Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

wildflower [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6077

wildflower [c] Empty
PostSubject: wildflower [c]   wildflower [c] EmptyFri 28 Jul 2023 - 11:20

Mistflower gathered the little pile pretty-colored flowers she'd spent the morning gathering, wrapping them carefully as she'd seen medicine cats do with precious herbs, and carefully lifted the bundle in her mouth. She wasn't sure how this gesture would be received, but it was something that felt important. She didn't know Beechfang, one of the newest permanent additions to SkyClan (though one that had been part of it in some distant past, long before her time), but she knew that Dawnfeather regarded her highly, and Foxtrot also seemed to.

Her mentor and her dearest friend both cared a great deal for this cat, and so she wasn't just a stranger who was now meant to be a Clanmate. She was someone that Mistflower felt the need to make a good impression on.

The bundle of pink and blue and yellow in her jaws would hopefully be a good first step toward that goal.

She approached slowly, still a bit nervous and hesitating with every step, and she very carefully set the bundle at her paws when she reached her destination.

"Um-- hi," she greeted, trying not to wince at how the words came out. Speaking to someone she didn't know well was always awkward, but it was rare enough that she often forgot just how much. "I thought... Well. I like flowers, and I think they're pretty, so... I was gathering these ones today. I thought maybe you might like some of them?"

you never had a chance, you know (incurable romantics never do) —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneypaw [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/App [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5753

wildflower [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: wildflower [c]   wildflower [c] EmptyFri 28 Jul 2023 - 11:51

It was interesting, Beechfang noted, just how differently she was approached by some clanmates instead of others. Bearkit had been bold. Dawnfeather and Bloodstrike exuberant. The she-cat who approached now hesitated with every step, and Beechfang kept her paws still where she sat. It almost felt like sudden movement would spook this one. Dawnfeather had supplied a name for this one, she was sure, but she couldn't quite remember.

"Hello," Beechfang greeted softly, offering the other she-cat a small smile. "Flowers?" She tipped her head, blinking at the pink, blue and yellow petals. Hailfall had approached her with similar, once. Dawnfeather, too. Feathers, rather, but their intents were similar. It was always strange to Beechfang, to be offered such. She simply wasn't used to it, but the other warrior's explanation made her expression warm slightly. "Thank you..." She mewed.

"I'm afraid I don't know your name. I'm Beechfang." She added.

Skyclan Leader | Characters | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

wildflower [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: wildflower [c]   wildflower [c] EmptyFri 28 Jul 2023 - 12:03

"Yes, I know your name," Mistflower nodded, before realizing how weird that probably sounded to say with that level of confidence and inwardly cringing at herself. "Wait, that's- um. It's because-- Birdstar introduced you, that day. And Dawnfeather and Foxtrot--"

She cut herself off, shaking her head quickly. "Sorry. That was-- I'm not-- my name is Mistflower. I've heard of you before, and Dawnfeather seemed so happy to see you and Foxtrot seemed excited, so I thought-- um. It would be good... To... Introduce myself?"

Why had she said it like a question?

"Sorry, I'm usually-- well, not that I'm not-- but it's difficult for me to--"

She shook her head again, as if that might serve to actually clear her thoughts, and finally spoke again after a long moment of silence.

"Dawnfeather was my mentor," she said, softly, relieved that this time the words came out the way she intended them. "And Foxtrot is my best friend. If you're important to them... Then I thought that you should be important to me, too."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneypaw [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/App [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger

wildflower [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: wildflower [c]   wildflower [c] EmptyFri 28 Jul 2023 - 16:36

"It's alright," Beechfang's whiskers twitched in amusement as Mistflower attempted to explain, stumbling over her words. Beechfang hadn't taken it as rude, and the apology wasn't necessary, in truth. Mistflower seemed to be one of the more skittish sorts, to her. Strange to think of a Skyclanner that way... But then, they had had their fair share of cats who weren't like the usual loud and abrasive clanmates.

Beechfang had slowly learned to be less loud, over the years. Maybe not less abrasive, depending on who you asked, but... She listened as Mistflower talked, not interrupting as the she-cat spoke. Dawnfeather and Foxtrot... That brought a soft smile to her face. Mistflower was her apprentice, and Beechfang relaxed a little at that. "She's my niece. One of the kindest cats I know, too. I think any warrior would have been lucky, to have her as a mentor." She mewed, "Foxtrot I don't know that well... I'd like to, I know Dawnfeather thinks highly of him. And you." She added.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

wildflower [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: wildflower [c]   wildflower [c] EmptySat 29 Jul 2023 - 9:26

"She's always been kind to me," Mistflower agreed, relaxing now that she'd managed to communicate her actual feelings a bit better and the older warrior didn't seem upset or offended. "They both have. So I care a lot about them... And about the other cats they care about, too. So when you came back and they were so excited... I thought it would be a good idea to do something," she gestured again to the bundle of flowers. "So I went with the only thing I really know."

Well, in theory she could have brought some prey, but-- that was a nice gesture, but not personal enough for Mistflower. Even fresh-caught prey that she'd found herself wouldn't feel quite right.

"They're not exactly useful... But not everything needs to be."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

wildflower [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: wildflower [c]   wildflower [c] EmptySat 29 Jul 2023 - 10:39

Mistflower continued, and Beechfang nodded in agreement. "I understand, and agree with you there. And, well, we're clanmates now. That would be reason enough for me, but seeing my niece care about others... I feel like I should get to know them too."

"That's... An interesting perspective. And true. It's one that's easy to forget, as well. But not a bad thing." A very Dawnfeather perspective, Beechfang thought with a half-smile. When survival of the clan and herself had been the goal, there had never been room for frivolous things that weren't useful. Realizing that Skyclan was in a place where their warriors could be allowed to have such a perspective and not immediately face consequences for it was strangely comforting to the she-cat.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

wildflower [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: wildflower [c]   wildflower [c] EmptyTue 29 Aug 2023 - 6:58

Mistflower was happy to hear that the older warrior didn't dismiss her thoughts outright: from appearance alone, she seemed experienced and battle-scarred; the sort of cat that Mistflower had always imagined wouldn't care much for pretty things. Then again, appearances could be deceiving, couldn't they?

It felt like she was finished speaking. Well, almost.

"...I'm glad you're here."

With that last statement, she left Beechfang to her solitude.

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wildflower [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: wildflower [c]   wildflower [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

wildflower [c]
Page 1 of 1