she knew. She might have been born an outsider, but that didn't mean she wanted to be an outsider in her home.

"Poppyshine, yeah! She's great!" Swanpw's face seemed to light up at the mention of her new mentor. "She's been teaching me how to hunt, and fight. And she's super nice! Honestly, I wish I'd been her apprentice from the start. I know I'm not that behind in my training, but it felt like I did nothing with Drizzlepool, and I could tell she wasn't exactly happy about having an apprentice, too. Training with Poppyshine has been completely different... Better, actually."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptyWed 16 Aug 2023 - 13:22

Willowpaw

Willowpaw’s ears rose as she listened to Swanpaw’s excited words. She nodded in agreement. “I would expect nothing less from the deputy. I am sorry about your previous mentor, but I am glad that the reassignment is doing better for you. I will have to introduce you to Stormdance some time too. He is very nice, and one of the senior warriors.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptyWed 16 Aug 2023 - 14:52

Swanpaw listened as Willowpaw spoke, nodding. "I feel like I've learned a lot, even if playing catch up has been a lot of work." She mewed. "I really should know more of the warriors by now. I feel like I barely know my own clanmates." Swanpaw admitted, It was easy to stay among her siblings and the one friend she'd made outside of them so far, but how could a real clan cat not know the rest of the clan? That was something she needed to fix, she was beginning to realize.

"What's training like, for you?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptyMon 21 Aug 2023 - 17:24

Willowpaw

Willowpaw nodded, but she didn’t seem too bothered by Swanpaw admitting that she didn’t know a lot of the cats in her clan. She replied, “I feel the same way. I think I’ve met all of the warriors by now, but I haven’t spoken to a lot of the other apprentices. I think I’ve only officially met half of your siblings.” She hoped to change that soon. She didn’t want them becoming warriors alongside her and she knew little to nothing about them.

When Swanpaw asked about training, Willowpaw considered that. “It’s good. Stormdance takes me on border patrols a lot. I think he likes the walking more than hunting, but that’s alright. I think I’m a good hunter already.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptyTue 22 Aug 2023 - 10:36

The mention of her siblings made Swanpaw grin, "My siblings? I'm sorry they're... Like that." Willowpaw hadn't mentioned which siblings she'd met, of course, but they were all... Something, to put it mildly. Swanpaw had grown up with them, of course, and to her the nature of her siblings was something that rolled off her shoulders as easily as river water. She'd seen how they interacted with some of her clanmates though. "I promise we're not all crazy." She mewed, tone completely sincere.

"Out of yours, you're the first." She admitted, "I imagine yours are probably less chaotic." Being the leader's kits would have an affect on how they interacted with their clanmates, if she had to guess, though she'd yet to interact with them much.

"Honestly, I'd enjoy just a walk too. It's better than making nests. I'd rather spar or hunt, though. I think I've been improving a lot, lately."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptyThu 24 Aug 2023 - 10:34

Willowpaw

Willow tilted her head. “Your siblings seemed perfectly normal when I met them,” she replied. “I believe I’ve met Dovepaw and Ravenpaw…” She was pretty sure that there were two others, though she couldn’t recall their names. She’ll find them and meet them at one point.

“Most of my siblings are fairly calm,” Willowpaw continued, “though Wrenpaw likes to roughhouse. I think she’s gotten calmer since becoming Sandyshell’s apprentice, but we’ll see if that calm lasts.” She spoke with affection for Wrenpaw, though. Her sister could be a bit crazy, but she loved her all the same.

Willowpaw looked to Swanpaw. “We should spar some time, then.” They couldn’t go out on a hunt without a mentor, and it would be up to Poppyshine if they were put on the same patrol. But they could certainly spar at camp.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptyThu 24 Aug 2023 - 15:02

"So you haven't met Pidge yet. Or Crow." There was a spark of amusement in her eyes, though Swanpaw was quickly distracted by Willowpaw's next words. "Sandyshell's apprentice? So like... Learning herbs and stuff?" Her nose wrinkled slightly. She couldn't imagine wanting to learn about herbs, though she knew that medicine cats were important to the clan and all. "A medicine cat who likes roughhousing?" Swanpaw had thought medicine cats were supposed to be sticks in the mud about that sort of thing. If Wrenpaw wasn't though... Perhaps she ought to seek her out. And getting to know some of the clan's higher ups that weren't just her mentor would probably be helpful, too.

"Oh, we should!" She mewed in response, blue eyes bright, "Well, not now I guess... Unless..?" She eyed the older apprentice, a hint of mischief in her gaze. Sure, this was a patrol, but would the warriors totally wouldn't mind, right?

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptyMon 28 Aug 2023 - 13:41

Willowpaw

Willowpaw nodded as they continued on. “She’ll make an odd medicine cat for sure,” she murmured, love coloring her words. Her sister was so silly, and quite odd from what Willowpaw knew about medicine cats, but she knew she would do a good job. “She’s good with herbs, though, and quite smart. She’ll be good at it.”

She turned to look at Swanpaw and her head tilted with a mark of confusion on her face. “Unless?” she repeated.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptySat 2 Sep 2023 - 15:33

Swanpaw couldn’t help but smile at Willowpaw’s description of her sister. It was obvious that she loved her siblings, just as Swanpaw loved hers. “I’m sure she will be.” She mewed, “I can't imagine how difficult it must be. The only real way for them to get experience would be...” She trailed off before finishing that thought, grimacing. “Uh, nevermind that.” She mewed.

Willowpaw was obviously confused at her meaning, and Swanpaw deflated just a little. “Oh, well I just meant... We could spar now, even if that’s not technically why we’re out of camp... I’m sure the warriors wouldn’t mind... Much. Right?” She asked, a small, hopeful grin flickering across her expression.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptySat 23 Sep 2023 - 14:18

Willowpaw

Willowpaw’s eyes widened and her ears perked after Swanpaw’s explanation. “Oh!” It felt obvious in hindsight. She straightened up and stretched out her limbs. “I do not think there’s anything wrong with a little sparring. It is all part of our training, yes? If you would like to spar, then consider your challenge accepted.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 17:35

It seemed her explanation helped Willowpaw understand, and the pale apprentice grinned at her as she accepted the offer. "Come on, then!" She mewed excitedly, "Show me what you've got, Willowpaw!" Swanpaw was already widening her stance, paws spread for balance as she eyed her fellow apprentice with a mix of trepidation and competitiveness.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]   Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw] Empty

Back to top Go down

Knowing Your Denmates [Willowpaw]
Page 1 of 1